PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

thx majuh

If there's no gameplay changes, I don't really see the point in it, free or otherwise. All it represents to me is kits and a squad update (and we know how those end up).

If they'd taken a leaf out of EA's book and created a separate game with updated gameplay, I'd be interested - but I don't think they've got an infrastructure that allows it.

(I guess they're giving something for free, and that's something to be grateful for - it's just not going to bring anything to the game that will genuinely improve it, in my eyes.)

neither do i want to :RANT: on them. its like your lazy kid make his room finally, you wont rant on him/her because he didnt make the whole house. its a good start

but my main concernt is the same, i dont like the gameplay. shooting, passing, lack of stats..there is no trace of player ID in those

about the EURO license... are they releasing a stand alone game for EURO2016 or will they do a massive update on the current PES2016? The way they do things maybe we could expect them release the game or the update by next Christmas.

What? FIFA has worse player model, I don't know why people are getting like 6-4 or 4-4 scores. Is the gameplay on consoles different to PC? cause I play on PC and always get tight 1-0, 2-1 scores. I don't even play full manuals at the moment, I use pass support OFF and basic shooting, 12 minute game.

I think I know why we get those crazy high scores. I think a lot of ppl online play with full assist on passing and shooting, creating a very ping pong effect of crazy fast passes which makes it very very hard to defend. So naturally they will score a lot of gols. At the same time these ppl are usually not good at the game so they can't defend worth a damn so you they allow a ton of gols themselves. I've encountered this quite a bit. This is a big reason I don't play the game that much anymore, mostly vs friends I know online. When I plan them the games are very competitive with low realistic scores.

WTF? :SHOCK:

pes-2016-konami-free-to-play_zgrw.png

Source: http://pt.ign.com/pro-evolution-soc...s/konami-a-preparar-versao-gratis-de-pes-2016

about the EURO license... are they releasing a stand alone game for EURO2016 or will they do a massive update on the current PES2016? The way they do things maybe we could expect them release the game or the update by next Christmas.

No, it will be exactly the same as their 'World Challenge Mode' they did 2 years ago for PES 2014

I really don't expect much, just an added tournament with bad adboards, 1 new wallpaper and, well nothing. I bet most of the teams still wont be licensed anyway.

No, it will be exactly the same as their 'World Challenge Mode' they did 2 years ago for PES 2014

I really don't expect much, just an added tournament with bad adboards, 1 new wallpaper and, well nothing. I bet most of the teams still wont be licensed anyway.

My last finger tell me this cup will be cost only on steam.... Again!

I think this PES 2016 Free to Play is similar to what Konami has done earlier this year, a MyClub-only version of PES, which would make sense for them (microtransactions, etc). That specific game was only released in Japan, IIRC.

Not necessarily. I haven't spent a cent and have a squad of 60odd 80+ players and Luis Enrique, Guardiola, Someone, and 2 other good coaches. Sitting in divisions 5 and 8 and can literally beat any team.

Not necessarily. I haven't spent a cent and have a squad of 60odd 80+ players and Luis Enrique, Guardiola, Someone, and 2 other good coaches. Sitting in divisions 5 and 8 and can literally beat any team.

To be honest I preferred it last year took a lot longer to get the better coaches and players, and you got play against a lot of unknown players, this year u can get a superstar team pretty quick, it's a bit of turn off.

I hadn't played MyClub for over a month, turned it on yesterday and had 100,000 GP waiting for me from various events. A hundred fucking thousand.

Along with that, there was the "El Classico" sale (or whatever they call it) - and by the way, people were tweeting praise about this sale to Adam and co. saying "this is brilliant, it's making me play the game again".

In the "El Classico" sale, you pay the normal 10,000 GP, and have a 44% chance of getting a rare, brilliant player.

I've played less than 10 matches in MyClub, and my average player rating is now about 83.

Where's the fun in that?

The game isn't geared towards us any more, it's aimed at the FIFA Ultimate Team morons who tune into Twitch feeds of people opening virtual packs of cards for their evening's entertainment, who don't bother starting in the "bronze" or "silver" events and pump in their credit card numbers and buy themselves a team of superstars before a ball is kicked.

That free 100,000 GP is to make you go "wow, I've nearly got the perfect team now - damn, my manager rating is too low, now I need a new manager - oh look, you can't buy those with GP, you have to spend real money to get them (that is NOT A COINCIDENCE, shame on you Konami) - now I've spent £4.99 and got myself a manager, I could use a better defender, but I'm out of GP now, I'll just buy myself some more"...

Gaming has gone to the dogs, really, hasn't it.

I hadn't played MyClub for over a month, turned it on yesterday and had 100,000 GP waiting for me from various events. A hundred fucking thousand.

Along with that, there was the "El Classico" sale (or whatever they call it) - and by the way, people were tweeting praise about this sale to Adam and co. saying "this is brilliant, it's making me play the game again".

In the "El Classico" sale, you pay the normal 10,000 GP, and have a 44% chance of getting a rare, brilliant player.

I've played less than 10 matches in MyClub, and my average player rating is now about 83.

Where's the fun in that?

The game isn't geared towards us any more, it's aimed at the FIFA Ultimate Team morons who tune into Twitch feeds of people opening virtual packs of cards for their evening's entertainment, who don't bother starting in the "bronze" or "silver" events and pump in their credit card numbers and buy themselves a team of superstars before a ball is kicked.

That free 100,000 GP is to make you go "wow, I've nearly got the perfect team now - damn, my manager rating is too low, now I need a new manager - oh look, you can't buy those with GP, you have to spend real money to get them (that is NOT A COINCIDENCE, shame on you Konami) - now I've spent £4.99 and got myself a manager, I could use a better defender, but I'm out of GP now, I'll just buy myself some more"...

Gaming has gone to the dogs, really, hasn't it.

This post sums up exactly why I don't play MyClub. In fact, I'm beginning to regret buying a PS+ subscription, it's getting so little use.

This post sums up exactly why I don't play MyClub. In fact, I'm beginning to regret buying a PS+ subscription, it's getting so little use.
Ditto. I rarely play online, and the free games are terrible (much prefer the EA Access route on the Xbox One, at least you get decent games - hopefully the indie bubble has now well and truly burst given the amount of shite you can get on both consoles now that nobody will ever pay for).

Yeah, the El Clasico agents are pretty crazy. I opened 3 the other day, and got Rakitic and G.Higuain back to back. 86 and 87 rated, respectively.

It'll be the same when we get to the knockout stage in the UCL. 10,000 GP every day, and guaranteed black balls. This is all to placate the FUTers who are used to being able to buy any player they want.

Honestly, I was more excited to get Robinho than any of the high rated players I pulled lol.

Last edited:
I wonder how the repetitive AI low shots got past testing? How does a football game in 2015 have a bug where the CPU cannot shoot over 3ft in height? Ruining the fun for me personally i have no faith its fixed by decembers data pack in fact it wont ever be fixed i bet

I wonder how the repetitive AI low shots got past testing? How does a football game in 2015 have a bug where the CPU cannot shoot over 3ft in height? Ruining the fun for me personally i have no faith its fixed by decembers data pack in fact it wont ever be fixed i bet
Of course it won't ever be fixed. Konami don't even acknowledge it, hell, a lot of consumers don't seem to care as well. Great reviews, best of show awards. This is the biggest game breaker to me.

Online players don't complain about it, so konami don't give a fuck and probably won't fix it...

Yeah, the El Clasico agents are pretty crazy. I opened 3 the other day, and got Rakitic and G.Higuain back to back. 86 and 87 rated, respectively.

It'll be the same when we get to the knockout stage in the UCL. 10,000 GP every day, and guaranteed black balls. This is all to placate the FUTers who are used to being able to buy any player they want.

Honestly, I was more excited to get Robinho than any of the high rated players I pulled lol.

No such luck here. I got
Rafinha
Martinez
K Navas
Bartra
Adriano
Carvajal
Buenno
Parejo
Quaresma
And....

wait for it.

Jonathan Fucking Woodgate

yea not seen many complain about it but still when the team are playing it testing stuff surely they would notice? in fact i think its like that for a reason maybe its because the AI otherwise would never score

You can complain whatever you want, but compared with FIFA the AI is miles better. In fact, it is the best gameplay ever. Of course, there is always something to improve but tell me, ever seen a football game without flaws?
It is just very hard to make a good football game and I think Konami still managed to make one :)

Does that make it alright?!

I thought competition was supposed to be a good thing, not provide a get-out clause...

You only quote a small part of my post, but never mind :)
You are right, competition is a good thing and I notice that - dispite all the complaints I read here - the gameplay of Konami does well in the competition. Don't blame Konami if FIFA doesn't achieve so well as Konami in this department. The thing FIFA does well competition-wise are the online modes, like Pro-clubs mode. So that part of the competition is in FIFA's favour. The gameplay is for PES.

To answer your question: It partly does make it alright ;)

Last edited:
You right Han Konami PR disaster apart this game played well ON and OFFLINE

I had a game against a chap on Sunday morning. Finals of online competition and I picked my strongest squad. Something I don't usually do but I noticed my opponents all had above level 3 teams. The guy in the final had a very decent team with one or 2 high profile players. I regretted having the team I did as he controlled the match well. I won 3-0 but only had 3 shots on target. With a Frontline of Messi, Neymar and Suarez and DE Bruyne and Toure behind them I felt I got lucky.

I sent him a message to tell him this. He controlled midfield well and even pipped me in the possession stakes which I very very seldom get.

Back
Top Bottom