PES 2017 - PC Version Discussion Thread

how do you know? After many opinions that i have read i really want to buy pes over fifa this year. I do not wanna make a preorder need to see some vids or reviews. I cant stand how players move in fifa, weightless cartonlike, turnings in nanosecond. Looks like 16 after patches

Last edited:
Those are only the licensed stadiums (minus 2 more coming in first data pack). It doesn't say specifically that PC gets less stadiums. Also, there were plenty of screenshots posted in main 2017 thread, from recent PES event in Argentina, where all the stadiums have been listed - 30-ish, together with unlicensed stadiums.

How does that correlate to your assumption?

Those are only the licensed stadiums (minus 2 more coming in first data pack). It doesn't say specifically that PC gets less stadiums. Also, there were plenty of screenshots posted in main 2017 thread, from recent PES event in Argentina, where all the stadiums have been listed - 30-ish, together with unlicensed stadiums.

How does that correlate to your assumption?
"The stadiums within the game varies by console. The other stadiums will be updated accordingly from the end of August."
The list doesnt include the generic stadiums. So assuming we will be getting some generic stadiums and also not all the official stadiums that clearly made for next gen versions, plus the fact that last year we didnt get the brazilian stadiums, that is how i came up with that assumption

"varies by console"

PC is not a console for me.
Plus, didn´t Adam say that content, gameplay and modes will be the same and only visuals are different?

He also said these things on twitter:
"its my desire to work on PC next year. It's a big conversation, but my team is already resource limited."
"I'm planning to work on PC next year. Early talks going on."

Well hopefully he´ll be successful and they don´t fuck up the gameplay for 2018.

Adam said in an interview with a big German gaming site that the content for PC and PS4 will be the same, only the graphics will be downgraded.

He also mentioned that the PS3 version will have less stadiums.

At minute 55:14!

Adam said in an interview with a big German gaming site that the content for PC and PS4 will be the same, only the graphics will be downgraded.

He also mentioned that the PS3 version will have less stadiums.

At minute 55:14!

Thx, yes now I remember.

"The future is extremely bright for PC fans"
Hopefully, Adam...hopefully.

He also said these things on twitter:
"its my desire to work on PC next year. It's a big conversation, but my team is already resource limited."
"I'm planning to work on PC next year. Early talks going on."

Is that meant to fill people with confidence? You don't get a downgraded PC version due to resource limitations, the only way the PC version of a game looks worse than the console version of a game is because you deliberately make it so during the development process, same as the only reason you download a console version of a game versus PC is because of the technical limitations of obsolete/underpowered hardware contained in the PS4/Xbone.

PC version of PES is worse than the PS4 version because that's what they want, it's not due to who's working on the team, it's not due to "limited resources" that's utter nonsense.

Is that meant to fill people with confidence? You don't get a downgraded PC version due to resource limitations, the only way the PC version of a game looks worse than the console version of a game is because you deliberately make it so during the development process, same as the only reason you download a console version of a game versus PC is because of the technical limitations of obsolete/underpowered hardware contained in the PS4/Xbone.

PC version of PES is worse than the PS4 version because that's what they want, it's not due to who's working on the team, it's not due to "limited resources" that's utter nonsense.

No it´s not...I was just quoting, nothing more.
In fact, I also think there is a specific reason behind it.

I've preordered too, really loved the demo on PS4 (Slight risk I know but confident the gameplay will be pretty much the same). First time I've really enjoyed playing PES in 10 years, which is crazy but oh well. :)

Have seen that Jenky is returning for PES 2017 so who knows, maybe a kitserver. :D

PC version will have less content also
it won't have Neymar celebration and camp nou exterior view
I'm sure it will have less stadiums than PS4 ( Maracana , Arena Corinthians , Olimpico , Mineirão )

PC version will have less content also
it won't have Neymar celebration and camp nou exterior view
I'm sure it will have less stadiums than PS4 ( Maracana , Arena Corinthians , Olimpico , Mineirão )

PC version (probably) won't have:
- players breath
- turf/grass in replays
- water splashes
- crowds like PS4 (PC crowds are better than PS3 crowds)
- grass splashes
- night/day/tunnel real lighting
- blur during replays
- Neymar celebration
- exterior stadium view
- animated (movie) adboards

That're all visual things!

We'll see if all stadiums will be included, but I think so.

Wondering when well get some vids from full ver. Pc or PS4.. When to expect some reviews is there any embargo?

I'm pretty sure you'll be able to buy boxed version, but it is nevertheless going to be Steam version. It's been like that since 2015.

PC version (probably) won't have:
- players breath
- turf/grass in replays
- water splashes
- crowds like PS4 (PC crowds are better than PS3 crowds)
- grass splashes
- night/day/tunnel real lighting
- blur during replays
- Neymar celebration
- exterior stadium view
- animated (movie) adboards

That're all visual things!

We'll see if all stadiums will be included, but I think so.
deep down i cant quite fathom why they couldnt at the very least include these options via the settings menu. given that pc masterrace has enough horsepower to easily run these effects. in the past, the pes settings menu had: low, medium, high. there definitely needs to be an ultra there

deep down i cant quite fathom why they couldnt at the very least include these options via the settings menu. given that pc masterrace has enough horsepower to easily run these effects. in the past, the pes settings menu had: low, medium, high. there definitely needs to be an ultra there

Probably they have got a contract with Sony that the PS4 version has to be the best version.
Otherwise I really don't know, why the should do this. :(

But at least, PES 2017 PC version will be better than PES 2016 PC version. ;)

Probably they have got a contract with Sony that the PS4 version has to be the best version.

just checked back on the steam reviews of pes 2016. pretty much all the reviews were disgruntled fans complaining about ps3 port. konami definitely didnt read into the steam reviews

I hope so. Since I really like the demo (on PS4) I´m thinking of pre ordering too.
Seen a deal for 26.39 € on cdkeys.com

I do think that's pretty much the only reason behind making the PS4 version the best one, i.e. so it can draw more console sales. On the other hand, MGS V could be considered another 'console seller' and, despite being also a Konami product, the PC version seems to be better than PS4/XB1. :?

I've also pre-ordered a physical copy at Amazon, but as @zlac said, in the end its only purpose is to make the initial installation that has to be activated through Steam. Looking forward to PC patches!

Any news about PC edit mode? Will it allow for kit importing as PS4 or still limited as PES 2016?

No , it won't be better than PES 2016
can you tell me what's new in PES 17 PC version ?
the only difference is gameplay but the graphic 'maybe' will be worse than PES 16
Steam system requirements is less than PES 16

Any news about PC edit mode? Will it allow for kit importing as PS4 or still limited as PES 2016?

No, the Kit & stadium picture import feature is only for PS4, but all other things are also in the PC edit mode.
Look here: https://www.konami.com/wepes/2017/eu/en/edit/

No , it won't be better than PES 2016
can you tell me what's new in PES 17 PC version ?
the only difference is gameplay but the graphic 'maybe' will be worse than PES 16
Steam system requirements is less than PES 16

Look at the PC trailer! Crowds are better, the graphic in general is slightly better than last year.
You'll see it. ;)

Back
Top Bottom