PC PES 2014 discussion thread

That's the one but that I found before but theres no download link. I found it on another site but it doesn't work with any of the updates so I uninstalled it. Gameplay is better but going back to those god awful missing faces kills it for me.

Thanks anyway

You need to move C:\Program Data\KONAMI\Pro Evolution Soccer 2014\download folder into your installation directory (fe. C:\Program Files (x86)\KONAMI\Pro Evolution Soccer 2014)).

That should do it ;).

this game comes up to the stage when it becomes unplayable. each shot = foul! each foul = yellow card, and even red card sometimes.

Each shot = foul? How? Are you smashing them in the face per shot? :)

I think AI ref or at least the engine seems to be more "active" on collisions when its user controlled because we can be more direct with tackles and slides (whereas AI is reliant on collisions by chance of what AI tried to do) so you do have that feeling of needing to be careful and the result of feeling AI is getting away with things at times, then again I think that feeling of being careful has a plus side, more jockying and so on.

I dont agree this makes it become unplayable, annoying and havnig to think about tackling yes, and improvement for next 2015, yes, and also ref and AI getting carded balance, yes as well.

My installation is to C drive.

Yes but you need to move your "program data" section of all faces etc over to your game install folder even if it is the same drive its not the same location on the drive, you dont need to miss any faces, just follow instructions of moving the data as YAIR exe looks in a different folder than normal for all packs & data/cpk. As posted by temporaomores above you.

You need to move C:\Program Data\KONAMI\Pro Evolution Soccer 2014\download folder into your installation directory (fe. C:\Program Files (x86)\KONAMI\Pro Evolution Soccer 2014)).

That should do it ;).

Will that make the patch work with all data packs and patches? And can you please post a more detailed guide how to do it please?

Thanks for your help already also

Hi again. I have followed all the instructions but now I have a black screen when I load the game and that's whether I run as admin or not?

Can anyone advise please?

Hi again. I have followed all the instructions but now I have a black screen when I load the game and that's whether I run as admin or not?

Can anyone advise please?

No worries I got it working. I can honestly recommend Yairs 1.8 patch it really makes it feel like Pes 6. Sad that one man can do what a global company cant.

Yair you are a legend !!! You have rekindled my love for Pes 14 again

So, I hadn't played the game in ages so I decided to fire it up and have a few WC runs. Last version I played was 1.07 I believe but I patched the game up before having a go.

- What's up with the passing? It feels just awful and the AI intercepts nearly every pass. I tried both manual and 1 level of assistance and they thoroughly suck the both of them. With 1 level of assistance you can be sure that NONE of your meaningful passes is going to the player you're aiming for but a worse positioned player in the vicinity, preferably offside positioned. The manual system could've worked if it weren't for the insane AI midfield pressure making sure that you have no time to aim a pass and power it up before you're tackled.

- Playing with Argentina I got my arse tore open by Iran, they were the hardest team I played all tournament... what's up with that? They even had most of their lineup at blue arrows as far as I could tell from the marking window. Mine was green/orange.

- Shooting... well, when I tap the shoot button with Messi at open goal inside the inner box I don't expect to shoot wide. This happend no less than 7 times in one tournament with various players but most of them were Messi with 99 shooting. I don't use manual shooting.

There's also some cases where my players run alongside the ball instead of just taking a step forward to intercept AI passes. There's also the fine amount of background scripting going on still which makes me wonder if they intend to allow me to properly control my players every once in a while. It's almost of they randomize the controller input as I feel the players are doing something but not what my input orders them to way too often. The usual stuff with fatigue not seemingly affecting the AI what so ever and yada yada yada.

I actually liked PES 2014 last time I played it but now I'm not so sure anymore. It's the same shit every year, really. I'd prefer to walk all over Iran and have Germany tear me a new one and not the other way around, is that so fucking hard to accomplish, Konami?

Last edited:
I just had to vent some steam. I nearly burst a vein or five during that tournament... makes me wonder whether Konami aims for frustration rather than fun. Can't remember having struggled to string simple passes together like this before...

EDIT:
That's it... Shoajei just literally pushed Garay in front of him for ten yards while I was trying to tackle non stop and blew the ball in off the crossbar from outside the box to equalize... Obviously I couldn't do anything with Garay because he was out of balance or something the whole time. I played so defensively that it was their only shot during the match. It's too silly, this game must be made for children. What on earth did they do in these last patches? Fuck it up completely?

Last edited:
Odd thing about the passing is that they make it harder by each level of difficulty. You can have a sweet time passing the ball on pro level, Zero assistance setting, but go to Superstar and the game will enjoy fucking up your most basic passes.

Could be a long shot but seeing as Yair can remap the files to improve gameplay.

Does anyone know if its possible to remap the skill moves more like the old pes? Like double tapping LB for step over, spinning the stick for a Marseilles roulette ?

Surely if parts of the in game code can be rewritten then the button mapping can be changed too?

So, to warm up to todays matches I decided to give this game yet another chance. Passing assistance 2 (previously only tried 1 or none), Match Length 15, Superstar.

Now it suddenly felt like an interely different game. I even defended better for some reason... probably because I wasn't as frustrated at not managing to string three passes together.Oh well, I scored a lot of really nice goals and came second in the WC with Argentina. Lost 3-1 to Italy in the final but that's fine. I didn't feel cheated once.

It's just weird how this game changes in the most unexpected areas when you change a setting...

Sounds to me like user issues, I mean your basicly saying that the games better when it assists your passing, which, for personal pref is great, but does that mean its the game causing the problem? Couple that with a bit of placebo having better time to pass.

Seeing as this game gives you a manual pass mode, I don't see the point of any assisted settings. I can then use manual mode to make specific passes how I like and also call a second man over to create options (at least I know I made the mistake than the game).

AI seem to back off if you dribble a little more and using the option to control another player to position them you can override and make the options far more that way and confuse AI to give some time/lessen pressure. When you pass and switch to that player auto set to deft touch mode as you receive the ball, this (to me) seems to make attack AI on one to one "stay back" a little as you look to make the next move. Trick is to find what makes the opposing AI pause before trying to tackle, manual pass mode dribble and deft touch as you get the ball doesnt make you so obvious what your going to do and AI spends time trying to figure that out and delays them even when they high pressure.

Well, thats what ive found anyway :)

Last edited:
In general I enjoy this game.

The only thing that bugs me is the amount of fouls with the latest patch(es).
Specially when you passed the ball and an attacker pushes that player after the ball is gone, the game gets interrupted.

It's mostly annoying when the ref could give an advantage.
It happened a lot that I made a pass to a striker in the box who just had to take a shot, but the ref interrupts and whistles because the passing player got tackled afterwards.

Also, defending in the box got way too dangerous.
Caught penalties against me just by pushing the X or square button. That should only happen by doing a slide tackle or double tap X.

Even the CPU seems to struggle with that.
Got 2 penalties in one game, because CPU fouled (actually slightly pushed) my attackers.
That had never happened in a previous version.

I also kind of miss flying headers. Haven't seen a single one in this game.

Apart from that I quite enjoy it though.

Sounds to me like user issues, I mean your basicly saying that the games better when it assists your passing, which, for personal pref is great, but does that mean its the game causing the problem?

Well, I've generally played on manual passing on PES2014 on all previous patches and thought it worked well. Manual passing undeniably takes a bit more time than assisted, which is one main issue and sometimes when I slighly tap the pass on manual to just tap it over to a nearby player the game seem to register a fairly hard pass quite often for some reason and the ball is long gone.

Couple that with the fact that the left stick isn't very accurate and the passes often goes to a different player than originally intended. None of these were an issue before and I refuse to believe that a few months of inactivity has changed me from a fairly fantastic PES player into a completely useless one. Maybe these changes has been subtle and gradual for those who used the patches in between 1.07 and 1.13 but for me those changes are huge to say the least.

There is also definitely something different with sprinting as well, the double tap doesn't give more than half the burst it used to and coupled with defender catch up, dribbling is also quite nerfed. The AI defenders also react much faster to direction changes than they used to so gambeta is also fairly futile.

Lastly, and most importantly, Iran should not be able to hassle an opponent like Argentina for 94 minutes unless the game aims specifically to be a pure arcade game. Stats, abilities and fatigue doesn't seem to affect the AI what so ever.

The last part worries me most, everything else one can get used to. The last part makes the game pointless from my point of view.

PS. I figured out why all my shots went wide, I had advanced shooting (or something like that) which made me curl all my shots the wrong way as I thought I was using basic, which suits me well. The keepers are fairly weak anyway so no need to squeeze the shots into the top corner manually.

PPS. In order to make manual passing better they should be more responsive and get some level of assistance in terms of power on the shortest passes but not directionally. The left stick should also be sensitive so that you can run at more than two-three speeds.

Last edited:
I hear you, but what about the stat of the player in use? Maybe stats issue more than anything, controller calibration also?

I play manual and my controller I purchased in 2008 ... some of the rubber is missing on the left stick :) I dont seem to have passing issues as you mention, Im not saying your wrong and my interpretation of good compared to yours is always going to be tricky to understand though.

I agree on the stamina stats and fatigue im not sure how fatigie is working in this game, its part of the model/engine I feel needs overhaul for 2015 onwards I agree on that for sure. Something more visual and something more clear to notice fatigue that an bar line and a glowing icon, although still not perfectly balanced I have to say that this is something Fifa has done better (ooh how it irks me to type those words) ;)

Well, a cheap workaround for the difficulty issue is to change difficulty based on the opponents relative to your own team's strength but it becomes old quite fast.

I have several controllers, all XBOX360, so there's no calibration needed on PC afaik.

Anyway, I rolled back to 1.07 and suddenly manual passing seemed fine but the AI is also considerably weaker defensively. Maybe there's a connection, I don't know.

Back
Top Bottom