PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

Re: PES 2015 Discussion Thread

EA SPORTS FIFA ‏@EASPORTSFIFA 1 min Visualizza traduzione
All 20 Serie A clubs now fully licensed for #FIFA15! More: http://bit.ly/FIFA15-SerieA @SerieA_TIM

This draws me onto thinking about how football games have never really bothered to try to emulate different types of football from around the world. It's kind of odd really. Regardless of quality of the two titles over the years the way the matches play are usually pretty homogeneous. The nearest thing we've got is in Fifa where the weather condition can either be normal or can slow the play down to resembling a wet and windy evening in Stoke but all games in Fifa play out like the Premier League (as envisaged by Sky Sports) whereas PES draws to a more International Football style. I prefer the latter one but, as you might imagine, it's disappointing that when playing as, say, an Italian team the team doesn't really play like an Italian team at all.

You wouldn't think it were that hard to design the game in such a way that there was variety, even if there were some broad brush strokes being used (ie English football = fast, physical and attacking; Spanish football = mucho passing; Italian football = slow and defensive). It'd make European games much more interesting.

Last edited:

This draws me onto thinking about how football games have never really bothered to try to emulate different types of football from around the world. It's kind of odd really. Regardless of quality of the two titles over the years the way the matches play are usually pretty homogeneous. The nearest thing we've got is in Fifa where the weather condition can either be normal or can slow the play down to resembling a wet and windy evening in Stoke but all games in Fifa play out like the Premier League (as envisaged by Sky Sports) whereas PES draws to a more International Football style. I prefer the latter one but, as you might imagine, it's disappointing that when playing as, say, an Italian team the team doesn't really play like an Italian team at all.

You wouldn't think it were that hard to design the game in such a way that there was variety, even if there were some broad brush strokes being used (ie English football = fast, physical and attacking; Spanish football = mucho passing; Italian football = slow and defensive). It'd make European games much more interesting.

Because nowadays it's hardly relevant anymore. Swansea, even Arsenal or City practice Spanish passing style, while La Liga teams according to the statistics were the most long ball oriented last season.

What I would like is to have something as separate strategies for attack and defence. For example:

Attack:

-possession
-fast break
-long balls

Defence:
-high pressure
-medium block
-fall back

You mix these two and get individual strategy for any team. They had a similar system in WC 2002 game I remember.

Because nowadays it's hardly relevant anymore. Swansea, even Arsenal or City practice Spanish passing style, while La Liga teams according to the statistics were the most long ball oriented last season.

I take your point, however what Northzzz said is still relevant. The globalisation of football has somewhat blurred the lines between national styles of play, but in general you can still observe some differences in the way the game is played in different parts of Europe and the world.

If the game doesn't offer advanced AI and a deep tactical system then the differences in team styles is a moot point anyway.

I remember the old days when football was more varied by country, you could feel it on PES (or winning eleven as I played back then). After a fluent game of EPL teams, we moved to Serie A teams and the game was so slow and tight, we were screaming....then went to La Liga and again, the speed chased up and we were flying again...

I really liked that from the old days....the latest PES is able to capture this a little bit, but it may also be down to the styles diluting and everyone is playing the same way...

but in general you can still observe some differences in the way the game is played in different parts of Europe and the world.
Well, it's true. Different leagues have different "giudelines" when it comes to strategies.
But I guess it has to do more with the managers than with the nation/league of a team. 'Parking the bus' (or even 'parking the ocean-liner' like he did when he was in Italy) is a typical Mourinho-ish style of play, and he'd bring that style pretty much wherever he goes. On the other hand, Zeman always tried to add pace, flair and offensive-mindedness to Italian football...
So it's more down to the manager than to the league.
If (and it looks like the case) we'll be able to set some "manager blueprints" we'll be more than halfway through the process of creating different styles of play.

Last edited:

To a large extent you're right. Clubs are a lot better at balancing themselves out through bigger squads and global scouting networks, but you still get certain cultural differences.

It's natural for a particular style of play like Barca's to dominate continental football, first by winning everything, then by teaching other clubs how to play similarly, then finally when other clubs adapt to beat it. There's also been a real dominance of 4-2-3-1 football over the past few years, which has either caused or been caused by the sheer number of all-round technical attacking midfielders that exist nowadays, occupying all 3 of those AM slots, sometimes playing deep in the 2, sometimes up front in the 1. It's hard to have different styles of play when all the players are generally the same.

But, certainly at international level, there are still lots of differences owing to the pervading cultural mindsets and talent pool restrictions you can't phase out by writing cheques. Some of these differences do exist at club level, but when you take out the intelligent foreigners signed by English clubs, you do get to see how thick the English players actually are in isolation. When you take Messi out of Spanish football you see a lack of a distinct goal source.

Football games will inevitably lose some individuality when clubs become more identical. But where you can argue that individuality should be more readily represented than in the past is in the management of those teams. Decision making of the players should be more authentic, sure, but a lot of the broader strategic decisions are made on the training pitch.

I know we arent far from the gamescom event, but since the event in Manchester (wich was disspointing, a promised vídeo that never came out) we have almost zero news from konami.

They should have at least released some pics just to make people remember that the game is alive and under development, but there's Absolutely nothing from them.

Jesus Christ...

Last edited:

I know we arent far from the gamescom event, but since the event in Manchester (wich was disspointing, a promised vídeo that never came out) we have almost zero news from konami.

They should have at least released some pics just to make people remember that the game is alive and under development, but there's Absolutely nothing from them.

Jesus Christ...

honestly? they should really just do what they want because in the new PES build up process they are damned if they do and damned if they don't. Leave them to it, you know the game exists you know more info will come at gamescom so why moan about it.

honestly? they should really just do what they want because in the new PES build up process they are damned if they do and damned if they don't. Leave them to it, you know the game exists you know more info will come at gamescom so why moan about it.

Well, the game will be released around o ocutber or november.

I don't know any game set to be released at the end of This year that has absolutetly nothing concrete about it, not even a single trailer (that "trailer" Konami released doesn't even count).

Even games that will be released next year, like batman, has a video showing more of the game.

I don't Think having an official trailer by now is asking too much for a game thats not far from the release date.

They could have at least showed some pics just to keep people looking forward to see Pes 2015 at Gamescom. It's good to do that marketing wise, catch peoples attention towards the game, it's not asking too much from a relative Big company that's been on This business for more than a decade.

I completely understand that they don't want to show an actual gameplay direct feed footage, but some close up actions in a trailer like we see in Fifa would be good enough, and they should have done This by now.

I would not be surprised if at Gamescom they show the game only for the press in closed rooms, not for the public.

Last edited:

Apparently R2 can not only be used to beat an opponent but it's also found to be very useful when protecting the ball. A french guy who played the game, was astonished by that feature especially with Pirlo who's constantly putting his body between the ball and his opponent when running (R2 jinking run)which makes it almost impossibe to get the ball off him.

Okay, here is the news. Not from Lami but from my important source that wanted to remain secret.
It seems the response-lag in PES 2014 found it's origin in a translation problem.
An English Konami representative went from England to Tokyo to report feedback to one of the earley builds of PES 2014
He said there was a terrible lag from here to Tokyo, so to say.
The Japanese were confused! The guy IS already in Tokyo, what is he talking about!?
They blamed the translator that the guy probably talked about a JETlag from here to Tokyo. Result: They kept the response lag in PES 2014....

After some time the confusion has been solved and the Japanese team fixed the problem for PES 2015, which now has super-smooth gameplay... ;)

Okay, here is the news. Not from Lami but from my important source that wanted to remain secret.
It seems the response-lag in PES 2014 found it's origin in a translation problem.
An English Konami representative went from England to Tokyo to report feedback to one of the earley builds of PES 2014
He said there was a terrible lag from here to Tokyo, so to say.
The Japanese were confused! The guy IS already in Tokyo, what is he talking about!?
They blamed the translator that the guy probably talked about a JETlag from here to Tokyo. Result: They kept the response lag in PES 2014....

After some time the confusion has been solved and the Japanese team fixed the problem for PES 2015, which now has super-smooth gameplay... ;)

4491_79b1.gif

Yeah fuck this time to make news.

I heard there is going to be a "big surprise" regarding EPL license in PES2015. This is from murmurs on twatter a few weeks ago.

with the rumours of EA having the licenses for all English Premier League stadia, not to be outdone, Konami can exclusively reveal that they have tied up the licenses for all Premier league stadium toilets. PES2015 will bring unrivaled realism never before seen in any football game with every changing room toilet painstakingly brought to life with the level of detail only the Fox Engine can achieve

Didn't understand a word of that, of course. Should really do these interviews in English considering it's a worldwide game and that's essentially the most common language on the planet.

Whatever. Just makes marketing sense when trying to promote a worldwide game.

Well, he's been invited by some Italian studio, to be interviewed by Italian guys on an Italian website,to talk to the specific Italian pes community(one of the biggest btw), it's quite normal that's they translated it in Italian don't you think :CONFUSE: ??

Plus, 99% of his other interviews are in English, so you're just being silly here.

Few infos

Bhatti
We are going back to PES 6 gameplay feeling and responsiveness
Bundesliga and Premier League licenses will not be in Pes 2015
The game will be released when it's ready. He says September is a probable release period,but delays are possible if the game is still incomplete.
He says they will not release the game in a beta state.

Klaus Ganer
There will be an online tool that will be used by specific community members to give feedback about players and teams data. Based on that feedback the Team will update database every week.
The database will be updated to summer market at release day.

The database part is true, because I've witnessed it personally.

It's a very good move. Keeps things up to date.

@Lami.
Do you know if the Graphic Sizes and formats have changed since pes 2014? ( higher res Kits for example)

Or is it the same Core as PES 2014?

Would be good to know to have all the kits at the release already done.

Greets

Few infos

Bhatti
We are going back to PES 6 gameplay feeling and responsiveness
Bundesliga and Premier League licenses will not be in Pes 2015
The game will be released when it's ready. He says September is a probable release period,but delays are possible if the game is still incomplete.
He says they will not release the game in a beta state.

Klaus Ganer
There will be an online tool that will be used by specific community members to give feedback about players and teams data. Based on that feedback the Team will update database every week.
The database will be updated to summer market at release day.

Nothing new then. Cheers anyway.

@Barduck. Not really.

Back
Top Bottom