PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

This could be a problem for assisted settings or people who have mastered manual.

I am annoyed because Adam specifically told me that the game would be challenging for the hardcore fans. Even he plays on professional. He tweeted this to my directly!

Anyway I am not trying to undermine him and hope that the demo is toned down. All I want is better opposition AI it could well and truly make this the best football game made.

Surely if they're selling the game through the demo they couldn't make it too difficult. .the casual gamers would be frightened off. . it could be why they greyed out some of the tactics out as well. . y'know trying to make the demo play a certain way and more fun. . .Hopefully the full game will have more depth and difficulty and also remember that when you play in competitions in Pes it becomes more difficult as opposed to exhibition.

Someone had posted the goal by Iniesta earlier. Perhaps the most mind blowing part is .. the ad-boards :CONFUSE: ... They have their own light which affects objects around them ... no textures but have their own light ..but maybe i'm wrong and this flash lights are.. some camera effects after shot .
865d6701_o.gif

2232f474_o.gif

Last edited:
Someone had posted the goal by Iniesta earlier. Perhaps the most mind blowing part is .. the ad-boards :CONFUSE: ... They have their own light which affects objects around them ... no textures but have their own light ..but maybe i'm wrong and this flash lights are.. some camera effects after shot .
865d6701_o.gif

2232f474_o.gif

can't see Iniesta striking it.

you talking about the lights behind the nets?

Come on guys, since when has exhibition mode represented the challenges *cough* scripting, you face when playing competitive games?

I try not to chase down the ball too much when I lose it and perhaps the AI sees a bit more of the ball and I don't see the same scorelines/issues. I find it hard to believe you're passing the ball around without any pressure on the ball and can walk goals in at will. we7god - those two results, how often did they occur in your 50 matches??

Both. I cant see shooting power difference between players at all. No matter if its 65 or 89. As for accuracy i can hit the target easily with anyone.

Although I agree with you about the shooting accuracy, I disagree about the shooting power.. There is def a difference. Try shooting from 30 meters with, let's say, Sagna, then try the same shot with Pogba, you should see a difference. Same thing with Iniesta and Rakitic.

In one case, the keeper will just pick the ball up due to the lack of power and the other case, he 'll have to parry it.

It's weird it' s like we play on two different demos :-)

Last edited:
Come on guys, since when has exhibition mode represented the challenges *cough* scripting, you face when playing competitive games?

I try not to chase down the ball too much when I lose it and perhaps the AI sees a bit more of the ball and I don't see the same scorelines/issues. I find it hard to believe you're passing the ball around without any pressure on the ball and can walk goals in at will. we7god - those two results, how often did they occur in your 50 matches??

Did the 2016 demo have AI that wouldn't score on higher difficulties and was easy to take the ball off them?

865d6701_o.gif
It's just a video playing on the adboards, and it certainly doesn't affect other objects in terms of lighting.

I've seen CPU sky it horribly. Never seen CPU try a chip shot though

Wait a minute - are you trying to say that CPU actually (and finally) doesn't simply try to lob your GK whenever you rush him out with a triangle? With just about any player, no matter how technical or not that player is? That would actually be a pleasant surprise.

Wait a minute - are you trying to say that CPU actually (and finally) doesn't simply try to lob your GK whenever you rush him out with a triangle? With just about any player, no matter how technical or not that player is? That would actually be a pleasant surprise.

Not even once. I've had CPU on 1 on 1 loads of times.

Finally had some time playing the demo again.

After all your posts about manual playing I set passing assist on zero as well.
I tried that on PES 2016 last year to get more joy out of it but it only helped slightly.
Here though, it adds a lot more to the unpredictibality!
The two main reasons why I can´t go back on PA1 no more are:

- There is a lot more freedom on the ball now.
- Those laser guided passes that always come 100% direct to the players feet are gone. Tbh that really been hurting my eyes in all those gameplay vids.
But with manual passing it looks a lot more natural, as the players have to take steps to get the ball.

I had some decent games but I have to practice a lot more...my aiming is quite crappy.

I´ve been a chicken trying manual shooting so I set it to advanced.
Sry for my dumbness, but what´s the difference between basic and advanced shooting anyway?

It bugs me that I only have time for 2 or 3 matches, cause the PS4 is mainly been used by my junior.
Gonna get this on PC where I can spend some more time on it and can´t wait to start my first ML with a standard team.
Been some years when I did that the last time.

In my personal opinion, when PES got the fox engine, the variation and unpredictibality in gameplay, PES used to have was gone.

With PES 2017 it returned...finally!

7 0 10 camera angle manual passing is the magic formula for me.. You know i think Konami painted a beautiful picture but in order to see it default camera is to far away. You can defend and pass better at 7 0 10 camera...plus you'll enjoy the fighting for the ball more..

Trying to hold the lead...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pcv_SrqfY40

Mine's the same except much higher, 7-10-10 :D

Yours reminds me of Highbury games.

I tried that on PES 2016 last year to get more joy out of it but it only helped slightly.

- Those laser guided passes that always come 100% direct to the players feet are gone. Tbh that really been hurting my eyes in all those gameplay vids.
But with manual passing it looks a lot more natural, as the players have to take steps to get the ball.

I had some decent games but I have to practice a lot more...my aiming is quite crappy.

Sry for my dumbness, but what´s the difference between basic and advanced shooting anyway?

It bugs me that I only have time for 2 or 3 matches, cause the PS4 is mainly been used by my junior.
Gonna get this on PC where I can spend some more time on it and can´t wait to start my first ML with a standard team.

In my personal opinion, when PES got the fox engine, the variation and unpredictibality in gameplay, PES used to have was gone.

Wish I knew. All my shots go over the bar on advanced, even with the slightest touch. I never got that setting.

After having played the demo constantly for the last week I can honestly say that this is the best football game ever made so far.

I also want to address some concerns from users in this forum:

1) CPU shoots from all over the place, including from 35 metres out! Their build up play is very varied as well, they go thorugh the middle, through the wings, etc.
2) CPU misses shots often, even sitters. This is a welcome addition from last year 'one shot, one goal' approach
3) Goalkeepers pull off amazing saves but let in easy goals from time to time, just like real life.
4) Crossing is absolutely superb, the bend on the ball plus the variety in height makes you feel like anything can happen when a cross is whipped in.
5)The lobbed ball animations have been reworked so now players can effectively "ping" the ball just like in FIFA
6) Shooting is varied and depends on stats and body positioning and speed of the ball. I have had some crackers but also some weak shots when the balance is not right, same with passing and clearing.
7) Skill moves are easier to pull off and look incredible when they come off
8) Graphics are the best to grace a football game, period.
9) My gripe from last year still remains that you cannot move the wall left or right in set pieces.
10) I can't believe that people are saying that there are no fouls in this game. I just played an Arsenal v Atletico game in which the ref gave Atletico 4 yellows. Fouls and refereeing are absolutely fine. Ref calls are spot on and so is the advantage rule. Nothing like last year where you could pretty much take a baseball bat and break your opponents legs and the ref would wave play on.
11) Passing is crip and throughballs are not overpowered but based on stats. I pulled off a through pass with Iniesta the other day which was perfectly weighted. Havent been able to replicate with any other player yet.
12) Pass level 1 feels spot on. I had to force myself to play Manual last year cos PA1 was just too assisted. This year it is actually fun to play PA1, it is the right mixture of skill and stats.
13) The first touch is absolutely crucial in this game. You need to know where your player will take a touch before you receive the ball. Once you master this it becomes a game of strategy to not lose the ball.
14) Default speed is too quick for my liking, I play on -1 and -2. Minus 2 feels a little too slow but it is a lot of fun to play still. I think this is a matter of preference.
15) I am worried about the online component. There has been nothing said in the press on improvements to this mode so I expect it'll be a lag fest yet again. Which is a blessing in disguise because if this game had a smooth online experience my wife would probably leave my ass...
16) Replays have been fixed! They don't play in slo mo anymore! The replays are a joy to watch

I just hope to God they change nothing from now until the full release date

After more than 50 matches, i still like the Demo.
The only issue right now is the difficulty when playing against AI.
From my point of view it could be harder.
Beat Barca with Arsenal on Top Player 6:1 and 4:0 an Superstar.

Try one thing on manual, whether it's through ball, passing, shooting or all three. It will change your whole experience.

Ask Zee

Personally i would stick with basic shooting. I played manual last year but this year the variation is great on basic i dont feel the need to change it. Advanced has always been a mess where nearly every shot hits tbe woodwork

I'd stick with manual. Advanced always felt very counter-intuitive to me. I think Lami put in a picture which "explans" advanced shooting a few pages back in this thread, it doesn't look like something I want to master.

Manual is pretty much like basic, except it's letting you direct the shot more precisely. You'll get it, just like the passing, just by practicing. Just be prepared to shed a tear when you blast a shot wide 6 yards in front of an open goal.

That said, I haven't actually tried manual shooting in 2017 yet, as I'm still quite happy with the basic setting.

Last edited:
Someone posted an image a few pages ago that explains it (EDIT: people above beat me to it, apparently it was Lami!) - basically, when you press shoot, your aim is transformed into which part of the net you want to aim for - so instead of just left/centre/right, you have top left/centre/right, middle left/centre/right and bottom left/centre/right.

However, as soon as you press shoot, you then have to input that (the direction you're running is one thing, but as soon as you press shoot, you have to input the direction of your shot). So you're pressing south-west on the stick to run towards the goal, then press shoot, then (if you're wanting to shoot into the top right corner), you're having to immediately press north-east.

It's totally unintuitive and ruins the flow, if I were you I'd steer way clear of it.

I have similar issues with manual passing in terms of the flow - if the AI has the control to hit fast 1-2 passes perfectly, and I can't, I'm at a disadvantage. (Don't get me wrong, if the AI had the same disadvantage, and started misplacing passes, I'd 100% be up for it - seeing as it's almost the same as semi-passing in FIFA, which I love. But there, I can up the AI pass error.)

Someone put up a manual video as Barcelona, and although it was a great video and they played well, their style wasn't Barcelona's. You just can't play that way with manual passing, it's not quick and sharp enough, and that's not the game's fault - you can't get around that with manual passing. It's laboured. It was like watching a team like Everton - and this game is SO GOOD at mastering team and player individuality, I feel like it was made for level 1 assist (with just a little bit more error, and a lot more for the AI).

To me, manual passing is like giving us a "neck stick" and a "forehead stick" for headers, or a "leg stick" for long shots - you're making it more complicated, but not necessarily more realistic. (Crap analogy, but I hope I'm getting my point across...)

Last edited:
If someone finds a way to decrypt Option files from ps4... that will open endless possibilities to create teams, editing players and their abilities. the game can become even better. I remember pes 2011 have global stats editor and lowering player abilities makes the game joy to play. with this gameplay maybe minor adjustments should be made and we will have best footy game ever :)

7 0 10 camera angle manual passing is the magic formula for me.. You know i think Konami painted a beautiful picture but in order to see it default camera is to far away. You can defend and pass better at 7 0 10 camera...plus you'll enjoy the fighting for the ball more..

Trying to hold the lead...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pcv_SrqfY40

What is your base camera ? I like to start with pitch side and use:
zoom 2
height 1
angle 7

yours looks really fun, will try tonight

I'd stick with manual. Advanced always felt very counter-intuitive to me. I think Lami put in a picture which "explans" advanced shooting a few pages back in this thread, it doesn't look like something I want to master.

Manual is pretty much like basic, except it's letting you direct the shot more precisely. You'll get it, just like the passing, just by practicing. Just be prepared to shed a tear when you blast a shot wide 6 yards in front of an open goal.

That said, I haven't actually tried manual shooting in 2017 yet, as I'm still quite happy with the basic setting.

Someone posted an image a few pages ago that explains it (EDIT: people above beat me to it, apparently it was Lami!) - basically, when you press shoot, your aim is transformed into which part of the net you want to aim for - so instead of just left/centre/right, you have top left/centre/right, middle left/centre/right and bottom left/centre/right.

However, as soon as you press shoot, you then have to input that (the direction you're running is one thing, but as soon as you press shoot, you have to input the direction of your shot). So you're pressing south-west on the stick to run towards the goal, then press shoot, then (if you're wanting to shoot into the top right corner), you're having to immediately press north-east.

It's totally unintuitive and ruins the flow, if I were you I'd steer way clear of it.

I have similar issues with manual passing in terms of the flow - if the AI has the control to hit fast 1-2 passes perfectly, and I can't, I'm at a disadvantage. (Don't get me wrong, if the AI had the same disadvantage, and started misplacing passes, I'd 100% be up for it - seeing as it's almost the same as semi-passing in FIFA, which I love. But there, I can up the AI pass error.)

Someone put up a manual video as Barcelona, and although it was a great video and they played well, their style wasn't Barcelona's. You just can't play that way with manual passing, it's not quick and sharp enough, and that's not the game's fault - you can't get around that with manual passing. It's laboured. It was like watching a team like Everton - and this game is SO GOOD at mastering team and player individuality, I feel like it was made for level 1 assist (with just a little bit more error, and a lot more for the AI).

To me, manual passing is like giving us a "neck stick" and a "forehead stick" for headers, or a "leg stick" for long shots - you're making it more complicated, but not necessarily more realistic. (Crap analogy, but I hope I'm getting my point across...)

200w.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom