PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

video is decent. With this on a hard AI mode this could be class.

Goalkeepers look ok too, if a chance is presented to these top class players then it should be finished.

The nets FFS. I really hope they fix them. This is the big hold back just now visually.

Some lovely stuff there though

im not not picking but these poor keeper animations have plagued PES for about 10 years now.

If I had time or no life Id trail through YouTube and find a video supporting my argument but I just cant be fucked.

im not not picking but these poor keeper animations have plagued PES for about 10 years now.

If I had time or no life Id trail through YouTube and find a video supporting my argument but I just cant be fucked.

Agreed. While the keepers in this years PES may be reliable the animations in general are still poor compared to the real world and those in the other football game. The keeper diving with his hands in front is an immersion killer, for sure.

Keepers look shocking to me, it frustrates me they don't reach for the ball properly. The rest looks very ping pong and quite arcadeish (maybe its the players)

Most of the keepers dive with one hand, because that way your reach is further. I think only cassilas dives with two hands mostly. But in pes the keepers dive like sandbags. So slow to the ground a lot of the times.

I just cant be arsed with konami's unpofessional behaviour. Wake me up when they release a proper trailer and treat all their fans better. This is probably the worst pes build up for me.
Considering the fact that i was looking forward to pes on nextgen and so far i am not impressed.

Fifa's build up seems more interesting to me afterall.

My problem with the goalkeepers are the animations. The way they behave is quiet realistic but some of the animations are awful and generally just needs to be much more variety

My problem with the goalkeepers are the animations. The way they behave is quiet realistic but some of the animations are awful and generally just needs to be much more variety

This. I don't know why but PES-logic seems to demand goalkeepers dive with two hands far more than is necessary.

Last edited:
He should not reply on the keepers topic at all. I watch a lot of IRL competitions and throughout all, keepers make mistakes.
Replying on it makes us think he defends PES for their keepers.
PES 2015 keepers are not that bad. Not at all.

It seems every player in the videos so far has passing accuracy stat 99, first touch stat 99, shooting power and accuracy stats 99, dribbling and tricks stats 99, stamina stats 99.

Watching the videos reminds me of Football Kingdom - quite good fun but really only captures a thin layer of what real football is about. It's as if all there is to football is pinging a few pixel-perfect passes up the field and then slam a shot into the corner of the net. Where is the tactical depth, where is the physical play, where is the midfield battle, where are the fouls, where are the mistakes, where is the defence?

Looking forward to seeing a video with some lesser teams and some tactics in operation. Hoping it will reveal the other 80% of football elements that Konami seemed to have forgotten to include in their blind pursuit of arcade accessibility.

It seems every player in the videos so far has passing accuracy stat 99, first touch stat 99, shooting power and accuracy stats 99, dribbling and tricks stats 99, stamina stats 99.

Watching the videos reminds me of Football Kingdom - quite good fun but really only captures a thin layer of what real football is about. It's as if all there is to football is pinging a few pixel-perfect passes up the field and then slam a shot into the corner of the net. Where is the tactical depth, where is the physical play, where is the midfield battle, where are the fouls, where are the mistakes, where is the defence?

Looking forward to seeing a video with some lesser teams and some tactics in operation. Hoping it will reveal the other 80% of football elements that Konami seemed to have forgotten to include in their blind pursuit of arcade accessibility.

We live in hope!

I think this year Konami tries to cater to the PES5/6-lovers. Those missing the days of inch-perfect-control of players, emphasized individuality and shooting with feeling.

It's not wrong to do so but I think that some of the tactical layers developed since the PES 5/6-days might get sidetracked.

Back
Top Bottom