PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

Re: PES 2015 Discussion Thread

We've got each other.

When is Gamescom?
I wonder if PES 2015 is playable for the public on Gamescom. If they follow the logic that we only allowed to play a demo that is equally good as the finished game, then they might not allow people on Gamescom to play an unfinished build...

I'd say wait for confirmation on whether the PC version will be based on the current or last gen version of the game

I,m sure that PES 2015 will be the same for current and last gen. The difference will be just on graphics as resolution , some polygons, textures and frame rate .

I,m sure that PES 2015 will be the same for current and last gen. The difference will be just on graphics as resolution , some polygons, textures and frame rate .

Of course. Both systems will use the same engine. I don't see nothing wrong with that. The same you will see with Destiny and many other games.

Last edited:

Sod's law! Just starting enjoying PES again and my Xbox goes and packs in, grrrrrrr

Completely agree with Jamez...i was thinking about postingexactly the same thing, but not as a reply to you Zeemeister...it's about the guys who keep on posting how bad PES whatever edition is...was reading in the FIFAthread and it's the same thing there, about players' shoulders for god's sake...the thing is if you say that players' shoulders are trivial then they act as if you are the biggest moron in the world...that is the problem of this thread, illustrated with an example from another thread...

Just a flippant comment that things tend to go downhill when we've got no news to reflect on and have to chat among ourselves.

Completely agree with Jamez...i was thinking about postingexactly the same thing, but not as a reply to you Zeemeister...it's about the guys who keep on posting how bad PES whatever edition is...was reading in the FIFAthread and it's the same thing there, about players' shoulders for god's sake...the thing is if you say that players' shoulders are trivial then they act as if you are the biggest moron in the world...that is the problem of this thread, illustrated with an example from another thread...

I actually agree with the guys who nitpick at all these little annoyances. If all the small things like body shapes, un-tucked shirts, ankle tape, nets, turf, shirt fonts etc were spot on, it would make the final product (of both games) look much more proffesional and deserving of our cash. I mean look at the pc community. The first thing they do is sort these "minor" details and everyone is over the moon. Mmmmmmmmm nets

I actually agree with the guys who nitpick at all these little annoyances. If all the small things like body shapes, un-tucked shirts, ankle tape, nets, turf, shirt fonts etc were spot on, it would make the final product (of both games) look much more proffesional and deserving of our cash. I mean look at the pc community. The first thing they do is sort these "minor" details and everyone is over the moon. Mmmmmmmmm nets

I have never understood it myself. First thing people ask for each year to improve the game or look for it a new game is things like untucked shorts and sock tape as if there is nothing else that would have a bigger impact on the game

Honestly, to a certain extent I think we shouldn't see a playable version as early as we often do. Early access has become a huge sales model in the last few years and it definitely has it's place. However, I remember where a game went one of only 2 directions and also the process was complete in a set order.

1. Shareware. This has died out really, but it used to be you would have a multi-part game, where you would have a complete playable first part, but to complete the game, you would have to buy the full product.

2. Demo. This would be a limited feature cut down version of the game, which demonstrated the core mechanics.

Both these models involved building the complete game first, then when it's gone gold, you'd take the month or so for the production of product and distribution in order to release a demo/shareware version. The demo could come out at any time, the Shareware would almost never come out before the game, sometimes at release, but mostly once on the market in order to give a bump to sales after the early rush has died down.

Both these models had one thing in common. We wouldn't play the game until it's in it's finished form.

Because of early access, pre-order sales being used to commit future resource earlier, along with the fact that games cost more. We've become a market where people expect to know everything about a game before it's released.

However, even now that's changed since patching became common, obviously some older games never had bugs fixed. But most games released now seem to have a less complete QA process because it's too easy to patch them later on (once you've got some income coming in again).

Obviously part of this comes from the fact a lot of people can't necessarily afford to by all the games they want at release and if you have 'competing' products, you want to secure your custom first.

But honestly, I'm patient enough that I'd rather the game was finished, then they concentrate on a demo, then I play it and know this is what I'll be getting.

Early access is a model I actually quite like. But the problem with it is that you risk people taking too many judgement calls on the end product based on what they experience. So often it's not viable to risk brand reputation. However, this is exactly what happens when you release 'early code' demo's anyway. As soon as someone says (for example) the goalkeepers are still rubbish. It's then jumped on by many as a fact that keepers will be rubbish again this year (or that thousands of new animations are being implemented this year which fix all our problems).

Long story short, I miss the way the world used to be, mainly because I'm old!

I have never understood it myself. First thing people ask for each year to improve the game or look for it a new game is things like untucked shorts and sock tape as if there is nothing else that would have a bigger impact on the game

I personally can't grasp why we can't have both. Should the improvement of turf textures be to the detriment of better A.I or should better net physics hamper the improvement of player stamina? Not for me. It's not as if it's different things we nitpick about every year, it's the same things year after year that need to be patched. I don't think we're asking much to have these little things implemented properly

I personally can't grasp why we can't have both. Should the improvement of turf textures be to the detriment of better A.I or should better net physics hamper the improvement of player stamina? Not for me. It's not as if it's different things we nitpick about every year, it's the same things year after year that need to be patched. I don't think we're asking much to have these little things implemented properly

Good question and I agree with that post.

Waiting%20skeleton.jpg

Originally Posted by gerd View Post

Agreed. Goes for both games.

Yeah it does affect the quality of the product.

Argue what you want about camera angles and how much you actually see.

All the little details add to the immersion. We play these games to chill out and immerse ourselves in what we can't do - so the better the devs do at it - the better the product.

Also I have said previously that both EA and Konami are shocking when you compare this to other genres or sportsgames for that matter

@minor annoyances discussion:

I never understood why they (konami) doesn't have every shirt untucked by default and it would take like three minutes to tuck the shirts of those three-four players who actually keep it in the shorts nowadays...

Back
Top Bottom