PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

You only quote a small part of my post, but never mind :)
You are right, competition is a good thing and I notice that - dispite all the complaints I read here - the gameplay of Konami does well in the competition. Don't blame Konami if FIFA doesn't achieve so well as Konami in this department. The thing FIFA does well competition-wise are the online modes, like Pro-clubs mode. So that part of the competition is in FIFA's favour. The gameplay is for PES.

To answer your question: It partly does make it alright ;)

The gameplay argument is getting old, this is personal opinion on which game delivers the best footballing experience..back in the day PES did always win this argument but now it doesn't. There are far too many faults on PES that destroys what it does well.

After a proper play test FIFA's gameplay and immersion levels are light years ahead. PES has the same fundamental issues year after year since the new engine came in. A prime example is, before i sold it, in 20+ matches on ML and other offline modes I had yet to a see a penalty and could count freekicks on 10 fingers and still have spare - its ridiculous. On top of that the AI goals were getting boring majority of which bent low into the bottom corner. PES and ISS used to pride itself on variation which is now virtually gone

The couple of things that is does do better such as player models, pacing, and camera angles will be matched and probably improved by FIFA very soon I suspect.

you should see my posts in the fifa section i have made it clear that as great an overall package fifa is the AI is very robotic in its play and not enjoyable its more a sadistic way of playing trying to overcome its boosts of play

i like pes 2016 just frustrates me such a good basis for a game is not being tweaked and improved instead of throwing more kits and boots at it

The gameplay argument is getting old, this is personal opinion on which game delivers the best footballing experience..back in the day PES did always win this argument but now it doesn't. There are far too many faults on PES that destroys what it does well.

After a proper play test FIFA's gameplay and immersion levels are light years ahead. PES has the same fundamental issues year after year since the new engine came in. A prime example is, before i sold it, in 20+ matches on ML and other offline modes I had yet to a see a penalty and could count freekicks on 10 fingers and still have spare - its ridiculous. On top of that the AI goals were getting boring majority of which bent low into the bottom corner. PES and ISS used to pride itself on variation which is now virtually gone

The couple of things that is does do better such as player models, pacing, and camera angles will be matched and probably improved by FIFA very soon I suspect.

Obviously you like Fifa gameplay more that you sold your copy of PES on Ebay as you announced but that does not mean the argument is getting old. It is a matter of preference.

cant konami get away with having unlicensed player names to have their full names but missing 3 letters so its easier and quicker for us to edit?
Always wondered this - but I fear we'll never know whether it's general Konami incompetence or a fear of legal action (other games do it, have much more similar names, so I think it's the former).

I wonder how the repetitive AI low shots got past testing? How does a football game in 2015 have a bug where the CPU cannot shoot over 3ft in height? Ruining the fun for me personally i have no faith its fixed by decembers data pack in fact it wont ever be fixed i bet

Lack of resources/difficult to fix/low priority even if it did 'get past testing' which i highly doubt it's known now but the reasons there will be why you wont see it fixed

No such luck here. I got

Rafinha

Martinez

K Navas

Bartra

Adriano

Carvajal

Buenno

Parejo

Quaresma

And....

wait for it.

Jonathan Fucking Woodgate

I would have been hyped to get Navas, but that's just me. I have too many AMF/CMF types as it is. I kinda hate how we're limited when it comes to formations.

Really Keylor Navas the keeper? I have Jesus Navas and he is just sublime he develops into an absolute speed demon. Very much a key player for me.

Last edited:
I mean we don't really need to listen to someone ramble for too long to point out the faults in the game we're currently playing ;)

We already know what we like and don't like about it.

I mean we don't really need to listen to someone ramble for too long to point out the faults in the game we're currently playing ;)

same hear getting tired of hearing no fouls and AI low shots, as well as a few other things, im more annoyed about the AI low shots than the fouls to be honest that needs to be fixed, also if they tinker with fouls, theres a chance that the flow of the game will be broken, and then ul hear people complain again, too many fouls, fouls are broken. in the end i need my footy fix and PES does it for me, if i listened to the negativity i wouldnt be playing any football games.

Also, you should create a new thread of what to expect from PES 2017, to save people from buying the game if they dont like the negatives of PES, obviously theres a trend of constant fuck ups by konami and people should be aware of it, only fair for people shelling out there hard worked money to by a game thats only 80% finished, if all the PES forums joined together and created a thread of the negatives that are constantly in PES, maybe konami will listen and try rectify there problems cos at the moment i dont think we are loud enough for them to listen. Sales are effected when the voice is loud, atm its not.

Last edited:
I just don't think this Fox Engine is ever going to do what it's supposed to do. It was supposed to create dynamic gameplay, dynamic physics, realtime decision making.

Where...is...any of this?

Scrap the engine, work off of the previous engine of PES 2013 and improve. Or just have a complete overhaul. Focus on tactics as a measure to get animations to work correctly, not the other way around. Use the fundamentals of the beautiful game FIRST versus building from isolated animations and scenarios.

It pained me to delete PES from my steam account. I really was hoping for the best of this engine, but it's failed me again. It's very sad because the nostalgia of PES is still so very strong.

I just don't think this Fox Engine is ever going to do what it's supposed to do. It was supposed to create dynamic gameplay, dynamic physics, realtime decision making.

Scrap the engine, work off of the previous engine of PES 2013 and improve. Or just have a complete overhaul. Focus on tactics as a measure to get animations to work correctly, not the other way around. Use the fundamentals of the beautiful game FIRST versus building from isolated animations and scenarios.

It pained me to delete PES from my steam account. I really was hoping for the best of this engine, but it's failed me again. It's very sad because the nostalgia of PES is still so very strong.

they never brought back PES 5- PES 6 feel. this just isnt that. you play one game with 2016 and one game with an older version and its day and night, 2016 doesnt have those essential elements that made u jump out of your seat

same hear getting tired of hearing no fouls and AI low shots, as well as a few other things, im more annoyed about the AI low shots than the fouls to be honest that needs to be fixed, also if they tinker with fouls, theres a chance that the flow of the game will be broken, and then ul hear people complain again, too many fouls, fouls are broken. in the end i need my footy fix and PES does it for me, if i listened to the negativity i wouldnt be playing any football games.

Also, you should create a new thread of what to expect from PES 2017, to save people from buying the game if they dont like the negatives of PES, obviously theres a trend of constant fuck ups by konami and people should be aware of it, only fair for people shelling out there hard worked money to by a game thats only 80% finished, if all the PES forums joined together and created a thread of the negatives that are constantly in PES, maybe konami will listen and try rectify there problems cos at the moment i dont think we are loud enough for them to listen. Sales are effected when the voice is loud, atm its not.

its nothing like that guys but whatever. u judge before u know what it is. :P
but imo if uve listened to wenb podcasts and read feedbacks wich praised the heck out of this game at release, then this worth a go too.
it was a good listening but also a bit makes u said about the possible future of PES.

i just think its a must for old timers, PSX-PS2 PES lovers

Last edited:

Some remarks on this:
- The gameplay argument cannot be denied by getting old. That is a very weak answer. The argument is still valid, old or not.

- You said you properly gametested FIFA: What did you believe it was years ahead on PES? I play both games and my conclusion is the opposite.
I have the feeling it is more an emotional motivation of you, because you are disappointed by PES for some reason.

- You said you properly gametested FIFA: What did you believe it was years ahead on PES? I play both games and my conclusion is the opposite.
I have the feeling it is more an emotional motivation of you, because you are disappointed by PES for some reason.
I'm sure he feels the same about your opinion (being an "emotional motivation")... Nobody is truly unbiased (nobody here, at least) and every opinion is subjective.

If someone plays a game for hours (i.e. "properly game-tests" it), and likes it, for reasons that are real and that they can list, who are you (or anyone) to say that they're wrong?

I hate Konami for the mistakes they've made (repeatedly) and can't enjoy the game due to the mad scorelines I experience, but I accept that there's more variation game-to-game. I love EA for the things they try to do (the game engine, particularly the physics, is pretty spectacular), but it's a frustrating game where all teams play with similar patterns and accuracy.

I'd like to think that's pretty unbiased, but realistically, it isn't...

Last edited:
I agree with your post Chris. I'm certainly biased pro PES (although IMO EA think more about their customers).

Nevertheless when i read that post i had a very negative reaction towards it. It' s the choice of words...'ive gametested', that sounds pretty professional and some sort of way to tell: "to end all discussion, here is the definite opinion".

I know that it's almost sure that my reaction is very subjective and emotional, but that is the way this thread tends to become every single year (and the main reason for that is Konami and their sloppyness).

I've come to the point where i'm thinking of giving up on PES2016. In my ML as Atletico Madrid i had to play Sevilla. I have a team spirit of 79 and Sevilla have 91. I have no chance at all against them. This is not realistic and the way i loose is infuriating (i've replayed the match 5 times). Once Godin (in real life and excellent defender) walk around the ball in order to let Sevilla score... I don't mind loosing but i want to loose because the computes is good or because i'm bad, not because my players refuse to do what i want them to do. This is extremely frustrating.

I decided to start a league now and see if this makes the gameplay better and more fair...

Otherwise i'll try FIFA (my kidss play it) and will buy NBA2K16 (imo the ultimate sports franchise, the endless PES-FIFA discussions are uttely pointless when you play this game even if i'm not enough of a basket expert to play it like it should be played).

Hitman, don't take this personal, i was not attacking you, only that last post and one word in it, which is perhaps unfair..if so, i apologize.

No offence taken mate. I'm a long standing PES player for best part of 20 years , it just frustrates me how poor konami have become.
Regarding the play testing I'm 3/4 the way through my first CM as Liverpool and I'm still loving it..Maybe it just has the factors that are important to me as a player.Iteam reminds me of the very early PES 1/2 games when scoring a goal is very satisfying

they never brought back PES 5- PES 6 feel. this just isnt that. you play one game with 2016 and one game with an older version and its day and night, 2016 doesnt have those essential elements that made u jump out of your seat

I think you are right about that. The reality is though, PES 5/6 did not have everything all that correct fundamentally either though. What they did correctly was get the FEEL of the game down. It understood flow, and physics - and the dynamic gameplay because the ball was treated as a separate entity.

PES went backwards, from PES 2008 being the biggest culprit, to PES 2014 with the Fox Engine bringing such a heavy feel of the players, and clunky.

If KONAMI want to get it right, focus on the ball itself as the element of proper weight - and work from there with the tactics. No more of this perfectly struck pass and shot thing. In PES 2016, every strike - from USER or CPU - looks and feels the same. A perfectly struck shot, narrowly missing. This is not realistic whatsoever as most players, even the best out there, will often scuff or mis-kick the ball many times in a match. It's the result of those poor touches that create the dynamic gameplay - and what made PES 3-6 gain the approval of so many die-hard PES fans.

I'm sure he feels the same about your opinion (being an "emotional motivation")... Nobody is truly unbiased (nobody here, at least) and every opinion is subjective.

If someone plays a game for hours (i.e. "properly game-tests" it), and likes it, for reasons that are real and that they can list, who are you (or anyone) to say that they're wrong?

I hate Konami for the mistakes they've made (repeatedly) and can't enjoy the game due to the mad scorelines I experience, but I accept that there's more variation game-to-game. I love EA for the things they try to do (the game engine, particularly the physics, is pretty spectacular), but it's a frustrating game where all teams play with similar patterns and accuracy.

I'd like to think that's pretty unbiased, but realistically, it isn't...

In my opinion physics in Pes 2016 is much better than Fifa 16. Havok pshysics engine in Pes looks great. How people can like football game with awful players models? How? :BLINK: In Fifa players model looks terrible. They looks like puppet not humans. Bleeee:BLEH: They looks terrible, feel terrible and all players feel exactly the same.

Last edited:
So, what are the chances Konami patch in the simple fix for the Master League all night fixtures bug? 5%? What are the chances they even realize it's a problem?

Its a great point matt and one i will make big noises about once again for 2017

I've spoken about this every year since 2014. PES 2014-2016 ALL suffer the same issue in regards to responsiveness which gives that feeling you spoke of where every pass/shot is dead straight.

I always used the example that on PES 2011-13, you just tap the sprint button and the player instantly reacts and does a quick step, on PES 2014-16, you have to hold the sprint button to get him moving.

To summarise Konami since moving to the fox engine have worked on everything that PPES 2013 could do and have lost and not worked on the movement responsiveness aspects from previous games.

In my opinion physics in Pes 2016 is much better than Fifa 16. Havok pshysics engine in Pes looks great. How people can like football game with awful players models? How? :BLINK: In Fifa players model looks terrible. They looks like puppet not humans. Bleeee:BLEH: They looks terrible, feel terrible and all players feel exactly the same.

Player models don't look terrible, and there are obvious differences with players ..as a Liverpool fan playing CM there is a huge difference between cann and cortinho as there is between Sakho and moreano..it's same as saying all teams in fifa play the same ..they don't. .it's a totally different experience playing against Chelsea compared to Southampton as an example.. on the other side on the highest level when playing PES every team will look to cut inside and try and bend it bottom corner far post

PES 2016 Data Pack 2 Coming December 3rd

Data Pack 2
Konami
PES 2016

You won’t have to wait long for the second data pack as Konami have revealed that Data Pack 2 will be released for PES 2016 on December 3rd.

The new data pack will include the remaining transfers which were left out of the first data pack, as well as new content including 8 new pairs of boots, two match balls, player faces and the Maracanã Stadium. A new title update will also be available on the same day which include a new myClub lobby which allows you to play against your friends.

Remember the free-to-play version we reported on? Well that has been confirmed to be released on December 8th via the Japanese PSN Store. It will include myClub, Exhibition and Training mode.

Back
Top Bottom