PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

Started a new career tonight as Bolton manager - played a friendly against a Greek team (I forget who but their star rating was higher than mine). Played on Top Player and won 5-0, with them getting very few chances.

Played my first league game against Millwall, put the difficulty up to Superstar, and lost 5-1... Talk about no middle ground! :D

I found it much more enjoyable than the save I'd started with Liverpool, though. First half passing accuracy seems to be around 70% for second-tier (two-star) opposition, with it jumping to 86%-90% at full-time (not sure why that's the case). Usually I have the same amount of shots as the opposition and that's where my problem lies - I seem to hit every shot straight at the goalkeeper despite attempting to direct it either side of him, whereas the CPU strikers always seem to be on great form...

This game is hopeless in Superstar, it feels like playing Fifa on legendary with default sliders. CPU boost is clear, they have superhuman speed, reflexes, pass accuracy ang goalkeepers. It's like playing against a machine and not a human-like simulated. That's very disapointed because superstar on previous PES was never so cheated and unfair like this year. The only way i can play the game is on Top Player, 1 bar pass support, advanced through ball and power bar off.

The only way around the 90% AI passing is to edit tactics for all the teams.

That tells me that the gameplay itself is good. The input for the gameplay is not good, all according to the assumption that you can improve certain aera's of the game by tweaking the teams.

I'd just like to see a "realism" setting, which is what I always expect the hardest difficulty to be.

In a nutshell, if I play a better team, they should win and if I play a worse team, it should be easier. At the moment, in FIFA and PES, team quality doesn't seem to make a huge difference (or as huge a difference as it should).

If I'm Man United and I'm playing Tranmere, I expect to win easily and have no challenge, but you still need a level of concentration in football to do your job without making any slip-ups.

If I'm Tranmere and I'm playing Man United, I expect to get slaughtered because my players don't have the fitness or the skill to keep up. Otherwise, it may as well be whites versus reds, mightn't it? No need for team names or player names if every player is of a similar calibre and you can win every game to "make it fair" because it's "just a game".

I'd expect to have to get my team promoted many times and invest a lot of time and effort (and get every signing right) to ever reach the Premier League and/or compete against a team like that. That's what I expect from a football game in this era.

This game is hopeless in Superstar...

I wouldn't go that far. You only need to take a look at TheTrueBrits' Liverpool master league to see play against superstar which has resulted in only one loss so far in the BPL. I would even say that for him superstar is too easy on assisted.

Superstar, full manual, is certainly challenging enough for me, not being born with a controller in my hand. With some high blood pressure retakes, my first league with Monaco ended in 16th place, and my second league with Napoli in 14th. Both should be among top 5 in their leagues. But boy does a victory taste good when it's tough. Like the 1-2 win away against Roma in the final of the Italian cup, the decider scored with a free kick in the upper corner; free kick assist dots off, naturally.

I repeat what I have said so often: if this were easy, how many of us would be interested?

Last edited:
For anyone who would like to test - I played about 6 games last night using the DPad rather than the left stick, felt I had far more control over it - I even drew a red card from the AI. Worth trying out. I still used full manual controls

I wouldn't go that far. You only need to take a look at TheTrueBrits' Liverpool master league to see play against superstar which has resulted in only one loss so far in the BPL. I would even say that for him superstar is too easy on assisted.

Superstar, full manual, is certainly challenging enough for me, not being born with a controller in my hand. With some high blood pressure retakes, my first league with Monaco ended in 16th place, and my second league with Napoli in 14th. Both should be among top 5 in their leagues. But boy does a victory taste good when it's tough. Like the 1-2 win away against Roma in the final of the Italian cup, the decider scored with a free kick in the upper corner; free kick assist dots off, naturally.

I repeat what I have said so often: if this were easy, how many of us would be interested?

Well i said it´s hopeless not because it´s too difficult, is more like it´s just not fun to play against the CPU that way. I was playing a Premier League with West Ham on superstar and i was leading the league but was having zero fun playing the games, everythyng was painful. Every pass was intercepted by the CPU, they run more than my team, had lightspeed reflexes as soon as i press the button, game also end up being a through ball spam from beginning to the end. As i said, it was a painful experience.

Although i agree that making a superstar difficult is probably difficult without giving the CPU boosts and making the game unfair we all know that PES did it greatly in the past and i hope they just make the way they did in 2015 for lack of time because it was a very cheap solution for creating the higher difficult of the game.

Well i said it´s hopeless not because it´s too difficult, is more like it´s just not fun to play against the CPU that way. I was playing a Premier League with West Ham on superstar and i was leading the league but was having zero fun playing the games, everythyng was painful.

Good clarification.

I'd say that I have to be "in the zone" in order to do well in the game and be relaxed - otherwise I am either not doing well, or playing feels hard. And it's like playing against a venomous snake: give them just a bit of slack and you're dead.

But then again, the matches can be amazing. Yesterday ended up playing the same match multiple times, away against sc Heerenveen, me playing FC Twente. Brilliant thrillers, the opposition striking deadly with an excellent variety of different offensive tools, me trying my best in the few chances that I got. What a joy, even though I ended up losing multiple times.

And yes, they had the momentum and the boost, but at least sometimes part of the fun is taking that into account: look for more space, use the strengths of your players to the fullest, change tactics. One of the oddities I found when I started my league with Twente is a young Japanese winger with a sixty something rating but 94 speed. It's intriguing to try to use his speed, given that his ball control, finishing and passing are not at the same level.

And the home matches can be quite reasonable, with my home advantage trumping some of the superstar CPU boost.

I have had occasions where I have thought that superstar is just too much. Either I have gotten used to the feeling of losing, or I am still seeing development in my playing, but overall I have started to enjoy it more and more the more I play.

The whole game is upside down. You play a weaker team the CPU enhances their skills, cripples yours and you lose, you play a stronger team the CPU will cripple their skills and you end up winning or at least not losing. The CPU overcompensating massively is making the game a sick joke.

And when is Konami going to do something about the biased refs? 5 consecutive games now and not one free kick awarded to me. I don't even bother practising free kicks any more as there's no point. A complete joke that needs sorting asap.

I'm still having a blast with the game. Love my master league adventures. Still feel I have a lot learn from the game. For me, it's the best gameplay Konami have ever put out. Expecting big things for 2016.

On manual you can still kick it where you want , I feel more in control of the player

Tried the d pad. Not bad. Found it difficult on manual, using the d pad,in regards to angles of passing. Maybe cause I'm not used to it though. May have a mother go. Feels just as responsive though.

The whole game is upside down. You play a weaker team the CPU enhances their skills, cripples yours and you lose, you play a stronger team the CPU will cripple their skills and you end up winning or at least not losing. The CPU overcompensating massively is making the game a sick joke.

And when is Konami going to do something about the biased refs? 5 consecutive games now and not one free kick awarded to me. I don't even bother practising free kicks any more as there's no point. A complete joke that needs sorting asap.

Yep. Refs have been shit for several years now. Ridiculous really.

Why is pes2015 offline brilliant yet online it's the biggest pile of shit going unbelievable Jeff as Chris Kamari would say.
Online it's so slow sluggish and unresponsive in this day and age of faster broadband speeds its criminal.

I'm still having a blast with the game. Love my master league adventures. Still feel I have a lot learn from the game. For me, it's the best gameplay Konami have ever put out. Expecting big things for 2016.

Have you installed the latest patch (1.03)? I am still enjoying the game too but reluctant to install the update since I like the game off line as is. Have anything changed after the latest patch?

Continuing my ML career last night, I noticed that putting the game speed on -2 (which I think is necessary in the Championship, so so fast otherwise), the input lag became frighteningly similar to the online input lag.

So I'm sure it's netcode related. I'm still hoping for a patch to make it a little easier to enjoy online (even though I enjoy it regardless).

Have you installed the latest patch (1.03)? I am still enjoying the game too but reluctant to install the update since I like the game off line as is. Have anything changed after the latest patch?

I installed the patch and having not played the game for months because I just didn't like it (mainly because the cpu passing and first touch was far too perfect, and the pathetic refereeing) but I strangely quite enjoy it now, despite these issue not having been fixed at all. Can't really put my finger on what's changed.

I installed the patch and having not played the game for months because I just didn't like it (mainly because the cpu passing and first touch was far too perfect, and the pathetic refereeing) but I strangely quite enjoy it now, despite these issue not having been fixed at all. Can't really put my finger on what's changed.

At least defensive awareness was improved. Number of through balls was greatly decreased.

I really like the game this year and have played more seasons in the master league that I have for years. I am playing as Newcastle and in my fourth season and I am close to winning the league for the first time this season.

Although I love it, I played the same game four times against Tottenham as ever time it felt like I was cheated. In every game I had a player sent off and conceded either 1 or 2 penalties for ‘x’ tackles that were perfectly times and didn’t touch the player and also had stone wall penalties refused at the other end. The best I could do in the 4 games was 2 all draw. In that game I even saved a pen that bounced back of Krull’s foot and went in

Cheers for posting this up, I've applied for it, no harm in trying, although probably won't get it because of my criticism of PES/Konami on here, but who knows.

Not blowing my own trumpet but I was a data editor for PESEdit patch, so this is ideal for me, and I spent so much time doing data checks etc on the patch, so hoping I can be of some use to Konami :)

Myclub is so broken. How am I supposed to earn GP, when i´m using all my GP on contract. 10 of my starting eleven players are over 80, which means i need to pay 2000 - 2900 for each player after 10 matches. I earn 2000 every match i play. after 11 matches i have earned 22.000. My cost of player will be the same or higher. The only way to play myclub and be succesfull is by buying those damn coins. Any tips how i can earn GP´s. This mode looks like it´s designed this way, so you have to buy coins, freaking bastards Konami and here i was supporting you guys over greedy EA.
Any help how i can earn GP without using money to buy coins? And i have done all those small challenges that makes you earn between 90-300 gp.

Im a dynasty/franchise/manager guy, love building a dynasty with small clubes... yeah too bad konami still dont make a more complex manager mode. I really like the manager mode on FIFA15, all those gimicks really adds more depth. Too bad i hate FIFA gameplay on the last few years and i dont even want to start about the players models....that is one the most horrific things i ever saw on a sports game.

That said, both games have some problems, FIFA still have legacy problems, PES still have a lot things broken, the refs, the script but ohh boy when this game shines, it shines...

And one thing i dont understand.... i like football, but i love baseball, american foobtall and ice hockey and is funny when a lot of americans players always brings the FIFA franshise to the table when they talk about Madden or even NHL. They keep praising the game (not sayng its a bad game but let me finish my thoughts) and bashing teams like EA Tiburon (Since Rex joined the team Madden is really improving a lot... i can see a lot of love on the game)and others ....when they have 2/3 biggest sports sims on their country like The Show, NBA2k or even NFL2k (rip).

Konami even have one of the most amzing sim games ever made ( for me the best ever heck its the only reason i had a ps3 and now i have a ps4 lol ), the Pro Yakyuu Spirits.

Twelve Spirits

One exemple on this franshie...just look at those animations...

Sorry about this text but i really dont understand some people. one thing is certain, Pes 2015 have a really good foundation for the next years, even with some problems the game i still have more fun with Pes 2015 than fifa in the last 6/7 years.

Having a blast with my ML with Tours on the Ligue 2 :)

Myclub is so broken. How am I supposed to earn GP, when i´m using all my GP on contract. 10 of my starting eleven players are over 80, which means i need to pay 2000 - 2900 for each player after 10 matches. I earn 2000 every match i play. after 11 matches i have earned 22.000. My cost of player will be the same or higher. The only way to play myclub and be succesfull is by buying those damn coins. Any tips how i can earn GP´s. This mode looks like it´s designed this way, so you have to buy coins, freaking bastards Konami and here i was supporting you guys over greedy EA.
Any help how i can earn GP without using money to buy coins? And i have done all those small challenges that makes you earn between 90-300 gp.
Well, don't play with your best players in every match. And yes, obviously KONAMI wants to earn some money.

On a completely unrelated note, this was available in Japan:
http://store.sony.jp/Special/Game/Ps4/Winningeleven2015/
main_img.jpg

gallery_r_img_01.jpg
Using Honda to advertise the Champions League licence looks like trolling to me. :D

Back
Top Bottom