PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

If you run alongside and press x it doesn't seem to track the run it just sends your defender into the man with the ball even without R1 pressed. I will have to try simply jockeying with R2 because I find it difficult to keep with the attacker.

As for the double tap I do use it sometimes to success but I find the animation is so drawn out the AI is usually gone by the time my leg is stuck out

As for the assists I also use 1 bar passing with manual modifier (mostly for long balls) basic shooting because advanced is rubbish again and every shot hits the woodwork.

They should have added a tutorial for the new mechanics. They did it last year, but Konami is gonna Konami.
For example, how does jostling work this year? Nobody really knows. Right stick is useless as it changes players. Maybe it's keeping the X button pressed, but they certainly don't explain it.

Hopefully the full game will include a proper tutorial. I hope they don't expect people to actually go read the command list, because nobody wants to do that. It's not 2004 any longer.

Square is fine in moderation when you want to control another defender to maintain the defensive line but the player controlled by square itself is still a homing missile.

Agreed with the last post. Its a bit of a guessing game. There appears to be no way to jostle or simply contain. It's either home.in, lunge or manually track

HK demo crashed my PS4 three times. Removed it after the 3rd crash. JPn so far seems to be behaving fine, but people on WENB mention over-heating and crashing as well.

Ugh. All was well until you guys mentioned it. Started the demo and just black-screened. Closed it which also took a while but thankfully it did when I switched profiles. Started again and all was fine.

Does anyone have any defending tips? X seems very much like a homing missile and I struggle to simply contain rather than press

stick to semi assisted player swich. switch players in the defence to close the gap or to mark other players with the right stick and send cpu players to the player on the ball with square/shoot( defeault buttons)

new-pes-2015-images-2.jpg

new-pes-2015-images-1.jpg

lol yep. Folk will look at my post and think i am crazy.

But even the GK's having actual gloves makes a difference, makes it feel real.

You right mate.

It's the little details that make good games great. EA have hit the nail on so many little things which used to be what Konami prided themselves on. Hair movement on Edgar Davids back in the day. The way they used to have a camera angle from the stands during celebrations in PES4 the fucking breathe of the players on a snowy pitch.

Konami are playing catch up so hard that they don't have time to add that polish instead removing shit just to get it functional again.

Gameplay is king but I am not a young man anymore who can draw up a spreadsheet to arrange tournaments with my buddies. When I put a game in after a long days work i want to do so to disappear into the gaming world.

Playing games like The Last of Us, Battlefield and metal gear Solid has a level of immersion I need that is down to attention to detail. Fifa have so much right, presentation, Commentary, sound effects like the ball hitting the net, the animations like a player dragging you to the ground is just phenomenal. They closer to that memorable PES4 intro video trailer than Konami ffs.

The pro Evo team need to get their shit together because the world isn't the place it was back in the days of PES5.

Probably hardest match i've played is against bilbao on superstar, never had so little of the ball before in any football game, jeee!

i cant believe that on the highlights we STILL only can watch 4-5 goals top! this is how it is since ISS Pro Evolution Soccer!!!! since 1999!!!! Cant beleive on an 8th goal thriller the game decides wich goal can i watch again.....and i cant even dream about waching a good wide shot or a keeper save then, only goals

My PS4 froze after a game once. Had to unplug it.

LOL... Picture this:
Just got home from the shop where I bought the PS4. Connected the console, downloaded the demo (I was as a anxious as a virgin teenage boy about to have sex for the first time) after 2 hours downloading the demo, I fire it up, select the teams, hit "Start Match" and BAM! it hangs on the "loading" screen. FIRST TIME USING THE GOD DAMN CONSOLE, HAD TO UNPLUG IT! I was in pain man... I was suffering. Unplugging the console like that the first time I was actually even using it was really hard.

LOL.

Thankfully, that was the only time it happened. Fingers crossed

Back
Top Bottom