PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

After some CL games with the following settings, I honestly think that this game online is such a waste of time compared to the ABSOLUTELY MARVELOUS experience you can get offline.

Top level
Manual passing
Manual shooting
-1 gamespeed
Champions League

Someone mentioned on wenb how the online gameplay seems to be a "downgraded" version of offline gameplay and Im starting to believe that this might be true.

I have been seeing some beautiful stuff, new animations that I never saw online, even the physical battle seem to be downgraded, players are far too easily dispossed online, while offline players better use their arms and body to keep possession.

For me PES 2016 offline, on the setting above and CL, is indeed the best football game ever made, despite some clear problems.

I dont think any game can be remotely comparable to what Pes 2016 can provide in terms of unpredictability and how well it captures the drama of an important match. Pes 2016 is above any other PES on these two aspects and its way, way above of Fifa, its not even funny.

I wish I had patience and more knowledge to describe it in details and more accuratly tho.

Yessssss☝

Server (PES) peer_peer to peer
Thiiiiiiis

backward and primitive system

This causes Laaaaq and cheater

After some CL games with the following settings, I honestly think that this game online is such a waste of time compared to the ABSOLUTELY MARVELOUS experience you can get offline.

Top level
Manual passing
Manual shooting
-1 gamespeed
Champions League

Someone mentioned on wenb how the online gameplay seems to be a "downgraded" version of offline gameplay and Im starting to believe that this might be true.

I have been seeing some beautiful stuff, new animations that I never saw online, even the physical battle seem to be downgraded, players are far too easily dispossed online, while offline players better use their arms and body to keep possession.

For me PES 2016 offline, on the setting above and CL, is indeed the best football game ever made, despite some clear problems.

I dont think any game can be remotely comparable to what Pes 2016 can provide in terms of unpredictability and how well it captures the drama of an important match. Pes 2016 is above any other PES on these two aspects and its way, way above of Fifa, its not even funny.

I wish I had patience and more knowledge to describe it in details and more accuratly tho.

Should play a ML with those settings, will take your experience to another level again especially the brasilian league, unfortunately online is broken, i played a few games with some randoms and they constantly double pressure you, players dont get penalized for that and until konami fixes that issue, i wont even bother playing, unless i hook up with a few guys from here.

It's a fact that they do, plenty of people have reported this down the years, and this year as well on various forums. I cannot play PES 2016 with the kits installed, the whole experience is ruined by strange split second delays in response. On the other hand, the game is a lot of fun without kits in, the turning animations are noticeably smoother and naturally animated for instance.

I have tried this and I notice that the animations are jerky and not as smooth as without kits. Uninstalled them so slightly disappointed but then again I never really used kits as edit in game normally.

I have tried this and I notice that the animations are jerky and not as smooth as without kits. Uninstalled them so slightly disappointed but then again I never really used kits as edit in game normally.

you dont edit in game? arsenal in orange?

you dont edit in game? arsenal in orange?

Well, it's either great gameplay or visual authenticity, Konami make you choose. They should have adapted their coding framework to accommodate kit image files within the game's structure.

I find playing PES 2016 a gradually depressing experience with the kits installed, I think it actually affects my general wellbeing over a number of games! So I think I have to choose to not play it. If there were more licenses in the game, I could deal with the lack of kit importing, but this year Konami lost even more.

You could do some editing ingame without importing kit image files (that is what I think to do)?

Do the club emblems (imported as image files) also affect gameplayin your opinion or only the kits?

i just played an exhibition using bayern munich. wow, the whole team feels so op, robben is faster than anybody else and the defence is so strong, midfield also wins all the 50-50s

You could do some editing ingame without importing kit image files (that is what I think to do)?

Do the club emblems (imported as image files) also affect gameplayin your opinion or only the kits?

Haven't checked on purely the emblems, but really, I don't have the time to edit the kits myself, especially considering the end product is so underwhelming compared to amazing HD kits this year that I have been using.

I might just play some master league within a continental licensed league, but then you have to contend with European and domestic cup matches against putrid looking fake kitted teams. Oh well, what can you do.

and editing ingame don't affect gameplay?

Correct. The tools involved for editing in-game are native to the application, so it makes no difference to the in-game experience.

So long as you don't import images external to PES, it manages to hold itself together. I've tested this extensively.

Correct. The tools involved for editing in-game are native to the application, so it makes no difference to the in-game experience.

So long as you don't import images external to PES, it manages to hold itself together. I've tested this extensively.

thanks, so import club emblems and competition logos will also affect it in your opinion?

I really hate the fact that all the cup games are at night, while the game looks lovely during a daytime match on PS4 at night it looks like a PS2 game with horrible washed out lighting. What reason do Konami have for restricting the cups to night? You cant play a realistic world cup type tourament anymore.

i love the game so much and i don't have any complain but only the night matches...

i fully agree with you: day games are so nice and night games are graphically so bad....

I am not convinced that kits affect anything sorry. Why not make a video because I sure as hell can't see anything.

I've only recently noticed it. It would be very difficult to post a video as what I've experienced it is lack of smoothness when the imported kits are installed I think this would be difficult to capture via video. When they are not installed however I found the animations, when I control a player, to be more fluid as opposed to the slightly jerky and erratic animations with installed kits. But it is not that obvious. I went back and fourth between installed and vanilla many times playing the same game same settings to test it. Their is a difference.

Should play a ML with those settings, will take your experience to another level again especially the brasilian league, unfortunately online is broken, i played a few games with some randoms and they constantly double pressure you, players dont get penalized for that and until konami fixes that issue, i wont even bother playing, unless i hook up with a few guys from here.

Do you play with the original squad or with the crap ML players ?

I was playing with the ML fictitious players and I was not enjoying it very much playing on superstar.

Im going to give it a try at top player, seems to be more fair on top player.

I find some interesting stuff in classig players teams, some ones have their callnames (if you licence it)
Leyendas.png

These players have his own callnames, and maybe appears in MyClub Classic players in the future:

David Beckham
Paul Scholes
Luis Figo
Filippo Inzaghi
Oliver Kahn
Hidetoshi Nakata
Roberto Baggio

illuminati%2Bconfirmed.png

what do you think?

I really hate the fact that all the cup games are at night, while the game looks lovely during a daytime match on PS4 at night it looks like a PS2 game with horrible washed out lighting. What reason do Konami have for restricting the cups to night? You cant play a realistic world cup type tourament anymore.

After absolutely loving this game, I feel gutted that I don't think I will be able to play a master league on it this year after starting one today. This is partly because of the vast difference in how it looks at night, where you are forced to play almost your entirety of games and the ease of scoring when you get a player that can make space for himself

So far I have played with smaller teams in exhibition mode. When you have two teams where the players between teams are balanced and forwards aren't quick enough to get away from defenders the game plays great. If you select a few of the stadiums through the day it looks amazing.

Unfortunately the new weather system removes even more games from the master league played in sunshine and makes virtually every game look bleak and washed out

Then I bought a couple of forwards who had a bit more about them and the game was ruined with me being able to run from kick off and score from outside the box and goals from anywhere else seemed to lose any joy as most shots go in

I have asked for them to unlock selection of time of day in master league and cups on Twitter. If they did this and reduced shooting and increased the tenacity that players challenge you for the ball to stop running through them easily, this could be a brilliant game

I find some interesting stuff in classig players teams, some ones have their callnames (if you licence it)
Leyendas.png

These players have his own callnames, and maybe appears in MyClub Classic players in the future:

David Beckham
Paul Scholes
Luis Figo
Filippo Inzaghi
Oliver Kahn
Hidetoshi Nakata
Roberto Baggio

illuminati%2Bconfirmed.png

what do you think?

There is no Beckham or Scholes in the PAL version, only Figo, inzaghi, Baggio, Kahn and Nakata.

I would be fascinated to see your data... seriously. Please post the results of your tests. Because others have tested this extensively and come to the opposite conclusion. Including - for what it's worth - people who work for Konami (who heard about this crap years ago and checked it out, just in case).

Look, I'm not trying to be snarky, but every year there are a couple of people trying to spread this stuff, and like it's a bloody plague. One game of PES is completely different to another, we all know that, right? Sometimes it's smooth as cream, other times you feel like you're playing on a swamp in a tornado. Same teams, same conditions, everything. It's all part of the "magic" of PES. Now, there are countless people here - as there are every year - telling you that what you're experiencing is just this kind of fluctuation in gameplay, and they've noticed no consistent problems with imported kits. None whatsoever. People like me, who are ancient, and have been playing PES games since the 1990s, and have heard this stuff year after year...

It's a fact that they do, plenty of people have reported this down the years...

Well, a very small minority have "reported" this... and they've all been wrong. And what's more, lots of them have made completely nonsensical claims like "it defaults to a beta version" or "there are fewer animations" which just makes it clear that they have absolutely no idea what the hell they're talking about. I'm not exactly a top programmer, but I know enough about how computer games work to tell you right now, this stuff is garbage. It's not "a fact" at all.

What is POSSIBLE is that the game could become more sluggish and maybe slightly less responsive - nothing more than that - because of the strain of dealing with imported images, but this would only really make sense if the kits were a.) higher res than the in-game kits, or b.) in a different format. I'm pretty sure that b.) is not true, and I don't know about a.) (we've all noticed that imported kits look fuzzier in-game than native kits, and I dunno what's going on there). But the console loads the kits at the beginning of the game - I'm pretty sure it doesn't keep having to read them from the hard drive - so in theory even this shouldn't be a problem. And indeed, it doesn't seem to be a problem. For 99% of people.

If you want to play without the imported kits, and you're sure it makes a difference, that's cool. But most people disagree, so please don't go around insisting that this is a "fact" and acting like there must be something wrong with the rest of us.

It would probably also be nice if you didn't keep trying to hook more impressionable readers on this weird placebo, so they end up playing with crappy brown-and-orange striped Konami kits for the rest of their lives, telling themselves it's better this way. But I suppose that's their look-out. I'll stick with the nice kits, anyway, thanks.

I've only recently noticed it. It would be very difficult to post a video as what I've experienced it is lack of smoothness when the imported kits are installed I think this would be difficult to capture via video. When they are not installed however I found the animations, when I control a player, to be more fluid as opposed to the slightly jerky and erratic animations with installed kits. But it is not that obvious. I went back and fourth between installed and vanilla many times playing the same game same settings to test it. Their is a difference.

That is exactly what I meant when I first made my post. I feel a little difference with player movements. Not that obvious, but slightly jerky and erratic animations like you mentioned. Some lost smothness, yet nothing that changes the game or how the game flows.

TBH I don't see a change in gameplay at all. Game plays the same way as before.

Maybe it is just a problem with processing those kits, don't know how those added kits are loaded internaly. Cause teams that have real kits pre installed are not affected.

juhu00[2];3093288 said:
That is exactly what I meant when I first made my post. I feel a little difference with player movements. Not that obvious, but slightly jerky and erratic animations like you mentioned. Some lost smothness, yet nothing that changes the game or how the game flows.

TBH I don't see a change in gameplay at all. Game plays the same way as before.

Maybe it is just a problem with processing those kits, don't know how those added kits are loaded internaly. Cause teams that have real kits pre installed are not affected.

I don't think so ...
the templates are exactly same to licensed kit, same format, same resolution, etc
there is no reason to be different with pre install kits
indeed they only permitted us to access to that part of game.

I can't believe a data with about 1 MB size (or lesser) make challenge for console or game processing when demo had more than 3 GB which I guess at least 2.5 GB of that was about on pitch data
if we assume 25 MB for 22 kit, it's 1% of 2.5 GB
apart from original kits have a size itself, and we should assume difference between imported kits and original kits that would be less than 25 MB :))

Do you play with the original squad or with the crap ML players ?

I was playing with the ML fictitious players and I was not enjoying it very much playing on superstar.

Im going to give it a try at top player, seems to be more fair on top player.

I'm playing with there real squad

Back
Top Bottom