PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

He won't have a bad word said about his beloved PES, oh no. After all, this isn't a PES 2015 Discussion Thread. It's a "Let's pretend everything is amazing in PES" thread by the looks of things.

Not really Banana'. To be honest, I've only really seen one person in here going overboard with their praise of the demo. But it seems even he/she has curbed their enthusiasm in recent days.

If Dung Beetle and Bananaman are only here to bait Mods,it will only end one way.
:COP::COP::COP:

I can assure you that no baiting or spreading of misinformation was ever intended on my part.

I made a genuine mistake in my post and was quickly corrected by a fellow poster, which I graciously accepted. However, I was also pretty much nailed to the wall over this by of all people, a moderator, which I was at pains to understand.

Having said that, I do appreciate that moderating a forum like this is difficult and can see why my post might have been interpreted as rash or ill informed, and that deliberate disruption sometimes needs to be dealt with swiftly.

So, my apologies for derailing things here for a while. I hope we can now return to discussing what many people (myself included) believe to be a brilliant PES 2015. :)

I can assure you that no baiting or spreading of misinformation was ever intended on my part.

I made a genuine mistake in my post and was quickly corrected by a fellow poster, which I graciously accepted. However, I was also pretty much nailed to the wall over this by of all people, a moderator, which I was at pains to understand.

Having said that, I do appreciate that moderating a forum like this is difficult and can see why my post might have been interpreted as rash or ill informed, and that deliberate disruption sometimes needs to be dealt with swiftly.

So, my apologies for derailing things here for a while. I hope we can now return to discussing what many people (myself included) believe to be a brilliant PES 2015. :)

I really think there is nothing more to say after this. Well said!

Not a problem Dung Beetle, thanks for clarifying, sorry.

I've agreed with you about this many times before and I'm going to agree again.

The old 'fantasy' ML worked so much better for PES. Having what was essentially a three division European superleague was much more interesting to me than clumsily trying to recreate real league structures to feed into the Champions League. Obviously the CL licence was a massive coup for Konami and they wanted to make it the integral part of ML, but if they included a separate 'classic' master league mode I would be all over that.

Same. I use to make north, west, east and south league back in the day from WE/PES 3-6.
North used to be english/scottish/scandinavia clubs, west was spain, france, portugal, east was germany, holland, ukraine, russia, belguim, czech etc and south was italy & greece & turkey & balkans and i put those few south american teams there as well.

Good times...

Of course, they could make this work, if they added even as fully fake 10-15 more European leagues, instead of having 15-20 "other european teams" each year...but it's Konami, so they won't.

Last edited:
Although the WE2015 Japanese Demo have English language, there may be no English language in the final version... That was the situation when I play WE2012 Japanese version.

Cheers for the heads up on this..at the point of pre-order and the addition of the j-league in the Japanese version makes this more tempting then the Asian which has the English language option,yet the cheaper price.

Fancy going all import this year like I used to back in the day and I always remember being able to navigate the menus even in Cantonese.

Been playing the we demo with mates today,and I know what folks mean when they say it's more arresting vs a human..I've even started enjoying games against the cpu with zero pass assistance.

Might be just me just enjoying the experience,rather then looking for faults but ive just preordered.

It's such a different experience from Fifa in a good way and I'm finding a lot of my old ISS plays work well from the n64 days.

The preview videos show a much more polished game and preordering the Japanese version means I can soak up the j-league.

I'm just going to enjoy this one for what it is here on in...I played 14 religously and always play more pes in the year after release when Fifas gloss tires.

Despite the shortcomings you always get enough bang for your buck from a pes game.

Last edited:
I appreciate Konami providing 3 or 4 different running styles but I really wish they wouldn't, and instead just stick with the most erect running style for everyone. It looks so much better than the hunched over form given to likes of James Rodriguez, for example. It's gonna take me weeks to change everyone to the more natural and visually pleasing upright position.:CRY:

Id prefer to buy this on import on the xboxone purely for the controller but don't want the blurry mess on my big telly compared to the ps4.

I don't know whether it's been confirmed there's parity and the xboxone version is running in 1080p on release on the one.

Been looking on the net,but can't find any confirmation or tweet.

Id prefer to buy this on import on the xboxone purely for the controller but don't want the blurry mess on my big telly compared to the ps4.

I don't know whether it's been confirmed there's parity and the xboxone version is running in 1080p on release on the one.

Been looking on the net,but can't find any confirmation or tweet.

I could be wrong, but I think I read somewhere it would be 720p, although it could still look very good at that resolution of course...

The ball physics logic needs to drastically improve before I'm sold on this game.

Yea, They don't convince me either at times. Sometimes they are good though. I feel like I've seen more dip and swerve on shots in this demo than I've seen in all the games I played in PES 2008-2014.

Hi there. It's he. anyways, PES 15 is best since PES5/WE9LE.

Just to clear that out the way.

Cheers!

Go to your room and shut the door.

Even though menus can be in English, if I am not mistaken all player names are in Japanese on winning eleven games. So that is something else to consider

Played the demo last night on Xbox One again and that pitch lighting is really making it hard to enjoy or even play the game. Just looks too washed out :( And then on superstar the AI just knocked it around for over half the match...talk about keep off lol.

Again, you've gone off on a tangent.

But you simply cannot make any definitive judgement (good or bad) on just the demo. Play the full game for a while and see what you think. Then give it the same kind of hours that you put into the other version and see if it holds up still. Only then can you start making those kinds of comparisons.

Any news about creating offline leagues to play with friends ?:)

Since PES2013 we always write down scores manually and play friendlies which kind of sucked :(

I can not watch any more this gameplay videos ...the frame rate is so bad ... that only makes me nervous :RANT:
Why none of these people .... who have preview code can not record at least one good video ... more than 15 frames per second ..

Forgive me for straying slightly off topic here, but I'm curious.

Notwithstanding the obvious gap in my PES knowledge, why did you feel the need to stick the boot in after fantomas23 had already politely set me straight in this matter?

Did this situation really require further 'moderation' by your good self?

I read your post and quickly responded to it.

And yes you are right about your other post too, we do have our large share of trolls and WUMs so sometimes swift action is required to shut things down quick. I do apologize if I was a bit rash. But I still think for you to be so precise and determined with your (wrong) response gives the wrong impression to people and we do need to give the game credit where it's due.

He won't have a bad word said about his beloved PES, oh no. After all, this isn't a PES 2015 Discussion Thread. It's a "Let's pretend everything is amazing in PES" thread by the looks of things.

By the look of things in this thread you'd have noticed it's anything but "Let's pretend everything is amazing in PES". But you've only joined (have you now? ;) ) and haven't gone through the thread yet you still say that.

Anyway, enjoy your vacation.

Even though menus can be in English, if I am not mistaken all player names are in Japanese on winning eleven games. So that is something else to consider

It was like this a decade ago with Winning Eleven 7 etc. But to be honest it wasnt that hard to change it to English as the shirt names were always in English. Also now one would imagine there will be some sort of option file on the net which will have this.

Menu text in English is the big issue, as years ago it was only in Japanese (and had to be "patched" to English, which probably isnt possible on the PS4), but I remember reading some of the more recent Winning Elevens had English language menus (as a selectable option), but that could have been the Asian (non-Japanese) version.

It's annoying because if it was confirmed that the Asian (non-Japanese) version had the J-League I'd consider getting that (as it has English menus). If the Japanese version (which def. has the J-League) was confirmed with English menus then I'd be tempted.

As it is I'm going to wait and see what's confirmed from the above versions and then also see confirmation of edit mode (on PS4) and also if you can edit those annoying fake teams before deciding which version (if any) to buy. I'm not really worried about online play, but if there are updates to Winning Eleven (e.g. new teams added etc) I'd want to be able to access them.

Last edited:
Any news about creating offline leagues to play with friends ?:)

I asked Adam about this, and he said that we can create custom offline leagues but the bad thing is, it will be from 14 teams up to 20. So if we are 4 friends we can't create a league with only 4 teams. You have to create a league with 14 teams.

That is useless for my needs.

Back
Top Bottom