PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

They really do. It makes me wish they had more licenses - I know they're going after licenses for countries where PES sells well, but I've got no interest in non-European football personally, so it makes me sick with jealousy to see how good Brazil looks!

This.

Whenever they announce these SA licenses I think "so what"

Boggles the mind how people can't see the benefit of the acquisition of the Brasilian league along with the Argentinian one in a PES product. Very large markets that span a couple of generations; potential for increased sales meaning more profit; meaning potentially for more funds available to negotiate better deals elsewhere.

Not guaranteed, of course, but you can see exactly why they do it. Brazil and Argentina are hardly small countries or technological backwaters that some Europeans think they are.

Brazil and Argentina are hardly small countries or technological backwaters that some Europeans think they are.

Hope that post isn't aimed at me because if it is, I think you've got the wrong end of the stick... In-fact, this quote is pretty much what I was getting at.

PES sells very well in South America and the more licenses they get there, the better it will sell, the more money Konami will make and - hopefully - more money will get reinvested back into PES.

I said I was jealous, because it looks absolutely amazing with the licenses* - and that I'm personally not interested in South American football so I can't enjoy it. But I appreciate that the guys over there will, obviously, so it's a good thing for the game.

I just hope they have the power to get a few more European leagues on board next year, too. A Scandinavian league, for example. Sales in Europe will start to build a little more if they can do that, and only then can you make a serious bid for the "bigger" leagues - and once you've got one of those, you see that sales graph start to accelerate... Suddenly, they've got a big enough budget that animation niggles and all the small things are a thing of the past.

*I've always said the game doesn't need licenses due to the editing tools and the community, but when you see the licenses in action, in terms of all the little touches - shirt sponsor material having a plastic sheen to it (I doubt the editors will be able to define shirt materials), the proper trophies, the amount of stadia (one of the few non-gameplay things I think is actually important)... Man, I'm glad they've got the Champions League license at least.

Last edited:
Hope that post isn't aimed at me because if it is, I think you've got the wrong end of the stick... In-fact, this quote is pretty much what I was getting at.

PES sells very well in South America and the more licenses they get there, the better it will sell, the more money Konami will make and - hopefully - more money will get reinvested back into PES.

I said I was jealous, because it looks absolutely amazing with the licenses - and that I'm personally not interested in South American football so I can't enjoy it. But I appreciate that the guys over there will, obviously, so it's a good thing for the game.

I just hope they have the power to get a few more European leagues on board next year, too. A Scandinavian league, for example. Sales in Europe will start to build a little more if they can do that, and only then can you make a serious bid for the "bigger" leagues - and once you've got one of those, you see that sales graph start to accelerate...
this year PES will have Cantonese commentary and some of my friends would actually try to play PES.
again i think KONAMI is doing it well to make the game a global one. hopefully it can boost the sales around the world, KONAMI gets strong and so as the game:PRAY:

Lol, Chris. Just spilt my coffee, thanks.

That attempt was amazing - so great to see.

Matt I've been following your posts on WENB and you make great points. . . surely you have let konami know some of the problems that need tweaking. ..or do they bother listening?. . . .it looks like they listened to you about the chaotic movement of the defences before the demo or did I imagine that?

someone posted it on facebook ystd

PeSoccerWorld.com

Buenos días!! Según esta imagen, la Concacaf Champions League estaría en #PES2017 www.PeSoccerWorld.com
14138233_10153930796478123_6576269626968830693_o.jpg

probably CONCACAF champions league as well
and tmr KONAMI should announce the Chilean league with all teams licensed

I said I was jealous, because it looks absolutely amazing with the licenses* - and that I'm personally not interested in South American football so I can't enjoy it. But I appreciate that the guys over there will, obviously, so it's a good thing for the game.

I just hope they have the power to get a few more European leagues on board next year, too. A Scandinavian league, for example. Sales in Europe will start to build a little more if they can do that, and only then can you make a serious bid for the "bigger" leagues - and once you've got one of those, you see that sales graph start to accelerate... Suddenly, they've got a big enough budget that animation niggles and all the small things are a thing of the past.

*I've always said the game doesn't need licenses due to the editing tools and the community, but when you see the licenses in action, in terms of all the little touches - shirt sponsor material having a plastic sheen to it (I doubt the editors will be able to define shirt materials), the proper trophies, the amount of stadia (one of the few non-gameplay things I think is actually important)... Man, I'm glad they've got the Champions League license at least.

It wasn't aimed at anyone, dude. I mean, honestly, if they did get the English Premier League it wouldn't be elated as I don't have a great deal of interest in that league, but would be aware of the benefits, and I know you are aware of the benefits of these South American league acquisitions.

I'm over the moon with all these South American licenses.
I love South American football and imo the game plays better with those teams (might well be placebo).

Don't follow South American football so it's less immersive to play with teams, and players I know nothing about. Hard for me to feel a strong connection while playing. On the flip side, that sort of novelty can be very refreshing. I understand the marketing behind targeting that demographic, of course. The more the merrier in terms of leagues, and stadiums. With that said, it would be nice if they put a bit more effort into creating some generic European style stadia of varying capacities. It would make ML much more interesting.

Got raped 0-5 by Barca as Arsenal just there. Because of PES 2016 I'm happier when I lose :DD Beat them with Boca yesterday which was great though. My win draw loss ratio must be something like 1-9-10

I'm loving the fact that more South American leagues gets licensed.
Just the fact that I'll have pyro in the stands instead of boring PL multi stadiums is enough for me.
And strengthening already strong markets is good business

Don't follow South American football so it's less immersive to play with teams, and players I know nothing about. Hard for me to feel a strong connection while playing. On the flip side, that sort of novelty can be very refreshing. I understand the marketing behind targeting that demographic, of course. The more the merrier in terms of leagues, and stadiums. With that said, it would be nice if they put a bit more effort into creating some generic European style stadia of varying capacities. It would make ML much more interesting.
I'd love to see smaller stadiums.
I'm playing PES 13 on and off,and I'm really enjoying creating stadiums,wasn't great then,but it's cool having small stadiums now

someone posted it on facebook ystd

PeSoccerWorld.com

Buenos días!! Según esta imagen, la Concacaf Champions League estaría en #PES2017 www.PeSoccerWorld.com
14138233_10153930796478123_6576269626968830693_o.jpg

probably CONCACAF champions league as well
and tmr KONAMI should announce the Chilean league with all teams licensed

If it is true I hope they also add it in the Master League and BAL, maybe adding a fake League like the fake asian League. Could be fun to play in Deportivo Saprissa and try to win the Champions League

What is your base camera ? I like to start with pitch side and use:
zoom 2
height 1
angle 7

yours looks really fun, will try tonight

i just pick any camera that has all 3 angles unlocked.
i tried 5 0 10 but couldn't play defense as well and avoid getting the ball picked from me so i zoomed in to 7 0 10 don't worry your passing will improve in time. passing is more realistic this way and i would start at regular difficulty because it's hard. the player midfield battles and player likeness stands out here more and scoring is more enjoyable too.

Last edited:
Matt I've been following your posts on WENB and you make great points. . . surely you have let konami know some of the problems that need tweaking. ..or do they bother listening?. . . .it looks like they listened to you about the chaotic movement of the defences before the demo or did I imagine that?

I know it's turning some heads :) . Hopefully it's enough to change some things. Like I said on WENB, this game is not far off at all.

I'm, at the moment, trying to figure out PES 16's CM mentality of staying a yard, or two, in front of the defensive line.

Ball is deep in the opponent's half...

hFuusd.png

This is after

- Moving DMF past half-field line
- Changing the DMF to AMF
- Selected them to "Join in Attack"
- Changed tactics to Many in Attack
- Changed tactics to Max support

After all that...they stay exactly where they're at. If there are 2 DMF's, they switch roles. One covers, and one attacks.

Midfielder is right in front of the CB's.

MhokV9.png

This has a high chance of carrying over to PES 17, and like I said on WENB - I'd love to see some evidence of a real team, in real life, put their DMF/AMF/CMF this close to the defensive line, when in possession.

I know it's turning some heads :) . Hopefully it's enough to change some things. Like I said on WENB, this game is not far off at all.

I'm, at the moment, trying to figure out PES 16's CM mentality of staying a yard, or two, in front of the defensive line.

Ball is deep in the opponent's half...

hFuusd.png

This is after

- Moving DMF past half-field line
- Changing the DMF to AMF
- Selected them to "Join in Attack"
- Changed tactics to Many in Attack
- Changed tactics to Max support

After all that...they stay exactly where they're at. If there are 2 DMF's, they switch roles. One covers, and one attacks.

Midfielder is right in front of the CB's.

MhokV9.png

This has a high chance of carrying over to PES 17, and like I said on WENB - I'd love to see some evidence of a real team, in real life, put their DMF/AMF/CMF this close to the defensive line, when in possession.

its probably down to their aggression stat, the lower it is the less a player attacks

Is that aka Attacking Prowess?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

is that what konami call it now ? I used to do gameplay files for pes 6 and aggression/attacking prowess were always low with DMs and CBs while fullbacks/wingers were all high aggression

try editing any DM in your game and give him 99 Attacking Prowess, see if his positional sense changes;)

is that what konami call it now ? I used to do gameplay files for pes 6 and aggression/attacking prowess were always low with DMs and CBs while fullbacks/wingers were all high aggression

try editing any DM in your game and give him 99 Attacking Prowess, see if his positional sense changes;)

Yea, I have been working on that quite a bit.

Yes, KONAMI changed Attack/Defense, tenacity, chemistry, teamwork...what else...a couple others. I think this is the source of the issues, some values are lumped into the Prowess values.

Holy shit, only just noticed the 'strip off' celebration and the fact the game will actually award you a yellow card if you use it. Amazing.

Concacaf leagues would be a great addition.

Why did they delete the video with Brazilian teams?
edit: this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Nz-a-R33kI
Unless the problem was that goal from the penalty where the ball goes through the net, it was perfectly fine, and the stadiums are nice.

And they replaced it with this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuHxXcZGfRM

The link to the video they made private/deleted is in related videos of the new trailer.

edit2: someone reuploaded 1st trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHScnXTLzOQ

Last edited:
Concacaf leagues would be a great addition.

Why did they delete the video with Brazilian teams?
edit: this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Nz-a-R33kI
Unless the problem was that goal from the penalty where the ball goes through the net, it was perfectly fine, and the stadiums are nice.

And they replaced it with this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuHxXcZGfRM

The link to the video they made private/deleted is in related videos of the new trailer.

edit2: someone reuploaded 1st trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHScnXTLzOQ

From a trailer perspective, I think the new one is much better. That's just me, though.

Back
Top Bottom