PES 2017 - PC Version Discussion Thread

Played 10 matches PES 2017 Demo on the PS3 Top Player and Superstar. Could not see any difference (gameplay wise) compared to the Xbox One Demo. It looks worse but its so fluid and the animations and Ballphysics are the same i would say. After 3 matches i almost forgot playing it on the old console.
Can't wait to play the 5h17 out of the PC Version `,-|

Can anyone answer this? A twitter friend of mine is from Malaysia, he says the Steam version is not available in his country. If he buys a region free key, will he be able to activate and play it on his steam account on release day?

Even if he buys a non region free version he can use a VPN to activate/play it, he can "make" the version unlocked in his region by editing a certain file and after 2-3 months the region lock should automatically be removed.

Played 10 matches PES 2017 Demo on the PS3 Top Player and Superstar. Could not see any difference (gameplay wise) compared to the Xbox One Demo. It looks worse but its so fluid and the animations and Ballphysics are the same i would say. After 3 matches i almost forgot playing it on the old console.
thank You thats what i wanted to hear

did you try rain matches on ps3?

will take some time, maybe 2 weeks fastest, modders/patchers first have to create the tools then they can only work their magic.
unless of course the tools from pes 2016 are compatible then it will be even faster

True.
But according to the last years it will take a few weeks/months until they have a full 1st and 2nd Bundesliga ready and I don´t wanna start an ML before that.
I guess I´ll kill the time trying myclub then.

Pretty sure there will be a demo post release.

I don´t think so. They clearly said "no demo" and not "no demo before release".

That´s cool.
Dumb question maybe: are replay angles the same as in the PS4 version?
Also the one with the goal camera?

I'll never believe that Pc version of Pes, running on an older engine, could possible have(has? Sorry for poor english) the same number and quality of players animations than Ps4 version.
And that's a deal breaker for me... sadly...

did you try rain matches on ps3?

Not yet. Good point. I will try tonight if the ballphysics change like on PS4 and XB1!
Tried long grass and wet pitch on the Xbox One and the ball stops traveling quicker after rolling.
Will check if its the same on the PS3

That´s cool.
Dumb question maybe: are replay angles the same as in the PS4 version?
Also the one with the goal camera?

I think they are the same. Definitley saw the goal cam on the PS3!
I remember exactly because the detail of the crossbar where the net is attached is the same like on Xbox One.

I'll never believe that Pc version of Pes, running on an older engine, could possible have(has? Sorry for poor english) the same number and quality of players animations than Ps4 version.

the "new engine" is only for the graphics. The animations on PS3 are the same!

Not yet. Good point. I will try tonight if the ballphysics change like on PS4 and XB1!
Tried long grass and wet pitch on the Xbox One and the ball stops traveling quicker after rolling.
Will check if its the same on the PS3

I think they are the same. Definitley saw the goal cam on the PS3!
I remember exactly because the detail of the crossbar where the net is attached is the same like on Xbox One.
would be great if you could upload here. been trying to find on youtube some rain matches from last gen but couldnt find any. want to see if they included any graphical effects, like the rain puddles and what not

Replays also seem the same.
The ones of PES 2016 really put me off as it´s the same ugly close angle over and over again.

But here it´s a joy watching them again!

There is no "new vs old" engine, all PES versions are using the Fox Engine since PES 2014.

Graphic differences on the "next gen" versions are because enhanced/higher quality features have been enabled. Features/enhancements which are not present on the other versions. For example on the video above you can see that the replays on the PS3 version do not have any "motion blur" and "depth of field" effects like on PS4.
I think its safe to assume that it will be the same on the PC version, not because it was technically impossible to do but because a choice was made by the PES team not to spend time/effort coding these features on the non-"next gen" versions (or at least PC version, as you could argue that it would be too demanding for a PS3).

From a development perspective it's an efficient way (don't get me wrong I don't mean it's the right way for us, users) to make a game on one engine and then scale the implementation differently depending on the platform you're targeting (or focusing on, i.e. PS4).

Last edited:

Completely agree with you, the problem is I'd still bet 10 bucks that the pc version won't be even half as fluid/responsive as the ps3 version. But yeah, we'll probably know next week.

Boys, the game is just downgraded visually.

PES 2016 had a really decent LOD compared to both PS4 and XBONE, but everything else like shaders and textures was crap. The gameplay this year is decent enough, so that we won't be bothered that much by the graphics.

The only noticeable "gameplay" difference might come from Vsync and it's known latency problems. Vsync can be disabled with ease, so don't worry about the gameplay, it will be the same as on PS4.

Unfortunately there are no splashes and no cold breath in the PS3 Version.
Neither in the gameplay nor in the replays.
Will upload videos later.
Neverless everything else is like on newer consoles.
Goaltender remains lying on the floor. Player gesturing and beat the hands over the head together after missing closely etc.

Unfortunately there are no splashes and no cold breath in the PS3 Version.
Neither in the gameplay nor in the replays.
Will upload videos later.
Neverless everything else is like on newer consoles.
Goaltender remains lying on the floor. Player gesturing and beat the hands over the head together after missing closely etc.
oh well, at least gameplay seems fluid, funny how the ps3 struggles with cutscenes, cause i tried the ps4 demo and cutscenes were also choppy at times. not sure by intention or poor optimisation

Boys, the game is just downgraded visually.

PES 2016 had a really decent LOD compared to both PS4 and XBONE, but everything else like shaders and textures was crap. The gameplay this year is decent enough, so that we won't be bothered that much by the graphics.

The only noticeable "gameplay" difference might come from Vsync and it's known latency problems. Vsync can be disabled with ease, so don't worry about the gameplay, it will be the same as on PS4.

Why do we need to turn off Vsync? Ps4 has Vsync Turned On. Turning off Vsync makes games look laggy microstuttery tearfest.

Maybe cap Fps to 60 using Nvidia inspector and then turn on Vsync to reduce lag. And if it still lags, no reason to buy the game because you're better off playing Ps3 version then (atleast it will be 60fps tear free during gameplay there).

Btw, am I the only one who found Fifa 16's graphics better than Pes 16 on Ps3? Only thing better in Pes 16 Ps3 was the 3d grass which is visible during goal celebrations

This is pretty helpful in seeing the graphical differences, assuming the PC will be like X360/PS3. Not a huge amount in it, animations look identical :

I guess he meant animations look identical.

The two most painful things to me is the crowd and the turf (looks like an ugly carpet in close ups).
PC version is somewhere in between.
O....k.

Back
Top Bottom