PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

Awesome stuff. You shouldn't buy a console for 1 game though.

I am with deco. I prefer so many things in PES2014 that have been stripped out so I am not completely sold on PES2015 so far. It's good but imo could have been great

Just wondering what did you like from 2014 that is stripped away?

WOW. And WOW AGAIN.

Just played my first 6 matches on PS4. Day and night. LOVING PES 2015.

I can't believe that Lami said the only difference between the PS4 and the PS3 versions were in the graphics! I mean... I still respect his opinion, but I don't share it AT ALL.

Gameplay-wise the game is at least 20% more responsive than on PS3. Plus it feels so much smoother and real.

Shit I could even dribble with Messi like hell. You were right zeemeister.

Finally! Two proper football games this year. I love FIFA. I love PES. :APPLAUD:

Won't get too much into every single part of the game. Some other fellas did it, and I probably can't do it any better. Nuff said. But boy... I'm enjoying PES like I haven't done in at least 10 years? :COOL:

I think gameplay differences you noticed are due to higher framerate on PS4

I was a huge player of PES/WE on the PS2 and didnt like any of the PS3/360 gen's pro evo's at all. I switched to FIFA in 08. The joys of being at University 10/12 years ago and going trekking for 2 hours on a train to the dodgy games shop in Manchester to pick up the new WE burnt with the translations, kits, boots and balls, then playing it all year was magic.I Even got that funny gizmo to slide open the disc tray and put the burnt CD in! It was necessary as WE was that amazing. WE7 international (I think) was to me the best football game there was, and Konami haven't pushed on at all.

To be fair this years demo is to me the first properly playable version of PES in what is it 7 or 8 years, and after playing it last night, it seems so basic, it is almost like how I remember it on my PS2, or not even as good. Pes 2014 is decent though don't get me wrong.

It doesn't feel how a cutting edge sports game should in 2014 though. Yes FIFA has the graphics, licenses and presentation, but that was all rectifiable with option files or burning with PES, as the gameplay was that good. If that cant happen now, as an adult I haven't the time or inclination to modify kits, boots, transfers, player names, formations like I used to at uni. The fact FIFA is a truly good game, with all the extras too, swings it.

I don't want to polute the thread with a comparison of this and FIFA, I'm just really fucked off that another year goes by, and again, a game that cant rival how I remember and enjoyed on the PS2 versions is released.

I'll still probably sure I'll buy it and see if it gives some joy, but I really feel alot of people have over exagerated how good PES has been the last few years, when it really has been awful in comparison to past achievements, and incremental improvements mean a 6/10 game then becomes a 6.5/10 game the year after. This years seems an improvement, but nowhere near what I would truly want these days and that to me is very frustrating.

Just wondering what did you like from 2014 that is stripped away?

Most of all there was this heavy weight to everything your player felt like an actual body that affected everything, dribbling, turning holding off a defender

The next big thing is the true ball tech. The ball felt like a separate entity that needed to be controlled.

Sliding tackles were really good as well. On PES2015 I noticed when you slide the player goes for the player rather than the ball. He literally goes for the players legs rather than the ball. On which planet does a player running alongside a defender slide with his opposite foot? I would expect that from strikers or poor defenders but not world class defenders.

Maybe I am being overly critical because I expected more from PES2015 demo. I liked PES2014 no matter how unpolished it appeared. I get the few games I enjoy but to many games that I feel like I am going through the motions

I keep reading these posts daily but can't give my opinion yet because there's no demo on Xbox 360...and yesterday I read that the game's not being shipped to Asia on Xbox 360? Is that right?????? I've tweeted Adam but no reply yet. No demo is bad enough and has no logical explanation...but wtf Konami?

Most of all there was this heavy weight to everything your player felt like an actual body that affected everything, dribbling, turning holding off a defender

The next big thing is the true ball tech. The ball felt like a separate entity that needed to be controlled.

Sliding tackles were really good as well. On PES2015 I noticed when you slide the player goes for the player rather than the ball. He literally goes for the players legs rather than the ball. On which planet does a player running alongside a defender slide with his opposite foot? I would expect that from strikers or poor defenders but not world class defenders.

Maybe I am being overly critical because I expected more from PES2015 demo. I liked PES2014 no matter how unpolished it appeared. I get the few games I enjoy but to many games that I feel like I am going through the motions

Here see for me PES 2014 had a very unrealistic sense of weight players moved like they were running in mud. In real life people and especially footballers don't move like that. For me 2015 actually keeps that weight shift idea and all the moves that were in 2014 but uses it in a much better way. When sprinting there still is momentum and there is still that level of acceleration from standing. But its just that with better dribblers you can now change direction much easier which is how it should be. Personally I still hugely feel the weight of players and the difference between players when dribbling is far higher than last year.

For me your point about the ball being harder control has more to do with the lack of responsiveness and awful player awareness than any gameplay implementation Konami aimed to bring in. Players would see a ball in front of them and not try to control it so of course itd be harder to control the ball.

I agree with slide tackles although even then there is far more impact felt in tackles when you clear someone out.

Obviously these are all your opinions and I respect them I just don't see anything in PES 2014 that is better than 2015 especially if we are talking about comparing to real life.

Same here mate. No news from Konami about the X360 demo, so disrespectful...

The demo will also be made available in Japan for PlayStation®4, PlayStation®3 and Xbox One on September 18th, and in the US for PlayStation®4, Xbox One, PlayStation®3 and Xbox 360 on September 23rd. Demo dates for Europe will be announced shortly.

;)

Just had a really nice couple of games, playing Bayern against Napoli on PS3, superstar.

The first match I had a lot of the ball, slowly building up each attack. Passing in the midfield really seems to be the way to go in this game, just letting the ball work until you see an opening. The AI had a more direct approach, counter attacking with great speed, and in the end both methods had the same end result, 1-1 was the final score.

The second match was somewhat amusingly the opposite way, with Napoli scoring early and then in the second half just keeping the ball, keeping it, keeping it and keeping it some more with my Bayern running after them like headless chicken. It made me impatient so it ended up with my trying to nab the ball and have a quick counter. I had a few nice chances to equalize but no luck.

Last edited:
I think the biggest problem is pes is still to d-pad centric..despite a gradual move to more directions of movement it still feels like a game designed primarily to be played on the d-pad.

Hmm that´s interesting.
I was playing on D-Pad ever since I started with PES 3 and always refused to change on stick until PES 2014 came out.

There I felt a lot of limitations in movement playing with D-Pad and forced myself to get used to the stick, which wasn´t easy and took me some time.
But after I managed that, it was a lot more fun and satisfying.

Didn´t feel any limitations in this demo about this.

I would like to ask something. I believe there are more people, especially PC players, who are interested in that.

Can someone who has demo, make some video/screens with tactical settings of demo teams? Or is there already one? What about that side of a game?

Thanks

I´m not too worried about the goalnets anymore.
They certainly don´t come close to the nets of PES 2010 or 2011 but the nets do swing back after the ball hits them and I don´t have that steelcage feeling like I used to have by watching them vids only.

Anyway, a setting for this like in the other game would be awesome but might take a few years till KONAMI gets the idea...

Im glad the scouting system is back as well as player development like the ps2 days and that the menu's would look even nicer thanks to real life pictures and i saw something about transfer market news but i want more.

This is 2014 the presentation has to blow me away as well as stadium chants, none of that japanese bullshit.

Im glad the scouting system is back as well as player development like the ps2 days and that the menu's would look even nicer thanks to real life pictures and i saw something about transfer market news but i want more.

This is 2014 the presentation has to blow me away as well as stadium chants, none of that japanese bullshit.

There's nothing wrong with the Japanese "bullshit". Tone it down a bit. Your words can be worded differently.

There's nothing wrong with the Japanese "bullshit". Tone it down a bit. Your words can be worded differently.
sorry about that, but the gareth bale celebration last year was kinda ridiculous last year he was dancing like a go-go dancer after his heart celebration, maybe that is down to some weird Japanese humor

Ok so after 30 odd matches played my view on PS3 version, still have button input delay, unresponsive in general. i never get the feeling of being fully in control while defending. which has always been one of my strengths.
Player selecting needs work esp when defending,

AI is ok if you like to watch them pass the ball around their back four for three quarters of a game which i personally find boring not FUN.

Passing is random at times and even on 0 bars feels like its trying to assist. and the long ground through balls the AI hits are like homin missiles

Shooting is ok if you wanna score inside 18 yard box, ive only managed to score 2 goals from outside the box, and trust me i have always been able to find top corner in pes.

Goalkeepers have improved but cant save a shot inside the area but they dont come out of six yard box to narrow down angles quickly enough when bringing out manually,

All the players feel the same on the ball , and wtf is the running animation about holding both arms out like thunderbird puppets...

Ive played pes since the beginning and gave up on pes 2014 due to unresponsive controls ESP online,

Judging by comments on here the ps4 version is much more responsive and does what the ps3 just cannot do which is give a responsive game.. im not prepared to buy a ps4 just to play a decent game of footy, but seems that is only way forward :SMOKIN:

Here see for me PES 2014 had a very unrealistic sense of weight players moved like they were running in mud. In real life people and especially footballers don't move like that. For me 2015 actually keeps that weight shift idea and all the moves that were in 2014 but uses it in a much better way. When sprinting there still is momentum and there is still that level of acceleration from standing. But its just that with better dribblers you can now change direction much easier which is how it should be. Personally I still hugely feel the weight of players and the difference between players when dribbling is far higher than last year.

For me your point about the ball being harder control has more to do with the lack of responsiveness and awful player awareness than any gameplay implementation Konami aimed to bring in. Players would see a ball in front of them and not try to control it so of course itd be harder to control the ball.

I agree with slide tackles although even then there is far more impact felt in tackles when you clear someone out.

Obviously these are all your opinions and I respect them I just don't see anything in PES 2014 that is better than 2015 especially if we are talking about comparing to real life.

I realise I am in the minority on this one much like I was back when PES6 was released. Look by no means saying my pre order is cancelled in fact I paid my preorder yesterday morning.

Got fifa 15 to annoy me till release day :LOL:

Ok so after 30 odd matches played my view on PS3 version, still have button input delay, unresponsive in general. i never get the feeling of being fully in control while defending. which has always been one of my strengths.
Player selecting needs work esp when defending,

AI is ok if you like to watch them pass the ball around their back four for three quarters of a game which i personally find boring not FUN.

Passing is random at times and even on 0 bars feels like its trying to assist. and the long ground through balls the AI hits are like homin missiles

Shooting is ok if you wanna score inside 18 yard box, ive only managed to score 2 goals from outside the box, and trust me i have always been able to find top corner in pes.

Goalkeepers have improved but cant save a shot inside the area but they dont come out of six yard box to narrow down angles quickly enough when bringing out manually,

All the players feel the same on the ball , and wtf is the running animation about holding both arms out like thunderbird puppets...

Ive played pes since the beginning and gave up on pes 2014 due to unresponsive controls ESP online,

Judging by comments on here the ps4 version is much more responsive and does what the ps3 just cannot do which is give a responsive game.. im not prepared to buy a ps4 just to play a decent game of footy, but seems that is only way forward :SMOKIN:

Ok, if it is as you say, I am pretty sure I will like the game :)

Have you guys tried to Play against Bilbao and Atl. madrid ?

Isn't it strange the fact that they offer the hardest challange on the demo ?

I didn't Play against every team on the demo, but so far they have been the hardest to beat. They are the teams that keep the ball better.

Playing as Barcelona against Bilbao on manual controll can be frustrating at times, it's a match that exposes some problema with the demo.

There's something wrong with how Barça plays against Bilbao. The forwards (Neymar, Suarez and specially Messi) Play a bit too far from the midfield.

I hate the fact that as soon I get the with, lets say, Iniesta and there's a Huge space between him (Iniesta) and Messi with no opponent player in between, then Messi starts running as if the Barça attacking style was long balls, I hate that, it's all wrong.

I tried to change something on gameplan but nothing changes, it seems to be an Issue with the AI. Barça players, including attacking players, should move closer to the man on the ball, not making a forward run when there's a Huge space between him and the man on the ball, expecting the latter to make long pass.

Another thing thats wrong with Barça is with the AI TEAM movement when the attacking is center oriented (and not wide, Barça pre set strategy is center). I mean, just becaus the attacking is more focused in the middle since Barça has no player with a good height for crosses, that doesn't mean that Alba and Alves shouldn't move widely to explore both sides in circunstances that you clearly need them to do just that.

Someone gives me some help with tatics here for Barça, please. It's been hard to beat Bilbao with Barça on manual and thats for sure more of a tatical problem. There's something wrong with the preset Barça tatics and how the TEAM AI is oriented.

Last edited:
I'm loving this demo so much.
But please don't tell me they took away the feature to kick using [] + /\ in order to shoot a strong low ball.
Please tell me there is a away to fix it!

I have no problem blasting low shots with an able player using a short tap of the shot button and holding back on the stick. Much more intuitive to me than having to quickly hit 2 buttons.

there are only 5 la liga stadiums in fifa 15 ! i don't understand where is the exclusive deal !??!??! wtf is going on there?? is Konami lying ?

Back
Top Bottom