PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

Sorry if this was already posted

https://twitter.com/Adam_Bhatti/status/634725883656437760
Adam Bhatti ‏@Adam_Bhatti Aug 21
Hi all, I want to update you on Xbox One resolution. We're going to be just shy of native 1080p, to keep FPS and game quality high #PES2016

https://twitter.com/Adam_Bhatti/status/634726102603313152
Adam Bhatti ‏@Adam_Bhatti Aug 21
Xbox One demo is 1360 x 1080p, so you can see the quality for yourself. Very confident no one will be able to tell the difference. #PES2016

Those posts from Adam are the same argument why I will not retweet on the blimp-camera. It might influence the framerate and the smooth gameplay.
Konami probably left this out for a reason!

I retweeted adam also. if they let us to modify blimp camera it will look like mod on pc which is great :)

Hope they change it for the final game.

I recorded a video with blimp camera and an extra zoom in from my TV. It's great. I'm uploading it right now on youtube.

Finding the 'long' camera to be just perfect. Playing a wide camera just feels more detached when playing and I end up with a a less spontaneous, reaction driven game. The player cam 2 has a charm to it but just a bit too chaotic to endure for more then a few minutes.

That would be a logical step.. a player with low form should get more confident after a few good passes, a good tackle and or a goal/assist. Your team would then be able to grow into the game just like irl.

Sports games are the funnest playing vs a friend or human opponent. I'm fascinated that in 2015 ppl still like playing vs the AI when they could play online vs humans.

Has anyone here had the opportunity to play the demo vs another living person ? How are the fouls and pin point passes then? I'm sure it's much more enjoyable and realistic than planying the AI.

I'm 46 years old and have played every single pes game that was ever released.
All the way back to International Superstar Soccer.

For a while I considered myself pretty good, till i started playing online.
First pes i played online was pes6 pc version.
So much verbal abuse (you could type text during play) i could not believe.
And - for me - it was hard to find opponents that wanted to just play football.

Instead i found a lot of kids doing tricks (yes, that also happened on pes it is not only a Fifa thing)
In the end i found 2 great guys somewhere in Ireland and we played 2 vs 2 matches a few times a week.
Those were great times.

Now i have 2 kids and not so much time. I therefore prefer to play the CPU, i'm simply not good enough to play online, i lack the time and perhaps therefore the skills.

I'm 46 years old and have played every single pes game that was ever released.
All the way back to International Superstar Soccer.

For a while I considered myself pretty good, till i started playing online.
First pes i played online was pes6 pc version.
So much verbal abuse (you could type text during play) i could not believe.
And - for me - it was hard to find opponents that wanted to just play football.

Instead i found a lot of kids doing tricks (yes, that also happened on pes it is not only a Fifa thing)
In the end i found 2 great guys somewhere in Ireland and we played 2 vs 2 matches a few times a week.
Those were great times.

Now i have 2 kids and not so much time. I therefore prefer to play the CPU, i'm simply not good enough to play online, i lack the time and perhaps therefore the skills.

wow where did you dig that post up from? I wrote it weeks ago :BOP:

good reply, I'm 39 and I love this game, mostly play quick match or whatever it's called and yes it could get annoying to play vs Real Madrid every game but I have a few buddies from older PES games that we still get together and play online. Now that we're older and have families and have moved far from each other we can't go to each other's house to play so Online has really made it great to be able to stay in touch and play together still.

wow where did you dig that post up from? I wrote it weeks ago :BOP:

I finally got round to reading the entire thread, so I guess i'm just a little late to the party.

By the way : i played FIFA 15 on ps4 mostly last year due to lack of time and easy access to that game. Especially since being a casual gamer these days.

I'm having a really hard time getting into the demo.

-1 game speed is pure joy.

PES16 has brought me back to gaming. Cant get enough of the demo. Just hope they dont fuck the full game up.

Option file on this will look the business.

yeah now im eager to so how this will pan out with all the feedback given, will it be the same as the demo, will they fuck it up, will they make it perfect? just a few more days...game will be out around the 10th i guess, earlier as usual

Last gen players, do you also think that gamespeed is too fast by default? I play on Xbox 360 and normal speed seems ok

Last gen players, do you also think that gamespeed is too fast by default? I play on Xbox 360 and normal speed seems ok

Speed is okay. Yesterday I played the demo 2 hours and after that some friends asked me to play FIFA pro clubs. The difference was big. FIFA is much faster.

I play the demo on xbox360 as well and for me gamespeed -1 with widecam and full manual on professional difficulty feels just right.

I'm on the Ps3 and find the default speed 0 just fine. I tried -1 a few times and found it a bit slow.

0 is amazingly fast, as i said everything shines through more in -1, in the wenb podcast they mentioned that the E3 code had sorta -1 speed on nextgen aswell

btw all these camera angles: long, mid range, pitch side, wide are just the different setups of the custom camera. just realized this :D so i doubt they would unlock blimp, broadcast and the others

Fully agree mate, im with you on this 100%.

I was just going to bring this up as well. I have recently been playing as Juve against Palmeiras and Corinthians on top player and superstar with manual pass support, and man is the cpu passing accuracy absolutely ridiculous!

Its never below 85% no matter how you play, in one game at half time against Palmeiras they had 95% passing accuracy WTF?! 'ping-pong' precision passing the whole time, very unrealistic and immersion breaking.
I honestly don't see a big difference at all playing against low level teams like Palmeiras and Corinthians versus higher ranked sides, which is a big let down.

Glad it's not just me. The foundation for this game is great, but if individuality is lost so is the soul of the game. It's hard for me to understand why it's difficult to make ratings have a big effect on passing, it seems so simple - if your rating is low, there should be a certain percentage chance that your pass is at least a little off-line, or that the pace of the pass is either too strong or too weak, and there should also be a certain percentage chance (especially on difficult passes) that the pass is completely mis-hit/scuffed. The same can be said for shots, which suffer the same problem this year.

I'm not moaning just for the sake of it - I feel like the game is so close to being amazing, but if there isn't any individuality in passing, it will never be as good as it should have been.

been playing again because of -1 and because i wanted to catch the dynamic weather but i guess it was someone's placebo. its not in the demo
It is. Even in old-gen. Well, not sure if it actually is worthy of being called "dynamic", but I watched a video where the weather was fine during 1st half and part of 2nd, but around min 70 rain began to fall. Noticed it because a player slipped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5T3rc0dlLE

I used to play Long camera on PES 2011 but wished you could tweak it a little. I've been happy to start with Pitch Side tweaked to the following settings Zoom 6, Height 2, Angle 6 (from memory anyway). Tried out -1 gamespeed once and didn't think it slowed the speed of the AI passing at all, just some of the animations. Can try it again though.

Also tried 0 level passing and again, it only affected my passing % not the AI so I tried level 2 (I have been using level 1 exclusively until now) and that seemed to have some nice variety to it but I'll see with the full game as to which one I settle on.

The gameplay can feel a little empty with no commentary I find, so definitely it should feel a bit more like a match with the full game when you've got the hopefully improved commentary and play 15 min games, which I think brings out some awesome games.

And to echo some other's sentiments - tactics play a big part from what I can see. If I pick up and play with default team formations and don't make subs or formation changes it can be frustrating in some games. But if you make a simple change or two, the game responds more. Feels more pronounced than it does on FIFA.

Dynamic weather is in the demo. I've had one match where it started to rain, but this only once.
Imho the effect of a wet pitch on players are rather clumsily developed.

Like people predicted, the demo is growing on me. Starting to love it.

There are fouls, but not enough. Other than that, i love it. Hope the retail version will be similar. I have a hunch that the fouling will not be sorted out.

This night in Brasil Konami Game Nights

Konami confirm 20 brasilian teams and 4 teams 2da Division

CNSS-k6WwAAgUhy.jpg

CNSfgzsW8AAavwP.jpg

CNSwzqjWcAAFwkl.png

I'm on PS3 and have been flirting between game speed 0 and -1.

I played this a bit yesterday on Professional with Basic Shooting and then Advanced Shooting and I'm finding that shooting is too easy. Almost every shot on target regardless of who the player is and the player's body position. Is Manual Shooting better? Just don't want to sacrifice stat based shots for my own skill.

How many of those will have fake player names though? :CONFUSE:

By the way, the 1320x1080 (or whatever) resolution is a joke.
Nearly every TV nowadays is 16:9, what made they chose a 5:4 resolution is beyond me (unless it's $$$, in that case I'm used to see it as the main reason behind poor choices).

Dynamic weather is in the demo. I've had one match where it started to rain, but this only once.
Imho the effect of a wet pitch on players are rather clumsily developed.

Like people predicted, the demo is growing on me. Starting to love it.

There are fouls, but not enough. Other than that, i love it. Hope the retail version will be similar. I have a hunch that the fouling will not be sorted out.

I knew you'd start to fall in love with it the more you played it. .even the non-believers are seeing the light!

Back
Top Bottom