PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

Even the same version of PES on the same console on the same TV can play differently from one day to the next. It's as explainable as the Bermuda triangle.

People who played WE and PES versions think they play different. People who never played both think this is placebo.

WE and PES always had subtle gameplay differences, even PES 2014, WE 2014 Asia and WE 2014 Jap are different.

I also played both and i know for fact that i got more fouled in the PES demo.
Why do i know ?

Because i never got fouled in the We one and got twice fouled in my first PES match. Afterwards i was fouled now and then too (but not nearly enough imo).

Am i saying they are different ? No. Just like somebody already wrote, PES is one of the only games that can feel different from day to day in the same circumstances...imo that has always been the case...

Each game is different no matter how many times you replay it, so of course the versions are "different" but they are the same, just different games. That's the fun of PES. No two games should play the same.

Now with 2013 or 2014, the demos were different because they were different code released on different dates and thus it'd be more different. But the final polished game, apart from commentary and J League (for Japan version only) and option file availability, the games are practically the same in every way.

To those that ask for a Japanese version, IF this year is the same as the last two, then the Japanese version is the one to get because it has English menus, English Commentary and the player names are interchangeable from English or Japanese depending on the menu language you select from. However, you will not get J League until the new season begins in March or April (If the previous years are something to go by).

Again, things can change suddenly depending on Konami, but from past experience, it is fine to buy the Japanese and enjoy English menus and Japanese commentary.

Been playing the demo non stop for almost two days and what's killing it for me is so many factors..

Firstly the input lag or delay,the gaps between defenders and the ease at which the through ball is exploited.

Then there's the easy tap ins off rebounds,players warping(normally a defender who allows a forward to easily get in behind him).Add to this the other three defenders I'm not controlling not even reacting to the danger or the play.

The constant pass out to midfield that's intercepted passed to a forward while
my defenders either part like a wave or just stand motionless while the opponent scores.

Pes15 is fundamentally broken,I really want to love it but there's so many flawed elements that just make the experience frustrating.

I know folks love there pes as do I...but how can we go on accepting these issues in 2014.

So much to like,yet so many basic flaws that should be ironed out of pes by now..

It's visuals aren't enough.

Last edited:
After about 100 games of the demo the only thing I think they need to tweak is the through ball. Its too good.
Other than that. Love it.

Been playing the demo non stop for almost two days and what's killing it for me is so many factors..

Firstly the input lag or delay,the gaps between defenders and the ease at which the through ball is exploited.

Then there's the easy tap ins off rebounds,players warping(normally a defender who allows a forward to easily get in behind him).Add to this the other three defenders I'm not controlling not even reacting to the danger or the play.

The constant pass out to midfield that's intercepted passed to a forward while
my defenders either part like a wave or just stand motionless while the opponent scores.

Pes15 is fundamentally broken,I really want to love it but there's so many flawed elements that just make the experience frustrating.

I know folks love there pes as do I...but how can we go on accepting these issues in 2014.

So much to like,yet so many basic flaws that should be ironed out of pes by now..

It's visuals aren't enough.
I really wonder if you didnt play the demo of PES 2014
I mean, input lag, if any then this is absolutely a wrong observation of you.
The demo got praise for the fact that it plays so smooth.
The gaps between defenders you mention is just a matter of adapting your tactics and learning to defend in PES 2015.

I really wonder if you didnt play the demo of PES 2014
I mean, input lag, if any then this is absolutely a wrong observation of you.
The demo got praise for the fact that it plays so smooth.
The gaps between defenders you mention is just a matter of adapting your tactics and learning to defend in PES 2015.

I don't want to argue about this as I've made my point..but it's way to easy to just string a few passes together and pass through a team with a cheap through ball,and a lot of the time with no real resistence.

There's input lag it's more then evident..and yes I know how to defend..yet the defensive intelligence is near on none existent.

Yes it's more responsive then 14..but the clunky feel to the play still remains..it's far from fluid.

Last edited:
I had preordered but I've cancelled..first time I haven't purchased in over 20 years.

If people are enjoying more power to them and are certainly see what next years brings.

I understand for many pes is there only option,but these issues have plaqued pes for to long in my humble opinion,and Are more then evident this year..

Pes has become a one trick pony and fallen into a horrible cycle of rinse and repeat that I'm just not enjoying currently.

It has the ball physics of 09,and the same negatives that negate the positives it has for almost 8 years.

Last edited:
I don't want to argue about this as I've made my point..but it's way to easy to just string a few passes together and pass through a team with a cheap through ball,and a lot of the time with no real resistence.

There's input lag it's more then evident..and yes I know how to defend..yet the defensive intelligence is near on none existent.

Yes it's more responsive then 14..but the clunky feel to the play still remains..it's far from fluid.

as i have previously pointed out you dont need to press a direction to pass the ball. Just hit the pass button and the AI will do it for you. I passed it round the back of my defence by just pressing the pass button. It is tremendously scripted and this explains to me why on occasion your passes are over ruled by the AI. This was done on one bar passing and will also occasional do it on manual.

as i have previously pointed out you dont need to press a direction to pass the ball. Just hit the pass button and the AI will do it for you. I passed it round the back of my defence by just pressing the pass button. It is tremendously scripted and this explains to me why on occasion your passes are over ruled by the AI. This was done on one bar passing and will also occasional do it on manual.

If your defense are facing each other all you really need is a button press without much direction on one bar; pass it and the little assistance you have on will help the ball reach it's target. However, if your players aren't facing each other or if the direction in which the ball carrier is facing has no player in sight and you press the pass button with no direction then the ball carrier will still pass it in that direction, and that's where manual kicks in under one bar.

Manual though is not as precise even when players are facing each other. The ball will be passed in the direction the ball carrier is facing and the receiver will have to run to it.

Yeah..I prefer one bar or manual..but there's cursor issues to and general positional placement and awareness issues in defence.

Then you have the magic through ball reminiscent of iss64..your forward,the CPU or a human opponents forward will magically always warp in front of the last man..have seconds while you try and get level or tackle only to slot in a easy winner.

The ease also of shots from outside the box that just go in a high percentage of the time.

I know your seeing it hitman as are many..but let folks live in denial and pretend there's a workaround for the games arcade and simple mechanics...it hasn't changed in 8 years and we are all still playing the same flawed game.

Last edited:
@ Banksy

So are you done with PES 15 ? If so, are you done complaining as well.

Input lag. Non existant on my PS4.

Pretty much everything what you described is NON existant. I can almost bet that you haven't even played the demo.

PES 15 feels clumsy and your not in control.....dude...seriously....

I don't agree with him on all his points, but he is making valid points and even if he isn't, he is entitled to his opinion and he has all the right to post them in this thread...

I had preordered but I've cancelled..first time I haven't purchased in over 20 years.

If people are enjoying more power to them and are certainly see what next years brings.

I understand for many pes is there only option,but these issues have plaqued pes for to long in my humble opinion,and Are more then evident this year..

Pes has become a one trick pony and fallen into a horrible cycle of rinse and repeat that I'm just not enjoying currently.

It has the ball physics of 09,and the same negatives that negate the positives it has for almost 8 years.

This is exactly how I feel and it's the same feeling I had with PES2008. It was like I'd suddenly got sick of the formula.

I agree with all of your issues with the game and I think the standard, technically, is unacceptable in this day and age. I get they're going back to their roots to an extent and trying to steady the ship but it's not good enough imo.

The collisions as an example. The MASS system in 14 was a step in the right direction. I expected them to improve that for 15 rather than take it out completely.

In regard to responsiveness, I agree it's an issue. It's been praised for how responsive it is but I can only assume that's in comparison to 14. FIFA feels far more responsive to me.

When you talk about the cycle, that's my biggest worry for the future. The game does some stuff well for sure but the same old problems and mistakes are evident. This, for me, highlights an issue with the mentality of the dev team which is holding the game back. There is no evidence this will change any time soon, certainly not on the basis of the PES 2015 demo. The only innovations that have been made are fluid formation and team style from a gameplay perspective. Everything else has simply been taken to an acceptable (by some standards) level.

The collisions as an example. The MASS system in 14 was a step in the right direction. I expected them to improve that for 15 rather than take it out completely.

THIS!

That what bugs me quite much.
Instead of working on new feats, they take it out in the next version just like weight shifting.

What about HEART btw?
Does anyone know whether it´s gonna be in in PES 2015?
In the ML at least?

Btw, I didn´t have any problems with the response when I played the demo.

I am really DONE with responding to people who just have nothing good to say. Sure the game is not PERFECT but this is my last post responding to false statements. Like Tony Montana said "This is the last time you see a bad guy lemme tell ya"

Fine, ignore the posts. This is the first one I've made.

I don't understand why people can't either ignore posts they don't like or respond to them in a sensible fashion with valid arguments.

I also can't understand why people allow their love for the series blind them from issues. The game is finally playable and doesn't make you want to smash your controller up after 5 mins. But it still has a multitude of issues, many of which have been around for years and highlight a trend which needs to stop.

If it was a PSN game, that would be acceptable to me but it's not.

I'm very interested to see how this game holds up after 3 months of play, once the initial excitement of a playable PES has worn off.

There isn't any input lag on the ps4 but there is definately a player response/reaction issue, particularly on through balls (at times defenders ignore them at times) and when your tackled the player who has lost the ball has a moment of none response allowing the attacker to get away

Dude are you like his spokesman or something ? do you want a cookie too ?

of course he can type whatever he wants but when he says input lag then of course aI'm going to step in and speak my mind. There is NO INPUT lag and I haven't seen anyone who has played demo say otherwise so thats why I take his review with a grain of salt.

For some particular reason there are people in this world who have never played the demo because they dont even own the console XBOX1 or PS4 yet they write reviews out of god knows what.

When he says the game has input lag or its not responsive and the only thing thats good is VISUALS then I wonder how legit is this guy with his reviews.

You better chill out with your responses. You can respond properly to posts instead of resorting to that.

Some people have issues with a few things, some don´t.
The expectations in users differ, there are differences in style of playing and priority of feats and modes.
Some want proper graphics, some absolutely don´t care, etc etc.

It´s always been that way.

Some people enjoyed PES 2014 (me for example until the latest patch quite ruined it) and some hated it.
It´s always been that way with PES.

If you enjoy the game to the fullest, it´s cool. Honestly, I´m happy for you.
Why the hell do you always go at people that express some critics and mention negative aspects?
If it doesn´t affect you, that´s really good for you but don´t impute people to bash the game for no reason.

Some people have issues with a few things, some don´t.
The expectations in users differ, there are differences in style of playing and priority of feats and modes.
Some want proper graphics, some absolutely don´t care, etc etc.

It´s always been that way.

Some people enjoyed PES 2014 (me for example until the latest patch quite ruined it) and some hated it.
It´s always been that way with PES.

If you enjoy the game to the fullest, it´s cool. Honestly, I´m happy for you.
Why the hell do you always go at people that express some critics and mention negative aspects?
If it doesn´t affect you, that´s really good for you but don´t impute people to bash the game for no reason.

Same here. What did that patch really do to the game? I was always :RANT: after that patch.

I guess all the haters with their "valid" points have the other football game to play right? With no defensive issues, no gk problems, a brilliant tactical knowledge from the producers, zero through ball spammers in their mature online community etc...

I guess all the haters with their "valid" points have the other football game to play right? With no defensive issues, no gk problems, a brilliant tactical knowledge from the producers, zero through ball spammers in their mature online community etc...

Absolutely irrelevant. Do you think if everyone was happy with FIFA they'd be here raising concerns about PES? I'd not need to.

Having said that, the quality of the other game has absolutely bearing on the quality of PES or my opinion of it. Being objective isn't all that difficult. Take collisions, i'm not comparing their quality to those in FIFA but a previous PES game on LAST GEN!! I don't care what EA are doing, I just want Konami to produce a working collision engine. Same with ball physics, not comparing them to FIFA - just want more variation in PES.

There's something about PES which makes people irrationally defensive. To be fair though, that's why the community has lasted as long as it has.

Back
Top Bottom