PES 2015 Discussion thread. PC

PES 2014 sales:

1.47 million in sales on all consoles
100,000 in sales PC

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?nam...r=901&platform=&genre=&minSales=0&results=200

With those sales numbers, it's not worth their while to waste their time making a custom demo for the PC. I can totally see why they would skip the PC demo and focus instead on their main consumer base - console gamers. It's just smart business. Again, I'm just happy they're still making any game at all for the PC. I'll happily wait for the demo, if and when it comes out.

That 1-2% pie chart released from Konami shows nothing and has been debunked several times. Secondly, vgchartz tracks only physical sales. And on PC 92% of sales are digital, which are not tracked by anyone. Get your head out of your a**, consoles are nothing overall in the world of gaming compared to revenues brought in by pc.

Put the game out on digital service like Steam on Day 1.. Let's get with the times Konami.

Analyst: 92 Percent of PC Game Sales Are Digital
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/18/analyst-92-percent-of-pc-game-sales-are-digital

PC Dominates Gaming Hardware Sales
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/14/pc-dominates-gaming-hardware-sales

Last edited:
But then how will they cry about piracy?

Will they pretend that people pirate and play online?

If 30% of PC PES players were buying original game instead of downloading it, i really think that we would not have this discussion today.
We are mad at Konami (actually at Adam mostly) but FIFA had lots of failures with previous PC versions, but they still managed to sell their products.
So, you cant expect from Konami to port full PS4 game when they have no profit from that.
Maybe they will have more profit after implementing micro transactions, but lets wait and see.

Just for note, i don't defend Konami, i am also mad at that :PIG: Adam, but just look at EA sale rates from all those games and studios they own comparing to Konami, its obvious that they will have more cash for licensees and stuff that sells FIFA, plus cool UT mode in it that also earns cash.
Their gameplay still sucks, but lots of people likes their additional stuff like chants, graphics, etc.

So it's simple, they need more money from PC and thats all.

Last edited:
well its their decision, we cant do anything, if they think hacking the demo cause trouble for them, then let it be...
but i dont get all the fuss, there will be a demo. u download it. play it. then buy the game on november 14th

Same here, I don´t get it either.

Caution because of a hacked demo is a comprehensible reason for me.

There WILL be a demo around launch.
Is it so important playing the game right on release day?

If, then take a risk and buy the full release :).

Plus, we PC Gamers get so many benefits about this game i.e. pricing, tons of mods, patches and tools and now we don´t get the demo the same time console gamers get it.

Name it "poetic justice".

If 30% of PC PES players were buying original game instead of downloading it, i really think that we would not have this discussion today.
We are mad at Konami (actually at Adam mostly) but FIFA had lots of failures with previous PC versions, but they still managed to sell their products.
So, you cant expect from Konami to port full PS4 game when they have no profit from that.
Maybe they will have more profit after implementing micro transactions, but lets wait and see.

Just for note, i don't defend Konami, i am also mad at that :PIG: Adam, but just look at EA sale rates from all those games and studios they own comparing to Konami, its obvious that they will have more cash for licensees and stuff that sells FIFA, plus cool UT mode in it that also earns cash.

Last gen it took ea 5 years to port proper fifa to pc
This gen it took 10 months
It is strange how ea thinks can make money on pc
While konami doesnt
All while pes bring slaughtered on consoles .
If the pc modding community abandons pes I don't think it will be positive for pes.

You realize people don't accept the actual reason and still complain, right? Look at Anderson's post right after mine for example. People complain that Konami is screwing the PC community, when it was the PC modding community that was response for this.

I dont disagree to your overall point, but making quick flippant unrelated remarks to a moderator on this site isnt exactly the way to go about making a complaint, mods here aren't konami they arent a casual punchbag for them, your post was childish at best and completely mis-directed in the context of what the moderator posted and why.

Theres generally complaining as we all have done and expressing our concerns and frustrations, then theres sniping someone based on (a fact BTW) they post, its not as if the moderator posted it in complete agreement of it and that everyone should like it, that was never stated. The moderator if you read his post was answering someone else's direct question about demo delay and nothing more, then you chime in with that snipe about the forum, pathetic.

I would say grow up mate, which is ironic based on your posts about children here.

... anyway ....

https://www.youtube.com/embed/YdmrMNlO_VA

This video gameplay is pretty good, I guess it may have been already posted here but I see one of them at least playing the game right, and it includes the reaction to the Germany volley goal which is hilarious (and must be a top goal so far for the game).

And yes ... I know its not PC :RANT:

BTW I did find it funny the other guy blaming italy and yet so many times I could see a perfect through ball opportunity that he would never take ... and then all of a sudden he reminded of how I play sometimes.

Last edited:
What a silly argument. Those examples of hockey and American football being removed by EA from the PC market is based on poor sale figures because the market for these game is almost exclusively in North America where the PC market is very weak. You cannot say the same about football, since his a global sport, and the target is Europe and South America primarily, where the PC market is strong and it's growing.
So you counter my silly argument with invented facts? Okay then!

FIFA 12 PC: 460,000 units or 3.59% of total sales
FIFA 13 PC: 380,000 units or 2.49% of total sales
FIFA 14 PC: 310,000 units or 2.09% of total sales

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=fifa+12 (=fifa+13;=fifa+14)

The PC modding community is not the savior of the these companies. Quite the opposite. The PC community is responsible for massive losses in sales given all the pirating that goes on. That, plus the fact PC sports game sales continue to trend downward as they have been for a decade now, is why EA has pulled the plug on all of its PC sports franchises save one. People complaining about how much the PC community does, and how poorly the PC community is being treated, are a bit like children who, after having been caught with their hand in the cookie jar, wail and complain that Mommy and Daddy must not love them because they won't leave snacks out on the countertop anymore.

As I have repeated said, we're lucky either of these companies still produce a PC football game. I personally doubt either game will be available on the PC within 5 years, for two reasons. The console is now the game development platform of choice because companies have been able to turn it into an 24/7 online shopping experience and cash cow. But a part of it also has to do with pirating. Heck, you can see it in this thread. People are talking about pirating PES 2015 if Konami doesn't release a demo. In other words, if Mommy and Daddy won't leave the cookies out, then I'm going to grab a hammer and break the lock on the food cupboard!

It's that sort of entitlement behavior that is, no, not growing, KILLING sports gaming on the PC. Konami is not releasing a PC demo any time soon due to the irresponsible, and quite probably illegal, activities of the PC modding community. Konami took the cookies away and rightly so. I will wait for the demo, just as all responsible gamers will. And irresponsible entitled gamers will pirate the game. And apparently none of this is of any consequence to Konami's bottom line, which tells you exactly how irrelevant PC gaming is becoming.

I dont disagree to your overall point, but making quick flippant unrelated remarks to a moderator on this site isnt exactly the way to go about making a complaint
My comment to superleeds went way over your head apparently. I was agreeing with him; I was backing him up. As for the rest of what you wrote: I don't know where that's coming from bro and I have no interest in finding out. I'm addressing people in a friendly, adult way. That's all I know and care about. I don't care if you agree with my opinions or not. Just keep the personal stuff to yourself please yeesh.

I wanna see direct FK shoots...
There was that FK in first leaked video where RVP was aiming on left side of the goal and ball went in the top right, but thats all.

As I started building a new PC last weekend, I realized: The amount of companies that make an effort to treat the PC gaming community properly (fairly, and taking advantage of its advantages), that you'll never hear whining about hacking and piracy and will just patch their game whenever exploits are found, is far too big for me to care about those that do the opposite, or any of their arguments.

PES might never see my money again, they don't deserve it and they don't want it, fully expect them to ditch the PC version asap.

The success of Steam as a content delivery platform makes the piracy argument increasingly tired and irrelevant. There's absolutely no reason why any game cannot be a commercial success on the PC platform these days.

So you counter my silly argument with invented facts? Okay then!

FIFA 12 PC: 460,000 units or 3.59% of total sales
FIFA 13 PC: 380,000 units or 2.49% of total sales
FIFA 14 PC: 310,000 units or 2.09% of total sales

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=fifa+12 (=fifa+13;=fifa+14)

The PC modding community is not the savior of the these companies. Quite the opposite. The PC community is responsible for massive losses in sales given all the pirating that goes on. That, plus the fact PC sports game sales continue to trend downward as they have been for a decade now, is why EA has pulled the plug on all of its PC sports franchises save one. People complaining about how much the PC community does, and how poorly the PC community is being treated, are a bit like children who, after having been caught with their hand in the cookie jar, wail and complain that Mommy and Daddy must not love them because they won't leave snacks out on the countertop anymore.

As I have repeated said, we're lucky either of these companies still produce a PC football game. I personally doubt either game will be available on the PC within 5 years, for two reasons. The console is now the game development platform of choice because companies have been able to turn it into an 24/7 online shopping experience and cash cow. But a part of it also has to do with pirating. Heck, you can see it in this thread. People are talking about pirating PES 2015 if Konami doesn't release a demo. In other words, if Mommy and Daddy won't leave the cookies out, then I'm going to grab a hammer and break the lock on the food cupboard!

It's that sort of entitlement behavior that is, no, not growing, KILLING sports gaming on the PC. Konami is not releasing a PC demo any time soon due to the irresponsible, and quite probably illegal, activities of the PC modding community. Konami took the cookies away and rightly so. I will wait for the demo, just as all responsible gamers will. And irresponsible entitled gamers will pirate the game. And apparently none of this is of any consequence to Konami's bottom line, which tells you exactly how irrelevant PC gaming is becoming.

It's not really relevant to quote sales of Fifa when we're talking about PES sales. Fifa has recently left a bad taste in my mouth due to the instances of the inferior engine game. It's also still not really that relevant considering the source is not actual unit sales if you look at the methodology section.

Data-Collection Methodology

All sales estimates on VGChartz are arrived at via a number of proprietrary and ever-developing methods:

Passively polling end users to find out what games they are currently purchasing and playing
Polling retail partners to find out what games and hardware they are selling
Using statistical trend fitting and historical data for similar games
Studying resell prices to determine consumer demand and inventory levels
Consulting with publishers and manufacturers to find out how many units they are introducing into the channel

All data is regularly checked against manufacturer shipments and data released publicly from other tracking firms to ensure accuracy. VGChartz holds no responsibility for the use of our data – any business decisions made are made at your own risk.

It still doesn't clearly define if it takes online sales into account and also some statistics companies don't classify Steam as a retailer as it has no 'shop-floor' model.

Without a clear figure of actual online AND offline sales for PES on each platform, none of these stats are a valid reference for this argument.

As I started building a new PC last weekend, I realized: The amount of companies that make an effort to treat the PC gaming community properly (fairly, and taking advantage of its advantages), that you'll never hear whining about hacking and piracy and will just patch their game whenever exploits are found, is far too big for me to care about those that do the opposite, or any of their arguments.

PES might never see my money again, they don't deserve it and they don't want it, fully expect them to ditch the PC version asap.

Ea makes proper fifa ultra fast unlike last gen
Roumors of tekken 7 pc
Mgs goes pc
Nba 2k15 goes pc

Just because konami thought it could spit on pc gamers faces doesnt mean that pc is dead.
Wait and see konamis panic breathing as one after the other its oxygen giving patching sites jump ship

Same here, I don´t get it either.

Caution because of a hacked demo is a comprehensible reason for me.

There WILL be a demo around launch.
Is it so important playing the game right on release day?

If, then take a risk and buy the full release :).

Plus, we PC Gamers get so many benefits about this game i.e. pricing, tons of mods, patches and tools and now we don´t get the demo the same time console gamers get it.

Name it "poetic justice".

the fuss is about Konami offering pre-order bonuses. can't preorder PC version without playing it first.no demo , no play. can't take :PIG:dam Bhatti's word that pc version will be the same gameplay wise & i'm 99.99% that it won't be and the fact they don't give us a demo is reason enough to be sure of that.
This only is enough to sabotage some extra PC sales...

So I might be a little slow around the whole 'should Konami release a PC version at all' track, but surely it's really simple?

If:

Est. Profit from PC version > Cost of porting to PC + supporting it

Then you make it.

Doesn't matter about piracy, or modding, or any of that crap. If it costs Konami, say, £1m to port the console version to PC (any developers comment on ease of that?), and they make £10 profit on each unit, then they need to sell 100,001 copies to make the decision profitable. If you sell that many, you don't care if you've sold 100,001 and a million copies have been pirated - you're still in the black.

It really should be that simple a decision for the company.

If they are receiving money/incentive from Sony and MS to not do it, that just gets factored into the above equation as a cost of the PC version.

But the game is made on PC and ported to consoles which share almost identical architecture. So the cost of porting the game back to its original platform would be minimal.

So I might be a little slow around the whole 'should Konami release a PC version at all' track, but surely it's really simple?

If:

Est. Profit from PC version > Cost of porting to PC + supporting it

Then you make it.

Doesn't matter about piracy, or modding, or any of that crap. If it costs Konami, say, £1m to port the console version to PC (any developers comment on ease of that?), and they make £10 profit on each unit, then they need to sell 100,001 copies to make the decision profitable. If you sell that many, you don't care if you've sold 100,001 and a million copies have been pirated - you're still in the black.

It really should be that simple a decision for the company.

If they are receiving money/incentive from Sony and MS to not do it, that just gets factored into the above equation as a cost of the PC version.
It's not that easy, you have to keep in mind that developers only have a limited time budget. It might be even more profitable to let the developers improve the consoles versions instead of porting the game to PC.

Last edited:
It's not that easy, you have to keep in mind that developers only have a limited time budget. It might be more even more profitable to let the developers improve the consoles versions instead of porting the game to PC.

That should be factored into the cost of developing the PC version (opportunity cost).

It's how all product-driven companies should work, really.

What would be shocking is if it really is first developed on PC architecture, then ported to the consoles. That would imply very little needed to be done to the engine, at the very least.

It's not that easy, you have to keep in mind that developers only have a limited time budget. It might be more even more profitable to let the developers improve the consoles versions instead of porting the game to PC.

And we all know (and lets not kid ourselves) that FIFA will dominate consoles it is a given.

Lets see how things turn out
KONAMI has 2.5 months to turn around and release proper PES on PC.
Wait and see.

Just pre-ordered PES 2015(PC) on amazon uk = £19.85 (or less)
It doesn't, IMO, matter what the game will be like for that price!

There is no porting to be done.. It's made on PC.

PS. Pre-ordered on Shopto.net for £19.85

My comment to superleeds went way over your head apparently. I was agreeing with him; I was backing him up. As for the rest of what you wrote: I don't know where that's coming from bro and I have no interest in finding out. I'm addressing people in a friendly, adult way. That's all I know and care about. I don't care if you agree with my opinions or not. Just keep the personal stuff to yourself please yeesh.

Well it didn't work very well because even Lami questioned what you posted (?), so in future mate make it a bit clearer (smileys) in no way did that read as funny banter or tongue in cheek sarcasm. Stating a moderator is in charge of the orphanage suggest a large amount of posters are children ... expand on it a bit, brain dumps to forum can read the opposite to others not in your brain :BOP:

There is no porting to be done.. It's made on PC.

True to a point but if they are using a dev kit to basicly dump into a console as the main focus, it shows with the fact that they dont keep a dual setup so they can code direct for PC platform and use much more scalable options for PC, I wish they bloody would! Then they have no excuses about pandering to some myth of performance on PC like a console is a super computer just as EA and 2ksports did last year ... oh dear, I ranted about ths already :YAWN: :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom