PES 2015 Discussion thread. PC

I would give Adam a break. Unfortunately, and it's quite evident, he has no experience in PR. It's not easy stuff. Konami should put someone in there who has education, training, and experience in this kind of thing. Again, PR is not easy stuff.

are the reasons for the delayed pc demo stated anywhere?

It follows on from previous early demo release where Modders
revealed all teams ahead of release.A licencing and marketing disaster and embarrassment for Konami.
Of course they only had themselves to blame leaving that content in the demo and inquisitive minds unlocking the files.
Its no surprise that the demo for PC is now being kept close to their chest.
Disappointing for PC users as it is.We just need to be patient now.

Last edited:
so what if we unlock all the teams in it? there wouldnt be no faces, nor licences, no game modes, no online. it would be still a half ass game and i couldnt even care the less about the unlocked teams in the past....whatever

Just exclude the teams and players data from the demo code, thats it! Stupid argument from Konami.

Thats what I've also said to Adam. His answer:

Adam: "we do, some very good hackers!"

Me: "But how could they unlocked something which isn't even there?"

Adam: "complicated, and not something I want to speak about publicly."

It follows on from previous early demo release where Modders
revealed all teams ahead of release.A licencing and marketing disaster and embarrassment for Konami.
Of course they only had themselves to blame leaving that content in the demo and inquisitive minds unlocking the files.
Its no surprise that the demo for PC is now being kept close to their chest.
Disappointing for PC users as it is.We just need to be patient now.
So reasonable, no wonder you're in charge of the orphanage.

Just exclude the teams and players data from the demo code, thats it! Stupid argument from Konami.
You don't have children do you? When your kids are getting into the Christmas gifts before Dec 25th, you don't run around accommodating the brats. They just don't get to see their gifts under the tree 'til after they wake up Christmas morning.

Sure thing, excuse a multimillion-dollar company's incompetence with the curiosity of your own community, the same one that gave PES a fighting chance against EA's licensing monopoly in the first place..

Un-fucking-believable.

Sure thing, excuse a multimillion-dollar company's incompetence with the curiosity of your own community, the same one that gave PES a fighting chance against EA's licensing monopoly in the first place..

Un-fucking-believable.
Konami and PES doesn't rely on this or any other gaming community to survive. The game survives because it's a simulation alternative to the arcade counterpart EA puts out each year. The reason FIFA outsells PES is because most gamers are young arcade online players who want licensed clubs. Konami will always struggle to match EA in sales because of that, and also because Konami continues to design the game for a much smaller and much more particular group of gamers. People here should be appreciating that fact instead of attacking them.

LOL ... do you realise he just simply answered the question with the actual reason, right? :BRMM:
You realize people don't accept the actual reason and still complain, right? Look at Anderson's post right after mine for example. People complain that Konami is screwing the PC community, when it was the PC modding community that was response for this.

You realize people don't accept the actual reason and still complain, right? Look at Anderson's post right after mine for example. People complain that Konami is screwing the PC community, when it was the PC modding community that was response for this.

+1

If PC version is such burden, why even bother releasing it ?

Treating portion of your game fans as some sort of criminals is not going to help to get more sales. Instead they just screw honest customers this way. Its not like they will teach somebody a lesson, everyone will just go buy other product instead.

Konami and PES doesn't rely on this or any other gaming community to survive.

Konami continues to design the game for a much smaller and much more particular group of gamers.

If your target audience is already rather small, you should make sure to carter to their needs and treat them with respect - basically the opposite of what Konami has been doing for the last few years. Because you rely on keeping them happy much more than a big company who aims at the hordes of casual gamers and has dozens of other franchises to fall back on if one goes belly up.

Here we go again. The last two posts prove my point. People can't accept that Konomi is making a business decision as any smart company would. PC sales comprise 1-2% of total sales, we should be thankful they're still willing to put out a PC version after the demo fiasco from two years ago.

Any "smart company" would NOT have had that information in the demo that could've been accessed in the first place, ffs!

I still think this 1-2% of sales on PC is a load of bullshit, do we really believe sales on PC are only 1-2% out of total across all platforms? utter bollocks, maybe they mean Steam sales, when the game is priced higher than buying it for £20 from an online store like shopto?

Any "smart company" would NOT have had that information in the demo that could've been accessed in the first place, ffs!

I still think this 1-2% of sales on PC is a load of bullshit, do we really believe sales on PC are only 1-2% out of total across all platforms? utter bollocks, maybe they mean Steam sales, when the game is priced higher than buying it for £20 from an online store like shopto?
PES 2014 sales:

1.47 million in sales on all consoles
100,000 in sales PC

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?nam...r=901&platform=&genre=&minSales=0&results=200

With those sales numbers, it's not worth their while to waste their time making a custom demo for the PC. I can totally see why they would skip the PC demo and focus instead on their main consumer base - console gamers. It's just smart business. Again, I'm just happy they're still making any game at all for the PC. I'll happily wait for the demo, if and when it comes out.

People can't accept that Konomi is making a business decision as any smart company would.

So the huge majority of the industry is dumb for releasing proper demos and not crippling their PC releases?

The franchise's declining sales tell you a lot about the quality of Konami's business decisions in recent years.

well its their decision, we cant do anything, if they think hacking the demo cause trouble for them, then let it be...
but i dont get all the fuss, there will be a demo. u download it. play it. then buy the game on november 14th

So the huge majority of the industry is dumb for releasing proper demos and not crippling their PC releases?
It's a money-saving decision because they're not wasting money and resources custom designing a demo for the few thousand PC gamers that will even care about a demo. Pretty easy to understand from that perspective. As for PC sports gaming in general, it's essentially a losing proposition at best anyway. Why do you think EA has eliminated PC versions of their football, hockey and golf franchises? Not much money in it so not much to cripple. Companies are all focused on consoles now and DLC etc.

It's a money-saving decision because they're not wasting money and resources custom designing a demo for the few thousand PC gamers that will even care about a demo. Pretty easy to understand from that perspective. As for PC sports gaming in general, it's essentially a losing proposition at best anyway. Why do you think EA has eliminated PC versions of their football, hockey and golf franchises? Not much money in it so not much to cripple. Companies are all focused on consoles now and DLC etc.

KONAMI made its decision based on the assumption that EA will spit on PC gamers till 2019...

EA Sports releases X1/PS4 FIFA 15 on PC after 10 months from the next gen engine launch.

PC demo of FIFA15 comin on 10th of september.

KONAMI is in panic because it knows that it isnt selling on consoles squat and isnt selling on PC squat this year.

FIFA is next gen on PC....pes isnt.

What a silly argument. They don't have to make a demo for PC, just have to port the consoles' demos, minus the differences in lighting, details, etc. (if the gameplay claims are true). Is the same way they do it final game. Plus they will release a demo, so it's not a matter of resources.

Plus if there's a platform that needs a demo is PC. People need to know how the game will run, or if it runs at all on their PC.

Those examples of hockey and American football being removed by EA from the PC market is based on poor sale figures because the market for these game is almost exclusively in North America where the PC market is very weak. You cannot say the same about football, since his a global sport, and the target is Europe and South America primarily, where the PC market is strong and it's growing. You don't see that with basketball for example, because it's a global sport.

And let's not forget that porting a game for PC is extremely cheap and a struggling franchise can't afford to alienate fans. A buck is a buck.

And last but not least, you may be aware that the work that patchers, kit-makers, etc. do for PES in PC eventually ends up in consoles, and because of the lack of licenses, that work is precious. No PC, less modders.

Back
Top Bottom