PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

I got this on Ps4 and just recently got it for my PS3, i'm enjoying PS3 version better. Not sure why but it just seems to play better.

Seriously?

The button lag is there. You can attempt to dress it up as players shifting their body weight or whatever, but to deny it's even there is frightening. Either rose tinted fanboy glasses or you've just become so adjusted to it that you're not feeling it anymore. But it's a stone wall fact that it's there.

Is correct. Every review I read back in September last year highlighted the button lag and the players feeling "stiff".

It's definitely there offline, but not a game-breaker by any stretch. The game would be a lot better without it though. Next year, hopefully.

That's what we always say. Next year, next year. How about Konami give us fans an excellent, non buggy game just for once?

It's all well and good saying that the lag comes from players adjusting their body before playing out the animation but these delays before striking the ball need to be relative to the situation the player is in.

To see my player take an age over a simple pass when an opponent is right up his arse is extremely frustrating.

Agreed. There should be some button combination for executing a pass in mode "do your worst right now."

I was just on the practice field trying to figure out whether some button combination would make a pass quicker. Am I imagining things, or does the following perform a pass faster: pass in your regular manner, and then tap pass again. It looks to me like most of the time the player will then pass immediately as soon as he touches the ball. Or?

A decent review, although I doubt it was written with the latest patch:

http://www.cubed3.com/review/1820/1/pro-evolution-soccer-2015-playstation-4.html

That's the best review I've seen so far but I think it echoes things we already know.

Still, it touches on the problem with the foundation of the game lacking in direction and for me that's something I'm particularly concerned about, because I feel as if I have no idea what they're going to concentrate on in the future. Nobody seems to hear a bloody word from the people making the game about what they want to add to the game, or even their concerns about things they feel like they need to address.

That's one reason why I miss somebody like Seabass. He actually gave interviews and made it feel like there was somebody in the director's chair steering the ship.

Last edited:
i personally think THE KING IS BACK.
like the review said: if you like arcade then this one is not your style.:COOL:

i agree too mate, for me too the king is back but for pes 16, presentation, commentary and an indepth ML is a must or else gameplay wont be enough this time to buy.

Last edited:
That's the best review I've seen so far but I think it echoes things we already know.

Still, it touches on the problem with the foundation of the game lacking in direction and for me that's something I'm particularly concerned about, because I feel as if I have no idea what they're going to concentrate on in the future. Nobody seems to hear a bloody word from the people making the game about what they want to add to the game, or even their concerns about things they feel like they need to address.

That's one reason why I miss somebody like Seabass. He actually gave interviews and made it feel like there was somebody in the director's chair steering the ship.
It's not the best review. A 6/10 is far too low for the best PES ever. Just rediculous. Even a 7/10 would be at the low side. There is a tendency overhere to emphasize on the negative points on the game, while there are many good points.

It's not the best review. A 6/10 is far too low for the best PES ever. Just rediculous. Even a 7/10 would be at the low side. There is a tendency overhere to emphasize on the negative points on the game, while there are many good points.

6 is too low by today's standards ratings (inflated reviews where an 8 seems to indicate an average game) but if you think as a real value it's quite correct.

Average is the best word to describe Pes 2015. Good/great gameplay but the rest is mediocre (modes, online, myclub,stadiums, options,editing options)

Awful presentation and modes really bring this game down. That is where they have to drastically improve.

Do you remember the last Seabass years interviews? Costantly apologizing about the game being bad and promising the next one would have been much better. I don't miss him.

They've just got that Adam Batthi person to do that instead now!

;)

actually what he does when there is an issue is call customers "dramatic". I can confidently say if he is the voice of Konami to customers then they are in serious trouble. What serious brand would allow this in public

Agreed. Even though I concur with a lot of what is written in that review, it forgets that PES 2015 is the best football game on the pitch since PES 6. That is worth something. Off the pitch though it would be lucky to get that score.

EDIT: He nailed FIFA 15 (http://www.cubed3.com/review/1677/1/fifa-15-playstation-4.html), although his score there is a bit low too. At least he's consistent, I suppose.

Last edited:
actually what he does when there is an issue is call customers "dramatic". I can confidently say if he is the voice of Konami to customers then they are in serious trouble. What serious brand would allow this in public

He blocked me on Twitter because I asked if Konami were going to address the button lag online - I wasn't abusive, I just asked a fair question!

I think they could lower the home team momentum / home team spirit just a tad. Played a Europa League match away against a 1.5 star team who had a pass success rate of 96%. (Superstar, full manual, my team 3.5 stars)

I think the home team advantage turns a 60 point attacker into an approx. 80 point attacker.

The match ended 1-1, shots 19-1. :)

Last edited:
I think they could lower the home team momentum / home team spirit just a tad. Played a Europa League match away against a 1.5 star team who had a pass success rate of 96%. (Superstar, full manual)

I think the home team advantage turns a 60 point attacker into an approx. 80 point attacker.

You are going to see this a lot in these champions league games which are being uploaded by me now. :RANT:

You are going to see this a lot in these champions league games which are being uploaded by me now. :RANT:

Nice to have other members in the club.

There is probably a Euro factor in addition to a home team factor. I played another match away against a team with the same rating (1.5 stars) in the domestic league (Eredivisie), and that match was just fine: CPU pass rate at around 70%.

There's no point in playing frontline aggressive pressure in these "outlier" matches - their ball control and passes are just too perfect. It's either conservative or all-out aggressive.

Last edited:
Try playing against a team away from home and give them red arrows.

5lAiXpt.gif

Your playing against fucking POSSESSED DEMONS! I tell you DEMONS!!!!!

Never again i'm going to do that, right had enough! You CANNOT TACKLE THEM!

I can't even beat them away from home on random arrows...

By the way I think, and especially on higher levels, high pressure is not rewarding, since AI passes so unrealistically accurately. A purpose of press is to force an opponent to give a bad pass, but in this game this is very unlikely and CPU just passes your frontline by easily. Probably due to that I have better results with All-Out Defense setting.

Hello

I've noticed that the PES2015 Community on Twitch is non-existent & obviously FIFA is pulling thousands of viewers every single day!

Is there an appeal for PES 2015 Twitch Streamers?

I currently stream on Twitch myself & wondered if venturing into streaming PES2015 on a regular basis would be a thing, the community would want?

My Twitch Channel is - www.twitch.tv/huzzgamingchannel

Hope for some feedback

Thanks

Hello

I've noticed that the PES2015 Community on Twitch is non-existent & obviously FIFA is pulling thousands of viewers every single day!

Is there an appeal for PES 2015 Twitch Streamers?

I currently stream on Twitch myself & wondered if venturing into streaming PES2015 on a regular basis would be a thing, the community would want?

My Twitch Channel is - www.twitch.tv/huzzgamingchannel

Hope for some feedback

Thanks

I've noticed that most of these views on youtube and twitch etc come from 7-13 year old kids. you have to look at the comments and how immature they are on the big youtuber videos.

PES just doesn't appeal to the younger generation at all, fifa has that market on lock, ultimate team has replaced stickers and trading cards as the must have playground accessory in suburban england and its biggest youtubers all act like complete clowns and full of crass humor and hissy fits which appeal to the immature masses of kids.

The biggest pes youtuber is elspecialbradpitto who gets around 5,000-12,000 per video. Twitch would be the same, pes isn't mad popular since its not been consistently popular with something like ultimate team etc.. to build that community.

I think they could lower the home team momentum / home team spirit just a tad. Played a Europa League match away against a 1.5 star team who had a pass success rate of 96%. (Superstar, full manual, my team 3.5 stars)

This is why the game is extremely unrealistic. That just wouldn't happen in "real football" I.e. a team like Young Boys having 19 shots against Roma.

This is why the game is extremely unrealistic. That just wouldn't happen in "real football" I.e. a team like Young Boys having 19 shots against Roma.

Grain of salt here: I was playing on full manual with a somewhat weakened squad.

I wouldn't call PES "extremely unrealistic." Weird stuff just happens in some matches. Somebody aptly called such matches "difficulty spikes", I think. I don't yet understand fully their source. Match type, home team, player condition, tactics, early events in match. Could be all of these and more.

Do you remember the last Seabass years interviews? Costantly apologizing about the game being bad and promising the next one would have been much better. I don't miss him.

No, but he was right to obviously. I'm just lamenting over a nostalgic idea.

Agreed. Even though I concur with a lot of what is written in that review, it forgets that PES 2015 is the best football game on the pitch since PES 6. That is worth something. Off the pitch though it would be lucky to get that score.

EDIT: He nailed FIFA 15 (http://www.cubed3.com/review/1677/1/fifa-15-playstation-4.html), although his score there is a bit low too. At least he's consistent, I suppose.

In the past decade, both Fifa and PES have had versions of the series that felt far more important (for their times) so as a neutral I think 6 is a pretty good representation of where we're at. Both games stagnated for one reason or another and they feel years behind considering how promising they once felt that they could be. I think that's important to remember for a review but not necessarily for anybody here.

Last edited:
Really enjoyed reading both of those reviews (the Cub3d reviews of FIFA and PES).

If only - if ONLY - either EA or Konami would A) read them, and B) give a flying fuck about them.

Anyway, it made me think about my manager career in PES and that I've neglected it for a while due to that 90% passing accuracy. What difficulty level do you guys play on? Is there any way around this?

I found "Top Player" too easy (but I was playing as Liverpool, so I might change to a Championship club) - but on "Superstar" the opposition would score and then I'd never touch the ball again. Literally.

Really enjoyed reading both of those reviews (the Cub3d reviews of FIFA and PES).

If only - if ONLY - either EA or Konami would A) read them, and B) give a flying fuck about them.

Anyway, it made me think about my manager career in PES and that I've neglected it for a while due to that 90% passing accuracy. What difficulty level do you guys play on? Is there any way around this?

I found "Top Player" too easy (but I was playing as Liverpool, so I might change to a Championship club) - but on "Superstar" the opposition would score and then I'd never touch the ball again. Literally.

The only way around the 90% AI passing is to edit tactics for all the teams.

i agree too mate, for me too the king is back but for pes 16, presentation, commentary and an indepth ML is a must or else gameplay wont be enough this time to buy.
the gameplay is still key and is great to just build upon but i agree that the other aspects really need an overhaul.

:APPLAUD: yup, that's the trend. It somehow seems to be cool to just complain about the minuses and just ignore all the positive things about this game.
if you love the other game (not just appreciate or enjoy)then PES 15 wasn't made for you. accept it, and just move on. is what i do every year with FIFA but i do not invest hours or an incredible amount of posts to convince others of me being right.

Started a new career tonight as Bolton manager - played a friendly against a Greek team (I forget who but their star rating was higher than mine). Played on Top Player and won 5-0, with them getting very few chances.

Played my first league game against Millwall, put the difficulty up to Superstar, and lost 5-1... Talk about no middle ground! :D

I found it much more enjoyable than the save I'd started with Liverpool, though. First half passing accuracy seems to be around 70% for second-tier (two-star) opposition, with it jumping to 86%-90% at full-time (not sure why that's the case). Usually I have the same amount of shots as the opposition and that's where my problem lies - I seem to hit every shot straight at the goalkeeper despite attempting to direct it either side of him, whereas the CPU strikers always seem to be on great form...

Back
Top Bottom