PES 2015 Tactics Thread

Hi, i'll see in the next two weeks what teams i can do.

Once i get all the champions league last 16 teams done, plus top european teams done i'll start doing weekly updates, i'll have to do them again.

The kits are more or less done so i'm going to focus heavy on tactics people :)

I'm a bit dissapointed with this year's tactical options. There were much more options in 2014.
The biggest issue is short/long pass option, cause most of the teams are playing something in between
The other issue is unability to set the team width - from my testing team compactness isn't affecting it at all. Teams are too wide while defending.

Here is an example from United - Tottenham match last week.
358x4hu.jpg

24qpimr.jpg

The team compactness is set nearly to the most compact one but as you can see, Tottenham is just super wide while defending compared to real life.

Last edited:
I made some first Versions for most Bundesligateams, they still need some testing and since I don't have that much time at the moment, I'd really appreciate your feedback.
For those of you who are using the amazing PesGalaxy Patch 2.0, you can download this EDIT.bin (only edited formation and tactics of these teams: Cologne, Gladbach, Frankfurt, Hertha, Freiburg, Paderborn, Bremen, Hoffenheim, Stuttgart, Wolfsburg)
For those of you who are not, you can check some Screenshots here (It's a german hoster, i hope it doesn't cause any problems for anyone, otherwise i'll upload it somewhere else).

The biggest issue is short/long pass option, cause most of the teams are playing something in between

You can balance it a bit using support range.
For example for a team which uses a lot of crosses and a few long balls, but also a lot of short passes, you can use long pass + a lower support range like 3-4.
I think thats the best solution so far.

I made some first Versions for most Bundesligateams, they still need some testing and since I don't have that much time at the moment, I'd really appreciate your feedback.
For those of you who are using the amazing PesGalaxy Patch 2.0, you can download this EDIT.bin (only edited formation and tactics of these teams: Cologne, Gladbach, Frankfurt, Hertha, Freiburg, Paderborn, Bremen, Hoffenheim, Stuttgart, Wolfsburg)
For those of you who are not, you can check some Screenshots here (It's a german hoster, i hope it doesn't cause any problems for anyone, otherwise i'll upload it somewhere else).

Hey. These look good, I will test some later today. :BOP:

Are you planning to do also other German teams?

Hey smrfy thanks for these tactics, did I just missed Gladbach or you haven't posted it yet? Keep it up mate.

Not posted yet, only uploaded a EDIT.bin (based on PesGalaxy 2.0) including Gladbach, but i can upload screenshots for you in a few minutes.
Would be nice if you could give me some feedback about Gladbach, i'm not really happy with them yet.

Gladbach:
6915-GladbachA-jpg

6916-GladbachB-jpg

Attacking Styles: Counter Attack
Build Up: Long-pass
Attacking Area: Wide
Positioning: Flexible
Support range: 3
Numbers in attack: Many
Defensive Styles: All-out Defence
Contrainment Area: Middle
Pressuring: Conservative
Defensive Line: 6
Compactness: 4
Numbers in defenve: Medium

E.: Just realized that the bundeligateams are in ligue 1, when you re using my EDIT.bin and don't switch the leagues in the PesGalaxy Switch. For testing it shouldn't matter, but i'll find a solution for a final version. ;)

Last edited:
I thought Gladbach plays short passing game? Or is there a reason you set all teams to Long Passing (I know Bundesliga is a very direct league, but I would have expected Gladbach, together with Bayern and maybe Dortmund, to be set to Short)?

I played a couple of games with your tactics. Definetelly need to play more, but the initial impression is good. Defensively teams are set up really well. Not so sure about Offensive formations - you position players really high up the pitch and it automatically makes a team more attack minded. The downside is that it also leaves gaps in defence. Maybe when you set them this way, it would be wise to avoid 'Many' under Numbers in Attack and keep under 'Medium' or 'Few'?

Great work, however. :APPLAUD: I am looking forward to Bayern.

i realized i still haven't done a guide yet, which i need to do.With the numbers in attack it's important to pay attention, because how it works is depending on what positions you designate to your players which enable them or disable them to move up aggressively when you have the ball, the most important factor of all with this is actually that if you set it to high, it makes the AI attack as quickly as possible, where as if you set it to few the AI take their time to attack.

as you see with smrfy's good work, with that gladbah formation, it's unbalanced and will have gladbah steaming forward in a rush on every attack. It's important to get the formation to fall in accordance to the slider settings, if your playing a pressure game and high line, est even when set to without possession to keep your team positioned quite high up the pitch and vice versa for a deep line. in testing i noticed a big difference with this.

@Tinker
I'm a lil bit drunk, so i'll give you a longer answer tomorrow.
But short: If you set it to short pass, they won't use crosses or long balls at all. If you set it to long pass and support level on something like 1-4, they will use more short passes, but also some crosses and long through balls. :)

@klashman
Yes, but you can balance the quick attacks a bit by using a low support level and possession play, if needed.
btw i really appreciate your work. Especially your tactics for PES13 were amazing. ;)

Already got good feedback (thx to everyone) for a few teams and i updated some, need some more testing, but i hope i can release some better tactics during this week. :)

Take your time, mate, and give us tactics. Will give you more feedback.

And yes, it would be great if klashman wrote a short guide in the first page. Would bring some clarity to the matters.

I'll release la liga tactics at least by the end of the week. i'll try finish them sooner. Not every team, but the majority.

I'll go to the Spanish and latin forums to get to feedback as i want to open up a Spanish section to the website.

Also smrfy i did bayern, leverkusen, dortmund and herta, i'll try get these done and you can judge how well they are, becuae i was really happy with them until the fucking update destoryed the chance to use them again.

I'm looking forward to test it.
I also made these teams, but Dortmund and Leverkusen did'nt worked that well, but i'm pretty happy with Hertha. Will be fun to compare them, may be we will find a really good mix. :)

also real madrid will 100% come tomorrow, I've tested them and i'm happy with the results.

The best thing is i'vve got Cristiano working properly with it :)

Re: PES 2015 Tactics Thread THANKS!!

Thanks @TINKER and @KLASHMAN69 the explanations of strategies you gave on the first page (in a reply) were really helpful.

I was wondering if I could get some pointers about defensive settings, like if I am playing with certain settings how should I play defensively as one of the players would always be under my control. For attacking settings I have found that if I play exactly how the strategy has been set up, it is easier to score goals, so wondering how to defend under various defensive settings?

@smrfy I've tested the Gladbach tactics. I quite enjoy that I've seen Xhaka loft those long balls like in real life. The attacking phase is great Hermann and Hahn dribble a lot but when they're defending I think needs some work. From what I remember watching them from time to time, they don't defend that high.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for your feedback. :)
Yes, you're right. I was scared that they would be too passive, when i set the defensive line to a lower level. I'll test it later a bit more, i think defensive line about 2-3 points lower and may be compactness 2-3 highter would be better for them.

after this week, hopefully soon i'll start doing lineups pre and post patch tactics for fun and for promotion.

i'm writing the guide now. i will release a video later with clips from games to better show examples of how to use certain tactics.

real are playing 4-4-2 tonight, greaseball is on the bench, instead khedira comes in and bale plays in the free role behind benz up top.

Just tested Real Madrid. Wow, I honestly have no idea how you manage to make them play so life-like. I seem to never get that result when I try to do myself.

You really should work for Konami in that Windsor (or whatever they are called) team responsible for stats and tactics.

yes. short passing presents good, fluid ground passes. long passing will make real lump long balls to the wings and only to build with crosses and long balls.

Real's style is good, attractive, flowing counter attacking football. In PES just simply putting teams under counter attack makes them direct like shown in the video. if you try the Aston Villa settings which has counter attack, long passes, the team won't try nice interchanges like seen vs Valencia there, it's get it to the winger as quickly as possible for a cross to happen.

Hi guys would u prefer to see CPU vs CPU matches or me playing vs the CPU, i'm going to try and do weekly videos showcasing the big games and all the possible tactics that could be used.

yes. short passing presents good, fluid ground passes. long passing will make real lump long balls to the wings and only to build with crosses and long balls.

I was wondering about the terminology in the game. Is "short pass" in reality ground pass, and "long pass" really lob pass? That would make sense, because then "support range" would also make sense. For example, a combination of "short pass" and large "support range" would really mean a style of long ground passes, while "long pass" and low "support range" would mean short lob passes over defenders.

Also, without such an interpretation combinations like "short pass" and large "support range" don't make much sense, do they?

The team compactness is set nearly to the most compact one but as you can see, Tottenham is just super wide while defending compared to real life.

Good point. I suggest you feed this back to officialpes on Twitter. They don't really follow these discussions, but I have noticed that on Twitter they tend to respond. Also use hashtag PES2015.

Last edited:
Hi guys would u prefer to see CPU vs CPU matches or me playing vs the CPU, i'm going to try and do weekly videos showcasing the big games and all the possible tactics that could be used.

I would love to see cpu vs cpu, but unfortunately konami took out this option from pes 2015! :(

If it still in, then maybe you can describe me how to set it up?

Back
Top Bottom