PES 2017 - PC Version Discussion Thread

Code commonality is hard to estimate. Fox engine itself (at least the portion which pes team got from Kojima, in form of general purpose gaming engine) was advertised as cross platform.

But then, pes team had to create lots of extensions and modifications to make general purpose Fox suitable for sports game. God knows how much 'cross-platformy' that part is. Same logic would apply to other 'non-core engine' parts - modes, ai, etc.

I just don't believe in magical 100% generic cross platform devkits for a game of this level of complexity - i.e. develop once for some imaginary target and then simply compile it for various real platforms.
All in all, it would be reasonable to expect that pes development is platform-agnostic up to the point, but then one has to step out from generic development kit and begin to invest serious time in platform specific optimizations. At that point it becomes managerial decision - with limited resources available, which platform should be prioritized? PS4/consoles in general being the winners in Konami's mind, because of so obvious instant-$$$ reasons.

Anyway, regardless, am sure the community will help make PES2017 on PC playable.

Community should protest and not release any patch for everyone for a year like pesedit. I remember they stop making patches and they are very happy. Our Heathy are more important to save for a real job and recieve money, not give a patch with all the pain work and release it for free. Konami still not get it they are suffering the heart fans for all the pc community, but people continues to go wayback and defend this peace of Arcade Garbage.
Even Arcade games are better then this. Even Winning Eleven first Arcade from 2003 is better then the original Playstation 2 Version.

Community should protest and not release any patch for everyone for a year like pesedit. I remember they stop making patches and they are very happy. Our Heathy are more important to save for a real job and recieve money, not give a patch with all the pain work and release it for free. Konami still not get it they are suffering the heart fans for all the pc community, but people continues to go wayback and defend this peace of Arcade Garbage.
Even Arcade games are better then this. Even Winning Eleven first Arcade from 2003 is better then the original Playstation 2 Version.
Not realistic. The only thing you achieve is that Konami thinks there is no market anymore for the PC and that they will not make a PC version anymore.

With all the new games releases being console ports im seriously contemplating gettinf a ps4 and stop being a pc gamer for good, this consolitis plague has hit the gaming world since last decade and its still going strong i guess..

Not realistic. The only thing you achieve is that Konami thinks there is no market anymore for the PC and that they will not make a PC version anymore.
This will probably be the reasonable outcome... I don't see them hanging around with the pc scene anymore... Looks like only one guy working on the game for pc. Sales will probably be shot for pes 2017

With all the new games releases being console ports im seriously contemplating gettinf a ps4 and stop being a pc gamer for good, this consolitis plague has hit the gaming world since last decade and its still going strong i guess..
If you got the cash go ahead, but the console environment is starting to get really toxic with new hardware releases and also overpriced games

Well, I'd never!

If you got the cash go ahead, but the console environment is starting to get really toxic with new hardware releases and also overpriced games

This.

They cannot do that
The moment they sease to release pes on pc
At same moment ea can grab the El and cl licenses

Can anyone confirm the rumour that the Neymar shirtless celebration won't be in the PC version?

Watch both trailers back to back. PC version missing quite a number of post-processing effects, much inferior crowd animation and generally looks a bit lifeless. Will stick to ps4, again.

Lol guys they just removed "authentic visuals" feature from their steam page feature description

There is no market at all, people in the fórums on steam already tell they will not do the same mistake again buying it.
The fans ask better gameplay graphics and poor content of licences.
You want konami to release poor contents?
Ok, konami made your desire.
Keep pushing wayback again to save this system. (You can´t and you will never be.)
That's konami's decision.
Where's all the licences konami lost on PES 2016?
I'm done with this conversation.
All of you.

Last edited:
Maybe a naive question, but the video on Steam - is that the PC version? Looks like all the animations are there if so.

But it wouldn't be unlike Konami to put a non-PC video on steam...

Maybe a naive question, but the video on Steam - is that the PC version? Looks like all the animations are there if so.

But it wouldn't be unlike Konami to put a non-PC video on steam...

That is definitely the Pc version, a lot of effects are missing, lighting is worse, textures are worse, no motion blur.

There is no market at all, people in the fórums on steam already tell they will not do the same mistake again buying it.
Keep pushing wayback again to save this system. (You can´t and you will never be.)
All of you.
What I have read is that the pure gameplay is the same as on the consoles. That is important for me. I don't bother too much about graphics as long as it is good enough.

That is definitely the Pc version, a lot of effects are missing, lighting is worse, textures are worse, no motion blur.

Cool, I actually view that as a positive for PC folks. Obviously not what it *should* be, but this is Konami.

For me the animations look identical to the other trailer.

Cool, I actually view that as a positive for PC folks. Obviously not what it *should* be, but this is Konami.

For me the animations look identical to the other trailer.

Yes, animations are alright. At the end of the day, thank God we can mod and patch the game as much as we want and just the way we want :)

All of you.

Noted, see Ya,thanks.

Im surprised it doesnt look much worse than ps4 on this comparison trailer. Ill try the DEMO on the release.

I dont think it looks bad at all,bit of a sweetfx tweak here & there and it will look really good.

I dont think it looks bad at all,bit of a sweetfx tweak here & there and it will look really good.

Totally agree, hopefully we find the correct settings to upgrade lighting

+ even if Neymar tattoo or anfield is exclusive to ps4/one,
pc has tattoos mod :P:P and 40 real stadiums patch :BYE:

most important is gameplay/animations, which can't be edited.

Last edited:
Well, after seeing all the news today, i've taken some positives and negatives in my opinion for the PC version of the game, but also in general. In no particular order.

Good
-Gameplay might still be pretty good + new tactics and other new refinements and improvements.
-Stadio Olimpico for lazio/roma returns(assuming PC gets it and the same number of stadiums heh)
-Dortmund/Liverpool full package(with a bit of wait though, and again assuming those stadiums will be on PC)
-Importing kits like on PS4, although it could just mean images for kit sponsors and sleeve patches, but i still put it in positive section as it was getting kinda empty :) https://i.imgur.com/J3uRedA.png

Bad
-Again region lock on steam pes 2017 page.
-No PC demo.
-Long wait til november, maybe even further, for full dortmund/liverpool package(stadiums/kits/chants).
-What i feared about a month ago if you remember my posts, is the likely loss of copa libertadores/sudamericana and south american leagues(how will this affect master league i wonder also?) https://i.imgur.com/orgYNFU.png
-Are we even sure the pes league for europe/south america/asia is there lol? I saw WE United in some images, but they might just put it in other european teams or something.
-Dortmund is a replacement for bayern and liverpool for manchester united, and they are proudly trying to sell their game with that?
-Loss of spanish league, yet having barca advertised, and only a few years after having a full la liga package, and they are proudly trying to sell their game with that as well?
-No new licenses, clubs, leagues or competitions, they might just get a few more teams who enter CL/EL at the end of August and their stadiums, but that's about it. Abysmal.
-Still too few, only 30 stadiums(number questionable on PC)
-No new game modes, or innovative ideas, and there can be so many.
-ML and other modes' changes seem only cosmetic and barely anything has been done. I like being able to edit youth players though.
-Only minor improvements to edit mode, still no stadium creator return.
-Still no snow, no afternoon games, still way too few options for setting the game up, and what ever happened to properly including dynamic weather instead of half sunny half rainy.
-Can't import audio data on PC for yet another year.
-PC graphics will honestly be unknown until the game release.

Few more i must have missed but these were on top of my head.

-Importing kits like on PS4, although it could just mean images for kit sponsors and sleeve patches
I'm pretty sure you won't be able to import textures for PS4, it will probably be the same import functionality like in PES 2016.

-PC graphics will honestly be unknown until the game release.
Have a look at the trailer on the Steam store page, it looks exactly like PES 2016.

visually the game is not progressing at all for pc. the slogan for pc should be "love the past, play the past". 2007 gpu recommendation in steam, a potato could play this game, probably should be a mobile phone game

Totally agree, hopefully we find the correct settings to upgrade lighting

+ even if Neymar tattoo or anfield is exclusive to ps4/one,
pc has tattoos mod :P:P and 40 real stadiums patch :BYE:

most important is gameplay/animations, which can't be edited.

You are (or at least someone else) is doing the work that Konami should have done. This is the 4th release on the alleged multi-platform friendly Fox Engine and yet they are still omitting features from the PC version for no good reason.

On moral grounds I wouldn't dream of buying PES on the PC. It's a viscous cycle as the PC version will always prove unpopular due to Konami's stance on releasing a half-baked game. This is exacerbated by their passive aggressive PR guru, Bhatti, giving out lip service suggesting that there will be parity the following year - when deep down you know it will never happen.

You are (or at least someone else) is doing the work that Konami should have done. This is the 4th release on the alleged multi-platform friendly Fox Engine and yet they are still omitting features from the PC version for no good reason.

On moral grounds I wouldn't dream of buying PES on the PC. It's a viscous cycle as the PC version will always prove unpopular due to Konami's stance on releasing a half-baked game. This is exacerbated by their passive aggressive PR guru, Bhatti, giving out lip service suggesting that there will be parity the following year - when deep down you know it will never happen.

On the one hand thats a bit negative really,but on the other I know what You mean.
The community has always built the game up to be something better,its only since all this cross platform annoyance with something for one and not for the other that people have become disillusioned.
Anfield is best example,may not be on PC version but a modder has been making that stadium for quite some time already.

You are (or at least someone else) is doing the work that Konami should have done.

It has been always like this, hasn't it?

Most of us bought the PC version cause of all the community patches which brought us a full game with almost every league and every player/team.
We never had to care about licenses.

Now, along with the leagues and teams and all that stuff they have to implement graphic mods as well.
That's the only difference.

But I understand.
It shouldn't be like that.
Licenses is one thing and very comprehensable.

But graphics toned down like that. I knew it all would repeat like the last two years but seeing that specs again...whew...for a game in 2016...I'm speechless.

Adam said that next year he'll take care for the PC version.
Well I'm curious about the outcome.

Back
Top Bottom