PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

Chris Davies...

If you allow the opposition in behind you and aren't diciplined with your back line losing compactness and allowing your central defenders to be sucked out of position then you will full prey to deflections as there's no protection for your keeper or cover..

Sorry dude but I don't concede many rebounded goals..is that ok or do I have to highlight like you something I can easily counter...its not a issue for me...

Last edited:
If you allow the opposition in behind you and aren't diciplined with your back line losing compactness and allowing your central defenders to be sucked out of position then you will full prey to deflections as there's no protection for your keeper or cover..
You're saying "defend perfectly or you'll concede rebounds". Again, no manager in real life says "right lads, we specifically need to watch out for rebound goals today so stay in position", that's a ludicrous defence. If you don't see it or suffer from it, that's fair enough, but to say goalkeeper mistakes can be avoided by defending perfectly... Well, why have a goalkeeper at all then? Come on, man, I respect your opinion but you can't suggest "defend well" as a fix for goalkeeping blunders.

It's a bit like someone saying "I can't defend" and you saying "score more goals then, no need to worry about it if you do that"...

As Gabe said, it's down to shots being too "perfect", and I think the keepers just need tweaking a little bit. I'm not a hater by any means, and I'm enjoying the demo more and more each time I play it, but one little tweak in this area would (for me) make the game that little bit tighter and result in less frustration and identical goals.

People call the goalkeepers hopeless, and I wouldn't go that far by any means - all-in-all I think they're pretty human, and I've seen some saves that have made me pause the game and watch a replay for ten minutes (although I've mentioned before that one of them actually went through the keeper's hand before deflecting off an invisible wall, which was what initially made me stop playing the demo before a friend convinced me to give it another go and specifically look at the AI behaviour, which is pretty great).

Last edited:
You're saying "defend perfectly or you'll concede rebounds". Again, no manager in real life says "right lads, we specifically need to watch out for rebound goals today so stay in position", that's a ludicrous defence. If you don't see it or suffer from it, that's fair enough, but to say goalkeeper mistakes can be avoided by defending perfectly... Well, why have a goalkeeper at all then? Come on, man, I respect your opinion but you can't suggest "defend well" as a fix for goalkeeping blunders.

It's a bit like someone saying "I can't defend" and you saying "score more goals then, no need to worry about it if you do that"...

As Gabe said, it's down to shots being too "perfect", and I think the keepers just need tweaking a little bit. I'm not a hater by any means, and I'm enjoying the demo more and more each time I play it, but one little tweak in this area would (for me) make the game that little bit tighter and result in less frustration and identical goals.

People call the goalkeepers hopeless, and I wouldn't go that far by any means - all-in-all I think they're pretty human, and I've seen some saves that have made me pause the game and watch a replay for ten minutes (although I've mentioned before that one of them actually went through the keeper's hand before deflecting off an invisible wall, which was what initially made me stop playing the demo before a friend convinced me to give it another go and specifically look at the AI behaviour, which is pretty great).

Dude your putting words into my mouth and Making presumptions based on what I'm saying as if it's a reflection of your ability at the game..

I never said it doesn't happen just in the context of when it should and how it can be a direct result of Match flow or user error.

You can only ever base a game on what's gone before it and what it's direct competitor does..I'm not a rabbid fanboy blind to any flaws as I've experience both Fifa and pes the last five years and although I've predominantly preferred komamis footballing output for the last 25 years I'm open minded and fare.Being very vocal on pes shortcomings over the years including what you've heavily highlighted.

For me the bars been raised..no doubt fifa16 will have the cosmetic gloss,depth of modes and will seduce many with its detail and refinent,,yet for me all interest is lost because pes16 feels like a breath of fresh air and is light years ahead of Fifa interms of flow and balance....

Last edited:
when i get a game i put it in machine and throw case in a cupboard as i only play PES plus this year star wars. No chance im laying out for steel case.

For me the bars been raised..no doubt fifa16 will have the cosmetic gloss,depth of modes and will seduce many with its detail and refinent,,yet for me all interest is lost because pes16 feels like a breath of fresh air and is light years ahead of Fifa interms of flow and balance....
I don't disagree on that, really. I think a lot of what this demo does is brilliant, and in terms of the AI it's massively refreshing to feel like the CPU is thinking its way to success as opposed to playing in limited, one-dimensional, unrealistic ways. I just hope for some little tweaks to make it really shine and contain less frustration, and that's what I find is the #1 thing that stops me playing a football game - you'll spot a pattern, whether it's the way the AI forces a win by becoming psychic or strong as bulls, or certain goals being scored repeatedly, and suddenly you snap out of the illusion, you remember you're playing a computer game, and it loses its appeal.

If they slow the game speed down to -1 so I can play online without going dizzy, it could be sensational, for me. But I'm still looking forward to FIFA for the improved defending. I can see myself buying both and doing the same thing I did over the last 12 months - PES online, FIFA offline. Both games have huge potential - PES is realising its potential now, whereas FIFA is getting there two gameplay tweaks at a time...

I don't disagree on that, really. I think a lot of what this demo does is brilliant, and in terms of the AI it's massively refreshing to feel like the CPU is thinking its way to success as opposed to playing in limited, one-dimensional, unrealistic ways. I just hope for some little tweaks to make it really shine and contain less frustration, and that's what I find is the #1 thing that stops me playing a football game - you'll spot a pattern, whether it's the way the AI forces a win by becoming psychic or strong as bulls, or certain goals being scored repeatedly, and suddenly you snap out of the illusion, you remember you're playing a computer game, and it loses its appeal.

If they slow the game speed down to -1 so I can play online without going dizzy, it could be sensational, for me. But I'm still looking forward to FIFA for the improved defending. I can see myself buying both and doing the same thing I did over the last 12 months - PES online, FIFA offline. Both games have huge potential - PES is realising its potential now, whereas FIFA is getting there two gameplay tweaks at a time...

Fair play and I can't argue your not consistent..like I've said to you before I don't think are expectations or what we want from a footie game is that different.

I'm certainly going to give the demo of Fifa a bash..and if it warrants merit I'm certainly going to give it..my concerns are more related to flow and balance rather then anything Fifa does technically badly..but thats a discussion for the other thread.

Does anyone know if I pre-order the PS4 digital version on amazon in US, can I still get Neymar? Or do you have to pre-order through PSN store to get him(not on loan)?

drifting through pesfan's and wenb's feedback sections. most likely these will be the changes:

- more fouls
- slower default gamespeed (like -1 now)
- tweaked shooting, more variation (shooting is overpowered and too accurate according to most of the people)
- quicker GK reactions inside the box, they shouldnt stay on the line in certain situations, they should be more efficient and aggressive on 1on1s
- assist level 1 less assisted, also cpu's passing accuracy to be toned down
- more variation in the error of R2 shooting

these are the most frequently asked changes there. so if they do as they said(relying on the demand of the mass) and they can change these then i can not wait :)

Last edited:
Had a few games. Passing Unassisted and Game Speed -1

1st impressions are it feels more fluid/responsive. I'm not fighting for control of my players with the ai as much as previous versions.

But...

-Sliding tackle is a bit overdone imo. You go flying like you've been shot out of a cannon.

-Players still take shots with the wrong foot - eg. the ball is clearly good for a left foot shot but the player shoots with his right in an unnatural way. I understand players will favour their best foot but it shouldn't be to such a degree imo

-Lack of fouls

-Some animations, particularly when shooting, could do with some work. Too many times the player shoots with his heel instead of his instep and sometimes it's like he's pushing the ball rather than striking it - this goes far passing as well. Something is just off a lot of the time in how the foot touches the ball.

-Camera options are all either too close or too far away. This means I will not buy it on console. Total gamebreaker for me.

I'd personally love a FIFA style customisation for things like sprint speed, pass accuracy etc. I only like Fifa these days because of it. Without it I couldn't stand it.
Konami don't seem very keen to let players have much customisation tho. Just the lack of camera customisation year after year is evidence of that. It's inexplicable really

Source for what?
this?
"Konami don't seem very keen to let players have much customisation tho"

No sourse. That's just what it seems like

drifting through pesfan's and wenb's feedback sections. most likely these will be the changes:

- more fouls
- tweaked shooting, more variation (shooting is overpowered and too accurate according to most of the people)
- quicker GK reactions inside the box, they shouldnt stay on the line in certain situations, they should be more efficient and aggressive on 1on1s

these are the most frequently asked changes there. so if they do as they said(relying on the demand of the mass) and they can change these then i can not wait :)

Yes, this is the list of the most common feedback.
Still, I doubt if Konami is able to implement it by a day one patch. Some of those things are not so simple to do without unbalance the game, like the first point ( more fouls ).
So don't be surprised if Konami fixes some minor things on the day-one patch and does the other things after a few months.

- more fouls

sums up my opinion pretty well. WE can only hope. But the keepers are like this since 2014.. I must add, that on superstar they are better

Fouls are easy to change...just decreasing the tackling accuracy in general. Nah i dunno but i suppose. Keepers on the other hand tho i think tweaking their animations, ai is more difficult. Also to keep it balanced with the shooting...aswell changing the shooting trajectory to have more variation isnt about changing a few values

I think !!!!

Is there any programmer among us?

Ps how many cpu long range goals u see? Imo that long ranger ability doesnt work from last year. Already gavr feedback about it.

Last edited:
Fouls are easy to change...just decreasing the tackling accuracy in general. Nah i dunno but i suppose. Keepers on the other hand tho i think tweaking their animations, ai is more difficult. Also to keep it balanced with the shooting...aswell changing the shooting trajectory to have more variation isnt about changing a few values

I think !!!!

Ps how many cpu long range goals u see? Imo that long ranger ability doesnt work from last year. Already gavr feedback about it.

What long range? They cant even take high shots! I have never seen a single shot that goes over the bar, from Cpu.

I think !!!!

Yes, me. I am a programmer.
It is not only decreasing or increasing variables about tackling acuracy. It is balancing it right. It's scaling. That is a precize piece of work.

well what i see sliding tackles, stickin out the feet are can be tackles because its upto your timing but the general stat based tackles even on the players side are to accurate with any type of player striker, winger aswell. and they said they working on that so if they can sort it out they can sort out anything :P if thats so precize piece of work

Back
Top Bottom