PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

Absolutely irrelevant. Do you think if everyone was happy with FIFA they'd be here raising concerns about PES? I'd not need to.

Having said that, the quality of the other game has absolutely bearing on the quality of PES or my opinion of it. Being objective isn't all that difficult. Take collisions, i'm not comparing their quality to those in FIFA but a previous PES game on LAST GEN!! I don't care what EA are doing, I just want Konami to produce a working collision engine. Same with ball physics, not comparing them to FIFA - just want more variation in PES.

There's something about PES which makes people irrationally defensive. To be fair though, that's why the community has lasted as long as it has.

Well, seems that everybody wants that Konami makes them a perfect game. But gues what? This will never happen. Every football game have flaws, and will always have. Or people accept the fact that no game is perfect or will become the eternal "old time PES fan" waiting for the next PES 5 or PES 6, like many of the eternal moamers around here.

Jesus man...go out and search a girlfriend, and then have some good sex...you really need it.

Dude are you like his spokesman or something ? do you want a cookie too ?

You better chill out with your responses. You can respond properly to posts instead of resorting to that.

What makes one acceptable or at least not worthy of a warning, and not the other? Just to not make the mistake when I post?

On a lighter note, there is one hilarious question in that PESFan FAQ (or other questions):

In BAL mode can you sign for Chelsea and go on dates with the doctor? – @fishcakebaby

What makes one acceptable or at least not worthy of a warning, and not the other? Just to not make the mistake when I post?

OK, i'm sorry i wrote that, therefore i apologize to the person i replied to.

Why did i do it ?

Because his post was sooo negative...i don't remember what it was about, but i seem to remember it was something totally marginal.

Something that had nothing to do with gameplay.

My intention was to put it all in perspective, not to hurt anybody's feelings.

But anyway, i've apologized now...

Sabh

Please I respect your opinion but don't resort to claiming I havent a Xboxone or ps4 when I'm fortunate to own both..I even own a descent PC and have played both console versions of the pes demo extensively.

Your happy and more power to you but I don't think the issues I've highlighted are none existent.

There's a clear pattern with these issues that have been in the game for a long time now and I also feel the game hasn't really change much in over 8 years..in a nut shell they all follow the same principles and dynamics,right down to the control mechanics and how you can exploit the same weaknesses to score.

There's positives..the visuals,and my thoughts whether different from your own,shouldn't subtract from your enjoyment.

Your avatar of ISS 98 shows you know your konamis games much like me..so even you must remember how good the ai,general awareness and fluidity of those earlier games was.

I feel like I'm still fighting the game and I'm not really in control, like a passenger forced to play within the confines of a restricted box.

It wasn't always this way and it pains me that it is now...ask your self this despite the visual upgrade is pes15,is it really that different then the last 6 iterations of the game and are all those in-consistencies and patterns of play any different.

Last edited:
Sabh

Please I respect your opinion but don't resort to claiming I havent a Xboxone or ps4 when I'm fortunate to own both..I even own a descent PC and have played both console versions of the pes demo extensively.

Your happy and more power to you but I don't think the issues I've highlighted are none existent.

There's a clear pattern with these issues that have been in the game for a long time now and I also feel the game hasn't really change much in over 8 years..in a nut shell they all follow the same principles and dynamics,right down to the control mechanics and how you can exploit the same weaknesses to score.

There's positives..the visuals,and my thoughts whether different from your own,shouldn't subtract from your enjoyment.

Your avatar of ISS 98 shows you know your konamis games much like me..so even you must remember how good the ai,general awareness and fluidity of those earlier games was.

I feel like I'm still fighting the game and I'm not really in control, like a passenger forced to play within the confines of a restricted box.

It wasn't always this way and it pains me that it is now...ask your self this despite the visual upgrade is pes15,is it really that different then the last 6 iterations of the game and are all those in-consistencies and patterns of play any different.

Just played the game and can confirm you are talking absolute poo

Best 2 games I have played in a looooong time.

Sabh

bro to be honest with you i feel like i'm fighting my controller when playing against the AI in Fifa especially in the final third. Just to show you how little football games have advanced over the years.

Ok, can you elaborate more on this please then. For the past couple of years we've seen Konami release utter crap of PES/WE...correct ? PES 13 was the only "playable" PES on Next-Gen PS3 console at that time. PES 14 almost put them out of Business you also remember that right. Then, Konami realized that they must return to PES basics where it was once successfull on PS2 era and the most important thing during that era was the gameplay. You do remember when PES was shitting all over FIFA during PS2 run then FIFA just destroyed PES on PS3/XBOX 360. You remember all this right ?

So what Konami have realized is that more and more PES players abandoned the game and left to play their biggest rival EA/FIFA.

PES 15 or the year 2015 was a chance for Konami to redeem themselves and they did BIG TIME. You know how I know this ? By reading the internet. There are tons of other forums and you might have 5 unhappy campers then you have 30 folks that actually see the improvement and enjoy the game. As of right now there are more satisfied people than the ones who aren't which was the same story if you go back in time and read PES 5 reviews.

This THE FIRST PRo Evo on the "next gen" that is good and far superior than anything that Konami released after PES 5.

So to me that is a success. Every day I see MORE AND MORE people leaving FIFA 15 for PES 15 for one reason: Gameplay.

The final sales % will determain the true success of PES 15. Sure it has its share of flaws but dude you've got to understand one thing. Konami already tried going 100% simulation route to copy FIFA and it failed miserably. The collision system you want is found in true simulation video game. PES was never ever known for this rather a mix between sim and arcade which in some weird way gives you a feeling of realism. When I score a goal in PES 15 it just feels good. When I score a goal in FIFA 15 it feels like MEH ok. I AM NOT TRYING TO OPEN A CAN OF WORMS and put PES vs FIFA but those are the facts. PES 15 is gaining success day by day and if you think Konami is done improving your wrong. PES 16 and 17 which is a year and two years from now on then start to write Konami off. But as of right now they are in the drivers seat, on top of food chain with the best football game on the market.

Also whats confusing me is that you say how Konami have stuck with the same mechanics forever yet you say how good "back in the days" things were. Well what exactly do you want ? Konami are slowly giving us that "back in the day" feeling.

You state that Konami have been stuck in the same mode for years but then praise their early titles...hmmm

Dude,Id love to shoot you down but I having got the will or battle..my days of arguing needlessly on forums over pes are behind me...it is what it is.

What's funny is your Adam Bhatti...so obvious I'm suprised know ones called you out!

So what exactly do we have in the kit edit mode in PES15 Xbox One and PS4?

I'm reading things like the "pixel editor" have been removed, so I would assume that means no sponsors logos or in game kit designing outside of the basic "layer" system?

I might just have to stick with the 360 version if that's true, as I create totally fictional teams and players usually. It's going to be poor without extra touches like sponsors and stuff.

whats your best football game in 2015...if you had to pick one...pes or the other game...

After 10 years of PES ( and before that Fifa ) , this year for me its FIFA.
Its evolving more than PES.

And thats not trolling,its genuinely what I feel.:))

PES is a mediocre effort with old content & commentary left in and offers NOTHING that the modding community have not already given us before.

And please Guys free opinions around here by all means but less of the personal stuff if You disagree with someones opinion.That way it makes it a better thread to read.

Hope the demo changes that though !

Last edited:
Just played the game and can confirm you are talking absolute poo

Best 2 games I have played in a looooong time.

Zee whatever pes does or doesn't do your going to love it..your there biggest fan and love the game however flawed it is.

You like the same game rehashed and remixed with a different window dressing every year and there's no shame in that.

Rejoice and enjoy while I eat my poo.

You see it's not about trouncing pes for me just passing comment and I'm not angry frustrated or even upset by it.

It's the norm these days for pes to be mediocre and just like Sabh clearly states its slowly on a upward curve...

I'm just running out of years and pes productions promises are wearing a little thin.

I agree with the mediocre bit. Gonna wait a while after release to get some feedback before I consider buying it.

whats your best football game in 2015...if you had to pick one...pes or the other game...

FIFA for me bro..better package,gameplay and it even has that classic konami feel from yesteryear that there unable to recapture...just captures the essence of footie better for me and I feel in control and have direct input.

That said I'm a konami diehard at heart that wants to see a little bit of a shake-up,the talents there they've just got to let go of the past and liberate pes..

Can it be done..I don't know..I'm just not seeing anything new on the plate..

For me actually building on the previous year might help..rather then a remix every year in this vain hope they get it right...to come out with statements like we now know what we were doing wrong,just reaks of a lack of direction.

Just become to standard and simplified,with to many shortcuts and back doors for it to be viable today.

It has appeal and those that are enjoying it like yourself should be happy...if it hits your g I'm happy for you!

For the first time in 15 years in the forum i finally put someone in my ignore list. Nice to see how this place becomes more depressing year after year because of the self-called "old times die hard PES fans"...

For the first time in 15 years in the forum i finally put someone in my ignore list. Nice to see how this place becomes more depressing year after year because of the self-called "old times die hard PES fans"...

Honoume there's nothing wrong with folks wanting something better or passing comment good or bad...I don't jump all over people on the forum regarding the other game because there not glowing with praise with every post.

Everything's subjective and people always see things differently..what works for you might not work for me that's more then evident this year with the other game.

However,you can't deny certain glaring flaws that go beyond its to fast or it's easy to turn defenders over fundamental weaknesses in a games core design that allows the cpu or a human to exploit the same flaw that you as the end user has no control of.

This is what I've been highlighting and It saddens me that you find that depressing.

My posts haven't been,it's crap or just throwing things out there that are not existent...there heavily evident and yes pes 5 and other iterations might be dated,but they still had a depth of control and logic that's so absence from the pes of today...and that includes basic awareness and better ai from games on much lesser and weaker platforms.

Let's just celebrate mediocracy and the same fundamental weaknesses in a the game that have plagued it for the last 8 years.How hard can it really be to get these things right.

I'm talking about balance,a equilibrium in the ai and a feeling that it was my error or poor input..not the feeling your being cheated or the means of control you have one minute is taken away from you the next.

I forget you can't read this!

Last edited:
After 10 years of PES ( and before that Fifa ) , this year for me its FIFA.
Its evolving more than PES.

And thats not trolling,its genuinely what I feel.:))

PES is a mediocre effort with old content & commentary left in and offers NOTHING that the modding community have not already given us before.

And please Guys free opinions around here by all means but less of the personal stuff if You disagree with someones opinion.That way it makes it a better thread to read.

Hope the demo changes that though !

Played fifa 15 before my pes session. World class Matt's sliders and me (barca) against Bayern, was 1 - 0 up with 15 mins. To go and switched it off from sheer boredom. Switched on PES 2015 demo same teams superstar difficulty and it was magic. Playing with what felt like barca against what felt like bayern was heavenly. How people can say that fifa is better boggles my mind.

Evolution is not just about aesthetics to me and judging by my mates that are fed up with fifa already - it seems I am not alone.

@banksy don't be silly. I didn't like Pes2,4,6,2010, 2013 so thanks. You're comments about response and fighting game mechanics are total rubbish and I wonder if you are actually playing the game or watching videos. You not buying the game so good for you. Stop mentioning what a die-hard fan you are.

Dude,Id love to shoot you down but I having got the will or battle..my days of arguing needlessly on forums over pes are behind me...it is what it is.

What's funny is your Adam Bhatti...so obvious I'm suprised know ones called you out!

Is he the legend himself ?

It would be such an honor to have him around here...:D

There is ignore option. ???? Jesus christ let me get to work then. Thanks mate. Just finished watching Real vs Liv and I cannot understand how on bloody hell people find FIFA better than PES. LMFAO. Anyone that thinks its more realistic needs to put down that dope pipe. I'm glad that Konami are not playing at some of your standards and I hope you can stay and play FIFA because thats where you belong. Bandwagon fairweather fans, nothing else.

I just don't understand one thing here. I accept that people have different opinion. i accept everything but I will live by the gun and die by the gun and stick to one thing. WHY in the bloody hell do some of you come and post in PES forum when you CLEARLY find FIFA better and you claim you've done with PES you given up hope, yet you come here and spread negativity.

Save me the BS when you say I used to love the game. Enough of that. If you don't like PES, say you've given up on Konami and just don't like PES answer me this question: What are you doing on a PES forum ? To spoil the fun of others ? To just troll and be a troller for no reason ? If I don't like to eat something I won't eat it period. I won't wait at the table to be served a dish I don't like knowing at that table that dish I don't like will be served. So I would simply leave the table. I mean seriously what is happening here. Why do posters who gave up on the game, find FIFA better why come in here and talk about how bad PES is...

I have NEVER EVER even tried to visit FIFA section and spread the hate. I played FIFA 15 and its a comedy of a football game that PES 15 pisses all over it beside fancy presentation that some of you get a hard on while watching it. Why can't we have a PES open minded forum for people who actually play and like the game to discuss about the game likes/dislikes etc.

No we have to have posters who gave up on the game, think the game has not envolved in years, find FIFA 15 better but hey lets still come to PES section and spread some negaitivy and hate. Well I will easily weqn out all of this negativity with ignore button. Enjoy your FIFA 15 but deep down in your heart you know PES owns EQ/Konami.

end.

Yes, just click on Banksy profile, than choose User List and Add to Ignore list... That way you don´t have to keep reading his crap. :SMUG:

It's hard to pick a game this year, as both are flip sides of the same coin. FIFA has the makings of a fantastic experience but it's so shallow and dumb, with gaping flaws in its AI; PES has the depth and more realistic and varied flow but feels too sparse and outdated in many areas.

Not a good year for football games for me. Thankfully there's quite a lot else this fall/winter season.

It's hard to pick a game this year, as both are flip sides of the same coin. FIFA has the makings of a fantastic experience but it's so shallow and dumb, with gaping flaws in its AI; PES has the depth and more realistic and varied flow but feels too sparse and outdated in many areas.

Not a good year for football games for me. Thankfully there's quite a lot else this fall/winter season.
Agree with this.

I hope that there is enough in pes2015 to keep me busy till next year. I am desperate for a solid game of football. Just give me a flawless online experience and I think it will be enough. My club looks particularly intriguing.

Played fifa 15 before my pes session. World class Matt's sliders and me (barca) against Bayern, was 1 - 0 up with 15 mins. To go and switched it off from sheer boredom. Switched on PES 2015 demo same teams superstar difficulty and it was magic. Playing with what felt like barca against what felt like bayern was heavenly. How people can say that fifa is better boggles my mind.

Evolution is not just about aesthetics to me and judging by my mates that are fed up with fifa already - it seems I am not alone.

@banksy don't be silly. I didn't like Pes2,4,6,2010, 2013 so thanks. You're comments about response and fighting game mechanics are total rubbish and I wonder if you are actually playing the game or watching videos. You not buying the game so good for you. Stop mentioning what a die-hard fan you are.

For real...I'm a gamer zee..love my games and don't have loyalty to formats or franchises.

Subjective does spring to mind and you keep using your mates as a reference and defence which comes across as a bit weak,lame and childish.

See I find the opposite and personally feel Fifa throws up a more interesting and dynamic match that goes well beyond presentation and aesthetics..just more skill based for me.

Horses for courses I guess..but does it really matter..one mans treasure is another mans trash and that works both ways.

Enjoy your pes bro.

This idea that you have to like one game and never speak about the other baffles me.

The reason many on here speak about what needs improving is because they want a better pes, not because they hate the series and want to spew hate :LOL:

I dislike the core of fifa but I put up with it because it does other things very well. I love the core of pes but too much is mediocre for me to enjoy it.

In an ideal world, Konami would drastically improve the things which (to me) evidently need it and I'd be delighted.

nobody is even questioning those who enjoy the game, brilliant for you. there's no need to be offended by those who disagree or want/expect more. I don't even see people being overly negative, just pointing out areas they think should be improved. isn't that what a forum is for?

maybe we should have an improvements thread and have this as "positive PES 15 discussion"

Nobody is saying you have to be positive fgs what is it with this place these days. And really

Listening to the opinions of people in your social circle is childish...fuck me...it's like the twilight zone

My opinion is that fifa is rubbish and this is substantiated by people around me. If this is weak, lame or childish then tough shit it's what I feel

Last edited:
Nobody is saying you have to be positive fgs what is it with this place these days. And really

Listening to the opinions of people in your social circle is childish...fuck me...it's like the twilight zone

My opinion is that fifa is rubbish and this is substantiated by people around me. If this is weak, lame or childish then tough shit it's what I feel

Don't we know it..you have a very black and white view of the world zee...sad but true.

I have my own mind and am not swayed by others..I don't need others around me to tell me something is good for me to believe it,I work that out for myself.

Something's that's done me well throughout life..see things and judge things from your eyes.I read to many post where people's judgement is swayed by journalists or others.

Nothing wrong with your principles but you do have a very facist way of coming across on these boards and how you communicate with people that don't subscribe to your point of view.

Your never going to like Fifa zee,it's in your makeup..your style of writing and how you project yourself clearly defines what you are as a human being outside of this forum.

I'd like to divulge that..but I don't need to break you down or is it my place.

Can we go back to discussing the game. Heads up guys there is never going to be a perfect game.

Everybody has different playing styles so what works for some people wont work for another. If you are having fun with the game, good for you. If you are not, then maybe its better not to go crazy about it and skip this year.

Now, instead of arguing over opinions (everybody has one and is entitled to it) which there will never be any agreement, how about someone tells me how to over-write a pass if I already pressed it and the gauge is filled. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom