PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

:D glad you found Messi.

try the FIFA demo and tell me what you think compared to PC. I suspect there may be a difference

I still believe Messi is better represented in FIFA overall. Although it's true that he doen't have the close control in FIFA as he does in PES. But all in all Messi's better in FIFA. His speed and agility are closer to real life. His free-kick animation is perfect. Plus I've seen some pretty awesome moves.

However, at least now I don't feel like Messi is "just another player" in PES like I was feeling on the PS3 version.

I don't know about this game longevity. It might get old and boring soon. Or it might now. I don't know.

We all agree FIFA comes with the whole package this year. Presentation, TV broadcast feeling, licenses, graphics, etc.

Have you guys tried to Play against Bilbao and Atl. madrid ?

Isn't it strange the fact that they offer the hardest challange on the demo ?

I didn't Play against every team on the demo, but so far they have been the hardest to beat. They are the teams that keep the ball better.

Playing as Barcelona against Bilbao on manual controll can be frustrating at times, it's a match that exposes some problema with the demo.

There's something wrong with how Barça plays against Bilbao.

Guys, sorry for quoting myself, but Id like you to give it a try and Play as Barcelona against Atl. Bilbao, and then tell me if you see the same problema that I posted here.

I'm playing as Barça vs Napoli and it's great, I don't see a problem how Barcelona behaves, but against Bilbao it can be frustrating. I Don't if there's a handicap AI, I don't know how to say it, but there's clearly something wrong with it.

The problem with Atletico Madrid is a mistake in the DB. Their play style is set to posession in away games (strange, as they clearly don't play like that IRL). It's already fixed for the final build.

Real Madrid play like a League Two side. Constantly pumping long balls down the channels and scarificing possession.

Getting to grips with dribbling more. Realised now you can be close to the defender without necessarily being disposed. Need to time a press of sprint at the right moment to get away.

Must admit I'm not finding much individuality between players. Although team individuality is good albeit a bit exagerrated between possession + direct. The tactical options make a big difference. Finding Ath. Madrid the easiest to play with and hardest to play against.

1-2s seem too effective though. Pretty easy to play it through the centre like this then into the box without the AI picking your runners up.

EA taking the license for all la liga stadiums and only put 4 in to FIFA 15, is a disgrace. I do think Konami were lying about this stadium license stuff, they just covering up the lack of resources they have to render all the stadiums in the fox engine....

EA taking the license for all la liga stadiums and only put 4 in to FIFA 15, is a disgrace. I do think Konami were lying about this stadium license stuff, they just covering up the lack of resources they have to render all the stadiums in the fox engine....

Who are talking about all Spanish stadiums in Pes 2015? We will very happy to have Camp Nou and Satiego Bernabeu.

Hmm that´s interesting.
I was playing on D-Pad ever since I started with PES 3 and always refused to change on stick until PES 2014 came out.

There I felt a lot of limitations in movement playing with D-Pad and forced myself to get used to the stick, which wasn´t easy and took me some time.
But after I managed that, it was a lot more fun and satisfying.

Didn´t feel any limitations in this demo about this.

Apologies I've been using a iPhone of late to post,hence I'm being a bit lazy as it tends to hang...anyway onto the iPad.

What I meant was pes still feels restrictive and limited in its axis of movement especially while defending,and while I appreciate movement with the ball shouldn't be on a dime it shouldn't be so restrictive while not controlling the ball carrier.

The gameplay and feeling of control suffers from the same limitations,I always feel I'm working with very limited angles and the directions of movement still feel in the most part like they exist on a 8-axis plain.

ive got very nimble fingers and very soft game playing hands and I don't hammer pads or make heavy inputs.

A common theme for me both this gen and last is the overriding feeling I'm wrestling the controller and my inputs have to be heavy and exaggerated to get the game to respond to my commands.

So in a nutshell while Fifa feels like a game that's designed for analog control,pes still feels like at its core it's built with automated control and a 8-axis grid.

Last edited:
Real Madrid play like a League Two side. Constantly pumping long balls down the channels and scarificing possession.

Getting to grips with dribbling more. Realised now you can be close to the defender without necessarily being disposed. Need to time a press of sprint at the right moment to get away.

Must admit I'm not finding much individuality between players. Although team individuality is good albeit a bit exagerrated between possession + direct. The tactical options make a big difference. Finding Ath. Madrid the easiest to play with and hardest to play against.

1-2s seem too effective though. Pretty easy to play it through the centre like this then into the box without the AI picking your runners up.

Dangerously close to canning this preoreder. I am all for multi player online and offline but single player offline hinges on the ai and i just played a game that made me switch off my console.

I lost 6 - 1 to Madrid with 4 of the exact same goals pass, control, and chip was exactly the same. How did the people who played this for so long not pick this up? Or does early access come with a disclaimer?

Tweeted konami and i hope I get some form of response here

Check out @zeemeister1's Tweet: https://twitter.com/zeemeister1/status/513400462834688000

My pros and cons for PES 2015.

PROS:
Faces are amazing up-close. Player models are quite good too.
Facial expressions are amazing, you can distinguish between happy, sad and angry. (Boateng, Lichtsteiner and Bonucci are incredible)
Player ID (CR7, Messi, Robben, Asamoah, Llorente e Pirlo are my favourites)
The way fans react to tackles etc.
Cristiano Ronaldo. (Face, movement and celebration)
Goalkeepers, although I have a hilarious mistake from Neuer to show you. :LOL:
The dynamic weather. I'm pretty sure the intensity of the sun changes in the demo. Plus the rain looks great, from the trailer.
It's fun at times.

CONS:
Gameplay is good but nothing special. I find it really sloppy at times, between long touches and collisions. I feel as if I don't fully control my players. When compared to FIFA, you can do so little with each player.
Player reaction to passes is quite bad, I play manual so sometimes if the pass doesn't go right to them they just leave it and eventually go for it when it's too late.
Collision system isn't great.
Shots are overpowered.
Shooting in general is bad, a lot of the goals I've conceded in my box are horrible, from the animation to the lack of power. They're all the same and it looks like the scorer shifts towards the ball with his foot rather than striking it with force. This happens with passing too.
Goalkeepers can throw the ball way too far.
Penalties. They should copy Fifa's.
The AI doesn't foul. I got my first freekick today, in my own half though.
Graphics from far aren't the best (i.e. far from NG graphics), Fifa looks way better. The whole thing looks a bit washed out to me.
I really dislike PES' kits, they often look plastic. When will they introduce dynamic kits? It's ridiculous how the kit goes from one crease texture to another. Fifa is the same but the texture of the kits in it are more cloth-like.
GUI is terrible, whether it's the pause menu (looks like PES6), the tips, the pre-match menu or the presentation before the match. Konami has so much to learn from FIFA under that aspect.

As you can see, I'm very critical of and disappointed with PES, especially with all this hype.

I'll probably get both but I enjoy FIFA's gameplay more. At this stage, I think it's a fact that it's the better 'product'.
I have every single PES since ISS (I'm pretty sure I do, might have skipped 2009) so I'll end up getting this one too, with the difference that it won't be my 'main' football game.

Screenshot_2014-09-20-21-07-49.png

In the Internet era, no matter the amount of good in a video-game no developer can please everybody, for me the tougher the AI the better, i miss pes 2012 AI.

Just my opinion, as far as the game is Fun and it is well presented, i will buy it.

Not everybody liked pes 4,5,6 i personally preferred pes 6 which i personally played till pes 2009 and i didnt care if newer games where coming out but that is my opinion anyway.

Back
Top Bottom