PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

Re: PES 2015 Discussion Thread

You guys are under the illusion that online will ever be fun, but mark my words; it won't.

Why? Because people play it, the biggest unrepairable bug in the world.

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

From a German gamesmag, published yesterday:

http://www.pcgames.de/Pro-Evolution-Soccer-2015-PS4-258212/News/PS4-Version-ausfuehrlich-gespielt-1128913/

Nothing that we don´t know already but all in all quite positive.
The only thing they kind of criticise is the microtransaction stuff.

But they compliment the gameplay a lot.
More fluid, unpredictable like older PES games (PES 5) etc.

Last edited:

Played PES 6 online for 3-4 years and strongly disagree that online gameplay can't be fun. If gameplay is good and controls are responsive, cheap tactics only work against inexperienced players. Also custom leagues/ladders with reliable people is football immersion you won't get from cpu AI opponent anytime soon.

i'm playing pes 2014 with yairpatch 1.5, i can tell u the game is so much fun, despite some flaws, like players hassling you off the ball and referee says nothing, like one chance one goal for the opponent, but i tell u if u defend the whole match with concentration, u will win the games, this game requires much concentration when defending, i won the final of the international cup yesterday vs argentina on top player, basic shooting and through ball(through ball is too sensitive).
i won 3-1 after messi got argentina ahead with a wonder strike from 25 yards in top corner, julio cesar could do nothing abt it.
then 1-1 through fred, cross and fred giving it a little nudge back heel from close range, then 2-1 through hulk, pass down the axe through the middle hulk being hassled off by garay managed to squeeze past him and score in bottom right corner.
then icing on the cake with neymar freekick from 25 yards, curled in the top right corner, romera could do nothing about it.
i had the feeling of the old pes back.

Played PES 6 online for 3-4 years and strongly disagree that online gameplay can't be fun. If gameplay is good and controls are responsive, cheap tactics only work against inexperienced players. Also custom leagues/ladders with reliable people is football immersion you won't get from cpu AI opponent anytime soon.
Completely agree, PES 6 is tonnes of fun to play online (yes, it IS, still is!)!

i'm playing pes 2014 with yairpatch 1.5, i can tell u the game is so much fun, despite some flaws, like players hassling you off the ball and referee says nothing, like one chance one goal for the opponent, but i tell u if u defend the whole match with concentration, u will win the games, this game requires much concentration when defending, i won the final of the international cup yesterday vs argentina on top player, basic shooting and through ball(through ball is too sensitive).
i won 3-1 after messi got argentina ahead with a wonder strike from 25 yards in top corner, julio cesar could do nothing abt it.
then 1-1 through fred, cross and fred giving it a little nudge back heel from close range, then 2-1 through hulk, pass down the axe through the middle hulk being hassled off by garay managed to squeeze past him and score in bottom right corner.
then icing on the cake with neymar freekick from 25 yards, curled in the top right corner, romera could do nothing about it.
i had the feeling of the old pes back.

What exe version does Yair 1.5 work with?

You guys are under the illusion that online will ever be fun, but mark my words; it won't.

Why? Because people play it, the biggest unrepairable bug in the world.

then even on couch mate. anytime. turning on/off the dotted lines ingame is like switching how hard the game should be ingame and its even very unprofessionel and gay. nonsense, whoever came up with this is ...just make an option for this in the menus. also it shouldnt be on top player and on superstar at least

btw why would u like turning it on/off ingame so much? xD

Last edited:

then even on couch mate. anytime. turning on/off the dotted lines ingame is like switching how hard the game should be ingame and its even very unprofessionel and gay. nonsense, whoever came up with this is ...just make an option for this in the menus. also it shouldnt be on top player and on superstar at least

btw why would u like turning it on/off ingame so much? xD

None of what I said had anything to do with dotted lines, so why do you assume I even care about them?

But my assessment is that you need some form of directional clue on the dead ball situations. Those versions without dotted lines were just pathetic imo, even though I scored quite a lot of FK's anyway. The problem is that some angles are really difficult to judge unless you have a visual aid. Partly because the 3d isn't fantastic and the camera angles has been completely useless since PES2009.

Last edited:

People don't understand that most of the people don't binge on PES.
I don't play more than 3/4 matches per week, the free-kick without the dots is for dorks who constantly take free-kicks and get used to how it will go.

Guys I'm thinking about switching to console gaming. What's your opinion on this in regards to PES15? One of the reasons

I got into PC gaming again was to play PES14 patched with faces, kits, etc like the good old PES6 days. But I was dissappointed to see the game has no LOD mixer, poor anti-aliasing, and it was damn hard to add any patches.

So for PES15, do I jump the ship to next-gen consoles? Or will I miss out on many great patches if I abandon the PC?

Guys I'm thinking about switching to console gaming. What's your opinion on this in regards to PES15? One of the reasons

I got into PC gaming again was to play PES14 patched with faces, kits, etc like the good old PES6 days. But I was dissappointed to see the game has no LOD mixer, poor anti-aliasing, and it was damn hard to add any patches.

So for PES15, do I jump the ship to next-gen consoles? Or will I miss out on many great patches if I abandon the PC?

Are you really a PC gamer? You'd know that everything you just mentioned is much worse on any console, regardless of the gen.

Are you really a PC gamer? You'd know that everything you just mentioned is much worse on any console, regardless of the gen.

Well, the point would be to play it 'out of the box' on the console mod-free...I'm making the assumption that graphics will be equal on both platforms.

Is there any reason to believe PES15 on PC will have better graphics than on the console? PES14 had NO graphics options except limited resolution and low, mid, high settings. The point is if PES15 will also not have any options again, might as well switch to console...

Well, the point would be to play it 'out of the box' on the console mod-free...I'm making the assumption that graphics will be equal on both platforms.

Is there any reason to believe PES15 on PC will have better graphics than on the console? PES14 had NO graphics options except limited resolution and low, mid, high settings. The point is if PES15 will also not have any options again, might as well switch to console...

Although it never had LOD mixer, you had much better textures and the game looked well above the console version once patched.

Sure, if all you want to do is play the game in its vanilla state, go ahead.

Konami might not include any graphical settings yet again, but you don't know yet what the modding community will come up with.

I'd say wait for confirmation on whether the PC version will be based on the current or last gen version of the game

I'd say wait for confirmation on whether the PC version will be based on the current or last gen version of the game

That wasn't assumed as a factor, otherwise he wouldn't have any doubt, I guess.

I'd say it would be ludicrous if it isn't he case anyway.

It's not hard to patch at all, it's simpler than ever in fact. There are just fewer and fewer people who release patches because people are abandoning the franchise en masse.

I'm actually wondering where they go to because it's not like there are any viable alternatives...

For graphics options you can pretty much override any game settings through the GFX card settings, not sure that goes for LOD as well though. I personally don't really pay much attention to graphics so I've never fiddled much with it. I notice it, then I decide not to care because it's really not important as long as you can see what it's supposed to be.

Last edited:

It's not hard to patch at all, it's simpler than ever in fact. There are just fewer and fewer people who release patches because people are abandoning the franchise en masse.

I'm actually wondering where they go to because it's not like there are any viable alternatives...

For graphics options you can pretty much override any game settings through the GFX card settings, not sure that goes for LOD as well though. I personally don't really pay much attention to graphics so I've never fiddled much with it. I notice it, then I decide not to care because it's really not important as long as you can see what it's supposed to be.

Interesting...because my attempts failed since I was using Steam version of the game and there seemed to be the huge issue of finding proper no-dvd .exes. Sometimes, it took weeks for one to come out. I guess if I do stick with PC, I will be buying the actual DVD disc version instead of Steam.

Can't believe I'm actually saying this but I had a bit of an urge to play PES2014 again after reading the positive comments on PES2015 and, despite a couple of "WTF was that about" incidents, I'm thoroughly enjoying it. What the hell is that about!?

They got older, had kids, got more work commitments. Younger gamers aren't playing PES in the numbers they once were, so the modding community will shrink as a result.

I still believe we have plenty of talented people in the modding community. We perhaps wont have the range of patches we had before.

Can't believe I'm actually saying this but I had a bit of an urge to play PES2014 again after reading the positive comments on PES2015 and, despite a couple of "WTF was that about" incidents, I'm thoroughly enjoying it. What the hell is that about!?
The recent patches have improved the game somewhat. You'll probably find the game just as annoying as it always was over extended play, but in short bursts PES 2014 is quite playable now.

None of what I said had anything to do with dotted lines, so why do you assume I even care about them?

But my assessment is that you need some form of directional clue on the dead ball situations. Those versions without dotted lines were just pathetic imo, even though I scored quite a lot of FK's anyway. The problem is that some angles are really difficult to judge unless you have a visual aid. Partly because the 3d isn't fantastic and the camera angles has been completely useless since PES2009.

People don't understand that most of the people don't binge on PES.
I don't play more than 3/4 matches per week, the free-kick without the dots is for dorks who constantly take free-kicks and get used to how it will go.

im not against it, not against any help. just make an option for it in the menus. simple as that, just like the form arrows or heart. its about the same stuff

The short answer is "because it's a fairly decent game". The long answer is that (some) people expect more from games now than before because we're 10-15 years older and to be fair the footy game industry has lagged thoroughly behind most of the other genres in terms of quality of game mechanics. Footy games often had the pinnacle of A.I. and the PES series were known for that part, and to make enjoyable games. The frustrating parts were ignored because everything else was so great, but those frustrating parts were always there in all games and all genres back in the days. Nowadays football games have a dated and somewhat less bug-free A.I. than most other games and the annoying parts are more noticable than ever. That's why people who used to love this franchise and this game genre are moaning. But it's a decent game and enjoyable if you didn't carry around old glorified memories about dusty old games. I revisit the older iterations frequently, and to be honest, the things people complain about has always been there, they just notice it more now.

I am perhaps one of those guys who wished for something better but thinking it's not entirely bad either. Maybe it's because I've succumbed to mediocrity or maybe it's because it's a fairly decent game in the end.

While I have the attention I'd also like to remind some people that it is, or at least used to be, perfectly normal human behavior to dislike something, particularly a game, without having to proclaim it loudly several times a day. Those were good times...

Cheers :BOP:

Last edited:

Speaking about graphics I´d definitely go for the PC version.

KONAMI often have that weird ideas like putting a blurry layer on the graphics like in PES2012/2013.
Easily could have been removed by a simple no blur patch.

Or the graphics in PES 2014 kind of seemed very weak and pale.
With sweetfx you could get so much more out of it only by copying a few files into your installation directory.
Played it on the PS3 last time and it looks so much different.

We don´t know what they´re gonna come up with PES 2015 in that section, but surely you´ll be able to patch it out.

Not to mention all the other great patches that you only have on a PC.

Last edited:

Speaking about graphics I´d definitely go for the PC version.

KONAMI often have that weird ideas like putting a blurry layer on the graphics like in PES2012/2013.
Easily could have been removed by a simple no blur patch.

Or the graphics in PES 2014 kind of seemed very weak and pale.
With sweetfx you could get so much more out of it only by copying a few files into your installation directory.
Played it on the PS3 last time and it looks so much different.

We don´t know what they´re gonna come up with PES 2015 in that section, but surely you´ll be able to patch it out.

Not to mention all the other great patches that you only have on a PC.

Not to mention it usually costs half as much. Only downside is if your friends have different versions.

I'll gladly take prioritize support, bigger and livelier community over slightly better graphical fidelity all day long.

The short answer is "because it's a fairly decent game". The long answer is that (some) people expect more from games now than before because we're 10-15 years older and to be fair the footy game industry has lagged thoroughly behind most of the other genres in terms of quality of game mechanics. Footy games often had the pinnacle of A.I. and the PES series were known for that part, and to make enjoyable games. The frustrating parts were ignored because everything else was so great, but those frustrating parts were always there in all games and all genres back in the days. Nowadays football games have a dated and somewhat less bug-free A.I. than most other games and the annoying parts are more noticable than ever. That's why people who used to love this franchise and this game genre are moaning.
But it's a decent game and enjoyable if you didn't carry around old glorified memories about dusty old games. I revisit the older iterations frequently, and to be honest, the things people complain about has always been there, they just notice it more now.

I am perhaps one of those guys who wished for something better but thinking it's not entirely bad either. Maybe it's because I've succumbed to mediocrity or maybe it's because it's a fairly decent game in the end.

While I have the attention I'd also like to remind some people that it is, or at least used to be, perfectly normal human behavior to dislike something, particularly a game, without having to proclaim it loudly several times a day. Those were good times...

Cheers :BOP:

Totally agree with you there I've been playing all the games from the "golden era" and there are a lot of the same problems as today. . . mind you I still think Pes 2014 is a decent game after the patches . .. well maybe not the last patch.

I wonder when we will see the 'more exciting' trailer?

:SMUG:

Actually, I'm kind of happy we aren't seeing anything at the moment. It (hopefully) means they're still working on the game enough to not say "this is as far as we're going to get, let's just cut a trailer".

Back
Top Bottom