PES 2015 Discussion thread. PC

One of that better recordings imo

Online game prorevoblog vs winningelevenblog

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg_-U0aeifU

still not fully convinced yet.

1. i see electronic animated adboards (we had info PC version will not have it);

2. no linesman, no managers, no people (stadium staff) around pitch (EDIT: ok, people reported same thing was with pes 2014 online, which i didn't play on the internet);

3. no carpet cams;

4. no tunnel scene intro.

Last edited:
dude, cmon...i thought you'll post some glaring issues about gameplay

1. who cares?

2. who cares?

3. what?

4. what? skipping it anyways

im still curious if they got the gameplay right really for the retail version and yet everyones talking about carpet cams, cutscenes and resolution. im the weirdo i know :D

Last edited:
There were no linesmen and managers in online matches on PES 2014 either.
Only in offline matches.

I guess it´s like that in PES 2015 too.

Cannot understand why that they have to do this. it's PC not an outdated (and struggle to keep up with) PS3.

I get that they decide to not go next gen on PC to reach people with lower end PC's and thus increase sales, but doing stuff like that is just silly. Last year the game was so poorly optimized, let's see if this year we don't get the same treatment.

Maybe Konami gathered some basic hardware data from 2014 online users? CPU, RAM, GPU, etc. Would be interesting to see what's the average configuration of a paying PC customer.

still very bad.

amd where tha f**k is intro scene with players entering the pitch from tunnel?????

Average 2014 PC's are apparently way less powerful then PS4's and they can't handle entrance CUTSCENES anymore...:LMAO:

By the way, is there any comments from bhatti or officialpes or whatever in the last few days since the release of those videos? Any comments of theirs on stadium editor, PC version, etc?

I dont agree that it looks any less than Pes14 though

It looks exactly like PES 2014 - which - except for some of the cutscenes (i.e. the few with decent LOD settings) - looked like something released about 7 or 8 years ago.

but these videos arent true 720 or 1080p, demo is the only true telling.

Well, the latest one showing the online mode definitely IS true 1080p. The menus themselves look crisp (fonts etc.), but the player models in the pre-match menu look extremly blurry (LOD once I again, I assume) compared to the PS4 version.

The only thing that could somewhat save this mess is a proper LOD mixer, like back in the good ol' days.

Cannot understand why that they have to do this. it's PC not an outdated (and struggle to keep up with) PS3.

I get that they decide to not go next gen on PC to reach people with lower end PC's and thus increase sales, but doing stuff like that is just silly. Last year the game was so poorly optimized, let's see if this year we don't get the same treatment.

If Konami is to believed and the differences are indeed merely cosmetical, this decision makes even less sense.

So let's assume all (relevant) versions of the game use the exact same engine, only with different visual settings - what hindered them from simply including proper graphics options like the ones every other PC game offers? Those poor souls still stuck with PS3 level systems would have been happy, the casual gamer with his PS4 level system would have been happy, and even those with high-end systems would have been happy. :BRICK:

If Konami is to believed and the differences are indeed merely cosmetical, this decision makes even less sense.

So let's assume all (relevant) versions of the game use the exact same engine, only with different visual settings - what hindered them from simply including proper graphics options like the ones every other PC game offers? Those poor souls still stuck with PS3 level systems would have been happy, the casual gamer with his PS4 level system would have been happy, and even those with high-end systems would have been happy. :BRICK:
Contract with Sony => PS4 has to be the most technically advanced version

the prorevo video is not that bad. but i don't see 3d grass (in pes2014 you can see it), the pitch is damn flat....the lod is awaful...the texture quality is ps2 quality... and no, im not exaggerating.

Gameplay looks good though. Guess it's the only thing that matters....?! (i feel sorry for my gtx970)

At least you guys always have amazing editors who make all that redundant and make it look ton better than what consoles offer.

Andy what happens is that as you said PC platform is way more powerful than a PS4, but games are really optimized for the PS4 console and do deliver 1080p natively, so at the end of the day they are basically the same if you play at 1080p.

Now if you would like to play at 4K resolutions, yes PC is way better. But the industry is not supporting that resolution that very much, since consoles do not run that resolution for gaming.

1080p will stick as the industry standard resolution for at least 5 more years.

watching ger vs esp online gameplay, when first goal for Germany,Spanish footballer reaches Muller quickly, was it catch-up bug like in pes2014?, min 10:12

Andy what happens is that as you said PC platform is way more powerful than a PS4, but games are really optimized for the PS4 console and do deliver 1080p natively, so at the end of the day they are basically the same if you play at 1080p.

Now if you would like to play at 4K resolutions, yes PC is way better. But the industry is not supporting that resolution that very much, since consoles do not run that resolution for gaming.

1080p will stick as the industry standard resolution for at least 5 more years.

LOD settings, lighting - that's what sets the "next-gen" versions and the PC version (a.k.a. PS3 port) apart. This has nothing to do with the resolution.

Apart from the flat grass, PC looks good so far for me.
Even with the flat grass it still looks good and better than ps3. I mean the grass is only noticeable on the zoom cameras which I don't use.
Obviously the best video is the spain vs germany online match.

We need to support Konami this year so that they can invest more in PC.
I know it's hard for many of you, but really the other options won't help in the future.

I don't own a gaming console so I really need them to make a PC version :p

I have been digesting and looking at all the pc footage and info and i must say i am not really impressed. I am getting tired of unkept promises and deceit.
Adam told us all about the return of stadium editor and it was nothing more than a pitch editor which is really sad. 19 Stadiums is disgusrting especially after last year. Really sad when i see the flat grass in the pc menu. The game is a ps3 port not any hybrid crap, just take a look at the crowd and you will see.

Pes has disappointed me yet again, i spammed adam bhatti about the presentation, commentary, masterleague and become a legend. Nothing has changed, smiley transfer system lol? ten day time skipping is all too mediocre. I cant imagine they had the gut to do this after last year. Im getting to old for this, 1year to make 19 stadiums really? i wonder how they expect me to enjoy master-league.

Saw some traces of catchup-bug and the animations are really clunky and the passing is too gridlike. I cant believe this was what they skipped a year for.

I am really enjoying nba2k15 on my pc and leaving that to check on pes is like going back in time. I had highhopes and i have hit rock bottom.

I do not think this pes 2015 is worth my money, i have better things to do with my money. Hearing jon champion mutter the same words as last year after all i fedback to adam makes me feel like im wasting my time.

Also i really dont care about the faces either, im just very sad and dissapointed with the franchise, skipping it this year its really not a full price game.

A lot of people are talking about the PC version being dumbed down because of the quality of peoples rigs. I understand having to dumb down a console game so that the console can handle it but it makes no sense with a PC. On a PC you can make the game as good as possible and then have low, medium, high and ultra. You can even release a high res texture graphics pack.

Also about all the videos you cant tell the quality of the game until you see it on a good rig with a quality capture. Absolutely ridiculous that konami have not shown the game themselves and let peoples fist view of one of there main games to be shown on like that. They look more and more amateur every year

At least you guys always have amazing editors who make all that redundant and make it look ton better than what consoles offer.

Elephant in the room here is if these previous tool creators & modders have a very similar view of allot of posters here (not that I can blame anyone), we might not get them. :THINK: :CRY:

I don't want to say it but with Konami not showing much respect to PC platform this could potentially kill it. Maybe that's the idea, and maybe its not.

im just very sad and dissapointed with the franchise, skipping it this year its really not a full price game.

I am not completely on the same page as you in regards to not liking it as much as you, but, I can agree on the full price tag. I posted previously, I will purchase, but I will wait and seek out those price drops and bargain offers for sure. I can also agree on 2K sports .. they kick the living shit out of most at the moment :)

Last edited:
We need to support Konami this year so that they can invest more in PC.

I disagree. Konami is a large organisation with the resources to invest in all formats. I'm not going to feel sorry for their own poor decisions and incompetence.

The PS4 version was built on a PC, with the similarity between the next-gen consoles and the PC being closer than ever, to the point where there aren't any credible excuses for sloppy PC 'ports'.

If you feel Konami need support then fair enough, but personally I've been 'supporting' them for years only to get shoddy games on both consoles and PC. Enough is enough.

Animations and gameplay look very close to the PS4 preview code, if not exactly the same.

Might just be the case of editing the lod levels...
Yup they all are the same and i see no real difference in gameplay on all platforms on pes 2015.

The only real difference being better framerates and better lighting and general smoothness on the animation front as a result of the higher framerate.

I disagree. Konami is a large organisation with the resources to invest in all formats. I'm not going to feel sorry for their own poor decisions and incompetence.

The PS4 version was built on a PC, with the similarity between the next-gen consoles and the PC being closer than ever, to the point where there aren't any credible excuses for sloppy PC 'ports'.

If you feel Konami need support then fair enough, but personally I've been 'supporting' them for years only to get shoddy games on both consoles and PC. Enough is enough.
Production Quality that is what kills the game for me, in some places it feels like it was made by japanese children.

Might just be the case of editing the lod levels...

It is at least the one major flaw that the community MIGHT be able to fix. IF, unlike last year, there is a proper LOD mixer this time.

Textures shouldn't be much of an issue.

I highly doubt that anyone will be able to fix the lighting disaster, though.

Give me one reason why PC games are so important for Konami? 2% sales?

What's your point?Just because I'm new I don't have a say?
Only stating that the dude(adam) is a jerk and can't fill in any possible way the shoes that Jon Murphy left behind.
I'm a paying customer of Konami and I deserve respect.

You have a say however we are past Bhatti trolling and have moved on.
So Dont do it.

This menu is the first thing one sees .. so it is important because this gives you a first impression and it is disgusting.But too early yet to panic, because I remember the preview of PES 2012, which had a chance to play, was looking disgusting too and lacked many things . However, if THIS is the real and the final PC version .. it would be the worst looking Konami's footbal game on PC since .. ISS 3 :P

Back
Top Bottom