PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

After settling back in with PES 2013 now PES 2016 is actually still fun to play, but my final conclusion is this game is too simple and easy because of the tron running which prevents much simulation thought to this game.

On manual the game is fun, very nice feel to it since the physics and animations really work smoothly and players feel like humans when they are not tron running.

Once you understand the issue with the game and just look at what is there because unfortunately its not a great sim or a great PES game this year, you start to see this game has reached it limit in the 3 year cycle and the only way to improve will be to start building back so you can move freely and enhancing the jogging and sprinting mechanism to PES 2013 levels again. Even with my huge doubts at Konami head office, this is the only logical way football without us even giving feedback.

Last edited:
After settling back in with PES 2013 now PES 2016 is actually still fun to play, but my final conclusion is this game is too simple and easy because of the tron running which prevents much simulation thought to this game.

On manual the game is fun, very nice feel to it since the physics and animations really work smoothly and players feel like humans when they are not tron running.

Once you understand the issue with the game and just look at what is there because unfortunately its to a great sim or a great PES game this year, you start to see this game has reached it limit in the 3 year cycle and the only way to improve will be to start building back so you can move freely and enhancing the jogging and sprinting mechanism to PES 2013 levels again. Even with my huge doubts at Konami head office, this is the only logical way football without us even giving feedback.

Klashman you won't rest easy until this Pes 2013 is resurrected. . you're a master manipulator . .look at all the guys you have back playing it! You'd write great speeches for politicians lol!

Klashman you won't rest easy until this Pes 2013 is resurrected. . you're a master manipulator . .look at all the guys you have back playing it! You'd write great speeches for politicians lol!

I'm Darth Vader innit,

latest

:LOL:

Like i said though playing 2016 after 2013 you appreciate the physics and animations part and enjoy the human like transitions happening.

The most important thing is we all here at evo web want the best experience from PES as possible. I only say what i think will progress the game forward.

I'm Darth Vader innit,

latest

:LOL:

Like i said though playing 2016 after 2013 you appreciate the physics and animations part and enjoy the human like transitions happening.

The most important thing is we all here at evo web want the best experience from PES as possible. I only say what i think will progress the game forward.

Klash I'm only yanking your chain bud . .I agree with 90% of what you say most of the time but I still believe 2014 was the way to go. I'm sure there was a video of an early version of 2015 released illegally and it was a responsive version of 2014 but it was rejected by critics opinion at one of those critics private viewings . .and we ended up with 2015. Don't get me wrong I loved 2013 as well. . except for the scripting and easy ways to score. I'd love to see your idea of the game come to fruition but it's looking like konami are only interested in an online all action goalfest for kids. .hope I'm wrong!

Klash I'm only yanking your chain bud . .I agree with 90% of what you say most of the time but I still believe 2014 was the way to go. I'm sure there was a video of an early version of 2015 released illegally and it was a responsive version of 2014 but it was rejected by critics opinion at one of those critics private viewings . .and we ended up with 2015. Don't get me wrong I loved 2013 as well. . except for the scripting and easy ways to score. I'd love to see your idea of the game come to fruition but it's looking like konami are only interested in an online all action goalfest for kids. .hope I'm wrong!

I know man,

I agree with you, i share the same fear that the head office want the game in the basic state its in now to get kids in and be an easy game for casual.

Again, going back to my beloved PES 2013 one great aspect I respected about the game is that its not just a better sim than PES 2016, but its a better arcade game if you want it to be using 3 bar passing or 4.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGkw_St051I

This is where the pass levels and short or long matches create a dynamic game from everyone to enjoy.

Kids still play PES 2013 now, hopefully the head office can see this and know bringing this coding back into the new engine and bringing in better quality responsiveness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZFj-C2AIu8

This is still me being hopeful, however what has been seen clearly is that the only way forward is to work on improving the responsiveness and depth of movement for players because this tron running has reached its limit now.

Well, it had been mentioned many times in this thread that playing on full manuals is the only way to make pes 2016 less arcadey.

If you have the game on PC, there are many gameplay patches you can try out, some make the AI very aggressive, or you can edit stats with global editor or manually if you play on consoles (it does make the game better).

I agree that past PES series have better gameplay, I've tried playing ML in 2013 with latest transfers and kits but keep going back to pes 2016 for its better graphics and animations.

Well, it had been mentioned many times in this thread that playing on full manuals is the only way to make pes 2016 less arcadey.

If you have the game on PC, there are many gameplay patches you can try out, some make the AI very aggressive, or you can edit stats with global editor or manually if you play on consoles (it does make the game better).

I agree that past PES series have better gameplay, I've tried playing ML in 2013 with latest transfers and kits but keep going back to pes 2016 for its better graphics and animations.

I personally liked pes 2013 and pes 2015 which I still have and play from time to time. I keep going back to PES 2016. It has better visuals and game flows real well. I do think that playing with the right camera angle also makes a difference. Live broadcast camera makes it a better and more challenging game especially when playing full manual controls. Not really sure where all that criticism for pes 2016 is coming from,

Still enjoy this game immensely. Getting tight now in 2nd season in EPL with my somewhat decent team. Only 1 player over 80 and sitting top close to midpoint in the season so I wish it was a bit more difficult.

The AI though is a serious issue. No dynamism what so ever. I can literally see how the AI is going to play anywhere on the pitch. I hope they take focus off myclub and fix this.

I personally liked pes 2013 and pes 2015 which I still have and play from time to time. I keep going back to PES 2016. It has better visuals and game flows real well. I do think that playing with the right camera angle also makes a difference. Live broadcast camera makes it a better and more challenging game especially when playing full manual controls. Not really sure where all that criticism for pes 2016 is coming from,

It's like a different game using live broadcast. . hard to adjust to at first and you have to change the way you play.

Still enjoy this game immensely. Getting tight now in 2nd season in EPL with my somewhat decent team. Only 1 player over 80 and sitting top close to midpoint in the season so I wish it was a bit more difficult.

The AI though is a serious issue. No dynamism what so ever. I can literally see how the AI is going to play anywhere on the pitch. I hope they take focus off myclub and fix this.

What level are you using? I'm on top player manual and have had some great games but had one match the other day and it was ridiculously easy . .. the lads in midfield had time to comb their hair while passsing .. and it really showed up the problem of strolling through the defence without being challennged.

Back onto pes13 for a min,something I forgot to mention in my previous post..apart from the fantastic gameplay, vast variations available, and how well full manual actually works - I have to say the most noticeable pro for me is how well ball ricochets/rebounds are portrayed. Best I've seen in any pes/we by far. Im talking specifically about when u try a hard pass that happens to hit a nearby teammate (who's too close to control it properly) or indeed an opposition player trying to intercept. The errors are variable as it is in real football. In contrast, try a hard pass to an anaware teammate (who's too close) in pes14,15&16, and they miraculously control the ball (albeit with a little bobble first). This particularly annoying when in full manual pass, trying to pass the ball low n hard to a player from one end to another, and u hit a player close by. Yeah, that player should try to avoid the pass n move out of the way...but even so, I made the error due to my manual passing direction and should be punished - with a ricocheting error. My close/unaware player shouldn't be able to control it. Interestingly, although this is perfect in pes13, the ball physics of the ball through the air are not so good. So floaty. This is where pes16 shines. I have say, other than poor vaitions of ricochets off players etc, as well as overpowered shooting, pes16 has the best ball physics of all the pes's. Been testing pes13(PC), pes14(pc) n ps3, and pes16 ps4..and have say although is has its flaws, pes16 is still the one I prefer. Technically, its control/response, together with its overall ball physics, gives it that fluidity and momentum required in football. I think where this game truelly shines though is human v human, offline, and in full manual. Speaking of which, I only play full manual on all these pes's 13-16. Only way to truelly enjoy all these games....
Finally, anyone have experience with we2016 (or any other Japanese ver. Proceeding it)? Any differences?

What level are you using? I'm on top player manual and have had some great games but had one match the other day and it was ridiculously easy . .. the lads in midfield had time to comb their hair while passsing .. and it really showed up the problem of strolling through the defence without being challennged.

Still top player 1 bar assist. If I go manual I am young to struggle too much. Some teams I whip 8,9, - 0 haven't lost a game in EPL yet.

Arsenal Liverpool Manchester's and Chelsea home the ball well but their attack is so 1 dimensional.

I worry about going manual and losing player individuality

Still top player 1 bar assist. If I go manual I am young to struggle too much. Some teams I whip 8,9, - 0 haven't lost a game in EPL yet.

Arsenal Liverpool Manchester's and Chelsea home the ball well but their attack is so 1 dimensional.

You can still get a great game with level 1 assistance, it all depends on how you play, it's not always ping-pong football.

Playing manual passing needs time to get used too, the best thing about it is that you can place the ball wherever you want on the pitch. It's amazing how you can Pass the ball away from the defender and let your striker make a run for the ball, something you can never do with level 1 support. It feels great that the AI can't predict your passing.

Manual's much better Zee it balances the game out better and you won't be hammering that many teams.. ..I don't understand what you mean by "young to struggle too much"? Surely you meant something else? Unless that's the way they talk in your neck of the woods lol!

Man, the passing in PES 2011 was sooooo good and so much fun. The shooting is also pretty damn fantastic if you're in the right position.

Seabass was really on to something with PES 2011. Shame almost nobody could see past the dated and rigid animations. The feel of the game is brilliant and the pitch is HUUUUUGE like in real life.

I'm having a blast playing this game in single player lately. PES 2013 is solely reserved for multiplayer now.

I vividly remember how pretty much everyone disliked the shooting system because of how weak shots were.

How come now people start to see some good even on Pes 2011 shots that honestly were flawed. I prefer a lot more Pes 2016 shooting system (bar the super powerful outside the area shots)

PES5/6 shooting was the best. I play PES11 and the R2 shooting is so stupidly weak. Every PES is flawed in some uniquely retarded way, 11 is my favourite but the catch-up/stumble bug is incredibly annoying

Last edited:

I play full manual and can assure you that you won't lose player individuality. You would still feel the difference in passing, dribbling and shooting. Give it a try

Manual's much better Zee it balances the game out better and you won't be hammering that many teams.. ..I don't understand what you mean by "young to struggle too much"? Surely you meant something else? Unless that's the way they talk in your neck of the woods lol!

Lol no its bloody autocorrect

I meant I am going to struggle too much. Does manual not water down the player individuality though. Nobody slips a through pass like Mastour in my team at the moment.

Lol no its bloody autocorrect

I meant I am going to struggle too much. Does manual not water down the player individuality though. Nobody slips a through pass like Mastour in my team at the moment.

I haven't found players losing individuality at all Zee, for example my favourite player that I've bought in Master league is Matias Fernandez from Fiorentina who sprays lovely passes around the pitch as well as dribbling and scoring. If I substitute him the difference in the quality of passing is huge the same with dribbling and shooting . . each player does it in their own style on manual.

They don't all of a sudden turn into the Borg collective when you use manual.

I totally agree with those who say that Pes 2013 coding should be brought back as the base. Every time I play Pes 2013 and have some brilliant moments I think for myself what if they had actually upgraded this game, and how awesome that would be.

After Seabass, PES pretty much went shite. Pes 2013 was the last stronghold. I believe it was an extreme mistake to let the UK studio interfere with the game, and I'd be glad if someone could explain why they actually did that. What have they really brought to Pes, apart from ruining its originality in favour of a "modern" appeal with horrendous menus and end-to-end football which only appeals to fanboys. The thing is, no one makes games better than japanese, especially arcade games, and by seeling-out to a western standard the game was doomed to fail. At least when the game was arcadey, it might have been limited but you had a set of variables from which various outcomes was possible - which in turn created an in game depth with fixed distinguishable individuality.

Pes moved away from this to focus on animations and visuals, which is retarded imo. I have never understood how people care so much about grapichs to the point they become blinded by it. I still haven't bought Ps4 and play MGS 5 on the Ps3 and get a lot of satisfaction because the gameplay matters - not the graphics. In the same way I get pleasure from Pes 2013, because it's a properly developed game.

They should make football GAMES again, not try to emulate football! An upgraded Pes 2013 would bring much more satisfaction than some half-baked wannabee Fifa crap.

Unfortunately, the Pes team does not seem to have any integrity left. And no offence to Adam Bhatti, but Pes can never be great with such a front figure. Make Pes JAPANESE again!!

Last edited:
I totally agree with those who say that Pes 2013 coding should be brought back as the base. Every time I play Pes 2013 and have some brilliant moments I think for myself what if they had actually upgraded this game, and how awesome that would be.

After Seabass, PES pretty much went shite. Pes 2013 was the last stronghold. I believe it was an extreme mistake to let the UK studio interfere with the game, and I'd be glad if someone could explain why they actually did that. What have they really brought to Pes, apart from ruining its originality in favour of a "modern" appeal with horrendous menus and end-to-end football which only appeals to fanboys. The thing is, no one makes games better than japanese, especially arcade games, and by seeling-out to a western standard the game was doomed to fail. At least when the game was arcadey, it might have been limited but you had a set of variables from which various outcomes was possible - which in turn created an in game depth with fixed distinguishable individuality.

Pes moved away from this to focus on animations and visuals, which is retarded imo. I have never understood how people care so much about grapichs to the point they become blinded by it. I still haven't bought Ps4 and play MGS 5 on the Ps3 and get a lot of satisfaction because the gameplay matters - not the graphics. In the same way I get pleasure from Pes 2013, because it's a properly developed game.

They should make football GAMES again, not try to emulate football! An upgraded Pes 2013 would bring much more satisfaction than some half-baked wannabee Fifa crap.

Unfortunately, the Pes team does not seem to have any integrity left. And no offence to Adam Bhatti, but Pes can never be great with such a front figure. Make Pes JAPANESE again!!

Pes 2013 development was given to Masuda

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xY6b0qu0l0

I have no doubt whatsoever that PES 2017 will be the best football game ever. This is not just plain hope, it's based on the evolution the game's been showing.

I have no doubt whatsoever that PES 2017 will be the best football game ever. This is not just plain hope, it's based on the evolution the game's been showing.

Every 3 years they do something new.

PES 2008, 09 and 10 were really similar.
PES 2011, 12 and 13 were really similar.
PES 2014, 15 and 16 were really similar.

So going by that, PES 2017 is the one that will be the first real next-gen as it breaks away from last-gen's PES 2014's formula.

Hmmm I wouldn't say that TBH. I think they're quite happy about how 2016 turned out at Konami and so they will probably aim at improving on it. Adam himself said that they're still figuring the whole FOX ENGINE out and that's what allowed them to implement certain new things for this year's version (such as Dynamic Weather).

If I had to take a wild guess, I'm sure they will add many more new animations, improve the foot planting and transitions, and then take graphics a step further. Player models with tattoo's and even specific body shapes. Neymar is a given. Dynamic Wather will probably play a bigger role, much more noticeable.

This comes just from watching how they've been moving since PES 2014. If you stop and take a look at what they've actually done to the game for the last 3 years, everything I'm saying makes sense. Of course there's room for surprises as well.

I dont liked PES 2013 that much. First of aall it has no league mode. Second and not less important was, players reaction. It was awful. Tackling system was inexistent too. With a simple "r2" stop, players pass by the ball like blind chicken.

This game online is unplayable:

You just cant hit a first time pass/shot because of lag.' The autoswitching is ver inaccurate and you see player running to opposite direction from where the ball is going.

It is a joke!

Fifa 16 11vs11 has better response than PES 2016 1vs1.

We need to accept that Konami has no infrastructure, money and big staff to develope a 2016 game. We need to make a petition asking Konami to sell PES franchise to a real big, competitive company. Enough!

So going by that, PES 2017 is the one that will be the first real next-gen as it breaks away from last-gen's PES 2014's formula.

I'd doubt about that.

I don't see Konami making a real radical change from Pes 2016, as it was from Pes 2010 to Pes 2011 for example.

I am going as far as to say that Konami no longer have the "know-how" to develope (real good) football games.

Sad but true, no trolling here.

Last night, I tried to stop caring about sim football, or weather the game is unrealistic, too arcadey, referee, low shots etc, and just sat down and played the game like a little kid.

I always play this game on full manuals, but last night I started a new ML with Arsenal superstar 15 minutes, level 1 pass support, advance shooting. I must say it was really fun, played 4 games (probably the most enjoyable 4 games I had on PES 2016).

Another interesting thing is that three of my first games (the community shield, and 2 home games) were played in daylight. Always played night games in EPL before this.

when people start showcasing pes 17 demo and i still see defenders not showing aggression or running away from ball carrier, then im convinced thats the direction konami will be heading with this current development team and will see no changes in that area till a new team take over.

Back
Top Bottom