PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

your right zee, no one is forcing me to buy this game, i guess i had high hopes for pes but continuously feel disappointed, i guess il wait and see what pes17 has to offer.

I hope so too and it is dissappointing to think we had all the la Liga kits stadia and even ad boards till ea rolled up with the money barrels. I still can't help but feel that ea are wrong and exclusivity for that matter is wrong.

What's strange is I remember Konami started advertising in team socks lo and behold those have all been taken up by EA

money makes the world go round

Don't fuck licences dude it's not a bad thing... But fuck exclusivity fucking signing contract

i thought it was illegal for companies to hold a monopoly on the market.
but it's not in the gaming industry?
the gaming industry need to get with the times... that's mafia shit!

Last edited:
I hope so too and it is dissappointing to think we had all the la Liga kits stadia and even ad boards till ea rolled up with the money barrels. I still can't help but feel that ea are wrong and exclusivity for that matter is wrong.

What's strange is I remember Konami started advertising in team socks lo and behold those have all been taken up by EA

money makes the world go round

It was only a matter of time before that happened Zeemeister. . .Konami will lose every licence, that's the way a monopoly works. The only way they can fight back is through superior gameplay and editing options .. . looks like a lot of the guys from Pes have switched to fifa. . apparently for the slower gameplay and variation in shooting and chances. To be honest any Fifa videos that I've seen have been drab affairs and the game seems more seductive because it has the whole package which it always had anyway. I'll still hold the fort for another year anyway.

Yep same here. I am not sure what's "better" anymore let's say I am more akin to KONAMI'S interpretation of the beautiful game. PES 2016 has many gameplay issues that I want fixed before the aesthetics.

Yep same here. I am not sure what's "better" anymore let's say I am more akin to KONAMI'S interpretation of the beautiful game. PES 2016 has many gameplay issues that I want fixed before the aesthetics.

So it's me and you against the might of Fifa Zee lol.

Lol don't underestimate the support PES has and I am sure it will grow. Adam for all his shortcomings is very active on social media and amongst the communities of PES and fifa

Last edited:
Is this LA Liga thing confirmed? If so, where? And what does our beloved Adam say to that? Is PES 2017 even at E3, as a bonus question?

And holy shit guys, you're overthinking this thing with licenses. It's very simple, imagine two scenarios.
One has been happening with PES 2014 2015 and 2016 already (on top with a poor PC version), and the other is a hypothetical "what if" PES.

A: PES 2017 loses la liga, ends up with 5 licensed leagues and about 30 stadiums, 20 real and 10 fake. no stadium creator. The rest of the game stays the same as the previous game.
B: PES 2017 loses all league and club licenses, has 30 fake leagues for editing, option file sharing for PC/PS4/X1 similar to NBA 2k16 images upload site, all features equal across PC and consoles, stadium creator with 50 slots return, plus 45 fake and 5 real stadiums, edit mode expanded with loads of new and old features...and so on

Which PES 2017 of the two would you buy?

So, what Konami needs to do to combat losing licenses is really simple.
It's so unbelievable that they can't see it for years(or don't want to do it)

Last edited:
Is this LA Liga thing confirmed? If so, where? And what does our beloved Adam say to that? Is PES 2017 even at E3, as a bonus question?

And holy shit guys, you're overthinking this thing with licenses. It's very simple, imagine two scenarios.
One has been happening with PES 2014 2015 and 2016 already (on top with a poor PC version), and the other is a hypothetical "what if" PES.

A: PES 2017 loses la liga, ends up with 5 licensed leagues and about 30 stadiums, 20 real and 10 fake. no stadium creator. The rest of the game stays the same as the previous game.
B: PES 2017 loses all league and club licenses, has 30 fake leagues for editing, option file sharing for PC/PS4/X1 similar to NBA 2k16 images upload site, all features equal across PC and consoles, stadium creator with 50 slots return, plus 45 fake and 5 real stadiums, edit mode expanded with loads of new and old features...and so on

It's quite confirmed.

There are two scenarios:
A: Konami lost the licence and now has to negotiate with every single club about the licence (like it is in Serie A)
B: Konami lost the licence and the teamname, -logo and kits are fake and the players are real (like it is in the Premier League because of the FifPro licence)

Adam Bhatti tweeted: "For PES 2017 it's all about the gameplay"

So you can decide what this means for the La Liga licence...

A lot of generic stadiums would be great, but we need at least a proper PC-Port with all the content included (so no exclusive stadiums for console versions).

This.

The writing was on the wall for the La Liga licence a couple of years ago. I think it was PES 2013 that featured all 20 La Liga stadia, then the next year they were all gone. EA had some involvement in this as far as I'm concerned. This is a significant blow to PES. The top three leagues in Europe (de facto top three in the world) will be unlicensed or absent.

Licensing does matter now more than ever. The tolerance amongst mainstream gamers for unlicensed teams, kits, players and stadia is not what it was 15-20 years ago, and as graphical clarity moves forward the weird generic kits and club crests look increasingly amateur and awkward, especially when the competitor offers authenticity in droves.

It's absolutely imperative that Konami builds powerful, flexible, non-restrictive editing tools into PES and allows in-game sharing of user-created content. It's the only way to keep a mainstream audience interested in PES, the guys that don't visit forums and don't know/care about option files. Probably 90+% of the PES player-base.

The writing was on the wall for the La Liga licence a couple of years ago. I think it was PES 2013 that featured all 20 La Liga stadia, then the next year they were all gone. EA had some involvement in this as far as I'm concerned. This is a significant blow to PES. The top three leagues in Europe (de facto top three in the world) will be unlicensed or absent.

Licensing does matter now more than ever. The tolerance amongst mainstream gamers for unlicensed teams, kits, players and stadia is not what it was 15-20 years ago, and as graphical clarity moves forward the weird generic kits and club crests look increasingly amateur and awkward, especially when the competitor offers authenticity in droves.

It's absolutely imperative that Konami builds powerful, flexible, non-restrictive editing tools into PES and allows in-game sharing of user-created content. It's the only way to keep a mainstream audience interested in PES, the guys that don't visit forums and don't know/care about option files. Probably 90+% of the PES player-base.

I couldn't have said it better myself

Mentioned it before but tbe don bradman cricket academy for the game of the same name is truly fantastic. Anybody can create and upload using a PC tool and all contet is rated so you can tell what's best. In game all you have to do is press square and it automatically downloads whatever is the best fit for thay slot. So simple

The solution is very simple for Konami

Give us editing tools (stadium,kit,logo,face)and let the community customize the game for ourselves, Instead of alienating everyone, lying to them and setting their mad dogs in the forums to hound out any one with a tiny bit of criticism.

Also introduce gameplay sliders and customization for the master league and let the offline users control their experience. let us choose the structures, the rules and the teams participating freely.

Make your money off the online with little kids' modes.

How can PES 6 have more and better features than PES 2016?

Also hire classier people to deal with the community instead of blatant liars and rigged game reviews, an insult to their customers.

Give us editing tools (stadium,kit,logo,face)and let the community customize the game for ourselves, Instead of alienating everyone, lying to them and setting their mad dogs in the forums to hound out any one with a tiny bit of criticism.

Also introduce gameplay sliders and customization for the master league and let the offline users control their experience. let us choose the structures, the rules and the teams participating freely.

Also hire classier people to deal with the community instead of blatant liars and rigged game reviews, an insult to their customers.

Don't beat around the bush Shez. . tell them how you really feel!

A bit off thread, but considering this trailrr below came in 2013, I cant be impressed by Fifa 17 trailer or any trailer of PES/FIFA released so far.

Graphics/animations look so good here, wtf Konami did in the last two years...

https://youtu.be/xKcbA2uVWsw

In a shorter way Konami should just do what EA has beeen doing.

Ah Dudu that brings a tear to my eye . .me and you will always love pes 2014!

Actually i didnt even have pes 2014. My ps3 slim got broken.

I just love the technical aspects of the game (animations/physicd/graphics), but Konami decided to throw in a garbage all the good things they have done with pes2014.

The main issue with PES 14 was the defensive line following the players right into the box constantly, you can see this at 1:25. I did like the animation of PES14 though, but it had too many glaring gameplay issues - specifically the defensive line.

as my signature show ... definitely second choice :LOL:
but if ... if ... if ... gameplay and graphic of pes be superior !
otherwise why should I (or anyone else) don't prefer fifa?!

It's quite confirmed.

There are two scenarios:
A: Konami lost the licence and now has to negotiate with every single club about the licence (like it is in Serie A)
B: Konami lost the licence and the teamname, -logo and kits are fake and the players are real (like it is in the Premier League because of the FifPro licence)

Adam Bhatti tweeted: "For PES 2017 it's all about the gameplay"

So you can decide what this means for the La Liga licence...

A lot of generic stadiums would be great, but we need at least a proper PC-Port with all the content included (so no exclusive stadiums for console versions).

scenario B

giphy.gif

Shame about the La Liga licence honestly, but I obviously agree with what's been said.
Give us the chance to easily edit the unlicensed content or to add some new content ourselves like it happens in rFactor (this would obviously mean editing at file-level into the cpk archives, not just importing pictures and modifying names in the EDIT file) and just care about releasing a polished and coherent gameplay with proper physics and lighting: I'm actually sure that PES will instantly enjoy a second youth.

Back
Top Bottom