PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

Found an absolutely brilliant tip for full manual players on the winning eleven forum. If you want to shoot a low hard shot, on PS4 it's L1&O+O. Tested it and it works like a charm (if you have 0 bar assist).

In fact, I noticed in my tests that if none of your players between are between your shooter and the goal, then just O+O also shoots low and hard. But if your player is in the middle, then O+O does a lame lob.

Also, L1+O is a low trajectory lob.

I've found over the months that just a quick tap of the shot button will give me a low shot, although I wouldn't describe it as a hard shot. I tried your method but I can't seem to to get it to work using L1 & O+O though. All I seem to get is a wee lofted shot. Maybe I'm just not doing it fast enough.:THINK:

I've found over the months that just a quick tap of the shot button will give me a low shot, although I wouldn't describe it as a hard shot. I tried your method but I can't seem to to get it to work using L1 & O+O though. All I seem to get is a wee lofted shot. Maybe I'm just not doing it fast enough.:THINK:

Keep L1 pressed, then double tap O quickly. I guess L1&(O+O) would be a correct specification. :) Gives a low hard shot 100% of the time.

It's kryptonite for the keeper.

Last edited:
quick double tap on O does a low shot on manual, also here's a tip for headers on full manual as they go all over the place- use the manual over ride button and direction and O and headers suddenly become far more effective

Not sure I got the part (I'm Swedish so...;)) where u write; "use the manual over ride button", do u mean L2? I really need help with manual headers, crazy hard as u say...

That's where you are wrong dude. Konami need to stop losing diehard fans like me - the brand is in trouble as it is, with FIFA getting stronger and attracting more and more new customers every year, without pissing off the guys like me who have bought it since the PS One days.

Please stop proclaming yourself a diehard fan. You are just a diehard whiner and your endless complains are totally useless.

Not sure I got the part (I'm Swedish so...;)) where u write; "use the manual over ride button", do u mean L2? I really need help with manual headers, crazy hard as u say...

yeah, manual headers i think are a bit broken as they rarely go on target, they almost always go wide and i presume it isn't me as i have no issues with controlling my shooting.

If you use the L2 then you get full control and its much easier to direct them, also you can use a powered up pass using the same method to place low into the goal when one on one..zero bar passing and manual shooting isn't the same as manual override

Ah, keep L1 pressed. Maybe I wasn't doing that. Will give it a go. Cheers.

It's not just any shot. It's a game changer against superstar on full manual. Just tied 3-3 against Feyenoord away with 10 men; 3 out of 3 goals with this shot. Inside the box it's absolutely deadly.

It does make your stats look weird, cause it doesn't count as a shot.

Last edited:
I can't believe some of the negativity on here around the game. I love it this year and have played it more than any version in years

I think some people over analyse things way too much

I don't think it's that bad, although I am like you, I think the game is just great this year. I have never played a football game for a long period of time as I did with PES 2015. I still enjoy it and looking forward to the next Data Pack but hope they don't miss up the game play and just focus on few tweaks here and there. I think most of the complains coming from the online side of the game while there is a general agreement that the core game play is very good.

I think next year they should take away the pass assist and just have zero bar..I've just been promoted to div 11 in seasons and all of a sudden it's perfect pass and through ball fest ..they must be on 3 or 4 assist..holding my own still but it's hard work...problem is trying to find a similar pass level which I persume is 0-2 finds no results

Last edited:
hah

3e07fec5-e7a1-4c29-8642-62f18a3f9e6b.gif

Last edited:
I love it, its' great to play.

Only things that annoy me are the refs who hardly give you a foul, whilst they constantly blow for the other team, and more annoyingly if an opposition player falls your guy seems to be either tripped up or unable to get the ball from him, so basically he falls, gets up and runs away with the ball. Pretty annoying.

FD

According to posters in the PS4 thread the new PS4 update enables saves on an external hard drive which is great news for PES Option files doesn't it?

Anyone, ANYONE who cares to post up another personal attack on someone/ANYONE and derail this thread,no matter who it is will receive an infraction.
Doesnt matter who You are or how long You have been around here.

You all know who You are.

Thread cleaned up,for the last time,after that posts will stand side by side with bans.

Keep it reasonable,civilised and on topic.

Yes because the CPU thinks that it is a pass, not a shot

Don't think that matters. The goalie will try his best to save it, and they sometimes pull spectacular saves. And it's not a very effective method from outside the box. From a greater distance, a shot to top corner is more deadly.

But the fact is that reaction saves against low and high shots are difficult to make, and it is much easier to hit a bottom corner with a hard shot than it is to hit a top corner. Also, a low hard shot is hard.

Edit. Those who play with assisted shooting can shoot low hard shots without the L1&(O+O) trick. Right? How effective are those shots from the kill zone inside the box?

Last edited:
According to posters in the PS4 thread the new PS4 update enables saves on an external hard drive which is great news for PES Option files doesn't it?

I got this response but im not getting excited, what is stopping the option file getting written to the ex HD but still having an individual PS4 id attached to it..is that not what the issue is now? I dont know enough about it

here's a tip for headers on full manual as they go all over the place- use the manual over ride button and direction and O and headers suddenly become far more effective

Just won the Dutch cup semifinal against superstar 1-0 thanks to your tip. A cross by the RB, and my CF makes a run ending in a perfect little manual override header from a small angle over the keeper. What a great PES moment.

Edit. Here's a wild guess on why they decided that the CPU will not cross often: it can't. Look at the cases where superstar tries to cross from a free kick; it tries to do that relatively often. Those free kick crosses end up off target at least 95% of the time.

Last edited:
Here's a wild guess on why they decided that the CPU will not cross often: it can't. Look at the cases where superstar tries to cross from a free kick; it tries to do that relatively often. Those free kick crosses end up off target at least 95% of the time.
As I mentioned before, players/teams with the following abilities/tactics will cross the ball plenty and effectively:

Pinpoint Crossing
Long Ball Expert
Early Cross
Target Man/Adv Striker

Counter Attack
Long Ball tactics
Wide Offense
Many on Offense
Low Compactness

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom