PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

this madness

clipboard011.jpg

btw i tried this year too, its op as hell. its like last year's basic shooting

My mistake, it was Gabe

Someone posted an image a few pages ago that explains it (EDIT: people above beat me to it, apparently it was Lami!) - basically, when you press shoot, your aim is transformed into which part of the net you want to aim for - so instead of just left/centre/right, you have top left/centre/right, middle left/centre/right and bottom left/centre/right.

However, as soon as you press shoot, you then have to input that (the direction you're running is one thing, but as soon as you press shoot, you have to input the direction of your shot). So you're pressing south-west on the stick to run towards the goal, then press shoot, then (if you're wanting to shoot into the top right corner), you're having to immediately press north-east.

It's totally unintuitive and ruins the flow, if I were you I'd steer way clear of it.

I have similar issues with manual passing in terms of the flow - if the AI has the control to hit fast 1-2 passes perfectly, and I can't, I'm at a disadvantage. (Don't get me wrong, if the AI had the same disadvantage, and started misplacing passes, I'd 100% be up for it - seeing as it's almost the same as semi-passing in FIFA, which I love. But there, I can up the AI pass error.)

Someone put up a manual video as Barcelona, and although it was a great video and they played well, their style wasn't Barcelona's. You just can't play that way with manual passing, it's not quick and sharp enough, and that's not the game's fault - you can't get around that with manual passing. It's laboured. It was like watching a team like Everton - and this game is SO GOOD at mastering team and player individuality, I feel like it was made for level 1 assist (with just a little bit more error, and a lot more for the AI).

To me, manual passing is like giving us a "neck stick" and a "forehead stick" for headers, or a "leg stick" for long shots - you're making it more complicated, but not necessarily more realistic. (Crap analogy, but I hope I'm getting my point across...)

Couldnt have put it better myself. :P

Personally i would stick with basic shooting. I played manual last year but this year the variation is great on basic i dont feel the need to change it. Advanced has always been a mess where nearly every shot hits tbe woodwork

Yeah that's what I did right now.
I gave it some more go's with manual passing and basic shooting.
I enjoyed it.

I'd stick with manual. Advanced always felt very counter-intuitive to me. I think Lami put in a picture which "explans" advanced shooting a few pages back in this thread, it doesn't look like something I want to master.

Manual is pretty much like basic, except it's letting you direct the shot more precisely. You'll get it, just like the passing, just by practicing. Just be prepared to shed a tear when you blast a shot wide 6 yards in front of an open goal.

That said, I haven't actually tried manual shooting in 2017 yet, as I'm still quite happy with the basic setting.

Yeah right after my post I remember that pic.
But I don't think advanced shooting is made for me.

@Lami & chiefrocka4real:

its really simple once you know how the system works. to me its more like a wii mechanic. i dont use all that crosshair stuff!
these videos might help:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTlEbJNC2J8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StXmDeZtY9c

Thx man. I'll watch it and maybe it's convincing.

Tried square + triangle for a low shot on basic shooting but as I assumed, it's not in.
One negative thing is - even on manual passing - that often I fully load up the power bar to make a long ground pass to a player on the wing, someone else standing right next to the passer receives it.
I never had that problem in the other game and at least on manual it shouldn't happen.

I'm still amazed by the variation of the AI goals.
Podolski scored a beautiful volley from a cross against me.
Had to watch it several times as it looked so awesome!

Well Im old school WE player so manual passing is not for me. I like the stats. Like the idea that subs will make difference.

This PES its almost the best PES of all. The contact between players, the pace, the AI, the fouls (best part imo) but, shooting its not there yet. Still to straight to the goal, not contextual, and too scripted. I think the power bar must be larger giving more animation variations and must fill much faster. I miss that outside foot tip to the goal like Romario style.

Goalkeepers saves still not quite beliveble for me. Sometimes he have fast reflexes and sometimes he still dives in slow motion.

Anyway, they still not nailed the goalkeepers and shooting. That old scoring feeling is not back yet.

PS: I know that some people are saying that PES players are never happy and stuff, but one thing is complaining about licenses and other thing is complaining about something very very important that is shooting. Thats is one part that PES used to shyne.

Wait a minute - are you trying to say that CPU actually (and finally) doesn't simply try to lob your GK whenever you rush him out with a triangle? With just about any player, no matter how technical or not that player is? That would actually be a pleasant surprise.
For me, if I bring the keeper out with triangle, anywhere past the penalty spot, the CPU player will hammer it in for a goal with 100% accuracy, with no attempt to block it from the GK. It's so far always a direct fast shot, not a chip or lob.

Last edited:
Enjoying it quite a bit at the minute, many of the problems I had with the game in recent years appear to have been sorted, couple negatives for me at the moment are;

1.The stumble and stop after you get tackled like you've ran into a force field
2.While 1090% better, the keepers go back into moving in slow motion when punching from crosses, apart from that they've been pretty good.

I would say I'm enjoying it more than any Pro for years, playing the demo as much as I did the Fifa 16 demo, be interesting to see the full game. Especially how it is on PC. Is there a stadium editor this year?

I saved 2 matches (10 min, professional, PA0, basic shooting, all guides off, rest manual) on my ps4 to showcase my settings. I'll upload them later tonight on yt and link here.
I don't bother my bad play style; I don't bother with the score, I just want to play football! But the videos should look different compared to the fast run and attack gameplay you usually see on yt. Not everyone will like it and sure there will be tactical flaws and stuff but it will showcase...
Later.

Last edited:
Finally after 20 odd games, pass assist 1 and manual shooting, I scored 3 in an easy win!!

Everything came together, just like the old days. I might now put it down until release.

This game is lovely to play. Few gripes but on the whole I'm loving it.
Glenn dude has said there will be option file released on day 1!

I'm absolutely in love with the weight and feel of this game. Doesnt feel floaty whatsoever. Got that little bit of magic feeling which I love. And all my matches are different so that means they must have done something right!!

Brazilian PES 2017 Event Pictures.
Tomorrow I will go to Chilean PES 2017 event, I 'll try to raise some of our "complaints" to Konami staff and take some pics.

14100441_1685266728463938_3022190343485696355_n.jpg

14100309_1685266635130614_4612673933416374951_n.jpg

14199609_1685266908463920_280566221212663257_n.jpg

14117687_1685266945130583_7057503444836090547_n.jpg

14184331_1685266961797248_3062886369236003036_n.jpg

14141662_1685267435130534_687822249574421306_n.jpg

14117687_1685267498463861_7065083916171643147_n.jpg

14079913_1685266425130635_1361392473160530622_n.jpg

14068116_1685266515130626_5940184798582178379_n.jpg

14095755_1685266518463959_4913476130933346144_n.jpg

This could be a problem for assisted settings or people who have mastered manual.

I am annoyed because Adam specifically told me that the game would be challenging for the hardcore fans. Even he plays on professional. He tweeted this to my directly!

Anyway I am not trying to undermine him and hope that the demo is toned down. All I want is better opposition AI it could well and truly make this the best football game made.

I played with PA 1,advanced shooting and advanced through balls.
I will try manual passing for the first step and than manual shooting.

The result is not the main issue, it is easy for me to stop the AI. It would be nice, if this would be harder.

In the end i will play most of the games against humans, so it will be another story.

we7god - those two results, how often did they occur in your 50 matches??

Ok, those results were not in every match, but too offen - at least for my feeling.

As mentioned above, the result is not the main issue.

Try one thing on manual, whether it's through ball, passing, shooting or all three. It will change your whole experience.

Ask Zee

I will give it a go with all passing (incl. through balls) on manual first.
Shooting will be the second step. ;)

But I doubt this will strongly effect defending...

I don't find it difficult to play one two passes on manual to be honest.

Agree. In my opinion short (tap x) passes should be assistance level 1 and longer (hold x button down) passes should be less assisted obviously taking into account what player is making the pass.

Stadia look superb :)
They really do. It makes me wish they had more licenses - I know they're going after licenses for countries where PES sells well, but I've got no interest in non-European football personally, so it makes me sick with jealousy to see how good Brazil looks!

Back
Top Bottom