PES 2017 - PC Version Discussion Thread

If I will have money, I will buy better PC and I will play it on high quality, but even if then graphics will look shit (PES will never look like FIFA), I won't complain and why? Because I never cared about graphics.

I don't want others to suffer, I'm happy for myself, so wtf are you talking about? And why you talk about older PES' when I will be able to play PES 17? I've played older PES' and now I will play new one because it will run on my PC, so... It's not my fault PES creators doesn't give a f*** about PC version. Your complains should go to Adam.

Sorry if I offended ou lol. No hard feelings :D

What I meant was there are plenty of Dx9 football games. So there's no need to make old gen port anymore and anyone having a old gen pc (dx9/10) can still play all those great old Pes games.

Anyway, it seems like I misunderstood what you really meant, sorry about that :D

--------

So I was watching the gameplay videos of Ps4 version and even though the shirts were tight- they still had realtime physics (not as good as Fifa but atleast it moved). In Pc version the shirts are too hard and look more like plastic (the creases move but not the 3d model of shirt).

This makes the game look less organic. This also made Pes 14 look more natural even though there were horrible clippings. And the lack of 3D grass in many close ups (both next and old gen) makes it look more plastic.

Edit: By the way, Pes 16 is still unavailable in my country. WTF just happened suddenly? And what will happen to those who bought the game and it got locked suddenly?

Last edited:
"Also confirms there is no PC demo due to extra work being done on anti-cheating in that version via a particular software."

work being done = final version has denuvo, most likely :| because "a particular software" is something else, new, named denuvo.

but if not interested in pc version, why pay for denuvo?

Anti-cheating ≠ anti-piracy

Sorry if I offended ou lol. No hard feelings :D

What I meant was there are plenty of Dx9 football games. So there's no need to make old gen port anymore and anyone having a old gen pc (dx9/10) can still play all those great old Pes games.

Anyway, it seems like I misunderstood what you really meant, sorry about that :D

--------

So I was watching the gameplay videos of Ps4 version and even though the shirts were tight- they still had realtime physics (not as good as Fifa but atleast it moved). In Pc version the shirts are too hard and look more like plastic (the creases move but not the 3d model of shirt).

This makes the game look less organic. This also made Pes 14 look more natural even though there were horrible clippings. And the lack of 3D grass in many close ups (both next and old gen) makes it look more plastic.

Edit: By the way, Pes 16 is still unavailable in my country. WTF just happened suddenly? And what will happen to those who bought the game and it got locked suddenly?

It's fine mate ;).

The witcher 3 proved that if your game is good you do not need anti piracy measures, why the fuck they are even bothering with this is beyond me, outside of a few fansites know one is interested in PES anymore on PC....They might aswell just give the fucking thing away.

IF, I repeat: IF this Denuvo thing is right, it might mean the PC version will be on par with Consoles next year for PES 2018. Why? Because it might mean they'll use PES 2017 PC as a test bank.

Let's be realistic, it's not that Konami are not capable of releasing the PC version with all the same features and quality as the consoles one. And it's not that they don't care. They want money. They need the money. And they know that they wouldn't get much of a PC version because of the piracy and how easy has been for crackers to bypass PES security. Even before the game was officially out you could sometimes get it beforehand on some sites, cracked and all.

So if Denuvo proves to be still uncrackable this year, Konami might just step their game up for upcoming versions.

That's what I think.

IF, I repeat: IF this Denuvo thing is right, it might mean the PC version will be on par with Consoles next year for PES 2018. Why? Because it might mean they'll use PES 2017 PC as a test bank.

Let's be realistic, it's not that Konami are not capable of releasing the PC version with all the same features and quality as the consoles one. And it's not that they don't care. They want money. They need the money. And they know that they wouldn't get much of a PC version because of the piracy and how easy has been for crackers to bypass PES security. Even before the game was officially out you could sometimes get it beforehand on some sites, cracked and all.

So if Denuvo proves to be still uncrackable this year, Konami might just step their game up for upcoming versions.

That's what I think.
but this is hurting us as pc gamers, i dont want to buy a ps4 just to play the game...we need a game on par with ps4

What's Denuvo? Some software that makes game uncrackable?
From what I know FIFA 16 doesn't have crack to this day, but... also I know few people tried to crack it and I think there are working versions to download, but it won't work for everybody. I think people will always find a way to crack it.

but this is hurting us as pc gamers, i dont want to buy a ps4 just to play the game...we need a game on par with ps4

I know. But they had to make a choice. I really believe they wanted to punish the PC gamers for not supporting the game in terms of actual purchases.
Great big community. Lots of mods and patches. But not reflected in sales.

So if this Denuvo rumour turns out to be true, I'm 100% next year the PC game will be just as good as PS4. And it will be even better after the community put hands on it.

I know. But they had to make a choice. I really believe they wanted to punish the PC gamers for not supporting the game in terms of actual purchases.

So if this Denuvo rumour turns out to be true, I'm 100% next year the PC game will be just as good as PS4. And it will be even better after the community put hands on it.

It won't, it will lead to the death of pes on PC if anything, denuvo could potentially make it much more difficult to patch if not even impossible, and could lead to Vac bans on steam, making the game not launchable and potentially having the game removed from your steam account, Nothing good can come of this.

it prob means no patches or mods that are linked to the exe but as for CPK they should be fine. If the game plays good and can be improved visually with mods it will sell if not it wont simple. The video on steam looks like it was 720p cant really judge the game until is out on PC and i'm playing it on my own PC with resolution increased and maybe a good sweetfx. Also remember if you buy it and don't like it you can apply for a steam refund and forget about it till next year

It won't, it will lead to the death of pes on PC if anything, denuvo could potentially make it much more difficult to patch if not even impossible, and could lead to Vac bans on steam, making the game not launchable and potentially having the game removed from your steam account, Nothing good can come of this.

Agree. I simply can't understand how people will easily accept DRM and restrictions in general nowadays, especially when we have examples from the past of how terrible it is.

Agree. I simply can't understand how people will easily accept DRM and restrictions in general nowadays, especially when we have examples from the past of how terrible it is.

Voksi ruined PES Online because of his Steamwork FIXES. Online is full of cheaters, "laggers" and rage quitters. Can't even play a freakking friendly match. I hate denuvo, but i support it for PES even if it means that some mods might be unavailable.

I really believe they wanted to punish the PC gamers for not supporting the game in terms of actual purchases.

You hit the nail on the head. The game is just not profitable on PC if only 5 people pay for the game. You look on the Internet and realize there are lots of mods and patches, and lots of visits and downloads on websites like this one, which reflect a big community, but then you notice the low number of actual physical/digital copies sold... Something's wrong there.

This also happened when console and PC versions were on par (i.e. 2008-14), so the downgraded version excuse doesn't work here. Even if both versions were the same right now, I believe sales would be similar.

No wonder Konami businessmen look at the sales figures and obviously decide it's not worth to invest on PC version. People playing pirated copies of PES don't make any profit for them, so they don't count.

I don't blame those users, IMO they just don't see any value in buying a legit copy of PES for the PC (I remember I said the same thing 3 years ago). It's up to Konami to resolve that.

You hit the nail on the head. The game is just not profitable on PC if only 5 people pay for the game. You look on the Internet and realize there are lots of mods and patches, and lots of visits and downloads on websites like this one, which reflect a big community, but then you notice the low number of actual physical/digital copies sold... Something's wrong there.

This also happened when console and PC versions were on par (i.e. 2008-14), so the downgraded version excuse doesn't work here. Even if both versions were the same right now, I believe sales would be similar.

No wonder Konami businessmen look at the sales figures and obviously decide it's not worth to invest on PC version. People playing pirated copies of PES don't make any profit for them, so they don't count.

I don't blame those users, IMO they just don't see any value in buying a legit copy of PES for the PC (I remember I said the same thing 3 years ago). It's up to Konami to resolve that.

Lets not approve piracy here whatever excuse You think is just.
Good game or Crap game, its a BIG no.
Illegal is illegal and the site rules here on the subject are plain and strong.
Suggest NOBODY expands upon the piracy statement.

Voksi ruined PES Online because of his Steamwork FIXES. Online is full of cheaters, "laggers" and rage quitters. Can't even play a freakking friendly match. I hate denuvo, but i support it for PES even if it means that some mods might be unavailable.

Denuvo ain't going to do anything to stop cheaters, all it will do is verify that you have a legit un modified version of the game when launching the game, if you don't it won't launch, simple....once it's launched it ain't going to stop anyone for cheating.

It also could scan every file within the pes install folder, to verify they are not modified in anyway...not just the EXE file...this could end modding altogether, and in turn end PES on PC.

The system requirements of PES 2017 talk about 8GB of disk space which is 1GB less than what was required for PES 2016. So I don't think PES 2017 on PC will feature more stadiums than PES 2016 on PC.

Funnily though, clean PES 2016 isn't even close to the 9GB - in current state, with all the data packs released, it's around 7.7GB. At launch time there weren't any data packs available, which means another 1.3GB less.

I wouldn't give much relevance to published HDD requirements for PES - they were never accurate. It's yet another case of wait-and-see game.

Denuvo ain't going to do anything to stop cheaters, all it will do is verify that you have a legit un modified version of the game when launching the game, if you don't it won't launch, simple....once it's launched it ain't going to stop anyone for cheating.

It also could scan every file within the pes install folder, to verify they are not modified in anyway...not just the EXE file...this could end modding altogether, and in turn end PES on PC.

I firmly believe and know that you are wrong. Right now it's so easy to be a cheater and just a bastard online. Even if you get banned you just make a new steam account and you're ready to go.

Will you risk doing that with your legit steam account? I don't think so, unless you're stupid to give 30€ again for the game. Btw DENUVO doesen't kill modding. Just look at games like MGSV. They have tons od mods and they work. Only mods that need the games EXE to be changed won't work.

It's a shame if KONAMI and VALVE can't find some other way to deal with steamwork fixes, but if it has to be denuvo im up for it since i heavily play PES online.

I firmly believe and know that you are wrong. Right now it's so easy to be a cheater and just a bastard online. Even if you get banned you just make a new steam account and you're ready to go.

Will you risk doing that with your legit steam account? I don't think so, unless you're stupid to give 30€ again for the game. Btw DENUVO doesen't kill modding. Just look at games like MGSV. They have tons od mods and they work. Only mods that need the games EXE to be changed won't work.

It's a shame if KONAMI and VALVE can't find some other way to deal with steamwork fixes, but if it has to be denuvo im up for it since i heavily play PES online.

Wrong, Pes relies on dll hooks for it to be modded, Denovo will detect these as attempt to circumvent the copy protection....Denovo has no anti cheat system built into it and never will, the only Anti cheat system that is ever going to be used in PES is VAC...Also never underestimate the stupidity of cheaters, they will go out and buy another copy if they somehow get banned, happens all the time in CSGO, BF3 BF4, FIFA....christ they even pay to cheat in those games. They will buy extra copies to cheat, especially when keys can be picked up for under £20....

Denuvo is bad....

I wasn't going to buy this game anyway, given they have partnered up with the shite, and i will not give them cringeworthy gobshites a penny of my money...and given that the game isn't even on par with the pathetic station 4 and xboner, this has confirmed a no sale and no play for me on PES17.

Wrong, Pes relies on dll hooks for it to be modded,

Not any more. PES does not have dll hooking tools (a. k. a. kitservers) since Jenkey disappeared along with PES 2013. That would be three years in a row by now.
And modding is still alive, it has adapted to modding .cpk files only and it still produces quality patches. Much like ModdingWay produces quality patches for FIFA, despite FIFA being protected by Denuvo for two years.

Mods relying on exe hacking (yair's gameplay mods, for example) will suffer, of course, should Konami decide to use Denuvo. Until someone finds a way to circumvent it.

Dooming and glooming too much, eh?

Next one up on this thread mentioning piracy will receive Instant Ban.
Check forum rules if You are unsure.

Back
Top Bottom