PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

I'm loving this game now ..it needed me to buy Fifa again to realise how good it is..had some good online games but also enjoying mater league with Liverpool

Interesting. About once a month, when I get frustrated with PES, I play a couple of games of FIFA solely to remind me that the grass isn't always greener and how rotten it would be if EA's interpretation of football was the only game in town.

Would be nice if at some point Konami un-broke the contextual celebrations / cutscenes. In ISS games on the PS1, if you were 3-0 down and scored a consolation goal in the last five minutes, the player would run into the goal, grab the ball and sprint back to the centre circle to kick off again ("Doing a Platty", as men of a certain age still call it). Nowadays, with the awesome intelligence of 21st century computing power behind him, he runs off and celebrates like he's just won the World Cup Final.

Just finished a game in the Master League, and in the animations at the end, my 35-year-old captain had to be helped from the field in tears. Because we'd lost 2-1. Away. In January. Showing leadership, there.

Im a dynasty/franchise/manager guy, love building a dynasty with small clubes... yeah too bad konami still dont make a more complex manager mode. I really like the manager mode on FIFA15, all those gimicks really adds more depth. Too bad i hate FIFA gameplay on the last few years and i dont even want to start about the players models....that is one the most horrific things i ever saw on a sports game.

That said, both games have some problems, FIFA still have legacy problems, PES still have a lot things broken, the refs, the script but ohh boy when this game shines, it shines...

And one thing i dont understand.... i like football, but i love baseball, american foobtall and ice hockey and is funny when a lot of americans players always brings the FIFA franshise to the table when they talk about Madden or even NHL. They keep praising the game (not sayng its a bad game but let me finish my thoughts) and bashing teams like EA Tiburon (Since Rex joined the team Madden is really improving a lot... i can see a lot of love on the game)and others ....when they have 2/3 biggest sports sims on their country like The Show, NBA2k or even NFL2k (rip).

Konami even have one of the most amzing sim games ever made ( for me the best ever heck its the only reason i had a ps3 and now i have a ps4 lol ), the Pro Yakyuu Spirits.

Twelve Spirits

One exemple on this franshie...just look at those animations...

Sorry about this text but i really dont understand some people. one thing is certain, Pes 2015 have a really good foundation for the next years, even with some problems the game i still have more fun with Pes 2015 than fifa in the last 6/7 years.

Having a blast with my ML with Tours on the Ligue 2 :)

I agree man, PYS is the best sports game out there right now.
I love it, and i am american. The show is 2nd best compared to this.

Would be nice if at some point Konami un-broke the contextual celebrations / cutscenes. In ISS games on the PS1, if you were 3-0 down and scored a consolation goal in the last five minutes, the player would run into the goal, grab the ball and sprint back to the centre circle to kick off again ("Doing a Platty", as men of a certain age still call it). Nowadays, with the awesome intelligence of 21st century computing power behind him, he runs off and celebrates like he's just won the World Cup Final.

Just finished a game in the Master League, and in the animations at the end, my 35-year-old captain had to be helped from the field in tears. Because we'd lost 2-1. Away. In January. Showing leadership, there.

I agree, thing is man again, this is just how deep the movement issues run, and shows just how basic they are.

All the movements needed for players to transition into the celebration like walk, slow jog, jog, run, there's no good transition available ingame to happen realtime, you can see every time a goal is scored, there a canned run by every player to one side, there's not enough variables in the movement at the moment.

As the movement is improved to pes 2013 in future titles i expect to see this back! Game really needs suitable contextual celebrations. Also i miss things like if your 3-0 up against a smaller team you get the player stopping, raising his arms and just walking back to the center circle.

@ Chris Davies,

Decided to continue with superstar on full manual. Just played two matches: lost away 2-0 and won at home 1-0. Great matches both.

Made a few changes. Used the tip from the tactics thread and marked opposition wingers with FBs. And, especially in the home match, used teammate pressure a lot more. Covered the back with a CB, and pressed with CPU controlled players. The CPU only had five shots.

I didn't want to start using teammate pressure, but atm I think there might not be a way around it. The CPU controlled players simply don't mark well enough against superstar.
I don't experiment with marking very often, I'll have to look into that (I only really use it online). I use teammate pressing now and then but usually I find it just pulls players out of a relatively safe position and makes them lose ground with a half-arsed tackle, 8 times out of 10 anyway.

I played more Become A Legend last night and I've come to the realisation that your own teammate's AI might be dumbed down when you switch up to Superstar (which you wouldn't notice when you're playing as a whole 11).

I say this because I was playing as a 2-star team against a 1.5-star team, identical formations, they had no stand-out players, and we lost 4-0 with possession being 18%-82% in their favour (obviously), 0 shots.

I was so shocked I tried again five times, lost every time with similar scorelines and possession stats. When I switched to Top Player, we won 1-0 first time of asking (and with only controlling the one player, I didn't feel like the game was "going easy on me" or anything, it just seemed "correct").

Maybe there was some kind of mismatch that I was missing that would allow them to hammer us by a large margin each time, but I really couldn't spot anything. So I'm going to experiment a bit more over the weekend and see if I'm going crazy, or if Superstar really does dumb down your players (if I can prove it does, I'll be playing on Top Player, in Become A Legend mode at least).

Face from DLC 4.0

Algeria
Faouzi Ghoulam

Argentina
Pablo Aimar
Jesús Alberto Dátolo
Nicolás Gaitán
Javier Pastore
Eduardo Salvio
Paulo Dybala
Luciano Vietto

etc

Thx KAiWAi from WEarePES.com

Yay! PLAYER FACES! That will really help the game all of a sudden become good.

Konami have lost the plot :ZZZ:

It's better than nothing, no ?

No it's not. This is my point, Konami assume we're all happy now because they give us player faces. I DONT CARE ABOUT PLAYER FACES!

It doesn't help the game.

Is Master League still an empty, shallow experience? Yes.

Is shooting still overpowered? Yes.

Are the CPU difficulty levels still not balanced i.e. Top Player too easy, Superstar way too difficult? Yes.

Player faces are just cosmetic - they don't help the gameplay in any way.

Konami won't get my £££ ever again.

I have both, why? :)

just because of my signature :D

since out of curiousity i tried the PS3 demo of the game and the shooting was balanced in that. it was the WE demo, since i couldnt find the PES demo on PSN anymore. so after that i tried the PC demo but in that shooting was already OP for me.

so im just curious if it was only the early console build was okay (and now both WE and PES is the same) or if the retail version of Winning Eleven wich is would be okay for me in terms of shooting?

Now i dont know how you feel about shooting right now. The best would be ofcourse if you could try the WE demo and the retail version too to compare.

No it's not. This is my point, Konami assume we're all happy now because they give us player faces. I DONT CARE ABOUT PLAYER FACES!

It doesn't help the game.

Is Master League still an empty, shallow experience? Yes.

Is shooting still overpowered? Yes.

Are the CPU difficulty levels still not balanced i.e. Top Player too easy, Superstar way too difficult? Yes.

Player faces are just cosmetic - they don't help the gameplay in any way.

Konami won't get my £££ ever again.
Of course faces don't help gameplay, it's a DLC...
Wait the update for that.

DLC are generally release with an update, Konami never communicates about update, so wait and see

I played more Become A Legend last night and I've come to the realisation that your own teammate's AI might be dumbed down when you switch up to Superstar (which you wouldn't notice when you're playing as a whole 11).

I say this because I was playing as a 2-star team against a 1.5-star team, identical formations, they had no stand-out players, and we lost 4-0 with possession being 18%-82% in their favour (obviously), 0 shots.

I was so shocked I tried again five times, lost every time with similar scorelines and possession stats. When I switched to Top Player, we won 1-0 first time of asking (and with only controlling the one player, I didn't feel like the game was "going easy on me" or anything, it just seemed "correct").

Maybe there was some kind of mismatch that I was missing that would allow them to hammer us by a large margin each time, but I really couldn't spot anything. So I'm going to experiment a bit more over the weekend and see if I'm going crazy, or if Superstar really does dumb down your players

Let us know when you have more experience on this.

I have mentioned over and over that for me some superstar matches are simply out of this world. In addition to the obvious reasons - such as the CPU having players in red condition - I have started to wonder whether team spirit might be involved. Some of the possible causes for elevated team spirit I am going to keep an eye on include a captain (with captaincy card) in red condition, and the recent match history of the opposing team. Just a theory, but at least it's something to work with.

Of course faces don't help gameplay, it's a DLC...
Wait the update for that.

DLC are generally release with an update, Konami never communicates about update, so wait and see

I can't be bothered to spend £40 on a half-arsed game every October and have to wait 8 months for Konami to fix it.

I'll play Dying Light instead, thanks.

I doubt gameplay will be touched. PES 2014 had a ton of gameplay patches, but I believe the last tweak was in March last year before they added the World Challenge.

I said this months ago and it applies now. Very little can be changed in this gameplay anyway. Only thing is get the AI to cross more regardless of tactics.

Nothing can be done to improve the shooting or keepers at all unless they evolve the movement to add more variables!

Last year the game was flawed and broken in many areas so the patches where a necessity and still each one fixed some things them created more issues. This year, the games issues are because it's basic in many areas and to improve the game you cant just patch it new functions need to be built and that requires a new game.

Even if they wanted to patch it there is little they can do, yeah, things like increasing injury rate, more cutscenes, stuff like that is possible but it wont happen :(

I said this months ago and it applies now. Very little can be changed in this gameplay anyway. Only thing is get the AI to cross more regardless of tactics.

Nothing can be done to improve the shooting or keepers at all unless they evolve the movement to add more variables!
There are two types of gamers around here: people who complain with every post and who contribute nothing to this forum. And people like yourself who work hard to improve the game and share their discoveries with the rest of us. PES with some tweaking is a top 3 sports title all-time in my books. Konami doesn't have to change or fix anything at this point. Because pretty well every issue with PES 2015 can be improved and/or even fixed with a bit of happy effort. That includes fixing the lack of crosses BTW, easy to do with a couple of quick edits.

The fix i presume would be assigning early cross to wide players and full backs which makes a huge difference, but the only strategies this problem comes up in the extreme is counter attack short pass, even in possession game short pass the ai attempt various lofted through balls but its still an issue there.

The good as well angus is it gives them even more time and focus to develop 2016.

Last edited:
There are two types of gamers around here: people who complain with every post and who contribute nothing to this forum. And people like yourself who work hard to improve the game and share their discoveries with the rest of us. PES with some tweaking is a top 3 sports title all-time in my books. Konami doesn't have to change or fix anything at this point. Because pretty well every issue with PES 2015 can be improved and/or even fixed with a bit of happy effort. That includes fixing the lack of crosses BTW, easy to do with a couple of quick edits.

So you like the game in short term :D

Konami had a great idea to make Neur come off his line very quickly and kick it clear. But then they go mad and apply that to every keeper.

Great post

AHahahaha

Adam bhatti and pesteam need to read this !!!!

Nice post mate. I'm a gamer who buy and play my games that I buy, if I don't like it then I sell it... Simple

Its okay dude :) we don't need you to play pes :D hahaha

That's where you are wrong dude. Konami need to stop losing diehard fans like me - the brand is in trouble as it is, with FIFA getting stronger and attracting more and more new customers every year, without pissing off the guys like me who have bought it since the PS One days.

Found an absolutely brilliant tip for full manual players on the winning eleven forum. If you want to shoot a low hard shot, on PS4 it's L1&O+O. Tested it and it works like a charm (if you have 0 bar assist).

In fact, I noticed in my tests that if none of your players between are between your shooter and the goal, then just O+O also shoots low and hard. But if your player is in the middle, then O+O does a lame lob.

Also, L1+O is a low trajectory lob.

quick double tap on O does a low shot on manual, also here's a tip for headers on full manual as they go all over the place- use the manual over ride button and direction and O and headers suddenly become far more effective

Back
Top Bottom