PES 2017 - PC Version Discussion Thread

It has been always like this, hasn't it?

Most of us bought the PC version cause of all the community patches which brought us a full game with almost every league and every player/team.
We never had to care about licenses.

Now, along with the leagues and teams and all that stuff they have to implement graphic mods as well.
That's the only difference.

But I understand.
It shouldn't be like that.
Licenses is one thing and very comprehensable.

But graphics toned down like that. I knew it all would repeat like the last two years but seeing that specs again...whew...for a game in 2016...I'm speechless.

Adam said that next year he'll take care for the PC version.
Well I'm curious about the outcome.

This is the crux of it for me. I can completely handle the fact that EA throw their money around and as a result the amount of licenses available to Konami are limited. In recent years Konami's approach to licensing by affiliating themselves to certain clubs is a step in the right direction.

The issue with me, as you've mentioned, is the fact they haven't included animated crowds, player shading, certain celebrations/cut scenes and a number of post-processing effects that wouldn't take much man power to implement.

For what it's worth the gameplay is at least on par with FIFA, if not better, and they have the perfect spring board to really push the franchise on. Their decision to treat PC games like second class citizens will ultimately cost them competing with FIFA for licenses and authenticity. Even though the PES community are great, Konami knowingly takes advantage of them for their own gain and as a result will not invest in PC version knowing someone else will drag their game from mediocrity.

The issue with me, as you've mentioned, is the fact they haven't included animated crowds, player shading, certain celebrations/cut scenes and a number of post-processing effects that wouldn't take much man power to implement.

This!
And that makes it intended to me.

Sad...

95% of play time you'll only see pitch, and this' what you can get from a patched pes 2016:

CV13C8p.jpg

(pes2016 screenshots thread from Chuny)​

I think that's fine and almost on par with Ps4.

but yeah, it's just absurd that we have so many missing features. Sports game are different from any other genre. Graphics improvement are essential since the game comes out every year and gameplay wise you only see small changes. On Pc, not only we are stuck to 2014 graphics, but in certain aspects they intentionally gimped it to make it worse than pes2014, let alone pes17 on Ps4. Unacceptable.

I guess, Anfield and Signal Iduna Park will come for the PC, too.

Last year, they put "PS4/Xbox One exclusive" on the Maracana advert - this year, they don't.
I think Liverpool and Dortmund will keep an eye on that, that their stadiums will be presented on every platform.

Also they mentioned on the website that only the PS3 version will have less stadiums, nothing about the pc and Adam Bhatti said, the pc will have at least the same content than PS4.

Also they mentioned on the website that only the PS3 version will have less stadiums, nothing about the pc and Adam Bhatti said, the pc will have at least the same content than PS4.
The system requirements of PES 2017 talk about 8GB of disk space which is 1GB less than what was required for PES 2016. So I don't think PES 2017 on PC will feature more stadiums than PES 2016 on PC.

There will be no PC demo "due to extra work being done on anti-cheating in that version via a particular software" (Adam Bhatti via official pes twitter account),

I definitely get the feeling that Konami would rather just not bother with a PC version.

Why do they, to be honest? All they do is make something to be ashamed of with accompanying excuses. Sigh.

I definitely get the feeling that Konami would rather just not bother with a PC version.

Why do they, to be honest? All they do is make something to be ashamed of with accompanying excuses. Sigh.

I dont agree, if they are implementing anti cheating ( Denuvo maybe) then they are clearly intent on protecting PC version from piracy and online abuse,and so they should.
After all EA Sports do just that.

Anti-Cheat and "Anti-Tamper"(denuvo) are completely different things.

Putting extra work on a product which is intentionally being downgraded so that the consoles will not look obsolete, which they completely are, is just laughable.

KONAMI can treat the PC version as they please, but their sales will never reach decent numbers on this platformm if they continue their horrible practice of downgrading the PC version.

Imagine, if PES was a huge title and gamers were eager to play it on PC. The game would have been slaughtered with negative reviews and with downgrading videos, just like every UBISOFT title. But at the end of the day, the sports gaming community is just not as big on PC as on consoles and not as vocal as other PC communities.

I will personally wait the price of PES 2017 on PC to drop significantly, I will just not pay 49.99 euro for a product which is downgraded on purpose.

There will be no PC demo "due to extra work being done on anti-cheating in that version via a particular software" (Adam Bhatti via official pes twitter account),

They do it very well. PES 2016 on PC online is so unplayable , even hacked version no body wanna play it . Good Work Konami, good work .

Never realised the demo had an online mode

:LMAO::LMAO::LMAO::LMAO:

So torn on whether to get it this year. Having upgraded my pc not to high end spec but about mid range I wanted to a game to at least give it a workout. My pc from 10 years ago could play this years release.

Last edited:
Actually I'm happy PES isn't making drastical changes in graphics, because I can play it on my old PC. To play FIFA I would have to buy a new one. I don't know when I will be able to compare new FIFA's games to PES' ones.

Actually I'm happy PES isn't making drastical changes in graphics, because I can play it on my old PC. To play FIFA I would have to buy a new one. I don't know when I will be able to compare new FIFA's games to PES' ones.

I am happy aswell, I hope I can handle such great visuals game with my GTX 1070...

95% of play time you'll only see pitch, and this' what you can get from a patched pes 2016:

CV13C8p.jpg

(pes2016 screenshots thread from Chuny)​

I think that's fine and almost on par with Ps4.

but yeah, it's just absurd that we have so many missing features. Sports game are different from any other genre. Graphics improvement are essential since the game comes out every year and gameplay wise you only see small changes. On Pc, not only we are stuck to 2014 graphics, but in certain aspects they intentionally gimped it to make it worse than pes2014, let alone pes17 on Ps4. Unacceptable.

That pitch or turf needs to be on PES 2017. It wasn't on ps4 last year. It looks realistic and should be used for the Cam Nou. Maybe I don't know.

You may be happy but a considerable amount of pc owners do spend a bit of money on their pc's to keep them up to date. I am not a rich man and I do not not have a high end pc but if you want to play a game with graphics from 10 years ago stick with PES5/6 they were great games.

We would like to move on.

:OOOH:

no excuse not to release a demo. Konami fails again. EA and Konami have switched sides, now I can care less about their downgraded garbage they release to PC users. Every year same story..and they have the nerve to charge full price like consoles.

Konami just have to make a god damn Graphic settings menu. Its not that hard and nearly every game got one. For peaople with ancient Hardware and for People with new Hardware. This Low,medium,high we got for years now is just not enough and everyone would be happy.
Or at least something like that:

Low = Graphics like this Year
medium = Graphics like Console
High = Graphics over the Top for decent Hardware

Konami just have to make a god damn Graphic settings menu. Its not that hard and nearly every game got one. For peaople with ancient Hardware and for People with new Hardware. This Low,medium,high we got for years now is just not enough and everyone would be happy.
Or at least something like that:

Low = Graphics like this Year
medium = Graphics like Console
High = Graphics over the Top for decent Hardware
In all honesty if they were to do that, low settings will suffice as the game really isn't that demanding on pc hardware, if we're talking about the ps4 version

Pes 2008-2014, there are 7 Pes games that will run on your Pc. Why do yu want all others to suffer from garbage port just so that it runs on your Pc? After all, there are enough Pes that will run on your Pc (Pes 1-16).

I couldn't play Fifa 15 back then because I had an old laptop aswell but I was happy that it was a next gen port. We can get cheap cards like Gtx 950 or 680 etc this gen. Last gen was a pain though (7800Gt 600 $!)

I lost my hope in Pes 17. Maybe Pes 18 on Pc can be great if Adam really takes care of it.

That pitch or turf needs to be on PES 2017. It wasn't on ps4 last year. It looks realistic and should be used for the Cam Nou. Maybe I don't know.

Mate, in the description right below the image, it says the image comes from one of my posts. I created that turf and added my own SweetFX settings, that's why it didn't come in PES 2016 by default. Konami will never make turfs that look so vibrant. Because they release the game with a more pale-looking color palette so different monitors/TV won't look over saturated. They have to release the game with a standard palette that will look OK across most setups. You can check that in the Screenshots Thread. Cheers.

Pes 2008-2014, there are 7 Pes games that will run on your Pc. Why do yu want all others to suffer from garbage port just so that it runs on your Pc? After all, there are enough Pes that will run on your Pc (Pes 1-16).

I couldn't play Fifa 15 back then because I had an old laptop aswell but I was happy that it was a next gen port. We can get cheap cards like Gtx 950 or 680 etc this gen. Last gen was a pain though (7800Gt 600 $!)

I lost my hope in Pes 17. Maybe Pes 18 on Pc can be great if Adam really takes care of it.

Well said.

I spend probably £100 or less on average per year just on upgrading my pc. This year I got a GTX 770 OC for £100 just to give it that boost in graphical power. You do not have to spend a fortune on new latest release parts to have a decent tower.

Secondhand parts have always done me fine.

You may be happy but a considerable amount of pc owners do spend a bit of money on their pc's to keep them up to date. I am not a rich man and I do not not have a high end pc but if you want to play a game with graphics from 10 years ago stick with PES5/6 they were great games.

We would like to move on.

:OOOH:

If I will have money, I will buy better PC and I will play it on high quality, but even if then graphics will look shit (PES will never look like FIFA), I won't complain and why? Because I never cared about graphics.

I don't want others to suffer, I'm happy for myself, so wtf are you talking about? And why you talk about older PES' when I will be able to play PES 17? I've played older PES' and now I will play new one because it will run on my PC, so... It's not my fault PES creators doesn't give a f*** about PC version. Your complains should go to Adam.

"Also confirms there is no PC demo due to extra work being done on anti-cheating in that version via a particular software."

work being done = final version has denuvo, most likely :| because "a particular software" is something else, new, named denuvo.

but if not interested in pc version, why pay for denuvo?

Back
Top Bottom