PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

Regardless, to me that reads like: The game is so fast and players are so "light" (instant response, etc), even FIFA does a better job at fooling people that it's somehow a realistic portrait of football in terms of pace and player weight.

Exactly. And it's kinda funny how both companies are talking up the realism of their games and yet impressions and pre-release vids indicate both games going further in the opposite direction.

I don't think pes/Bhatti his been been talking realism or sim. He had always mentioned having a balance and let's admit it.

Nobody wants realism, people may say so but if they got it they would be annoyed by the fact that you can't shoot a ball from 40 yards out with any player or that even Ronaldo,Messi and Neymar need to rest after running the length of the pitch or some players can't pass very well at all with a weaker foot that they are forced to use.

Imo making deductions on either game based on what we have seen on the vids is flawed.

have been watching the videos again, seems like players have to much space to constantly perform long range shots, am not impressed by that, doesnt look like you have to earn the space to have a crack, i hope they tighten that down.

I'm sorry but it is not possible to make any positive or negative conclusion based on video's.
The fact that players have too much space might be due to the level the game is played in those video's. It seems to be Obvious to me that one has more space on regular compared to hard (or whatever they are called).

People complain about speed. One can adjust speed in the game and i often here that YouTube video's are faster that games irl...

The demo will give us more indications, but knowing Konami, might be completely different from the final retail version...we will only know in novembre andi'm pretty sure some people will be over the moon with the game and others will hate it...

I'm sorry but it is not possible to make any positive or negative conclusion based on video's.
The fact that players have too much space might be due to the level the game is played in those video's. It seems to be Obvious to me that one has more space on regular compared to hard (or whatever they are called).

People complain about speed. One can adjust speed in the game and i often here that YouTube video's are faster that games irl...

The demo will give us more indications, but knowing Konami, might be completely different from the final retail version...we will only know in novembre andi'm pretty sure some people will be over the moon with the game and others will hate it...

I fully agree with this. Apart from that, I think some people are notorious complainers. People I see complaining every version from no matter what version of PES.
Look at PES 2015: It is by far the best version of the last years and still people try hard to see the bad points.
I think previous years Konami made the mistake to listen too much to the feedback from the demo's. Last year they brought out a reasonable good first demo and based on conplaints they changed it to the worse.
I fear Konami will do the same this year. Let's hope they do NOT listen too much this year, because the game looks fine now.

Last edited:
Regardless, to me that reads like: The game is so fast and players are so "light" (instant response, etc), even FIFA does a better job at fooling people that it's somehow a realistic portrait of football in terms of pace and player weight.

chickenglass.jpg

your right will have to wait till release, but i guess im not pumped about it like i used to be, cause all those goals that people have scored dont' look satisfying to me, will come to a better conclusion once i play against the AI, cause it looks like human vs human could be a massive goal fest

I fully agree with this. Apart from that, I think some people are notorious complainers. People I see complaining every version from no matter what version of PES.
Look at PES 2015: It is by far the best version of the last years and still people try hard to see the bad points.
I think previous years Konami made the mistake to listen too much to the feedback from the demo's. Last year they brought out a reasonable good first demo and based on conplaints they changed it to the worse.
I fear Konami will do the same this year. Let's hope they do NOT listen too much this year, because the game looks fine now.

This!
We HAVE to play the game by ourselves.
Before that it´s too hard to make any conclusions.
About KONAMI listening too much to feedback:
PES 2014. People complained about shooting, KONAMI patched it up and now every player can do screamers and other people were complaining about overpowered shots.
People complained about the less amount of fouls and with the latest patches, now there are way too many. Lol.

Problem also is, KONAMI doesn´t find the right balancing.

WOW
finally, he did a great job as a brand manager.:BOP:

Indeed!
It´s nice to read how he cares or at least tries to.
That´s the way it should go.
I understand that there are thousands of people hammering on him, but he should just ignore inappropiate accusions and answer stuff the right way.
And if he doesn´t know, just ask the developers.
Simple!

But he never looks good when answering stuff he´s actually not sure about and makes disputed statements.

I wouldn't want his job for all the money in the world, it is really a shit job.
His problem is that for years now Konami are very not customer orientated (have they ever been ?).
They came away with it as long as they had the best game, but since they PES6 they haven't got a single game that was liked by the big majority of the fans.

So they became very unsure and decided to listen to the fans, the only thing is that they listen too much now (agree with previous posters on this).

In the middle of all this is Adam Bhatti and he gets all the stick...poor guy.

PES2015
  • arcade
  • responsiveness
  • arcade
  • sell-out
  • arcade

FIFA15
  • same
  • as
  • last
  • year
Pretty much expected that from FIFA, but it's a real shame if what you're saying about PES going arcade-style is true. The only real selling point in my mind for PES was it's more realistic gameplay - they can't beat FIFA on it's own terms as a fast-paced arcade game...

I suppose both demos will be on the way soon, and I'll give both a fair shot. Unless one seriously impresses me though, I'll probably just buy neither.

I never got PES14 or FIFA14 and didn't miss having a football game to play - in truth I've been losing interest in football altogether recently.

Sadly it looks like PES has swung too far towards fast-paced arcade gameplay. I mean there are some great moments in these videos - fantastic goals and sweet skills and touches - but in general gameplay looks frenetic and less cerebral than I would expect from PES, and perhaps too responsive. The best PES titles got the sim/arcade balance right and I'm not sure Konami have done that this year. PES2015 seems to be a knee-jerk reaction to criticism of PES2014.

Cue comments about not judging a game from videos but that's all I've got to go on. In fact, as a PC gamer I have no clue what my version of PES will look like.

At this point I'm leaning towards FIFA 15, as although progression with that series has stalled in recent years, sometimes I feel it's better the devil you know than better the devil you don't. I'll probably end up buying both games but it's a sad situation that we have only two football games to choose from and neither appear to be pushing the genre forward.

I see where you're coming from and i understand you, but imo that is waaaayyy too pessimistic. (Still working on that free copy).

Mind you: your pessimism is justified with all we've been through the last years, but you never know it will one change...

We do have to play thing thing first before we are certain it's an arcade fest.

I do have a strong feeling i'm going to be playing PES 2013 again all year! Much like you get people still playing PES5/6 etc..

I see where you're coming from and i understand you, but imo that is waaaayyy too pessimistic. (Still working on that free copy).

Mind you: your pessimism is justified with all we've been through the last years, but you never know it will one change...

It's difficult for me to be anything other than pessimistic about PES, gerd.

Reminds me of the famous quote...

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results”

Sadly it looks like PES has swung too far towards fast-paced arcade gameplay. I mean there are some great moments in these videos - fantastic goals and sweet skills and touches - but in general gameplay looks frenetic and less cerebral than I would expect from PES, and perhaps too responsive. The best PES titles got the sim/arcade balance right and I'm not sure Konami have done that this year. PES2015 seems to be a knee-jerk reaction to criticism of PES2014.

Cue comments about not judging a game from videos but that's all I've got to go on. In fact, as a PC gamer I have no clue what my version of PES will look like.

At this point I'm leaning towards FIFA 15, as although progression with that series has stalled in recent years, sometimes I feel it's better the devil you know than better the devil you don't. I'll probably end up buying both games but it's a sad situation that we have only two football games to choose from and neither appear to be pushing the genre forward.
Yeah I think I'm leaning more that way too at the minute.

If PES does have less cerebral gameplay, then I don't have much of a reason to play it. That was the only thing I played PES for in recent years and if that's gone or severely diminished, I can't see much point in bothering with it.

At least with FIFA you know what you're getting, and it should have all of the bells and whistles and look pretty good/fluid, especially with this 'Ignite' engine.

Another quick point.....I was also hoping Konami would hit the 'next-gen' platforms with something a little more visually impressive. Apart from a nicer pitch texture and crowds, these videos could be straight from the PS3 if I didn't know otherwise.

We've been fed all this bullshit about teams working for years in the background to overhaul the series but I see precious little evidence of that.

img_3615_fifa-15-demo-player-ratings-stats-skillmoves-gameplay-bvb-man-city-psg-chelsea-gamescom-2014.jpg

What I dont understand is that pes removed the hexagon to show player stats. This was such a good way to compare player stats with each other.
In FIFA15 there is actually a hexagon. Unbelievable decision making within Konami :CONFUSE:

I would be pessimistic too if i wouldn't have the chance to play the game demo until "around launch".

Luckily i will try the demo in 2 weeks and see for myself what it's all about, will see if it's so arcade as it appears on these videos.

I don't think pes/Bhatti his been been talking realism or sim. He had always mentioned having a balance and let's admit it.

Nobody wants realism, people may say so but if they got it they would be annoyed by the fact that you can't shoot a ball from 40 yards out with any player or that even Ronaldo,Messi and Neymar need to rest after running the length of the pitch or some players can't pass very well at all with a weaker foot that they are forced to use.

Imo making deductions on either game based on what we have seen on the vids is flawed.

This has come up a few times and I've resisted the urge to reply but I figure the problem is people conflating their like of either game with it being 'realistic'. I must admit that I've done that in the past (with both game series) but I consider myself to now take a position where I consider PES to be a hybrid of realism/arcade and that it always has been; probably an 20:80 split if anything but the important point is not realism or arcade-style but depth. The way which people look upon the older PES titles as being able to show something new months down the line is what I hope the series is actually aiming for now based on its interest in bringing back the old PES 'style'. It's very easy to scrutinise the kind of game PES 2015 is likely to be based on a few gameplay videos and it's good that we do (gives us something to talk about) but there's no way of knowing what the game is really like until we play the game for ourselves. It looking like an arcade-game shouldn't be its death-knell if it excels in being a deep arcade game.

I did but you're right as well. I'm a PS3 or PC gamer dependent on what I'm doing and I've got no idea what either version looks like. I don't expect much focus on the less technologically advanced versions of the game but the oversight (in so far as having no gameplay videos whatsoever) leaves things up in the air. The problem is that they are a business and as such want to promote the best-looking version because it reflects best on them. Of course that back-fires on them in various ways such as, well, what you've just mentioned. The demo is going to be the make or break I suppose.

Last edited:
Another quick point.....I was also hoping Konami would hit the 'next-gen' platforms with something a little more visually impressive. Apart from a nicer pitch texture and crowds, these videos could be straight from the PS3 if I didn't know otherwise.

We've been fed all this bullshit about teams working for years in the background to overhaul the series but I see precious little evidence of that.
We have heard that for so many years. The other old chestnuts like "it's their first next-gen attempt! PES 2008 was bad too, give it time..." will probably be thrown about if this iteration fails.

Just had a quick look at a couple of vids and yeah... Really doesn't look impressive.

It's difficult for me to be anything other than pessimistic about PES, gerd.

Reminds me of the famous quote...

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results”

I spent all that time speaking about how PES 2013 and 2014 where going to be merged together to create something wonderful. This seemed to be where Konami where going, however it seems they ditched this and decided to make PES 6 HD! :(

PES 1-6 where games spawned in 8 directions and going back to that feeling is just going to create limits which are going to be a real letdown from what we have seen in the past few years. People have already noticed the shooting seems basic compared to 2011-2013 especially.

The perspective it seems the development team missed was that PES 2011-2013 in terms of just pure gameplay where not bad, they where all very good and PES 2012 after the 1.06 patch and all of PES 2013 without all the kitserver and gameplay mods cracking the gameplay where miles ahead of what PES 5 provided let alone PES 6. What PES 2011-2013 lacked was everything else apart from gameplay!

PES 2011-2013 issues:

- Dry, poor graphics and physics engine.
- Dreadful, poor almost PS2 level presentation.
- Player and teams not spelled fully and correctly.
- Poor Master league interface and match structure.
- Inconsistent servers.
- Dreadful sound quality.
- Stupidness such as magic boots and crazy player development (PES 2013)
- Poor Integration of advantage rule and injury cutscenes.

The problem with PES in these years was the full package! Hopefully if people do find it too arcade they will see that it's time to move on from that game, it's time to see the perspective that PES moved on and created something better, with the issue being the full package being poor which put people off.

The worst thing is that PES 2012 and PES 2013 provided a very good arcade game if you used all 4 passing assistance bars and played on 10 minutes or less, or if you played online ranked matches with regular difficulty. These games where excellent in providing the arcade simulation balance just changing the pass assistance, difficulty and time length settings.

im not a fan of the last gen PES serie so u cant convince me however i understand your point. i guess if it is really an "HD PES6" it would be nice to see that we get what we dream of and that we would like it or not after all or is it just the memories that makes us feel it was the perfect fun ever since.

Phew you guys are psychotic really

Have we now made the conclusion that pes is definetely arcade because of the videos highlighting cool goals.

holy shit

titiktik doesn't play pes but let's all jump on his bandwagon you lunatics

Back
Top Bottom