PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

I think the biggest problem is pes is still to d-pad centric..despite a gradual move to more directions of movement it still feels like a game designed primarily to be played on the d-pad.

Im just getting the same déjà vu feeling as I have the last few years.At first it feels fresh,more responsive but the more you play you get the same feeling your just playing the same game just with more graphical polish.

It's that teamvision thing where you feel like a passenger and the game only let's you play by its rules and ultimately ithe outcomes set in stone and your just forced to go with it or wrestle against it.

Ipswich made the point that it's feels like the ps2 engine and maybe there's some truth in that,that they just took the ps2 skeleton and just glossed it up the to make it look next gen with havok physics bolted on and fox assets such as lighting and graphics.

Something interesting also happened to me today,I was in THE GAME looking through the bargain bins and was advising a guy in a wheelchair which old pes to buy as he had every version since 2009 in his hand and as they ranged from 50p to around 2 quid.I advised him to buy 2012 as that would give him the best bang for his buck and asked him why he preferred pes to Fifa.His answer was the simplicity of playing pes and that because he had problems with grip and control of all of his fingers FIFAs control scheme was just to complicated and he just preferred the simplicity of pes.For me this is telling and really took me by suprise.

Obviously we talking about a game that's still has development time left and we are playing a short demo with one stadium with limited variables.Thing is I'm not to overly confident now after extended play and have the feeling the delay of the uk demo was deliberate not technical based on what Fifa has brought to the table this year.

Last edited:
Will download the demo tonight, haven't played a PES game properly since 2011 sadly. I might have played 3 matches on 2014, thankfully it was a gift. Would be nice to have a game other than Battlefield and Destiny for the PS4 though.

To be fair I was one of those sad uni bellends that was able to dedicate every waking hour to building up a decent team in MLO. These days if you can't spend a solid 18 hours a day earning money and whatnot then you will never be competitive. Hopefully I will be unemployed soon so I can get my priorities in order.

Badgerman!

No matter how hard i try, but i can't do that on my ps4, as soon as i pass the midfield the gk goes back into the goal post...
Edit: And these are all replays, it means he could be playing versus a human pushing triangle all the time.
Edit2: Yep, you can clearly see it is versus a human, nice try by this guy lol.

well who knows. why would he bother making a fake video like that anyways?

Will download the demo tonight, haven't played a PES game properly since 2011 sadly. I might have played 3 matches on 2014, thankfully it was a gift. Would be nice to have a game other than Battlefield and Destiny for the PS4 though.

To be fair I was one of those sad uni bellends that was able to dedicate every waking hour to building up a decent team in MLO. These days if you can't spend a solid 18 hours a day earning money and whatnot then you will never be competitive. Hopefully I will be unemployed soon so I can get my priorities in order.
Hey hey!

Yup i cant wait to hear the announcements,
As for the people comparing engines and games with 4 years ago. From what i gather listening to kojima interviews, the pes team still do not know how to use the fox engine and are seriously lagging behind because of this,

When i look at the engine at work in mgs, i see the potential it has, but i think there is ingrained somewhere in the japanese culture, a fear of change and as such it is difficult for them to abandon their old ways of doing things.

I think that was the problem sea-bass had, he had a traditional way of looking at games , fine games should be "Fun" but more importantly the tech behind it has to improve along with it and that is the problem konami have.

I forsaw a lot of problems with pes 2015 because i just wasn't sure if the pes team would be technically capable of utilizing the engine but all these fears were allayed sortof, when i listened to one of Asim tanvir's interviews with Julien merceron, In case you guys dont know he was a former technology chief at square enix and i can understand exactly what is holding konami back.

He was handpicked by kojima to sort of instruct the team on how best to use the engine. I also discovered something very true and that is that the pes team are still building the football engine from the fox engine and as such new builds sortof are constantly coming out to enable the pes team acheive what they want to do more easily. That explains why there was such a jump from E3 to gamescom and why Asim was very surprised and thought it was a different game entirely.

As much as i feel butt-hurt about konami's PC decision, i feel it can only get better from here on out. The pes team want a dedicated football engine just like they had on the ps2 days, and the very sad truth is that they are still building it and that is why the game's visuals wont jump as high people expect and will only increase in terms of visuals very gradually as they get a newer build of the engine to enable more of the things they want.

Also people comparing to fifa and what not i feel fifa has been using practically the same engine since 08 and quite frankly it really is getting old as a result the good thing about fifa is that the engine was built specifically for 360 movement quite unlike the old pes engine.

I see it as a balance basically that is why pes 2010 was the best looking pes on the ps3 and all that stuff was toned down for pes 11 so basically, the pes team needs an engine that will allow for substantial increase in all departments.

For what its worth i see the potential in the pes engine and what it does well, its just that those animations are stitched together really horribly, and really needs to be looked at. I feel the animations in this new engine are more natural than that of ignite and I'm an animation freak,

not to say that the pes engine is not bad too , its just the least worse one of the too, but the actual stitching of the animation is what ignite engine does better and that is because of their inverse kinematics and the way they manipulate animations on the fly.

I still think the fox engine or pes engine is better in terms of the actual animations, physics engine although it is being poorly utilized, the graphics and the lighting. But Fifa has the advantage right now because what they have is a full football engine something that right now konami do not have.

In conclusion it can only get better from here on out just have a little patience.

Here is the interview if anybody cares to listen

http://winningelevenblog.com/blog/pes-2015-jon-murphy-julian-merceron-naoya-hatsumi-interview/

Some valid points but it's the same old excuses and theories..it's only going to get better,we are working day and night ect ect..

I thinks it's bigger and boils down to a company like many in Japan that don't know how to really innovate and are just milking a good ip based on past glories.

So many years of promises and bold statements like the pitch is ours when in reality it's the same tired formula slightly remixed with big bold marketing buzzwords...I'm not saying the animations in pes are bad,in fact there very realistic and look more 3d,it's just the same old boy who cried wolf story from konami and it's getting old.

Still in love with patched Pes 2014 . .. . .not getting this game at all .. . .graphically looks shit on Ps3 . .. . doing my best to like it but not feeling it... . .hope you all enjoy it but it's not for me unfortunately. I think you would have had to be a huge fan of Pes5/6 to like this version . .. .all the progress of Pes 2014 fucked away for this. . . love to read opinions in 3 months time.

I don't need opinions from wannabe mods on this, ban me call me a troll or whatever I couldn't care less.

Is it me or are the headers really underpowered? I haven't scored a header yet, can't seem to get any power behind it.

Am I missing something?

Loving the R2 dribbling btw. It's a breath if fresh air. For those criticising the homing missile crosses and passes, turn the assists off. It's still assisted but feels so much more "free"

Scoring lots of headers on ps4, keeper never gets near most of them

Some valid points but it's the same old excuses and theories..it's only going to get better,we are working day and night ect ect..

I thinks it's bigger and boils down to a company like many in Japan that don't know how to really innovate and are just milking a good ip based on past glories.

So many years of promises and bold statements like the pitch is ours when in reality it's the same tired formula slightly remixed with big bold marketing buzzwords...I'm not saying the animations in pes are bad,in fact there very realistic and look more 3d,it's just the same old boy who cried wolf story from konami and it's getting old.
U do have a point people are really tired and cannot be arsed anymore. I would much rather they spend more time working than talkin tbh. There is a lot pes needs to do with their game technically it needs to evolve based on their ps2 ethos of total freedom and control.

I'm loving this demo so much.
But please don't tell me they took away the feature to kick using [] + /\ in order to shoot a strong low ball.
Please tell me there is a away to fix it!

Whats that thing they say about assumptions and mother of all fuckups.
Your perogative though.

Am I?
We'll see about that. To stay faithful to my ambiguity I just bought a PS4 and I'm downloading the PES 2015 Demo as I type. Will report back later.

@chiefrocka4real I have no faith in this forum anymore :LOL: I had a moment a few days ago where I Messi dribbled my way past 3 (maybe 4 if you count the last guy sliding to stop the shot) I save it on my phone with intent to upload it for you chaps to show how great his ID is and find a post saying Messi doesn't appear as good s everyone else.

Yup, that was me talking about Messi. Hopefully I'll get to master him and the game enough to enjoy it the way you are! :D

Still in love with patched Pes 2014 . .. . .not getting this game at all .. . .graphically looks shit on Ps3 . .. . doing my best to like it but not feeling it... . .hope you all enjoy it but it's not for me unfortunately. I think you would have had to be a huge fan of Pes5/6 to like this version . .. .all the progress of Pes 2014 fucked away for this. . . love to read opinions in 3 months time.

I don't need opinions from wannabe mods on this, ban me call me a troll or whatever I couldn't care less.

:SS

Why would you or anyone get banned for saying that type of opinion?

I think some of you guys got their facts mixed. There's a big difference between opinion and trolling, and I don't see yours as trolling.

There are others who are on here or any other thread to exclusively post negatively and wind people up. They simply never care about the progression of said game, they're just in to troll. Might be fun to them but it ruins a good discussion for decent members.

Anyway, I'm still not digging this game yet.

Am I?
We'll see about that. To stay faithful to my ambiguity I just bought a PS4 and I'm downloading the PES 2015 Demo as I type. Will report back later.

Yup, that was me talking about Messi. Hopefully I'll get to master him and the game enough to enjoy it the way you are! :D
Awesome stuff. You shouldn't buy a console for 1 game though.

I am with deco. I prefer so many things in PES2014 that have been stripped out so I am not completely sold on PES2015 so far. It's good but imo could have been great

Last edited:
I'm loving this demo so much.
But please don't tell me they took away the feature to kick using [] + /\ in order to shoot a strong low ball.
Please tell me there is a away to fix it!

They did and it upsets me immensely. Fucking Konami and taking shit out.

I also think the are alot of animations that heave been removed from pes 2014 like the sliding tackle to keep the ball.

Pisses me off no end when Konami take 2 steps forward 1 step back.

I suspect that for the next few years pes next gen is going to suffer. The PS3 is still the lead console and the game is optimised for that platform

Last edited:
WOW. And WOW AGAIN.

Just played my first 6 matches on PS4. Day and night. LOVING PES 2015.

I can't believe that Lami said the only difference between the PS4 and the PS3 versions were in the graphics! I mean... I still respect his opinion, but I don't share it AT ALL.

Gameplay-wise the game is at least 20% more responsive than on PS3. Plus it feels so much smoother and real.

Shit I could even dribble with Messi like hell. You were right zeemeister.

Finally! Two proper football games this year. I love FIFA. I love PES. :APPLAUD:

Won't get too much into every single part of the game. Some other fellas did it, and I probably can't do it any better. Nuff said. But boy... I'm enjoying PES like I haven't done in at least 10 years? :COOL:

They did and it upsets me immensely. Fucking Konami and taking shit out.

I also think the are alot of animations that heave been removed from pes 2014 like the sliding tackle to keep the ball.

Pisses me off no end when Konami take 2 steps forward 1 step back.

I suspect that for the next few years pes next gen is going to suffer. The PS3 is still the lead console and the game is optimised for that platform

Noooooooooooooo! I can't believe they are so stupid. This feature was so genius. One of the greatest things of the game and they take it away. Unforgivable! But why?! At least you could use or don't use it. What's the point!?

Anyway thanks for your answer. You talked about PS3 as lead platform. Do you think they are keeping square + triangle on PS3 version at least? Or is it gone too?

Disappointing...

It seems to be gone.. But if you pull the L stick away from the goal when the bar is filling up you get a low shot, just like the old ps2 games...

:SS

Why would you or anyone get banned for saying that type of opinion?

I think some of you guys got their facts mixed. There's a big difference between opinion and trolling, and I don't see yours as trolling.

There are others who are on here or any other thread to exclusively post negatively and wind people up. They simply never care about the progression of said game, they're just in to troll. Might be fun to them but it ruins a good discussion for decent members.

Anyway, I'm still not digging this game yet.

Lami, I apologise I was drunk last night and don't even remember posting this. I'm with you with the not digging the game part. . . .I'm the same!

I really hope this game is a grower because it feels very dated and basic to me.
There doesn't seem to be any freedom. I can't do what I want to do as the A.I decides it knows best.

Me: Sprint
A.I: nope I don't want you to sprint just yet. We'll wait till the opposing player gets close

Me: Pass to that guy in space
A.I: so you've powered up your pass have you? Well fuck you, I'm doing a slow pass to the guy next to you AND I'm going to let the other team nip in and steal possession

Me: knock the ball on and sprint into space
A.I: I told you before! I decide when and where you sprint. You can double click that sprint button all you want. I'm jogging and that's that!

And what is it with all this double click nonsense. Double click to sprint, double click to tackle. Soooooo dated.

I could go on, but I think you get the point. So disappointed!

P.S and don't get me started on the nets

WOW. And WOW AGAIN.

I can't believe that Lami said the only difference between the PS4 and the PS3 versions were in the graphics! I mean... I still respect his opinion, but I don't share it AT ALL.

Gameplay-wise the game is at least 20% more responsive than on PS3. Plus it feels so much smoother and real.

Finally! Two proper football games this year. I love FIFA. I love PES. :APPLAUD:

Won't get too much into every single part of the game. Some other fellas did it, and I probably can't do it any better. Nuff said. But boy... I'm enjoying PES like I haven't done in at least 10 years? :COOL:

I've said it already: Just judging from the videos and impressions, I could tell that the PS4 offers better graphics, better AI and better gameplay-feeling.

But we'll have to see how that plays out for the release version, but I think the PS4-version will increase the gap to the PS3-version even more, but the Xbox1-version could still be polished up to be on par with the PS4-version.

WOW. And WOW AGAIN.

:D

Well that's good then. Tbh I didn't see any difference in gameplay much, I mean stand-out differences. Graphics stood out to me so that was obvious.

Glad you're enjoying the PS4 version at least.

Back
Top Bottom