PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

By the way, the 1320x1080 (or whatever) resolution is a joke.
Nearly every TV nowadays is 16:9, what made they chose a 5:4 resolution is beyond me (unless it's $$$, in that case I'm used to see it as the main reason behind poor choices).
The pixel aspect ratio is not 1:1 but 1.41:1 instead, so pixels are wider than they are tall. This way they have to render less pixels.

It is. Even in old-gen. Well, not sure if it actually is worthy of being called "dynamic", but I watched a video where the weather was fine during 1st half and part of 2nd, but around min 70 rain began to fall. Noticed it because a player slipped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5T3rc0dlLE

sry but i saw that vid and i cant see difference because of the video quality, and players also slipping in fine conditions from time to time aswell. when i see a sunny game turn into a rainy then i believe :PIG: also Adam said that this feature isnt in the game so yeah we can add this to the big questions in gaming.

This night in Brasil Konami Game Nights

Konami confirm 20 brasilian teams and 4 teams 2da Division

CNSwzqjWcAAFwkl.png

thats nice addition they predicted the possible 4 promoted teams :D

Last edited:
The pixel aspect ratio is not 1:1 but 1.41:1 instead, so pixels are wider than they are tall. This way they have to render less pixels.
I take it's the same thing that happens to 16:9 DVDs then (which usually have a 720*576 resolution if I don't go wrong) yet I'm still unsure of how it will look on native FullHD screens though.

I'm on PS3 and have been flirting between game speed 0 and -1.

I played this a bit yesterday on Professional with Basic Shooting and then Advanced Shooting and I'm finding that shooting is too easy. Almost every shot on target regardless of who the player is and the player's body position. Is Manual Shooting better? Just don't want to sacrifice stat based shots for my own skill.

Been playing on Manual Shooting and thankfully it felt a lot better, and still feels stat based. :))

Definetly sharper and less muddy the ps4 version graphically then the Xboxone..shame because I enjoy the Xboxone pad and parity should be more then achievable..as much as I love pes16 it's not really pushing what I would call the technical limitations of either the ps4 or Xboxone..

The aspect ratio does alter the pitch size on the Xboxone and you notice the slightly blurrier textures on a TV over 40 inches...that said the frame rates solid and the experience albeit slightly visual is no different(I've heavily played the ps4 and Xboxone demo).

sry but i saw that vid and i cant see difference because of the video quality, and players also slipping in fine conditions from time to time aswell. when i see a sunny game turn into a rainy then i believe :PIG: also Adam said that this feature isnt in the game so yeah we can add this to the big questions in gaming.

thats nice addition they predicted the possible 4 promoted teams :D

Actually those were the 4 relegated last year :P

Hopefully at least 40. With 20 new generic stadiums which are badly needed.

I think that is too much. Adam said that only few more than last year. Maybe they will increase the number of stadiums through dlc. We need more stadiums, I don`t know how they don`t understand that game become boring after some time playing in the same stadiums, yes the gameplay is most important but the game needs variety...

I think that is too much. Adam said that only few more than last year. Maybe they will increase the number of stadiums through dlc. We need more stadiums, I don`t know how they don`t understand that game become boring after some time playing in the same stadiums, yes the gameplay is most important but the game needs variety...

fuck sake

Last year we got away with it to an extent on PC due to patches, no idea why they cant build more generic stadiums.

Its just not good enough!

It's all about money klashman.
In a very good interview last year, Adam implied that the PES development team are on a rather tight budget.
Creating new generisch stadiums is far from rocket science, but costs man Horus and man hours are eating budget...
Then it becomes a question of priorities. Do you prioritise new stadiums or gameplay related additions?

I know it's dat that Konami puts the development team om a tight budget, but we are in the middle of an economic crisis and Konami doesn't seem the most sensible company to me...

They have the UEFA license so why don't they feel it's super important to get all teams and stadiums in that league?
it's not hard to see taking your biggest attraction and make it complete will increase sales.
Fifa did it with EPL.

Konami thinks having bits and pieces of everything is better than having all of the biggest event! DUMB = KONAMI

Last edited:
It's all about money klashman.
In a very good interview last year, Adam implied that the PES development team are on a rather tight budget.
Creating new generisch stadiums is far from rocket science, but costs man Horus and man hours are eating budget...
Then it becomes a question of priorities. Do you prioritise new stadiums or gameplay related additions?

I know it's dat that Konami puts the development team om a tight budget, but we are in the middle of an economic crisis and Konami doesn't seem the most sensible company to me...

Yes, but its still 100% grade a steaming bullshit that Konami don't have more stadiums for me, due to the fact on PES 2013 which featured many of the current stadiums ingame had about 12 generic stadiums in total, a few of which haven't been carried over. All i'm asking for is these and maybe 1 new one.

I swear i feel as if they just cannot be bothered and think the current ones look 'Good enough'.

In PES 2016, if you use an option file for the real team names and emblems, when you play Master League will this mean that teams from the same country get promoted? i.e. Championship teams getting promoted to the Premiership.

Im currently playing the Master League in PES 2014 as Arsenal. Im now into the 2nd season, although the Premiership teams all have their real names and badges, there are 3 Spanish teams in the league such as Hercules CF and Deportivo La Coruna. Which is ridiculous.

Is this due to a lack of leagues that modders didn't add the Championship teams? Im just wondering if this problem will persist in the next PES or if it's only because this game is nearly 2 years old. From what I remember, the option file I downloaded said it included the Championship teams.

In PES 2016, if you use an option file for the real team names and emblems, when you play Master League will this mean that teams from the same country get promoted? i.e. Championship teams getting promoted to the Premiership.

Im currently playing the Master League in PES 2014 as Arsenal. Im now into the 2nd season, although the Premiership teams all have their real names and badges, there are 3 Spanish teams in the league such as Hercules CF and Deportivo La Coruna. Which is ridiculous.

Is this due to a lack of leagues that modders didn't add the Championship teams? Im just wondering if this problem will persist in the next PES or if it's only because this game is nearly 2 years old. From what I remember, the option file I downloaded said it included the Championship teams.
PES 2015 and 2016 have 2nd divisions for every big league (England, France, Italy, Spain). So you won't have this problem now.

played the demo on x1 and ps4
ps4 looks slightly sharper/better.
x1 looks smoother, saw stuttering on ps4 when ballposession
changed quickly...
i prefer x1.
Even streaming to win10 laptop plays nearly without inputlag...

played the demo on x1 and ps4
ps4 looks slightly sharper/better.
x1 looks smoother, saw stuttering on ps4 when ballposession
changed quickly...
i prefer x1.
Even streaming to win10 laptop plays nearly without inputlag...

Stutter? I haven't seen any stuttering on PS4. That was why the xb1 resolution was dropped so surely they would of dropped PS4 too if it couldn't meet the demand

Last edited:
btw all these camera angles: long, mid range, pitch side, wide are just the different setups of the custom camera. just realized this :D so i doubt they would unlock blimp, broadcast and the others

Uhm no,
with the custom settings alone you can't get close to the blimp camera as it is zoomed out a lot.
When you put zoom to 0 it's still way too close compared to the blimp one.

It's weird. Either they give us more range for zoom for the custom settings or they unlock the settings for the blimp cam.

I might turn up my TV's sharpness setting 1 click with the demo and see if it looks any better. I have used test patterns before and have got it at the right setting for most content but will give it a go for PES on the Xbox One.

The should have konami stadiums 1 (10.000 seats ),2 (20.000 seats) ,3 (30.000 seats),
With a lot of editing options .
Hope for face editing they have a lot more preset faces to edit further,
For pes 2015 they used the preset faces from pes2013 ,about 16 i think ,
The should have like 124 preset faces to edit ,would make a big shortcut for face editing.

my main gripe again since pes 2012, are the nets, there is definitely something better in the net movement this year, but only a little bit, but i can only see the nice net movement during replay, in game net movement seem still off, as if ur hitting a rigid cage, although in replay it looks a lot better, but that's weird, there is no oumph feeling when scoring.
what fifa does better than pes, as a player of fifa 12 til now, is inside the area player control, it seems pes has some lack of animation inside the area to accomodate a move ur doing, or trying to shoot when ur being hassle on the ball inside the area in pes most likely u will either lose the ball from behind or not shooting at all, fifa certainly does it better when ur in tight spaces, there is simply more fluidity in the movement of the player in tight space.
one last thing.
in fifa u feel more in control of the keeper, the control is more fluid.
what i just said above is only something i want konami to look at to make the game better, i am not saying fifa is better game, because it simply isnt , we all know it, but what i mentioned about the positives in fifas game that i have noticed over the years,are those mentioned above should help if implemented a lot in PES gameplay.

Back
Top Bottom