PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

Argentinean???? How dare you!!!! :P

I live in third world, mate. :(. If i was sure the game would be good online playing on EU servers i would buy this version, but i know it won't happen. But i am happy with the games i'm having against other people on US servers, in fact i never wait longer than 30 seconds to get a game on myclub.

You guys actually have it good. I live in Australia so I cant get a decent lagless game against anyone no matter which version I buy. I never get paired with someone in OZ, seems like everyone down under plays FIFA except for me! All my mates certainly do!

I have to say this pes 2015 is the best sports game and the best pes in a long time. I have eaten all my words the game has clicked for me. Goodbye social life, and the AI are such a joy to play against so fun and challenging. i played everton and lukaku was a beast you could tell that it was him barging players off the ball. I was two goals down and everton actually wasted time to frustrate me by passing it in their half. Best pes in a long time.

Re: PES 2015 Discussion Thread

This thread.....

Homer-Walks-Into-Bar-and-Leaves.gif

This game is so much fun; talking strictly offline of course.

Also, I've had to increase pass assistance for now because I'm getting absolutely slaughtered. To be honest I haven't had the time to play on manual; needs focus that. So I play in short bursts. I'm still lovin it regardless because it has increased the fun factor for me causing the game to become very fast paced and frenetic. Will dabble with manual when I have some time. Love how players feel different from one another in regards to speed, agility, technical ability for dribbling and passing and much more. Awesome game.

Nice collection. I'm a casual PES player so I've been winning about 50 percent of my games playing on top player. Don't think I'm ready for superstar just yet. I'm ready to try manual since it makes the game more challenging. What is learning curve like?

Well manual definitely makes the game more difficult, but once you master it or at least get used to it, it widens your options with the ball. The hardest part of manual passing on PES in my opinion is the close (1-2 meter) passing, PES's power bar fills up quite quickly so underhitting (in fear of overhitting) and overhitting can be a problem. If you plan to play manual and haven't already, I'd recommend setting through balls to advanced as basic doesn't give you as much freedom.

When you start you might misplace passes often but by the end of the first game you'll start getting the hang of it, at least I did. From there it's easy, you'll improve every match. You may also notice that making a pass may take longer because you now have to think about 2 more things other than pressing 'X', you'll have to think about whether you're aiming correctly and how much power you need. Again, practice makes perfect, the more you play manual the easier it becomes.

I haven't played PES on assisted but I had a few games on Fifa with assisted and I can tell you that Fifa on legendary with full manual settings is about two if not three times more difficult than it is with assisted settings. Don't know if PES is the same, however.

But there's a chance that Top Player on manual is harder than Superstar on assisted.

Best of luck! ;)

That's Internet for ya, unfortunately, anybody can use it.

These are some of the best goals I scored in my first ML season, although there were some nicer build-up plays which I didn't include/save.. :(
PES2015: Master League Great Goals
All goals scored on Superstar, Full Manual and Advanced Through Balls.

I've read a lot of people saying it's too easy to score, do you play Superstar? I find it quite difficult at times, sometimes I'll have 3 shots and score two but other times I'll have 10 (of which most on target) with the keeper outdoing himself each time.

Superstar, full manual!!! I am struggling on professional and even regular sometimes but I must say it is a joy to play with all manual controls...

WHo is playing which difficulty? how balanced is it in ML for you?

I find superstar challenging but will drop down probably. In exhibition mode i found top player a bit easy. So some other Top player impressions would be appreciated.

The real problem is not the possession on superstar, it's the pass accuracy which is killing me. It's over 85% for com most games, where it should be less for lower rated teams. While there is passing error to some degree, this scripted defensive passing where you have to wait is exhausting and is the real factor for the possession stats. It's a balance act i hope they get right in future.

I find superstar challenging but will drop down probably. In exhibition mode i found top player a bit easy. So some other Top player impressions would be appreciated.

The real problem is not the possession on superstar, it's the pass accuracy which is killing me. It's over 85% for com most games, where it should be less for lower rated teams. While there is passing error to some degree, this scripted defensive passing where you have to wait is exhausting and is the real factor for the possession stats. It's a balance act i hope they get right in future.

I`ve found that team tactics plays a role in passing percentages. Counter attacking teams usually have lower percentages than possession teams as they try more risky passes..ex) long balls from deep

I spent five minutes adjusting one CPU team's crossing abilities and tactics, and now I've got a cross fest happening every game I play them. Every time they touch the ball, cross or long ball.

could you tell what tactics u changed so that barcelona and the Netherlands can cross the ball while STILL keeping their basic strategy.

holland 4-3-3 wing play, and barcelona center attack...

thanks

Until there's a patch, do not use shortpass-possession combo. Use short-pass counterattack instead. AI will play more realistically and also give you a tough game without playing keepy uppy. For less technical teams, set longpass-counterattack. This being just a video game, counterattacking football keeps the game exciting and flowing.

Until there's a patch, do not use shortpass-possession combo. Use short-pass counterattack instead. AI will play more realistically and also give you a tough game without playing keepy uppy. For less technical teams, set longpass-counterattack. This being just a video game, counterattacking football keeps the game exciting and flowing.

Couldn't agree more. I have changed all of the premier league teams to this

Watch a team pass the ball about around their box for twenty minutes and having your teams stamina disappear trying to get the ball isn't entertaining

I'm playing ML on Top Player. I'm having frequent episodes of pure rage with this game. I've never felt the need to throw my controller at the tv before until now :BRICK: , but still, I'm having fun, and always want to keep playing. I'm having all sorts of problems defending. CPU players do whatever they want at times, without my defenders being able to do anything to stop them. I'm using AC Milan as my team, and lower teams push my CBs all the time to get to where they want. CPU through balls are unstoppable also, because of their accuracy, and my defenders reacting very poorly to them. Also, I bought Depay, and all defenders are able to keep up with him on the wing. CPU attackers rarely miss shots, and make pinpoint goals even with defenders swarming them, but they always find a way to get the perfect placed shot for a goal.

Couldn't agree more. I have changed all of the premier league teams to this

Watch a team pass the ball about around their box for twenty minutes and having your teams stamina disappear trying to get the ball isn't entertaining

When a team does this you there´s two options:
A - you don´t mind with the result and just wait for them in your midfield
B- If you have a good enough team, set a high pressing tactic wich will force the CPU to go up on the pitch. Of course this leaves you with less men on defence but it sure stops the CPU keeping possession on their half.

This is the problem with the game with "shortpass-possession" You wont see the Ai make a cross. I played vs an ai team who's tactics was short-pass counterattack and they crossed the ball.

Would be great if there was a way to disable /remove the Short pass Possession option for all teams it would be a much better game.

Last edited:
This is the problem with the game with "shortpass-possession" You wont see the Ai make a cross. I played vs an ai team who's tactics was short-pass counterattack and they crossed the ball.

Would be great if there was a way to disable /remove the Short pass Possession option for all teams it would be a much better game.

Yeah its a bit exagerated. I think they tried to emulate the Barça possession style, specially a couple years ago. I´ve seen matches were Barça almost woudn´t cross, always looked for the tiki taka,even on the oponent´s box. They didn´t had reference players for the headers anyway. It´s a good thing, but just too overpowered and too many teams doing it makes it a bit unrealistic.
Still, its way better then any other edition. I prefer this then a game where CPU only plays direct football all the time.

If they can correct this, then even better!

I do notice that if CPU is loosing and looking for the game, they will start to cross more. Maybe because they change their mentality/tactic to a more attacking one.

it's a problem because of the removal of the sliders in the tactics options. all of the play styles becomes exaggerated and the AI take them too literally without any sense of what's happening around them in the game.

I guess that's slightly better than completely mindless and clueless AI. but it might wear thin after a while, you can see why it would get rave reviews on the face of it though

Am I the only person without F*king Ronaldo on my club? 4 teams in a row with him now? Turns into a 1-2 slutfest... How annoying so early on in the game when ur defenders are slow (Division 11?)...

Wow, i never expected sales figures to be this bad. VGChartz might not be the most reliable source but even if totals are off by 20% Konami is in serious trouble. I sure hope the holidays will give PES/WE some sales love. Fifa 15 has momentarily sold 10.5 million copies already (can u believe that?) where PES2015 still has a long way to go to go, from 0.5 million copies to 1.7 in order to at least touch the same figures as PES2014, which in turn was a downfall from PES2013's 2.5 million copies.

I can imagine now Adam likes to refer to the 'good ol' days' of PES6 and co, when the game had cemented its reputation of the king of football games and was bought more then 6.5 million times. Are those same people paying attention this Christmas season or have they become vegetative FUT addicts? Perhaps their hardcore gaming days have been traded in by everyday work and stress and they have now become obedient casual consumers who are, in silent protest, pleasing their FUT addicted children, who have always been an easy target for Fifa's glitter and glamour. Despite all the positive reviews both father and child seem unaware of PES' comeback to the pitch, at least up till now.

Even its most loyal fans, the Japanese, look to be spreading their attention evenly over both games (0.3 million copies), something unthinkable a few years ago when the WE commonity in the land of the rising sun where still putting up camp in front of the shops to get a day-one copy featuring Shunsuke Nakamura on the cover. So, with the first half played, Konami's home game is at a tie while away they are looking at a devastating 10 to 0, it seems impossible for them to catch up this year and i bet their are praying to Santa right now that the final score might be less painful to live with.

We, all-time fans of the series who have seen both its highs and lows, might as well do the same, would we ever like to see PES/WE return to the pitch. Because at the end it is only the sales pitch that counts. My hopes are on Santa, or it will indeed be 'seppuku' for Konami's long time series this Christmas.

Wow, i never expected sales figures to be this bad. VGChartz might not be the most reliable source but even if totals are off by 20% Konami is in serious trouble. I sure hope the holidays will give PES/WE some sales love. Fifa 15 has momentarily sold 10.5 million copies already (can u believe that?) where PES2015 still has a long way to go to go, from 0.5 million copies to 1.7 in order to at least touch the same figures as PES2014, which in turn was a downfall from PES2013's 2.5 million copies.

I can imagine now Adam likes to refer to the 'good ol' days' of PES6 and co, when the game had cemented its reputation of the king of football games and was bought more then 6.5 million times. Are those same people paying attention this Christmas season or have they become vegetative FUT addicts? Perhaps their hardcore gaming days have been traded in by everyday work and stress and they have now become obedient casual consumers who are, in silent protest, pleasing their FUT addicted children, who have always been an easy target for Fifa's glitter and glamour. Despite all the positive reviews both father and child seem unaware of PES' comeback to the pitch, at least up till now.

Even its most loyal fans, the Japanese, look to be spreading their attention evenly over both games (0.3 million copies), something unthinkable a few years ago when the WE commonity in the land of the rising sun where still putting up camp in front of the shops to get a day-one copy featuring Shunsuke Nakamura on the cover. So, with the first half played, Konami's home game is at a tie while away they are looking at a devastating 10 to 0, it seems impossible for them to catch up this year and i bet their are praying to Santa right now that the final score might be less painful to live with.

We, all-time fans of the series who have seen both its highs and lows, might as well do the same, would we ever like to see PES/WE return to the pitch. Because at the end it is only the sales pitch that counts. My hopes are on Santa, or it will indeed be 'seppuku' for Konami's long time series this Christmas.
Good. Hope Konami wake up and make a proper football game or just don't bother

Good. Hope Konami wake up and make a proper football game or just don't bother

vgz charts are far off. PES 2014 sold 3,9 mil, PES 2013 6,2 mil.

And they always get japan wrong for any game. Nobody takes them that serious.

On the other hand I'm sure pes sales are miserable. Said before that they lost 1 month because they released later and last years game is not the best advertisement. The trailer they took down wasn't aswell. We are nerds on a forum discussing the game, average customers aren't informed as we are. I doubt pes/we will sell more than 3mil total. And after last years unfinished product which didn't deserve more sales anyway, it's time that konami pays for their stagnation.

Also nothing new, but an interesting read on sales I posted on another forum as well:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/greatsp...nchise-to-maintain-dominance-in-sports-genre/

Has pes sales ever equaled Fifa sales?

No never has never will and in my opinion never has to. Konami are on the right track again with pes 2015. There is enough there to keep me busy till next year. Just wish I had more time to give it the time it deserves....but such is life

Has pes sales ever equaled Fifa sales?

No never has never will and in my opinion never has to. Konami are on the right track again with pes 2015. There is enough there to keep me busy till next year. Just wish I had more time to give it the time it deserves....but such is life

Of course they have, in 2007 pes sold nearly 10 mil copies. I doubt fifa sold an exorbitant amount more that year.

Is fifa a better game because they sell more? of course not. That's the point you don't get, no one is arguing that.

And the comparisons are made between pes annual sales, not pes vs fifa sales.

You will not be able to give your time to pes if there is no more pes. And that doesn't depend on your preference, it depends on sales.

So you can answer for yourself what seems more ignorant.

Back
Top Bottom