PES 2015 Tactics Thread

I see, but I had wide midfielders and not wingers. And I tried and tried in 2p mode to see what happened. It didnt make a diff whether we had many or few... everytime the same amount of players...

by the way, numbers in offence, and the other setting do work!

Do you use the offside line settings with the d-pad also?

I think it depends on how you want to defend, your defence conception. If you want to retreat and defend in numbers, it makes sense to set wide players as Wide Midfielders in "Out-of possession" formation. While when you plan to press high it is convenient to leave them high up the pitch, as Wingers, so as to be in short distance to opposition defenders that you want to press.

Yep, exactly what I´ve been doing, depending the team I´m playing with.

Hey Klas been following your work for years.
Can you post your tactics for premier league teams..please

Yeah I realised this too, and makes it more important to have completed players in the team. If you have a LW that can also play as LM, you can play with a slightly diferent formation, and that might be usefull for instance to change formation as soon as you loose possession. That would make your wingers to defend more I believe? Play as LW when in possession and as LM when not in possession?

Exactly, I totally agree with that, and it would work!

But still, numbers in defence, whether many or few, doesnt serve a thing.

Unfortunatelly...

Exactly, I totally agree with that, and it would work!

But still, numbers in defence, whether many or few, doesnt serve a thing.

Unfortunatelly...

How funny... I never really gave the attention to that... I did noticed while attacking that it makes some diference, but never really cared that much. Have to test some more.

Funny thing.

You can have Barcelona play like real themselves even when you set attacking style to Counter-attack and Support range to 1 or 2. I start to think you can simulate quite well almost every (bar long/hoofball) playing style by keeping Attacking style on Counter and just varying Support Range (1-3 possession game, 4-7 varied play. 8-10 counterattacking). This way you can avoid sterile passing back problem, which, unfortunately, sometimes turns to be a gamebraker much too often.

Just played against Barca set this way with Bilbao, defended deep and counterattacked. They dominated possession and ended up with 61% of possession and 86% passing accuracy.

Need to test it more though.

Last edited:
Just a thought. What if fluid formations overule the numbers in defense/attack?
I mean, you set the position to each formation (possession/ out of possession), so basically you are already choosing how many players you want in attack and in defense.

I would guess Possession style could still be used as a Defensive strategy, couldn't it? As in retaining the ball when they have the lead. I suppose it depends on under which conditions the AI switches to Defensive.

Just a thought. What if fluid formations overule the numbers in defense/attack?
I mean, you set the position to each formation (possession/ out of possession), so basically you are already choosing how many players you want in attack and in defense.

They still do their part when you use Fluid formation, but in essence you are right - I feel numbers in attack are there first of all for the default option, i.e. with Fluid formation OFF.

Now I am setting numbers in attack to Medium and in defence to Many by default, except attack to Few when the team is defensive, counterattacking, or in Defensive formation.

Funny thing.

You can have Barcelona play like real themselves even when you set attacking style to Counter-attack and Support range to 1 or 2. I start to think you can simulate quite well almost every (bar long/hoofball) playing style by keeping Attacking style on Counter and just varying Support Range (1-3 possession game, 4-7 varied play. 8-10 counterattacking). This way you can avoid sterile passing back problem, which, unfortunately, sometimes turns to be a gamebraker much too often.

Just played against Barca set this way with Bilbao, defended deep and counterattacked. They dominated possession and ended up with 61% of possession and 86% passing accuracy.

Need to test it more though.

I believe this is the most annoyng PES I have ever played a Master League with. I play at Top Player and the artificial intelligence is too good at passing the ball, so when you play with a team that has passing and possession, its nearly impossible to take tha ball away unless you let them advance to your half. Even when the opposition is losing they just keep passing unless you leave an openning for them to advance.

And the scripting is simply ridiculous. I get very angry when I score and take a goal on the next opposition attack.

I honestly hope that the more I play, the better I get at getting possession back.

I wonder when Klashman is going to publish his Premier league (and others that he's already made) tactics.

I think this year I would be able to contribute with Serie A teams.

Yes, to be honest I hope Klash uses a 360, 'cause then he can just upload an option file, for lazy people like me. :R1

Edit: A donation can be arranged... $$$

Sorry i'm broke and i only use my laptop.

Here is Arsenal:
http://adf.ly/v0HZk

Everything will be on the website first so i can keep everything organized in one place, i'll post images here for discussion purposes.

I've been really busy trying to finish these shirts off and working. I've done loads but i'l upload them in the next few weeks. if anyone is on pc download pes galaxy and shitloads will be on that patch.

Last edited:
I've done all premier league and championship teams.

I've done another 20 teams in Germany, Spain and other leagues.

I think i will be able to do most clubs in england/spain/germany, possibly holland and champions league teams. I might do some by a bit of guesswork and hopefully people can give me feedback or do their own entirely.

I've done all premier league and championship teams.

I've done another 20 teams in Germany, Spain and other leagues.

I think i will be able to do most clubs in england/spain/germany, possibly holland and champions league teams. I might do some by a bit of guesswork and hopefully people can give me feedback or do their own entirely.
Excellent, looking forward to editing using your suggestions!

Can you also put a note on the tactic on whether the team uses fluid formation or not?

Excellent, looking forward to editing using your suggestions!

Can you also put a note on the tactic on whether the team uses fluid formation or not?

If Klash has enabled fluid formation for a team, I guess we will see "in possession" and "out of possession" formations in the PNG (image file). If you don't see that then there is just one formation and fluid formation is off.

:THINK:

i'll give every team fluid formations, its not mandatory, just to complete the team. Fluid formation seems to be used by both teams depending if you switch it on or off.

Thanks Klashman - always an eye-opener.

One persistent issue I'm having a hard time dealing with are the through balls. I'm a pretty defensive player - I'm always tracking back when off the ball.

However no matter where I'm positioned, through-balls invariably slip through, as the defense seems to lurch forward slightly - and always at exactly the wrong moment.

Not sure how to deal with this atm - I've tried various formations and tactics, but keep getting caught-out in the same way. It's as-if they are trying to spring the offside trap but rarely succeed. Auto offside is not enabled.

:CONFUSE:

so we got tactics for offensive and defensive
they both have at kick off/in possession/out of possession formation
so when will cpu use offensive or defensive?
when its out of possession i assume cpu play more defensive
but there are out of possession in both offensive and defensive tactics
out of possession in offensive tactic is just little defensive
while out of possession in defensive tactic is much more defensive
however,is that cpu can only use offensive or defensive tactics in the same time?
because if cpu only use one tactic(offensive or defensive) in the same time,with offensive tactic,cpu more offensive when in possession but less defensive(compare to defensive tactic)when out of possession
on the other hand if cpu use only defensive tactic,very good defense when out of possession but will be less offensive(compare to offensive tactic)in possession too

Maybe scoreline? If at home use offensive, if losing use offensive

Away from home use defensive unless favourite or need win...Win winning use defensive?

Also what needs edited so cpu stop passing in their own half amongst each other for like 10-15mins game time, so annoying...

I don´t think it really matters when does the CPU uses one or another. the important thing is to set them correctly. CPU might use the defensive tactic when winning or playing away, but I´m pretty sure that the opponents ranking on the league, or stars, also has some influence on how the CPU approaches that specific match. I´ve had games against top teams where I was loosing 0-2 and they still attacked me like it was 0-0.

Away from home use defensive unless favourite or need win...Win winning use defensive?

Also what needs edited so cpu stop passing in their own half amongst each other for like 10-15mins game time, so annoying...

Presumably it is the 'possession game' setting. If it's set to 'counter attack' instead, they don't mess around in their own half so much. In fact they are on the rampage for the full 90 in my experience. Got drubbed a few times.

It's scary how changing these settings completely changes the game(play). Konami has allowed us to/insisted that we play God. I think because they are too busy. :D

Presumably it is the 'possession game' setting. If it's set to 'counter attack' instead, they don't mess around in their own half so much. In fact they are on the rampage for the full 90 in my experience. Got drubbed a few times.

It's scary how changing these settings completely changes the game(play). Konami has allowed us to/insisted that we play God. I think because they are too busy. :D

Maybe there should be a mixed strategy...like a team can at times pass about and at times counter etc..

Thanks Klashman - always an eye-opener.

One persistent issue I'm having a hard time dealing with are the through balls. I'm a pretty defensive player - I'm always tracking back when off the ball.

However no matter where I'm positioned, through-balls invariably slip through, as the defense seems to lurch forward slightly - and always at exactly the wrong moment.

Not sure how to deal with this atm - I've tried various formations and tactics, but keep getting caught-out in the same way. It's as-if they are trying to spring the offside trap but rarely succeed. Auto offside is not enabled.

:CONFUSE:

have u tried increasing the compactness, will make it harder for a through ball to slip through

too many teams have possesion game set.

unless its on 'many' with numbers in attack they spend 10 minutes just passing about themselves in their half

atletico was broken because they have a defensive formation and have 'few' in attack, so, they just never attack! period!

I've done championship teams, its great to play now with Ipswich since most teams play good football on the ground or route 1 hoofball! I'll try my best to get as many teams out as possible this week, i'm release the big teams first them full packs after.

The instructions are done ingame, i just need to ready the files and check the formations, this year i'll keep updating them, sometimes doing some during games.

When i finish work, i'll do a guide since i have a good understanding how every setting works and i see lots of people struggling.

Back
Top Bottom