PES 2017 - PC Version Discussion Thread

I was planning on getting the PS4 version, but I thought about just getting the PC version for the mods and stuff. I was about to ask if the gameplay was different. I dont care much about lighting/crowd/etc. Then I saw the post above with the tweet.

Anyone had experience comparing the 2016 version form pc and consoles. Im not worried about the graphics much, mostly i was worried bc I thought it used an older engine or something. I just need the gameplay

Thanks

I have a feeling the pc version is not even complete yet. Most probably they used the no demo fiasco as an excuse cause the pc version is an after thought. Think about it, the pc version is only distributed via steam and not through physical media, hence those versions with Cd's are most definitely complete by this time and are awaiting shipment. Pc meanwhile is a rush job from Konami or most likely a third party company tasked to port the ps3 version

Height of the PC threads intelligence,someone re-quoting some low level social media insults & thinking its clever.

Even more intelligent someone here re-quotes it again.

We have seen it ALL before.
Dont fill this thread with shite like that.

I mean it.I want to see a constructive thread like the other PES17 discussion thread.

If the PC trailer on steam shows external stadium view "which it clearly does" then surely it's logical to assume that the PC version would have them.

If the PC trailer on steam shows external stadium view "which it clearly does" then surely it's logical to assume that the PC version would have them.
If you take a close look, you can see that on external view the adboards are animated, and these are present ONLY on PS4/XOne version, because PC version have fixed adboards. :(

Pity they couldn't release some gameplay footage of the PC. That would put too bed alot of surmising of what the game will look like and give us a better idea of the finished product. Surely they playtest that and give it to some website's for doing previews. Can any one remember how long before the last release they showed PC gameplay footage? also does anyone think if the special software they are adding this year is a success but game sales were low Konami would release a HD texture pack to drum up some business. I remember some Japanese games companies have done this in the past eg Square Enix sleeping dogs(not saying Square Enix released it for that reason)

Pity they couldn't release some gameplay footage of the PC. That would put too bed alot of surmising of what the game will look like and give us a better idea of the finished product. Surely they playtest that and give it to some website's for doing previews. Can any one remember how long before the last release they showed PC gameplay footage? also does anyone think if the special software they are adding this year is a success but game sales were low Konami would release a HD texture pack to drum up some business. I remember some Japanese games companies have done this in the past eg Square Enix sleeping dogs(not saying Square Enix released it for that reason)
Last game play showing for pc was the trailer, even the trailer seemed like a 1 to 1 copy of the ps4 trailer albeit with reduced gfx. That's why I concluded that the pc version is not yet completed, the video was only to drum up whatever sales they can on steam for pre-order riding on the ps4 hype. If you look carefully, they removed authentic visuals from the steam description page, which is one of the features of the game bases on the product information page.

Last game play showing for pc was the trailer, even the trailer seemed like a 1 to 1 copy of the ps4 trailer albeit with reduced gfx. That's why I concluded that the pc version is not yet completed, the video was only to drum up whatever sales they can on steam for pre-order riding on the ps4 hype. If you look carefully, they removed authentic visuals from the steam description page, which is one of the features of the game bases on the product information page.

At least, they have learned about last year. There they advertised the pc version with ps4 pictures and trailers.

PC will be better. ;)

I hope they will include some graphical effects this time around. If the gameplay is similar I will be happy to buy it, will have to wait until the game drops to find out. September 15th will be steam pes judgement day :FAIL:

As I mentioned before in this topic, Adam Bhatti confirmed that the gameplay on X1/PS4 and the PC port are indeed identical.

So the only difference will be found when it comes to graphical effects (lighting etc.) and off-pitch features like special edit-mode functions.

image.png

I'm only curious whether the gameplay I witnessed playing the X360 Demo is identical to PC/next-gen? Did I see the real deal or not? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
Probably looks a whole lot better in person playing than on some crap Youtube comparison.

Very true.
Afte4 all those rants when you actually play it and maybe tweaked it a bit some might say "it's actually not that bad".
Not trying to play it down though.

To be honest, the crowd on PS4 doesn't look much better than on PC.

How often do I have to tell you!?
Just look at the pc trailer, you will clearly see it's better than the ps3 version, not only because of resolution, also the crowds look way better than ps3 crowds.

PC - PS 4 comparison:
huh? How can they replicate the exact same gameplay on both consoles? not sure if that really is pc footage

I guess these trailers are cinematics created with the Metal Gear Solid 5 tools, so they can simply render them on each platform.

Graphics will be good enough with mods etc., but I'm still concerned about the gameplay on PC. Just like last year, I'm playing the demo on ps3 (really enjyoing it on ps3 btw). And remembering last year, I can tell that although PS3/PC/PS4 gameplay was supposed to be identical, the pc gameplay actually did feel worse since it was a lot less responsive and fluid than the ps3 and ps4 versions. To be honest I'd be surprised if this year's pc gameplay would be on par even with the ps3 gameplay due to the lack of responsiveness.

I had the possibility to compare the PES 2017 demo with PES 2016 PC latest DLC, patch and latest PESGALAXY patch.

First of all, the guys creating that patch are doing a helluva job.
There are turf mods, crowd mods, cam mods and many other visual things that make it look much better than the vanilla version on pc.
They even have a rain mod in it, but it's just visual, the ball physics don't change like it does on PS4.

So visually we don't have to be worried much, even I'd love to have proper gameplay in rain, cold breath, animated adboards and all that.

I'm a bit worried about the core gameplay.
Now I only can compare PES 2017 demo PS4 with PES 2016 PC.
The PS4 version plays a lot more fluid than PES 2016 on PC.
While I play the demo with gamespeed -1, I play PES 2016 PC with default, as -1 on PC makes it too slow for my taste.

Was PES 2016 PS4 also that fluid like the 2017 demo?
Does anyone know?
I hope the PC version of 2017 feels smoother and more fluid than PES 2016 PC.

Btw, cool new forum :)

I had the possibility to compare the PES 2017 demo with PES 2016 PC latest DLC, patch and latest PESGALAXY patch.

First of all, the guys creating that patch are doing a helluva job.
There are turf mods, crowd mods, cam mods and many other visual things that make it look much better than the vanilla version on pc.
They even have a rain mod in it, but it's just visual, the ball physics don't change like it does on PS4.

So visually we don't have to be worried much, even I'd love to have proper gameplay in rain, cold breath, animated adboards and all that.

I'm a bit worried about the core gameplay.
Now I only can compare PES 2017 demo PS4 with PES 2016 PC.
The PS4 version plays a lot more fluid than PES 2016 on PC.
While I play the demo with gamespeed -1, I play PES 2016 PC with default, as -1 on PC makes it too slow for my taste.

Was PES 2016 PS4 also that fluid like the 2017 demo?
Does anyone know?
I hope the PC version of 2017 feels smoother and more fluid than PES 2016 PC.

Btw, cool new forum :)
its difficult enough to compare the game (gameplay wise) between the same game, i think its best too compare based on one game only. p.s I havent gotten the chance to test drive the ps4 version

Just tried the ps4 version demo, damn the game is good this year, breath effects are very visible even in gameplay cam. Crossing and heading are very op this year. My favorite player on the demo is Leroy sane, very smooth dribbler pogba is also a beast. Shame we can't find out the pc version until released, I'm personally not convinced on what Bhatti or official pes says, will wait for the review. Btw should reviews be dropping in next week, there is an embargo for reviews if I'm not mistaken. Playing player vs player is really fun on this edition, ai is difficult to breakdown

Back
Top Bottom