PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

Cheers for posting this up, I've applied for it, no harm in trying, although probably won't get it because of my criticism of PES/Konami on here, but who knows.

Not blowing my own trumpet but I was a data editor for PESEdit patch, so this is ideal for me, and I spent so much time doing data checks etc on the patch, so hoping I can be of some use to Konami :)

As critical as this community is I think most have an interest in seeing this series return to former glories and acclaim. Good luck simcut

Myclub is so broken. How am I supposed to earn GP, when i´m using all my GP on contract. 10 of my starting eleven players are over 80, which means i need to pay 2000 - 2900 for each player after 10 matches. I earn 2000 every match i play. after 11 matches i have earned 22.000. My cost of player will be the same or higher. The only way to play myclub and be succesfull is by buying those damn coins. Any tips how i can earn GP´s. This mode looks like it´s designed this way, so you have to buy coins, freaking bastards Konami and here i was supporting you guys over greedy EA.
Any help how i can earn GP without using money to buy coins? And i have done all those small challenges that makes you earn between 90-300 gp.

Work on having a squad of good lesser players and take in the Com in the competitions available. I have a a squad of 50 that I rotate so instead of a full strength squad rotate between your lesser players. I have Krhin who plays far beyond his rating of 71 as well as Ceatano and a few others. If you get the team spirit into the 90s they can be a pain for anyone.

I really like the game this year and have played more seasons in the master league that I have for years. I am playing as Newcastle and in my fourth season and I am close to winning the league for the first time this season.

Same here. Started with Wigan in Skybet. Won it and got promoted. Left Wigan and took a job with Cardiff in the EPL, and Croatia Internationally. Finished 12th in the EPL :TD: Up next is Euro 2016 and I`m in a decent group with Spain, Portugal, and Turkey. Like the fact that you can switch clubs so often and play against a squad you actually built.

I am sure all offline players know the infamous superstar winger that starts from your corner flag and then proceeds to your box by cutting through your defenders like they're not even there. I am quite happy with my defending otherwise, but this is one problem I can not solve with any decent regularity.

Just played Twente-Feyenoord as Twente. Won 1-0, but it was partially by luck, since Feyenoord had 20 shots. I would say that approx. 16 of those shots came through the winger from hell. Many matches are ok, some - like this one - are torture. (Edit. All attacks came through the left wing. Maybe it was this winger. He's got speed, explosive power, dribbling skills etc. Forgot to check his condition.)

Traditionally I have all the men I need between the attacker and the goal. The problem is that none of them can stop the winger. In the match I just played, in one occasion I had 4 players simultaneously pressing the winger. He casually cut through them all.

I have tried to solve this problem since PES 2015 came out. Let me list some of the things I have tried.
  • containment wide: may help a bit, but not much
  • pressing aggressive/conservative: no difference
  • pressure: keeping "x" pressed: huge mistake
  • pressure: a well-timed single press of "x": sometimes helps, but the timing is ridiculously sensitive; also depends quite a bit on player stats
  • jockeying, maybe combined with pressure: again helps sometimes, but often they just fly by the defender, because jockeying slows the defender down
  • (multiple) teammate pressure: the winger almost always beats the defenders pressing
  • tackle a.k.a. double press "x": when works gives you cards in two different colours

Any techniques I have not tried yet?

Last edited:
:LOL: anyway, whats the latest news on sony and microsoft adding image transfer and storage to their consoles to allow option files?

I heard Microsoft have added skydrive so you can transfer images to you xbone and store them there, will that be enough for option files for 2016?

have sony pulled their finger out yet?

Anyone else buy Pep as coach for myclub?

I wonder sometimes if Konami watch football at all. His gamestyle is so piss poor it's bad. He is actually a liability for me as a coach

3-1-3-3 is the setup with all attack and defence happening out wide and aggressive frontline pressure. This means you will permanently have to watch for your back 3 being stretched and your wingbacks (or MF) far upfield
The players are miles apart but it shows as short pass build up. Makes absolutely no sense.

For games that I feel the CPU is getting a boost or they are in red, I man-mark them with either a fullback if it's a winger or a DM if it's a striker. For me, it helps so much dealing with those just unstoppable players.

James Beaver said:
the winger from hell

Though about this for a few days and experimented some more today. Finally - after all these months - figured out a solution; or should I say the problem.

When the überwinger makes his move, the positioning and timing of defense must be immaculate. This is quite difficult because when the attacker proceeds from the corner flag, either the defender or the attacker is partially blocking the view. I was using a camera that was zoomed out too much. By changing to a closer camera, my ability to make the right move at the right time improved dramatically.

After winning a domestic league match at home 2–1, I lost an away Euro match to a stronger team 3-1 (full manual, superstar). I did not mind losing the latter match, because CPU goals felt fair. No longer was the opponent slicing through a thick defense from the wings - their strong wingers made the traditional attempts, which I now blocked. The goals came from an elaborate 1-2; a post-corner hassle; and a quick break after a failed clearance. A great game just got a good deal better!

Last edited:
:LOL: anyway, whats the latest news on sony and microsoft adding image transfer and storage to their consoles to allow option files?

I heard Microsoft have added skydrive so you can transfer images to you xbone and store them there, will that be enough for option files for 2016?

have sony pulled their finger out yet?

In theory skydive would be perfect.

Konami needs to ditch trying to create a kit editing experience for dummies.. we dont want it..

Why dont they just make it so we use the same gdb square kit templates that they use.

The ownus could be on us to get the kit right in photoshop 1st before we upload to one drive.

it would save them development time and would make all advanced editors happy.

Only the noobs will find it difficult but i feel they are not important for the bigger picture.

Guys maybe off topic, I don`t know why but from pes 2008 to 2014 I found that the game is much more smooth and gave me better experience if I play on 480p 4:3. Yesterday I tried this with pes 2015 on ps4 and guess what...the graphics are bad but flow of the game is amazing, feel free to try, you will be surprised :)

Guys maybe off topic, I don`t know why but from pes 2008 to 2014 I found that the game is much more smooth and gave me better experience if I play on 480p 4:3. Yesterday I tried this with pes 2015 on ps4 and guess what...the graphics are bad but flow of the game is amazing, feel free to try, you will be surprised :)

I've been playing the game on 480p 4:3 for a while now. The experience is better than 720 or 1080 for me, for some reason, and the graphics don't look that bad, in my opinion.

I've been playing the game on 480p 4:3 for a while now. The experience is better than 720 or 1080 for me, for some reason, and the graphics don't look that bad, in my opinion.

Wow, i can´t even stand 720p anymore... I guess a game on 480p would make me :PUKE:

I am glad that someone shares my opinion :D Feels like a different, more polished game, even the camera during game play gives natural look like edited camera on pc :) I suggest this to everyone to try :)

people a couple of pages back saying dpad works well and now people playing it in 480p. Proof, if ever it was needed, that Konami are still a mile behind where they need to be.

The effort across the communities to try and make this game playable is admirable but at some point Konami need to understand this simply isn't good enough. Will they ever produce anther "great" PES game? Doubtful imo.

PS, to those somehow enjoying it for prolonged periods, please just ignore this rather than get riled up.

ive just gone an bought FIFA 15 again, the first game it is immediate to see the difference in variance..sure it has its faults and such as does PES but i have seen goals that just wouldn't happen in pes

Also this 480 stuff and it was me who said the Dpad played really well just shows what konami have done in my opinion - took a last gen game and ported it across.I am still convinced that the PS3 and definitely mid range PC could run the PS4 version of the game there's nothing in it to suggest it is next gen

In theory skydive would be perfect.

Konami needs to ditch trying to create a kit editing experience for dummies.. we dont want it..

Why dont they just make it so we use the same gdb square kit templates that they use.

The ownus could be on us to get the kit right in photoshop 1st before we upload to one drive.

it would save them development time and would make all advanced editors happy.

Only the noobs will find it difficult but i feel they are not important for the bigger picture.

I agree to an extent, although making GDB kits from 2014 and 2015 onwards is a little different, Not everyone can just upload a .png image straight tot he game it needs to be made ready in .dds format, which is simple enough for me but this is really quite advanced for a 'noob' who would get intimidated just by turning photoshop on.

At the bare minimum it should be expected to have a full editor like in 2014 and int he future the full kits like we have on the PC version should be available for consoles.

What do you mean by flow of the game?

Gameplay flaws in Pes 2015 are not related to resolution or aspect ratio. That is simply a placebo effect.

That is just nostalgia playing tricks on you. Giving the game a 4:3 aspect ratio makes you remember the good old days when Pes was on Ps2.
You can't even talk about framerate, because framerate in Pes 2015 on ps4 is always at 60 fps.

Until someone has a technical explanation that gives substance to you impressions this still remains as a placebo effect.

Last edited:
What do you mean by flow of the game?

Gameplay flaws in Pes 2015 are not related to resolution or aspect ratio. That is simply a placebo effect.

That is just nostalgia playing tricks on you. Giving the game a 4:3 aspect ratio makes you remember the good old days when Pes was on Ps2.
You can't even talk about framerate, because framerate in Pes 2015 on ps4 is always at 60 fps.

Until someone has a technical explanation that gives substance to you impressions this still remains as a placebo effect.

FLOW - FLAW , think there is something lost in translation.

FLOW of the game :) the game plays much smoother. Don`t expect that changing aspect ratio will fix some things, but all animations, shooting, passing looks more natural :) and about flaws of the game, every game developed by humas will have flaws no matter how good technology is, so enjoy the game unless game became borring or annoying ;)

I am glad that someone shares my opinion :D Feels like a different, more polished game, even the camera during game play gives natural look like edited camera on pc :) I suggest this to everyone to try :)

Glad I'm not the only nut playing with PS4 at this setting.:) Player models look better to me in 480p too. Less chunky is the best way I can describe them.

Check this out, it's a 1vs11 match organized by KONAMI: http://youtu.be/dSr6Xy_o5bk?t=1h11m41s

This match was a good watch and fascinating and Konami really show the biggest issue with the game and essentially their intention for the future.

Honome, we had that good debate and you where worried PES would remain rigid for the foreseeable future, i think this video shows that surely it will not.

The 11 players where organised well but it's fascinating the massive advantage they had over the 2013 world champion! All because the players off the ball where not stuck on a rigid system where players moved too slowly off the ball.

I think again we have seen PES 2015 in its format there no way to improve the game at all unless they look to advance the game with the PES 2013 style movement.

Hitman is right also. PES 2015 is a PS3 technology game on all platforms only on the PS4/one it has slightly more glossed graphics and better crowds and pitches.

Back
Top Bottom