PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

At present there is a 95% chance that the BBVA League for PES 2017 is lost, but keep the players from each team for the FIFPro license

We'll have some but not all of the BBVA

I told you, Konami lost the Liga and now EA has

"FIFA 17 will be the only officially licensed game of La Liga."

I told you, Konami lost the Liga and now EA has

"FIFA 17 will be the only officially licensed game of La Liga."

That only means that Konami really need to build a good option file tool that allows players to easily share contents

well, EA's trying to monopolies soccer/football.

BPL, Bundesliga, La Liga.

next Serie A?

buy up the market and quit developing, like in madden football, sounds like EA alright...

that's why i say, brilliant move for konami is, let all licensing go except UEFA, make it exclusive fully licensed all stadiums and teams everything....

Call it PES UEFA 2018!

they would only have one but the biggest license.

Last edited:
EA have always monopolized the football game industry, so it's important for PES to nail the gameplay. Loosing another big license only proves that they rely on the community, and the last three years the community is getting weaker.

I got really hyped when EA released their first teaser trailer about forsbite, but after they released another two trailers it seems that they have not done much with frosbite. I'm really putting my hopes on PES 2017.

Last edited:
To be honest konami is using there fans for there greed, don't care what anyone says, there using people to make option files, while we pay top dollar for an incomplete game, there people that get paid should create the option file and put it out for us to use, once OFs are enabled on consoles,unless of course konami are looking after those creators than that's fair enough.

I already said in a thread that pes 2017 should be a tweaked pes 2014, same level of technical ability but with better final third options. A dream come true to every football gamer.
I remember i used to play 2014 with jenkey gameplay patch, and for me i remember i enjoyed it back then, especially those animations on the player movement. It was fantastic to me.

Exactly what I think. Pes2014, although having limited variation of animations, had the most realistic trapping, running and general movement animation of the entire series, not to mention the most realistic ball physics. Although I think the smooth animations (number of animations in a single move) ultimately led to poor response, I think improved programming (building on what they already knew) + the better processing power of ps4 would have sorted these issues out. For me, id love if they still had the pes14 idea in the bag... waiting for the resources/processing power etc to go back that way. Pes 15 was a step back, particularly ball physics wise, and then pes16 was a step back animation wise and just generally how the players move..

Do yourself a favour.. go to 'free training mode' in pes16 for 5 or so mins, kicking the ball around, crossing, shooting etc, then go to pes 15. And then go to pes 14... holy shit.. done this over the last few days, and without doubt the actual feeling of running and kicking the soccer ball around, and shooting feels so much more realistic in pes 14. The actual sound and pace of the ball when struck in pes14 actually feels sim like... Pes 15 feels worse, and in fact feels like you are kicking a giant rock around the bends... the sound of the kick adds to this. But, movement wise pes15 is so much better than pes16... so essentially its gotten worse. Pes16 seems to have lost animations in turns and general movement - almost like a shortcut to improve response in the expense of making the game look like crap animation wise. Even the dribbling movement is worse than pes15, ie. the straight run with the ball. That recycled animation which doesn't loop properly..

Anyways, to pes17. When they say increased animations.. jeez I hope they don't just mean animation variation.. hope it means filling in the gaps with added animations for movement, dribbling and turning etc. But before even that, they need to make the players run more upright, not so hunched, and (someone mentioned this before), without the huge shorts which seemed to have gotten bigger from pes15 to pes16, which I think has added to the hunch (knees to close to chest) animations. Finally I hope the sprinting looks like sprinting.. ie. fast feet on ground contact... ala ps2 days, when sprinting looked like sprinting...

Exactly what I think. Pes2014, although having limited variation of animations, had the most realistic trapping, running and general movement animation of the entire series, not to mention the most realistic ball physics. Although I think the smooth animations (number of animations in a single move) ultimately led to poor response, I think improved programming (building on what they already knew) + the better processing power of ps4 would have sorted these issues out. For me, id love if they still had the pes14 idea in the bag... waiting for the resources/processing power etc to go back that way. Pes 15 was a step back, particularly ball physics wise, and then pes16 was a step back animation wise and just generally how the players move..

Do yourself a favour.. go to 'free training mode' in pes16 for 5 or so mins, kicking the ball around, crossing, shooting etc, then go to pes 15. And then go to pes 14... holy shit.. done this over the last few days, and without doubt the actual feeling of running and kicking the soccer ball around, and shooting feels so much more realistic in pes 14. The actual sound and pace of the ball when struck in pes14 actually feels sim like... Pes 15 feels worse, and in fact feels like you are kicking a giant rock around the bends... the sound of the kick adds to this. But, movement wise pes15 is so much better than pes16... so essentially its gotten worse. Pes16 seems to have lost animations in turns and general movement - almost like a shortcut to improve response in the expense of making the game look like crap animation wise. Even the dribbling movement is worse than pes15, ie. the straight run with the ball. That recycled animation which doesn't loop properly..

Anyways, to pes17. When they say increased animations.. jeez I hope they don't just mean animation variation.. hope it means filling in the gaps with added animations for movement, dribbling and turning etc. But before even that, they need to make the players run more upright, not so hunched, and (someone mentioned this before), without the huge shorts which seemed to have gotten bigger from pes15 to pes16, which I think has added to the hunch (knees to close to chest) animations. Finally I hope the sprinting looks like sprinting.. ie. fast feet on ground contact... ala ps2 days, when sprinting looked like sprinting...

agree here sprinting needs to look like sprinting

Meh I need to see some videos.

BTW guys how is EA having La liga license a surprise? I don't think it means we won't have La Liga at all its just logos competition name format cup names stadia etc.

The Spanish league would still be there. Also Konami dont have the license because EA paid more for it. Is using the community to make your game authentic an act of greed? Nobody is forcing anyone to buy or do.

Come on now be sensible.

BTW guys how is EA having La liga license a surprise? I don't think it means we won't have La Liga at all its just logos competition name format cup names stadia etc.

The Spanish league would still be there. Also Konami dont have the license because EA paid more for it. Is using the community to make your game authentic an act of greed? Nobody is forcing anyone to buy or do.

Come on now be sensible.

good point there.

Come on now be sensible.

But if your paying full price where u have to modify tactics, names, modifying to correct team plans, is that fair for us consumers, if the game was half price I wouldn't complain.

I forgot that !!
what a great level of animations in PES 2014 !!! almost no skating ...
natural movements ... great connection between two animations (compared with PES 2016)
why them ruined it instead of only develop it ?!!! :CONFUSE:

true, much better animations then pes 2015 and 2016.

But if your paying full price where u have to modify tactics, names, modifying to correct team plans, is that fair for us consumers, if the game was half price I wouldn't complain.

You don't have to do anything. Nobody is forcing you to buy it so if you not happy to buy it don't and let konami know that they lost a customer because they charging full price for an unlicensed game.

The completely wrong thing to do would be to pirate :PIRATE: it instead. I never fell for that excuse from people with regards to piracy.

Why would that even matter, the price won't change because PES and games generally don't use licenses to justify it, there are many other elements that are far more important. In my opinion gameplay and game modes are far more important than some license issue that can be resolved, taking by that PES has licenses that FIFA doesn't have, you know.

You don't have to do anything. Nobody is forcing you to buy it so if you not happy to buy it don't and let konami know that they lost a customer because they charging full price for an unlicensed game.

That is a rather weak argument.
I still like PES, but i don't have the time to do all the kits (nor the ability to be honest).

IMO this is a blow...

Now Konami could soften that blow by acquiring licenses for lesser leagues.
I would like licensed South-American leagues, but last year Konami have taken a step back there too.

Another alternative could be lesser European leagues: Belgium (no surprise there from me) but also Russian, Greek, Turkish, Scandinavian, Portugal,...somebody who really likes football doenst mind playing with lesser teams...

Last edited:
Adam has hinted that option files will be more detailed this year (according to one of the previews I've read via this thread). Sounds like they saw this coming...

If the option file sharing is as simple as a centralised option file sharing centre (within the game), then licenses truly don't matter, with the community that PES has.

The (imported) kits looked far better in PES last year, and the faces are always spot-on. As long as the option files are (a lot) easier to deal with, and they don't fuck it up (Konami style) with needless filesize and/or slot restrictions, then who cares - although it's a big "if", of course (and with Konami being involved, it's a supersized, towering, gigantic, humongous, stonking great "if").

Guys, we played PES before without licenses and nobody cared about that.
They say that FIFA is mostly the same product like the last year (and previous years) so thats good enough for you, same thing with better faces and has licenses?
PES is not perfect, but for me still a better product.
Hoping that they will make it better this year and with NG version for PC, because that downgraded version decision is really retarded.

The option files need to be like they were on 360 and PS3.
Took 5 minutes.
This years took way too long. I got bored halfway through and stopped.

The option files need to be like they were on 360 and PS3.
Took 5 minutes.
This years took way too long. I got bored halfway through and stopped.

Agreed. I didn't make a single Bundesliga team after Dortmund because it took so long.

BTW if it means the league is not licenced that simply could be that the competitions name from the country will be fake, the teams and players can be licenced tho.

If they are not too, well importing kits and enter a teamname nowdays is 4secs.

It sounds like you're complaining that modders - the guys who spend 100's of hours on these option files and provide their files to the community for free - took too long and didn't provide you with an option file fast enough, and so you got bored. Did you really just say that?

It's not their fault. They were let down by either Konami, Sony or Microsoft. (Or all 3) But it was just to long process for the casual gamer.
Adam said option files were back....but they weren't.

If they are not too, well importing kits and enter a teamname nowdays is 4secs.
Not true (on console at least, and definitely not on the Xbox).

Licenses are no big deal - we're all supposed to play PES for the gameplay anyway - but if the option file system is a lot easier to manage (i.e. option file sharing is back and is a single file, not 100s of kit files and God knows how many database files), it'll be a godsend.

Why would that even matter, the price won't change because PES and games generally don't use licenses to justify it, there are many other elements that are far more important. In my opinion gameplay and game modes are far more important than some license issue that can be resolved, taking by that PES has licenses that FIFA doesn't have, you know.

i wasnt just referring to licenses, there are other areas of the game where konami are bloody lazy especially when it comes to tactics, formations and starting lineups for teams, its fair enough if u dont mind playing against sides with the same formations and tactics, i guess iv come to the point where i had really high hopes for pes and getting to the point where im tired of being let down and as you stated for gameplay seriously for the past 8 years there is no gameplay, its hollow, konami sugar coat those problems by saying look at the animations, player id etc, when it comes to the inner depth of the game there is nothing there, they've also taken out really good modes out in the past like community mode, where i believe they couldve taken it to another level, where people can create leagues online and then use there myclub teams to play each other but instead took it out and now they say we listened to the fans will bring it back in, ah well will wait and see what pes17 has in store for us.

Last edited:
It's not their fault. They were let down by either Konami, Sony or Microsoft. (Or all 3) But it was just to long process for the casual gamer.
Adam said portion files were back....but they weren't.
I deleted my comment because I mis-read what you meant. Sounds like you meant it takes too long to make your own edits using the in-game editor.

The completely wrong thing to do would be to pirate :PIRATE: it instead. I never fell for that excuse from people with regards to piracy.

your right zee, no one is forcing me to buy this game, i guess i had high hopes for pes but continuously feel disappointed, i guess il wait and see what pes17 has to offer.

Back
Top Bottom