PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

How they want compete without licenses? Gampeplay? Yes but it's not enought in these days.....:FAIL: They lost everything: licenses, Stadia, leagues.......They want make something in Europe? Good luck Konami:BYE:

licences mean nothing, it was already proven back in the days when they outsold FIFA

Bullshit. Sorry. The time was changed. Today package is important. Gameplay is one of it. Years ago Pes had licenses. Afters 8 years they lost most of them. Stadia, leagues etc. I understand they don't have premier league and Bundesliga but in this moment they lost Laliga. Evrything they lost. Where is european stadia? Where? Where is Webmley? Portugal stadia? Olimpia stadium? Camp Nou? more???? Ok Santiego Bernabeu? Old trafford the will lose too? What you think? How much more they will lose? Its terrible......Where is good edit mode? Where? :TTTH: They want compete in Europe?:SHOCK::SHOCK::SHOCK: Ok make very good gameplay with 10 fake stadia and 80% fake teams. Good luck :)

Last edited:
it changed when they forgot to care about gameplay and tried to compete with licences. i was so glad to see that kit-importer tool last year it was so PES and the community (PESWORLD) is gladly to help Konami as u can see, they should use "us" more (eg doing the same with adboards, balls, boots, faces for every platform ;) )

Licenses are extremely important right now.

I can give you an example:

KONAMI released the Uefa Euro 2016 game that is pratically Pes 2016 with a new cover, a lick of paint and few more licensed international euro teams.

Well, during the last month it sold quite well in UK, and today's UK charts showed that sales even improved and it's in the top 10, sold more than Fifa too.

That's because Euro competition started. So, it's extremely important to have licenses tied to a competition. With Pes being locked with OF sharing the loss of La liga license will be a great blow to Pes sales, no doubt.

If they found a way to share OFs or drastically improve editing of unlicensed teams, it's all good though.

I always get a laugh at this annual licensing complaint. Every year the PES modding community provides all the teams, kits, faces and 40+ stadiums anyone will ever need. End of story, now go enjoy the game lol.

it changed when they forgot to care about gameplay and tried to compete with licences. i was so glad to see that kit-importer tool last year it was so PES and the community (PESWORLD) is gladly to help Konami as u can see, they should use "us" more (eg doing the same with adboards, balls, boots, faces for every platform ;) )

Edit mode don't make everything. This tool should help to make more licenses but company like KONAMI should invest too. Superb game with fake teams, leagues and stadia? only edit mode make it? are u crazy? Don't look for this problem only for hardcore gamers. Do You think hardcore gamers buy Fifa? 15 mln hardocre gamers bought it? No. 80% casuals, 20% hardcore.

thats two different story imo. EURO lasts one month, even those might buy it for 20 bucks who dont even play soccer and they dont even realize the out dated squads in there

a Champions League licence would be a bigger loss i admit that but i doubt if a hard core gamer would give a crap about a La Liga badge as he can import that in no time also the casual player (who bought the EURO game) wont look for the La Liga badge on the cover and decide based on that

but maybe its just me. i just want a decent game after 9 years or so...oh fuck 9 yrs have passed

I always get a laugh at this annual licensing complaint. Every year the PES modding community provides all the teams, kits, faces and 40+ stadiums anyone will ever need. End of story, now go enjoy the game lol.

Yea you laught and Pes sold 1,5 mln copies but Fifa 15 mln. I laught too :BRMM: Who have money to invest? For two years Fifa will have exclusive Champions leauges XD

Last edited:
i also bought FIFA instead of PES... because of the gameplay...well the vanilla gameplay at least and they even managed to screw that up too. have to be more aware of EA patches next time

anyway my closing argument about licences: FUCK LICENCES, spend money and time on gameplay elements!

:D

Serie A is not licensed in PES, but they've got a partnership with every teams (except Sassuolo)

Appart from French Ligue 1/2, La Liga + Adelante and Eredivisie, they always work like this for all others teams with reals kits.
For example Chilean league is not licenced (no league logo or official ball), but every teams got they're true kits/logos.

Partnership team by team is what they do since a long time. But EA makes "exclusivity" contract when they takes licences...
That's different, and mean to destroy all competitors soccer games, only PES survives but nobody wants to create a new "serious" football game now (not like Kick Off revival shit or whatever else)

anyway my closing argument about licences: FUCK LICENCES, spend money and time on gameplay elements!

Don't fuck licences dude it's not a bad thing... But fuck exclusivity fucking signing contract

Last edited:
I don't think so it will be like Seria A. It will be like Premiere League. Real players names and fakes logos,teams and kits

I don't think neither, i just mentionned it, how they takes "licences" is like Adam said, with a partnership between Konami and Clubs/NT Teams.

What's annoy me the most is for the stadiums, we lost so many since PES 2013 and with Fox Engine it seems very hard to make a Stadium Editor/Creator

Perhaps licenses are not important to (some of) us, the freaks. But wee are perhaps 1 percent of the people who buy PES.
What do you think will happen if only the people who coe regularly to forums like this, would be the only one who would buy PES? It would be the last PES edition, that is pretty sure...

So licenses are important...

Why do you think the ywere so happy to have Neymar as a cover star? i prefer players like Mordic or De Bruyne, but would they sell copies like Neymar? No, not at all...

95% of the customers are more casual gamers...

they just cant compete FIFA with licences simple as that anyways. PES with the generic gameplay and with losing licences if they indeed go down on this route for casual players, its just the matter of time they walk in a nice big trap, EA will outbid Konami. dont even understand who the F would think this was a good idea on Konamis end

so i hope the gameplay is more sim after all, lets wait

Perhaps licenses are not important to (some of) us...
95% of the customers are more casual gamers...
Using the available mods and option files, I play PES 2016 with all proper leagues, all proper teams, all proper kits, and 40 stadiums. In other words, my version of PES 2016 is as fully licensed as FIFA 16. That's my reality. If the other "95%" of PES gamers want a licensed version of PES, it's readily available, all they have to do is download and install the files.

Using the available mods and option files, I play PES 2016 with all proper leagues, all proper teams, all proper kits, and 40 stadiums. In other words, my version of PES 2016 is as fully licensed as FIFA 16. That's my reality. If the other "95%" of PES gamers want a licensed version of PES, it's readily available, all they have to do is download and install the files.

The fact is many casual gamers don't know about modding, they are used to plug and play. You get many comments on youtube video saying that they would prefer buying pes over fifa if only they had the licenses.

The fact is many casual gamers don't know about modding, they are used to plug and play. You get many comments on youtube video saying that they would prefer buying pes over fifa if only they had the licenses.
Not true at all.
I don't know PES player that doesn't know about know that there are fully licensed patches.

Not true at all.
I don't know PES player that doesn't know about know that there are fully licensed patches.

That is actually the case. When talking about casual gamers I'm not referring to people you know. Even PS4 owners that just tried PES 2016 don't know how or where to get the license kits for premier league teams, If you follow pes youtubers you'll see these types of comments all year.

FFS you play a version that is not yet NEXT-GEN, PC players are a minority this days in PES unfortunately.

What about PS4 and XONE, you don´t have stadiums, and you can only do so much in XONE, the PS4 its the only one that give some maneuver to edit something.

I don´t care about licenses, i never cared since iss pro 98, when i turned all my friends from fifa to PES, they don´t even knew that game existed. But back then in PS1 and PS2 games the CORE GAMEPLAY and the FUNDAMENTALS where the best in the industry, and thats the oly reason why Konami could compete with FIFA back then, and yet FIFA with that shytty gameplay still managed to out-sale PES.

Nowadays with PES in the condition it is, and without the CORE game-play being 2/10 of what it was back then, and having the FUNDAMENTALS broken, such as shooting passing keepers, and losing licenses every year, and keep compacting the full package even more ( removing stadiums, modes, features etc), its going to be more difficult to get back to what it was in PS1 and PS2 era.

And yet they keep bragging on tweeter about the great 100´s reviews it gets saying its excellent ( last year they were too ), yet we community guys that post in forums know how the real state of the game is ( talking about PES 2016).

Last edited:
With FIFA basically going all 12 year old boy with itself this year, I'd love to give PES a try for the first time since 2014...but only on PC. Who knows if Konami will realise there are actually a lot of gamers like me.

I couldn't give a Friar Tuck about licenses and never have. Real top-level football is dominated by overpaid, social media-dependant, cheating shithounds. Not really wanting to spend my time editing these idiots to be authentic any more. However, I like to edit everything to within an inch of its life before playing a deep ML. Take PES 2016 for example. One small session at a time, I've edited almost the entire Championship and PES League into custom made-up teams, with made-up players, renamed as many European leagues & cups as possible. And to this day I've still not indulged in a proper ML, hopefully taking Fallout FC to the top of the AIDS Skrillex Premiership.

If the new game on PS4 doesn't have some sort of option file system using PC link-up then I'm bound to never start a ML on that either. Life has got much busier since I was playing this series in my teenage years, but if the gameplay is good in PES 2017 and an option file system is in, then I'm happy to spend my spare time slowly setting things up how I like it.

Back
Top Bottom