PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

Had a look at that goalkeeper video...

Some of the animations look fine but some of them look incorrect for that particular context. The initial one mentioned already where the keeper catches the cross but dives forward to do so. WHY?

Konami should realise that we're fine with keepers making mistakes or saving particular shots, but the animation itself is what's making keepers look bad - not their reaction necessarily. Even the hands look a bit stiff on occasion. If a rocket shot is palmed away via a quick reaction, it shouldn't always go at 90 degrees from the keepers hand in my opinion. It should deflect away (higher, lower, diagonally etc). Unless someone has good examples to say I'm wrong. I could very well be but the 90 degree deflections seem unnatural to my eyes.

EDIT:

I guess the animations are amplified because we're just watching video's and replays and we're probably more with the flow when playing the game. But there's no reason why we shouldn't be trying to eradicate the odd looking animations from the game.

Last edited:
The funny thing is most of us will buy it anyway.

Why is it funny?

Doesn´t the same people bought it the last 7 years, when the game was in shambles ( still yet to be proven their not anymore ).

People will moan and moan for eternity, because its impossible to please everybody, they lost the way 7 years ago, and instead of evolving with the technology they were regressing.

The game looks alright, we will end all doubts when playing it, but there´s to many thing yet that should have been explained and Konami does not give a sh$% to us.

I think its impossible that no one have said nothing about the FK system - no words from Konami

The penalty system - no words from Konami

Master league - ( more 2º divisions and???)

Online modes - FUT wannabe, what about LAG, disconnections, lobbies, filters

Keepers - Despite not being bad, comparing with past iterations, you should be getting a much more lifelike animation approach, rather that the 2 hand saves, or the feet on the same place dives, we expect to little, hopping to be given to much, and then we moan. Its 2014, not 2006 and sincerely the keepers look much better in 2006. Nowadays its like we are good with a stick between the sticks that can spill some balls out of the steel cage nets or should we say fences??? Don´t get me wrong i dont want superhuman keepers, but in 2014 we should demand keepers that make a real (animation wise talking) effort to try catching the balls, even if they have no chance to get to it. Stretching is the fundamental word.

Tactical side of the game - we know nothing, not from Konami not from the ones who have the chance to test and play the game. Isn´t the people who are playing the game die hard fans of the series like us?? Don´t know if they are, because if it was me with the game, i will try to show to people the tactical side and one is the most important parts of past PES games, where we could really win a match creating the right tactic. If they are real past PES players why don´t they show us that, instead of continuous boring repetitive matches without much depth and midfield battles, without that sense of struggling in defense in the final 15 minutes where the other team keeps pushing.

All we have seen for most of the videos its fast forward game approach, and i ask to myself, is it possible to play other way or not?

All we have seen for most of the videos its fast forward game approach, and i ask to myself, is it possible to play other way or not?

If you look at videos of recent PES games it can look arcadey and fast paced on videos but you can still play them at your own pace. I see no reason why PES 2015 will be any different.

Why is it funny?

Doesn´t the same people bought it the last 7 years, when the game was in shambles ( still yet to be proven their not anymore ).

People will moan and moan for eternity, because its impossible to please everybody, they lost the way 7 years ago, and instead of evolving with the technology they were regressing.

The game looks alright, we will end all doubts when playing it, but there´s to many thing yet that should have been explained and Konami does not give a sh$% to us.

I think its impossible that no one have said nothing about the FK system - no words from Konami

The penalty system - no words from Konami

Master league - ( more 2º divisions and???)

Online modes - FUT wannabe, what about LAG, disconnections, lobbies, filters

Keepers - Despite not being bad, comparing with past iterations, you should be getting a much more lifelike animation approach, rather that the 2 hand saves, or the feet on the same place dives, we expect to little, hopping to be given to much, and then we moan. Its 2014, not 2006 and sincerely the keepers look much better in 2006. Nowadays its like we are good with a stick between the sticks that can spill some balls out of the steel cage nets or should we say fences??? Don´t get me wrong i dont want superhuman keepers, but in 2014 we should demand keepers that make a real (animation wise talking) effort to try catching the balls, even if they have no chance to get to it. Stretching is the fundamental word.

Tactical side of the game - we know nothing, not from Konami not from the ones who have the chance to test and play the game. Isn´t the people who are playing the game die hard fans of the series like us?? Don´t know if they are, because if it was me with the game, i will try to show to people the tactical side and one is the most important parts of past PES games, where we could really win a match creating the right tactic. If they are real past PES players why don´t they show us that, instead of continuous boring repetitive matches without much depth and midfield battles, without that sense of struggling in defense in the final 15 minutes where the other team keeps pushing.

ok it's not funny.

Quite true.
At least they put a few nice ones in finally.
For example the one where he rolles on the ground after diving.

I think I´ve seen that animation in FIFA 09 the first time and wished it to be in PES too.
After all these years they finally done it.

Also the one where Buffon tries to parry the long shot from Schweinsteiger in Asim´s vid, with one hand is new and lookes nice too.

But seems like KONAMI is way too slow on that section.

Relax Relax .... everything will be fine .... we have to be calm, not to freak out.. just RELAX .. like me ... ;)
Have to wait only 10 weeks 1 day 10 hours 39 minutes and 59 seconds ....
58 seconds ....
57 seconds ....
56 seconds ....
55 seconds ....
54 seconds ....
53 seconds ....
52 seconds ....
51 seconds ....
50 seconds ....
49 seconds ....
48 seconds ....
47 seconds ....
46 seconds ....
45 seconds ....
44 seconds ....
43 seconds ....
42 seconds ....
41 seconds ....
40 seconds ....
39 seconds ....
38 seconds ....
37 seconds ....
36 seconds ....
35 seconds ....
34 seconds ....
33 seconds ....
32 seconds ....
31 seconds ....
30 seconds ....
29 seconds ....
28 seconds ....
27 seconds ....
26 seconds ....
25 seconds ....

Freak-Out.jpg

tumblr_inline_n26pf5dyOI1rnvwt1.gif

:LOL:

It seems every player in the videos so far has passing accuracy stat 99, first touch stat 99, shooting power and accuracy stats 99, dribbling and tricks stats 99, stamina stats 99.

Watching the videos reminds me of Football Kingdom - quite good fun but really only captures a thin layer of what real football is about. It's as if all there is to football is pinging a few pixel-perfect passes up the field and then slam a shot into the corner of the net. Where is the tactical depth, where is the physical play, where is the midfield battle, where are the fouls, where are the mistakes, where is the defence?

Looking forward to seeing a video with some lesser teams and some tactics in operation. Hoping it will reveal the other 80% of football elements that Konami seemed to have forgotten to include in their blind pursuit of arcade accessibility.

Great post!!
I agree 100%....

I'll be pissed if the demo has only 5 min games avaliable.

Lets hope we'll have 10 min matchs and no trailer in between them that we can not skip

I Think it was pes 2012 that had this, it was annoying lol. It was better to quit the demo and start it all over again lol

I'll be pissed if the demo has only 5 min games avaliable.

Lets hope we'll have 10 min matchs and no trailer in between them that we can not skip

I Think it was pes 2012 that had this, it was annoying lol. It was better to quit the demo and start it all over again lol

I'm just hoping the demo release doesn't get delayed.

BTW

Talking about trailler... Will Konami ever release one for PES 2015, or they will let that guy (who indeed does an incredible job) do the work for them ?

I'm still waiting for an official trailer from them. If Konami were smart, they could release a trailer a week before the demo to draw peoples attention to the demo itself.

Last edited:
For the keepers, I will only talk about the manual control. Konami, please, read this: Keepers do also run, like any other player, I hate those sutpid little steps they take when you're controlling them. And, once again, there should be an specific button for an specific action: for instance, :circle: for catching the ball (try to) or :square: for punch clear the ball, etc.It's not that hard.

PD: I hope demo for PS3 will show us they are not only working for NG machines.

@Adam_Bhatti: For those asking, demo code much newer than Gamescom. New faces, newer graphics, new keeper animations, and club teams! #PES2015

@Adam_Bhatti: Doing final demo tests tomorrow. Everyone was surprised by the PS3/X360 quality. Huge improvement, you'll enjoy the demo! #PES2015

I hope the with time they got they will make the goalkeepers slightly better. I am worried to many rebound goals. Goalkeepers should parry the ball more to the corners and not into the feet of the opponent. It seems that shooting from outside the box is very easy. If they can improve on defending, or have a option for more agressive " closing in" then the game will be very good to play. I must say I am very impressed with the goalkeepers. I really had no faith, but I think from gamescom till release, they have enough time to tweak the goalkeepers, to make them solid and improve defending abilities. The animation ( and I am talking about the behaviour) is so much better than FIFA now. They have really nailed it. There is a video of Hulk scoring a goal and in the replay he gives his teammates high fives, that looks almost real, even if its just a sequence. But miles better than FIFA. But for me defending is the most important part of a football game, I want a football game that allows us to become really good in defending(/offending.) That way it makes for a more interesting game of football.

Well this is rather worrisome:

First impressions: It's fast. Very fast. You can get from one end of the pitch to the other pretty quickly if you're holding the sprint button, and it just feels like a very fluid and enjoyable experience. Those after the more 'realistic' simulation of FIFA might be turned off here, but if you hark back to the days when football games were more about being games than imitations of the real thing then you'll find plenty to shout about here.

From this preview: http://www.arabicgamers.com/previews/3689/preview-pro-evolution-soccer-2015

I haven't been following the news on either game at all this year, or watched any videos.

Would somebody be able to give me a concise, bullshit-free set of bullet points for the main new features/changes for each title?

Back
Top Bottom