PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

Sorry mate but I hardly got any fouls in Fifa when I played it before taking it back. It's the same story in both.

:LOL:

You took fifa back??? Ive still got my copy, but haven't played it for more than an hour in total. Although i loved the demo, and played the womans game heaps due to its fantastic simulation, I just couldn't get into the full version. Maybe cos ive been playing pes so much before hand, and the most notable difference from fifa, is just how much smoother the animations and ball physics are in pes. Anyways, I don't wanna get into this pes vs fifa thing (both are great this year) but it occurred to me the other day why I found myself sticking with pes nonstop for the last few weeks. Im telling ya, fifa has an issue with its framerate. No way its 60fps (ps4 and pc versions). I like the variations fifa has, and the vast number of animations etc., but I just think Pes, with its limited (and some not-so-great) animations, looks more natural than fifa's, and also plays a lot smoother. That is, the limited animations pes16 has, look better visually and run smoother than fifa's. This smoothness issue impacts the momentum of soccer/football (particularly the ball physics) which for me is captured better in pes. The overall pace of game this year is amazing (I play on 0).
Ill give Fifa a go im sure, just not anytime soon. Im enjoying Pes too much. In fact, Pes2016 has caused a sudden relapse of my dreadful timewasting gaming addiction since the ps2 days. Good times!!! Mrs doesn't think so :) This is clownbaby crazy considering im only really playing offline exhibition games (waiting for DLC before really getting into the ML and fking my life) and im a 40 year old man. Id have to say, its the first time since the ps2 days, that I haven't played or even thought about playing pes6 (with all its patches and stadium edits) and we9LE. Even last year, i played both of these games regularly. For me, pes16 is finally at that next gen level (with the freedom and realism that full manual provides) where I can safely say "there is no going back". Makes me think that this years motto fits just perfectly....

Ok, random post (no comparisons or negativity) for those who don't know how to taunt (while keeper) during penalties:

Triangle: flaps arms in air
Square: keeper points to his right - indicating that's where the kicker will go.
Circle: keeper points to his left - indicating that's where the kicker will go.

X:.. um don't know.. :)

Anyways, I know most of you guys will know this, but im sure some don't. And im pretty sure these moves aren't in the online manual.

Ok, random post (no comparisons or negativity) for those who don't know how to taunt (while keeper) during penalties:

Square: keeper points to his right - indicating that's where the kicker will go.

Anyways, I know most of you guys will know this, but im sure some don't. And im pretty sure these moves aren't in the online manual.

cool finding mate

How in the name of god do you change difficulty in Myclub. Its so boring playing against COM on easy and so irritating playing online because of lagg. but nonetheless it´s the best PES games since 2013, ML is really fun.

Not at all. We complain here alot. Stop trying to make something out of nothing. You are welcome.
Why the snipey post in response to me trying to direct some of the FIFA comparisons and "trolls" out of this thread, then? That's "something".

I enjoy seeing an undiluted PES thread as much as you do, so why the shitty comment in response to a genuine attempt to redirect the crap that guys like you and Gerd (rightly) complain about?

You're the one being over-protective here, man...

Won't mention it again, don't worry.

Last edited:
How in the name of god do you change difficulty in Myclub. Its so boring playing against COM on easy and so irritating playing online because of lagg. but nonetheless it´s the best PES games since 2013, ML is really fun.
You can't. You have to play the com and as you improve in terms of results the game ups the difficulty. I don't quite get it but it is what it is.

@chris you are welcome? Please see question mark.

Last edited:
Lag aside, theres a fundamental problem with this game in terms of defending. It requires no notion of positioning/covering, no risk of conceding fouls etc.

I miss Winning Eleven 9.

Lag aside, theres a fundamental problem with this game in terms of defending. It requires no notion of positioning/covering, no risk of conceding fouls etc.

I miss Winning Eleven 9.
Exactly. There is no punishment for continually pressing, pushing the opposition, just hold x and bump into them and dispossess them. That, together with the cpu always scoring those low shots is what kills this game for me.

Tackling is basically gone, Just running into an opposition player is enough. 0 skills.
Defending has sucked after pes5 due to noobs complaining about fouling.

So many cheap tricks the other one is have an amazing starting lineup then fill the bench with 50 odd rated players to get a lower team rating then pick apart the truly weaker team.

You would swear there is money involved in having a good online ranking. People just don't play for the enjoyment of the game.

So many cheap tricks the other one is have an amazing starting lineup then fill the bench with 50 odd rated players to get a lower team rating then pick apart the truly weaker team.

You would swear there is money involved in having a good online ranking. People just don't play for the enjoyment of the game.
That's part of what I despise about most online multiplayer experiences - the league tables, rankings etc. They are always exploited in every game. I don't remember the last time I saw a leaderboard on a game that wasn't overrun with ridiculous top scores or rankings. Remove all of them, just have communities with customizable settings and their own leagues, stats & stories. The global competitions and rankings only inspire the plebs to take advantage of game flaws, outright cheat and generally be a colossal spunktrumpet. It becomes what is classed as normal in all game modes and the decent players have to put up with it. Bollocks to it, I'd rather play with myself than dodge virtual teenage man muck.

MyClub might not work without all this shite, I don't know, not tried it

Ah I was wondering how you kept doing that in our game ;)

discovered something
Suggestions#1: shooting power is too much in general and too accurate. needs to be toned down and have more errors for balance
https://twitter.com/szkoki/status/651710269106847744
Suggestions#2/1: decreased CATCHING by 25,increased JUMP by 15 +SPEED by 30 for goalies and they become much more realistic
https://twitter.com/szkoki/status/651710713329766400
goalies now use proper punching animation to avoid cheap goals rather catching balls at any means withwrongones
https://twitter.com/szkoki/status/651711183347650560
its like the higher the catching stat means the more often they use catching animations,even in wrong situation
https://twitter.com/szkoki/status/651711829228560384

try it for yourself and please retweet if you agree

note: take into account that i tried with Yair latest exe with slightly more shot error and less ball speed so im getting better results (you can get it manually by decreasing Finishing & Kicking Power abilities for the players)

Having been a GK myself, i can't see anything that is extraordinary bad with the GK's. Now and then there is a dodgy goal, but this happens irl too.

To put things in perspective.
Sunday my kids and i saw the most extraordinary match of football ever.
Anderlecht - KV Mechelen.
Mechelen stadium is 4 km's from our house, we are season ticket holders because my kids are both Mechelen fans. We went to see the away match against Anderlecht.

What happened?

After approximately 10 minutes Anderlecht got a penalty: Dennis Praet missed.
Anderlecht got another penalty in the first half: Okaka missed.

In the second half (Anderlecht totally dominated the match), Anderlecht scored a goal

In the 85th minute (approximately) Anderlecht got a penalty: Tielemans missed.

In the very last seconds of the game Mechelen had a throw in, deep in the Anderlecht half. They took a long throw, 3 or 4 players from both teams missed, the ball bounced and then hit Anderlecht defender Kara on the head and went in the goal: own-goal and 1-1. A point stolen in a match where Mechelen were totally outplayed (just google it, there must be a clip on YouTube).

Almost unbelievable, but it happened!

If this would happen in a football game, people would think this is awfull scripting...sometimes things like that happen irl.

probably u have a console version Gerd so its vanilla but again just try it, i dont expect to edit each player one by one from anyone but to edit a few stats for two goalies for a game isnt a big deal.

the keepers this way punch the ball the way they should be, i see no slow mo superman dives, hanging on the ball and time to time they catch low shots inside the box. and its more down to this setting rather then the gameplaypatch with ballphysics, the keepers make more rational decisions basicly

ofcourse its just my own opinion about the shooting power/ball speed/shot error that it would add more to the immersion, if someone like to score big arcady easy goals thats totaly fine really.

and yeah, basic shooting im talking about here

probably u have a console version Gerd so its vanilla but again just try it, i dont expect to edit each player one by one from anyone but to edit a few stats for two goalies for a game isnt a big deal.

the keepers this way punch the ball the way they should be, i see no slow mo superman dives, hanging on the ball and time to time they catch low shots inside the box. and its more down to this setting rather then the gameplaypatch with ballphysics, the keepers make more rational decisions basicly

ofcourse its just my own opinion about the shooting power/ball speed/shot error that it would add more to the immersion, if someone like to score big arcady easy goals thats totaly fine really.

and yeah, basic shooting im talking about here

tried the goalie settings you have linked and the first goal I shot was a low shot inside the box (with this slow mo dive of course). so for me it dont work, sorry but this game need really a big patching, other wise it is useless for me.

If this would happen in a football game, people would think this is awfull scripting...sometimes things like that happen irl.
Yes, it happens, but it only happens once in 100 matches. In PES, this happens in 20 out of 100 matches.

Back
Top Bottom