PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

I recommend this game, I play ISS series since ISS PRO 98, I played European PES 2014 and Winning Eleven 2014 both Asian and Japanese version. Japanese version without patches is the closest representation of the beautiful game. No region protection and English text and commentaries.

http://www.play-asia.com/world-soccer-winning-eleven-2014/13/706nyp
someone mentioned the thing to fix in 2016 to make it superb yes the finishing has no variation especially for cpu goals and fouls fouls need to be fixed asap. i enjoy this game even with its flaws. it playz much better than fifa and thats what matters

Thanks Lami, I ordered Winning Eleven 2014 and Aoki Samurai no chousen edition last week. The Winning Eleven 2014 Jap I'm playing is digital edition and I want to own the Physical copy, I'm in love with this game. I hope Aoki Samurai no chousen edition pace is similar to Winning Eleven 2014 Jap.

I recently discovered the knuckle shot in Winning Eleven 2014 Jap, pressing square and then when the power bar is rising pressing square again, now shoots from outside the box are so satisfying, I think that pressing direction opposite to the direction you are shooting makes your shoot high, similar to Kick off system. Shooting in this game is challenging and difficult to master but more satisfying than any other PES/FIFA game.

Yeah it was an okay game in terms of aesthetics but I recall winning the world cup with south Africa and Benni McCarthy ripping teams apart as if he was Lewandowski.

It lacked severely in player attributes and the other fifa niggles imo.

For me PES 2016 is a good game albeit unpolished. I suspect the lack of game patches is what Konami are going to keep for PES2017.

historically they fixed the game to the point where it was a completely different experience from release day.

I removed both PES 2016 and PES 2015 because they were pretty average game. It's one of the games at first, you would really enjoy and then later on be grown over it. I still play PES 5 and PES 2013 all the time and I will stick with it until PES actually puts more depth on their games. Especially the defending.

PES2013 is probably the silliest PES game I've ever played, it's irrelevant how "tactically superior" it is when the fundamentals are destroyed. Everyone feels like they're on ice skates. Old man Puyol moves on the ball like Messi, turning at super-light speed. The new engine Konami is using feels kinda meh but it's nowhere near as bad in that respect.

If I remember it's also the iteration where they first removed the acceleration stat, dumbest decision ever... killed so much of the individualism. Along with shot technique, aggression... why on earth would move away from what made the franchise so successful? Terrible game.

PES5 and 2011 (for all its silly mechanics) are the most playable PES games for me, where there aren't any "broken" areas and the players feel different enough.

Last edited:
PES2013 is probably the silliest PES game I've ever played, it's irrelevant how "tactically superior" it is when the fundamentals are destroyed. Everyone feels like they're on ice skates. Old man Puyol moves on the ball like Messi, turning at super-light speed...

If I remember it's also the iteration where they first removed the acceleration stat, dumbest decision ever... killed so much of the individualism. Terrible game.

PES5 and 2011 (for all its silly mechanics) are the most playable PES games for me, where there aren't any "broken" areas and the players feel different enough.
i would say the same aswell, pretty much the least bugged games in terms of gameplay on the pitch. the least faulty games yes

Its me or traping the ball feels the same with every player? No matter how difficult the pass is, the speed your player is running, a long ball or a fast ground pass, the outcome is always the same, no matter wich player you are controlling.

Hey Lami, been playing abit of pes2014 on both pc and ps3.. im actually liking it, despite the response times - but this has gradually have improved over the patches. Unfortunately, the shooting has become increasingly more powerful along with the new patches... either way.. I have to say im really liking the ball physics and the way passing and shooting feels and sounds. Something about it seems more realistic than pes2015/16.. not sure what. Maybe the bobble... but shooting also feels better, even if not as responsive as pes2016.

oh..the question I had for you lami:
any reason why you think aoki samurai is better than the former title. Looking at play asia.com, it says we2014 came out nov 2014, while aoki samurai in may 2014... I thought it was the other way around???, ie. aoki was the last version released, hence possibly the most polished??
either way, im actually keen to buy one of these :)

Sorry to ask that...

but does this version really play so much better than PES 2014?

I mean, the vid looks nice...but how is the response, long shots and all the rest flaws that PES 2014 had?
Fast forward to 15:50 of the video.

A corner comes in, it's headed away, and the guy who picks it up at the edge of his own box presses the "pass" button (the power bar flashes up).

He's pressing sprint too, yeah, but he catches up to the ball twice after the power bar appears, and yet doesn't kick it. Instead, he nearly runs into a defender.

Kills it for me. I tried to get into the game but you can't make excuses for that, especially when your player is refusing to shoot because you happened to sprint into the box. There's no realism or simulation or "his brain processing your command" excuse for that.

You end up playing like you're playing someone online with a terrible internet connection - pressing buttons way in advance with no idea what's going to happen.

It could have been the start of something special, if 2015 was an improved version of 2014, and I can see why it's special to some people, but to answer your question, the video has plenty of evidence that it's got the same flaws.

Sorry to ask that...

but does this version really play so much better than PES 2014?

I mean, the vid looks nice...but how is the response, long shots and all the rest flaws that PES 2014 had?

Tbh I can't remember how PES plays but it shouldn't be much different. It being released much later though tells me it's a much more refined version just like WE2010 Blue Samurai was compared to PES2010. You might not notice the refinements at first as they're subtle (unless you were religiously playing PES 2014 of course) but you would later.

oh..the question I had for you lami:
any reason why you think aoki samurai is better than the former title. Looking at play asia.com, it says we2014 came out nov 2014, while aoki samurai in may 2014... I thought it was the other way around???, ie. aoki was the last version released, hence possibly the most polished??
either way, im actually keen to buy one of these :)

WE2014 was released in Nov 2013 and Aoki in May 2014 :)

That's about 7 months ahead!

... oops missed the year. Thanks for clearing that up.

Jeez, ive been spending quite a bit of time between pes14 ps3 and pc, as well as pes13 on pc. I gotta say the gameplay and variation of pes13 is pretty damn impressive.. its gotta be the most refined and developed pes of the ps3 generation. This and the manual passing and shooting totally blows pes11 out of the water. Pes11 - sorry but this is such a rigid game, and the fact there is no manual just makes it so far behind pes13. Anyways, pes 13 just really lacks in the play physics and animation department.. man are they ugly hahah. Pes14 on pc (much better than the ps3 version - probably because of the full HD, and the many patches - some of which improve gameplay and response and shooting speed) is pretty good.. no where near the gameplay of pes13 in terms of response and variation.
If only pes2013 had pes14's animations and player physics.. konami would have had it in the bag...

Just a side note though.. had a good 30mins on fifa16 on ps3 (as I was on the ps3 most of the week), and its actually pretty good. Full manual etc, and seemed to enjoy it more than fifa16 ps4.. weird...graphically - obviously its worse, but the gameplay is pretty impressive and the response is amazing :)

Back to pes16 ps4 :) haven't played it for a while. If im over it in a week, ill go back to pes13 for a while.. pc version ofcourse ;)

..while im here and totally off topic.. you gotta listen/watch this. Pes17 really needs "Ray Hudson": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRBUO4cU5MM

Best commentator ive heard in a while.. does bein sports...comes up with some great lines..

Been touting him for awhile glad you like him as well.

He had a great line in last seasons 1st El Clasico when Real Madrid beat Barca 3-1 and Pepe scored from a header. He said something like "And Pepe rises up to meet the ball like a fresh salmon out of a summer stream!" haha I was dying

PES2013 is probably the silliest PES game I've ever played, it's irrelevant how "tactically superior" it is when the fundamentals are destroyed. Everyone feels like they're on ice skates. Old man Puyol moves on the ball like Messi, turning at super-light speed. The new engine Konami is using feels kinda meh but it's nowhere near as bad in that respect.

If I remember it's also the iteration where they first removed the acceleration stat, dumbest decision ever... killed so much of the individualism. Along with shot technique, aggression... why on earth would move away from what made the franchise so successful? Terrible game.

Tbf I wouldnt blame the Koniam engine for anything, its just lack of skills/talent + resources that is making the game feel outdated (imo) in some aspects.

But despite this fact, I have to admit that PES TEAM can surprise positively at times. For ex, considering the limited financial resources and the fact that PES Team is a relative small group of developers compared to EA's team, I find particularly impressive the new collision system and the good variety of player animations/reactions in physic challenges between players.

But overall, Pes 2016 is disappointing for me.

Im not sure if its just me, but I feel like both games are stagnant. I have both games this year, I look at them and none them seem to be an ambitious project for the years to come.

They are more of the same to me. We need something that looks and plays different like Pes 2011 was back the, but obviously with much more consistency than the latter.

Last edited:
But you look at that Project Gameplay project and see what one guy can build having worked on/off for a years... it just makes PES look like a joke in terms of money spent vs quality of product.

It's sad to consider since the glory days of PES5/6 or even PES2010/11 which were decent, the game has actually gone backwards in every area except for graphics and arguably animations. ML has far less features, key stats like acceleration aren't even in the game, they're various flaws in the game's shooting system, goalkeepers, collision/fouling, individualism and what not and the online servers for PC are unusable half the time.

But you look at that Project Gameplay project and see what one guy can build having worked on/off for a years... it just makes PES look like a joke in terms of money spent vs quality of product.

It's sad to consider since the glory days of PES5/6 or even PES2010/11 which were decent, the game has actually gone backwards in every area except for graphics and arguably animations. ML has far less features, key stats like acceleration aren't even in the game, they're various flaws in the game's shooting system, goalkeepers, collision/fouling, individualism and what not and the online servers for PC are unusable half the time.

Never heard about this project gamepmay before. Tried search for it on youtube and didint find anything. Could you send me a link ?

Back
Top Bottom