PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

played fifa a lot, and now i am facing difficulties with defending in PES. is it possible to change 'com pressure' from 'B' to 'RB' without changing of other button? when i change that, those buttons got changed in attack too. i want it same like fifa. is there any way?
Unfortunately not.

Exhibition games are amazing in terms of player individuality and range of animations, but once I load up my League, the gameplay is reductive in comparison (you can see proof of this in replays, where there are constantly skipped animation frames and transitions).

The input response is more instant in exhibition mode as well. To play PES 2016 in it's best form possible, delete the System Data file before loading up the game. For God-knows-what reason, the game plays better. This is the fix I mentioned some time ago, it works great until you save a game and come back to it. But you really feel that 'freer' and more off the rails vibe from the game just like in the demo, even in modes such as League etc.

Where the high shots from AI from ground shots, or volleys, half volleys? I only had high shots from AI from volleys, half volleys..

I also,never had rainy games in Champions League outside exhibition.

One was from a hurried shot from the ground which went by the upright at the same height as the crossbar and the other two were half volleys.

I'm only playing Master league which is very scripted,

Exhibition games are amazing in terms of player individuality and range of animations, but once I load up my League, the gameplay is reductive in comparison (you can see proof of this in replays, where there are constantly skipped animation frames and transitions).

The input response is more instant in exhibition mode as well. To play PES 2016 in it's best form possible, delete the System Data file before loading up the game. For God-knows-what reason, the game plays better. This is the fix I mentioned some time ago, it works great until you save a game and come back to it. But you really feel that 'freer' and more off the rails vibe from the game just like in the demo, even in modes such as League etc.

I think we'd all have to restart our ML and league campaigns and any competitions we had before the patch for patch to take effect. I think old saves have stored old code and formations etc.

Two months have passed after the release date and they STILL did not fix the manual bug online.

The PES franchise needs to be sold to another company as soon as possible:

Please Konami, quit the gaming market, please.

Mines on Ebay now. It's infuriating that a company is allowed to sell a product that is still outdated 3 months after release , and I'm only guessing it will be fixed by December. On top of that there are stil a whole load of gameplay issues that were there in 2015 version

I think we'd all have to restart our ML and league campaigns and any competitions we had before the patch for patch to take effect. I think old saves have stored old code and formations etc.

I agree with you there, any effect would be on new competitions only.

I recommend trying this out though, separately from your existing saves, it's quick and I really noticed a difference.

To me, it demonstrates how close Konami are to a brilliant game. In fact, there is one there already, but only conditionally, like deleting System Data etc.

I think i've had enough now.

There's a lot of good in this game, The league mode I have played with European international teams was great, it felt fun and challenging. I also played a lot of online divisions at the start with manual filters, but eventually I had enough as the game plays too different online, not necessarily worse but it just isn't quite the same, quicker and less responsive by the slightest amount but enough for it to affect me, moreso as a -1 player offline.

Then I started Master League. The way ML works now is great but Team Spirit is ridiculous and changes what is very good gampeplay in other modes completely for the worse. I was playing 15 minute games in league mode because of the lack of goals in 10 min matches, but in ML even 10 min matches can feel ridiculously long when you've scored 4 in the opening half hour. Unless there are changes in the way that Team Spirit works I can't go back to Master League (or MyClub for that matter).

Instead I go back to league mode and play the English leagues thinking it'll work out as well as my international league mode did but the teams are so badly set up that it's like playing against a bunch of mongos every other game. also the AI is increidbly slow minded you can rob the ball off them with ease at goal kicks and throw ins etc. I's just not fun.

I really can't be bothered to change all of the tactics before the data update knowing they will all be reset, even then I don't know if i can be bothered to do it, it's ridiculous that I even have to do it to enjoy the game.

So now, it's November, we don't even have the 2015-16 squads and I no longer want to play a game that I think is mostly great and actually I and have enjoyed. The game could easily be fixed and made near-perfect by such little changes but we all know it's not going to happen.

Konami just don't have the same pride and passion as the PES team, I can't imagine how ood this game would be in every aspect if the PES team were given the backing and resources they deserve.

I just can't get into this game anymore. The fox engine has royally irked me. I think the animations are clunky and the player models just poor. The ball moves as if on a string, it just doesn't "feel" right. Am I the only one here? Sorry, just thinking out loud. Disappointed in this series ever since they went away from PES 2013.

Found another bug in the game. If you sim myclub games you pick it up.

I have goalkeepers playing LMF and CMF position and both have their stamina as if they played in goals.

Makes me wonder if stamina matters at all. The way people play spamming the R1 button tells me they don't at all.

I just can't get into this game anymore. The fox engine has royally irked me. I think the animations are clunky and the player models just poor. The ball moves as if on a string, it just doesn't "feel" right. Am I the only one here? Sorry, just thinking out loud. Disappointed in this series ever since they went away from PES 2013.

Nope I feel the same. Don't feel I have a right to comment much on this thread as I've probably only played 20 games altogether. I played it a bit to begin with, then waited and waited and :YAWN: waited and :ZZZ: waited for the update. When it came I played a game and half and then decided to go back to PES 2013.

I'm still reading this thread everyday hoping and waiting that an update comes out that completely changes the game. But when I keep reading of scores which includes 8-6' s and 9-8's it puts me right off. I'm enjoying 2013 now, it has its problems but the positives far out weigh the negatives. :))

PES 2013 is more weird in those stuff you mention, imo.

ya man, players models are bad especially if you look at the ones in Fifa ;)

Last edited:
What? FIFA has worse player model, I don't know why people are getting like 6-4 or 4-4 scores. Is the gameplay on consoles different to PC? cause I play on PC and always get tight 1-0, 2-1 scores. I don't even play full manuals at the moment, I use pass support OFF and basic shooting, 12 minute game.

Still, I do agree that the gameplay is just not right, the game needs more fouls (a lot more) , more pass and shot error from the AI, just make it more realistic. PES 2013 is still the best for me, and I still play it at the moment, more than 2016.

I like the gameplay on FIFA 16, but I just can't get in to the robotic gestures of the players, not to mention that it feels the same no matter what team you play with, every match just feels the same on FIFA.

What? FIFA has worse player model, I don't know why people are getting like 6-4 or 4-4 scores. Is the gameplay on consoles different to PC? cause I play on PC and always get tight 1-0, 2-1 scores. I don't even play full manuals at the moment, I use pass support OFF and basic shooting, 12 minute game.

Still, I do agree that the gameplay is just not right, the game needs more fouls (a lot more) , more pass and shot error from the AI, just make it more realistic. PES 2013 is still the best for me, and I still play it at the moment, more than 2016.

I like the gameplay on FIFA 16, but I just can't get in to the robotic gestures of the players, not to mention that it feels the same no matter what team you play with, every match just feels the same on FIFA.

Of course I am just kidding my friend. Despite all the flaws everyone is pointing out on PES 2016, I think the game play, players models and animations etc. is just better. I don't know even how I could player model in PES be bad or worse than fifa

and animations etc. is just better.
pes certianly has better player models but animations its not even close - and gameplay is a matter of opinion. I owned both and sold PES ..poor refs, next to no fouls, limited AI attacking and shooting mechanics does not equate to good gameplay in my books

This may be a tad off topic but just thought Id post this:

Word of warning about muliface packs (large ones) - theres is one out with 1100 faces, ive downloaded and you basicly you get 1100 faces with many poorly converted ones that crash the game, went into edit mode and it crashed on varying faces.

Id suggest making your own collection from trusted sources (patches and downloading only from face makers releases), seems these large pack makers who are not the face makers are spewing out quantity over quality in terms of any proper testing (they are just multi converting without full testing - IE: how can they test every face if its a batch of over 1000??), not worth the ball ache.

I knew that this would happen.
On the one hand it's good that we don't have to pay. I hope they do it right now. But can they do it right? To have the correct squads they need to wait 2 or 3 weeks before the tournament. This will be seen by most fans as too late. If they go gold earlier they will have to guess the squads...hope they do this rather accurate. An example about Belgium: with a squad without Daniël Van Buyten (who retired).

On the other hand, for me it's not enough compensation for all that went wrong.

Last edited:
I knew that this would happen.
On the one hand it's good that we don't have to pay. I hope they do it right now. But can they do it right? To have the correct squads they need to wait 2 or 3 weeks before the tournament. This will be seen by most fans as too late. If they go gold earlier they will have to guess the squads...hope they do this rather accurate. An example about Belgium: with a squad without Daniël Van Buyten (who retired).

On the other hand, for me it's not enough compensation for all that went wrong.

isnt the squads announced about a month before the tourny? and some final changes being made in the last week if an injury happens?
Konami really needs to give money to PP to implement live updates to all modes like FIFA has

If there's no gameplay changes, I don't really see the point in it, free or otherwise. All it represents to me is kits and a squad update (and we know how those end up).

If they'd taken a leaf out of EA's book and created a separate game with updated gameplay, I'd be interested - but I don't think they've got an infrastructure that allows it.

(I guess they're giving something for free, and that's something to be grateful for - it's just not going to bring anything to the game that will genuinely improve it, in my eyes.)

Last edited:
isnt the squads announced about a month before the tourny? and some final changes being made in the last week if an injury happens?
Konami really needs to give money to PP to implement live updates to all modes like FIFA has
"Each national team has to submit a squad of 23 players, three of whom must be goalkeepers, at least ten days before the opening match of the tournament. If a player is injured or ill severely enough to prevent his participation in the tournament before his team's first match, he can be replaced by another player."

Back
Top Bottom