PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

I wasn't aware signings in myClub would be "random". :(

New article from EuroGamer today: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-10-16-konami-takes-aim-at-ultimate-team-with-pes-2015

Yeah, a lot of ppl prob won't like, but I think it should be good. Hopefully we won't be facing the same players on the same teams every match.
You'll prob have plenty of search parameters to narrow possible results down, but having that speed whore team at every lvl up to superstar squad will take a lot more time to make.

Yeah, a lot of ppl prob won't like, but I think it should be good. Hopefully we won't be facing the same players on the same teams every match.
You'll prob have plenty of search parameters to narrow possible results down, but having that speed whore team at every lvl up to superstar squad will take a lot more time to make.

Exactly! I alway though that one of the things that ruin FUT is the capabillity to buy any player you want in the market... That end up with lots of teams with the same players, and 90% of them being speed whores. This may indeed bring more variety for the mode.

Last edited:
FUT with a slight twist, right? Instead of getting random players by opening packs, we have scouts offering random players. Minus global marketplace, as it seems ...
I think most people avoid packs though because it's a waste of your hard-earned money (virtual or real dependent on how sad you are) 99% of the time.

I hadn't thought of the fact that it'll mean less teams having all the same players though. That can only be a good thing.

Reading the guy's article about Kuyt making his (PES 2014) team a force to be reckoned with, it really excited me to think of the random players you'll buy who turn out to be superstars for your team. Rather than searching for the same players all the time.

I just worked myself through this article. Hard to read for somebody who doesn't have English as his primary language. The guy didn't really do his best to write in clear English.
Here is his definition of MyClub
It's a fantasy team-building mode based around the acquisition of graded players that's like Ultimate Team in two crucial ways: the facilitation of microtransactions, enabling players to shortcut their way into new signings by thrusting hands in pockets, and the inclusion of randomisation with regard to which specific player will be signed.
I mean, come on, is he trying to look intelligent? :D

Decent introductory preview of myClub mode by Asim
YouTube - PES 2015 Preview - MyClub

Haven't seen direct UI indication of global marketplace. Plus one of the tutorial messages pretty much says that agents are the only source of players.

Managers seem to have lots of tactical preferences. Finding compatible players could be very important. All in all, it seems to be bit more managerial than FUT

Here is his definition of MyClub I mean, come on, is he trying to look intelligent? :D
Yikes, yeah, that's a bit of a minefield for someone who speaks English as a second language!

I would have said "they've ripped off Ultimate Team, including the option to pay real money for in-game advantages, except this time you can't pick the player you want - you have to hope an 'agent' does that for you".

Like I say, I was originally miffed, but thinking about it, you'll get the type of player you want, and less teams should be exactly the same (unlike in FIFA).

They should have called the agents "directors of football" and I've have been happier then, and it'd be marginally more realistic...

I asked Adam about this, and he said that we can create custom offline leagues but the bad thing is, it will be from 14 teams up to 20. So if we are 4 friends we can't create a league with only 4 teams. You have to create a league with 14 teams.

That is useless for my needs.
This is really stupid.

Yikes, yeah, that's a bit of a minefield for someone who speaks English as a second language!

I would have said "they've ripped off Ultimate Team, including the option to pay real money for in-game advantages, except this time you can't pick the player you want - you have to hope an 'agent' does that for you".

Like I say, I was originally miffed, but thinking about it, you'll get the type of player you want, and less teams should be exactly the same (unlike in FIFA).

They should have called the agents "directors of football" and I've have been happier then, and it'd be marginally more realistic...

I agree. Just a question: You said there is an option to pay real money for in-game advantages: If you just want to play without paying, then what are the ways to earn money? I can guess some, like selling players and maybe winning matches, but are there more?

About Asim's MyPes movie: I hoped for a more extensive tutorial.
I didn't find anything better though. Are there any?

I agree. Just a question: You said there is an option to pay real money for in-game advantages, if you just want to play without paying, then what are the ways to earn money? I can guess some, like selling players and maybe winning matches, but are there more?
From what I've read it's winning matches that gets you the money. I don't know if it's broken down into possession, goals etc. like Ultimate Team is - I don't even know if you get money for selling players (or how you go about that, whether they're put into auction or just removed from your squad with you given a small amount of money for "deleting" them).

It sounds interesting though, all the stuff about the players having to match the manager's playing philosophies... Slightly more realistic than "chemistry" (players from the same country all working beautifully together)...

I haven't found anything better either. Perhaps there's nothing more to show right now ... previewers not having access to myClub servers, servers being offline or something like that.

No, we're lucky that there's still Konami making PES, or else all we would have to play was Fifa crap...

A whole new debate but will stand by my comment and say that Konami are definitely lucky to not have their PES/WE close to extinction by now. PES 2015 will definitely make the arrows point upwards in their popularity with the community.

Great link and some great memories..what really stands out is the ai and positional awareness of the players.Certainly raises the question how little apart from graphically footie games have evolved.

My memory and experience goes back much further and I also really loved kcoet work.

The good old days!

Out of all the konami footie games I probably played ISS 2000 or it's Japanese counterpart the most.around 5 years,and was playing it still with a mate well into the early pes games.

Last edited:
That pes video got me in the mood for a quick session.

Noticed a few miscued shots on players weaker foot with alves in particular.

Also winning alot more slides and free-kicks. They patch this thing or something :CONFUSE:

Going back to the PES vs WE issue, it seems most people agree that WE always played better and had a more refined game engine. But my question is this: Why?

I'm not in the loop with these things you see. I thought it was exactly the same game but aimed for different worldwide markets. Why would the game actually play differently?

Thanks for your replies.

Going back to the PES vs WE issue, it seems most people agree that WE always played better and had a more refined game engine. But my question is this: Why?

I'm not in the loop with these things you see. I thought it was exactly the same game but aimed for different worldwide markets. Why would the game actually play differently?

Thanks for your replies.

Very good question!

That big question mark about this was shining above my head quite some time.
Could be placebo but I could have sworn that the WE 2014 demo played a lot more fluent than the PES 2014 demo.

In PES 2015 I didn´t really feel a difference tbh.

Back
Top Bottom