PC PES 2014 discussion thread

This game is so much better with yair25 patch it's unbelievable, how much of a change it can make. Little niggles here and there (left by KONAMI), but my God it's completely different beast now.

It handles like PES6. You have so much variety. The catch up thing is severely limited, the player positioning is better and other stuff you notice after playing 20+ games. I can't get off this game now.

Totally agree. This is the most fun I've had with 2014 since the demo.

as broken as the game is, lets see what happens. This is the first pes on the fox engine..

is the yair patch based of original exe 1.12 ?

is i copy yairs patch in PES Folder and rename it in "pes2014" the game starts and i get the message wong version and i ahve to refreh the whole ingame settings.

with konamis 1.13 i have no problems.

iam usiing pesedit patch.

some ideas ?

This game is so much better with yair25 patch it's unbelievable, how much of a change it can make. Little niggles here and there (left by KONAMI), but my God it's completely different beast now.

It handles like PES6. You have so much variety. The catch up thing is severely limited, the player positioning is better and other stuff you notice after playing 20+ games. I can't get off this game now.

you didn't play fifa 14 for a long time :P

you didn't play fifa 14 for a long time :P

Hm, true. I did put it down pretty fast :LOL:. First year like this for me, where I wasn't entirely satisfied by both parties :(.

Especially after playing NG FIFA wishing it was on PC too (imagine Moddingway patch for it).

Weird, but most played FIFA I have will be FIFA 11 (PC) with over 1200hrs in it :D.

the only solution for that is doing like real defenders do in soccer ... you have to contain.

basicly you have to contain then, 2 steps distance ( more or less ) and protecting the side of the goal. if you do this, you are forcing the attacker to make a move ( and not you ) and then you can take the ball.
Thanks :) I must say, if this containing means holding :x: then I tried this before, but using the left stick in the correct position was tricky. I used it to move backwards from the ball. Is that what you mean?
exactly the same thing happens in changed positions. the cpu is very easily dribbled if they come running against you ( RS Down or UP and then LS Forward usually does the trick ).
Are you here talking as attacker? Maybe I don't understand you correctly...
contain alot , dont go tackling.

of course , you can always do a fault, or go straight with RB + X and then using the RS to just push the attacker over. but has to be done very carefully ( watching the momentum for runs )

this is not scriptting, this is real life soccer ( surelly you dont think real defenders contain attackers because they are lazy ).

scripting happens when every tackle you do, still the ball rebounds to a cpu player.

i also though some headers were scripting, but discovered that my way of heading was not the best.
Thanks again for your explanation; there were things I already did before but it didn't work, so I asume my timing was off. But it is good to read from you I was on the right way, just the wrong timing :)
What you wrote about tackling and see the ball still boucing to your opponent happens a lot to me too.
Maybe you can answer my question above ? Thanks.
It was a good post to read from you :APPLAUD:

Especially after playing NG FIFA wishing it was on PC too (imagine Moddingway patch for it).
=

Indeed. I play it every now and again on the PS4, but I must admit I need my fluff. It's an enjoyable game, but it's not so amazing that I can overlook not having proper faces, boots, stadiums, adboards, etc. That and gameplay patches would be very interesting to see. Hopefully this is the year where ONE game will completely satisfy me. I somehow doubt it.

Thanks :) I must say, if this containing means holding :x: then I tried this before, but using the left stick in the correct position was tricky. I used it to move backwards from the ball. Is that what you mean?
Are you here talking as attacker? Maybe I don't understand you correctly...
Thanks again for your explanation; there were things I already did before but it didn't work, so I asume my timing was off. But it is good to read from you I was on the right way, just the wrong timing :)
What you wrote about tackling and see the ball still boucing to your opponent happens a lot to me too.
Maybe you can answer my question above ? Thanks.
It was a good post to read from you :APPLAUD:

By containing i mean being in a defensive position and using the RT button. Notice i didnt said "just do jockey" because that is not a 100% solution. Trick is to do Jockey , how to position yourself doing jockey ( always defend the goal and pay atention to the attacker foot ) and then when to let go of jockey if the attacker starts running on another direction or passes the ball. If your player can "take the ball", he will do it automaticly , no need for pressing (X).

Seeing how real defenders do in TV helps, and try to do that in the game. Its something computer games players are not really used to ( jockeying in 2013 as very very easy and very speedy, now its harder and slower ).

Pressing (X) button is just a close onto the attacker player. I never trust it to take the ball.

One usefull thing to do is (X) + RB , to push the player using the body. ( also try using Right Stick, but that can end up in a foul ).

If a player is slow dribbling always have in mind that he can change directions at any time and you have to be prepared for that.

About me being the attacker, yes, if i want to beat a CPU Defender, first thing i do is to stop running :) Prepare the ball to the correct foot and then either just run in another direction / Prepare the ball with RT and choose run directions according to the position of the cpu defender ( the running after RT dribble is very powerfull ) / just do a good feint that i am used to do and know how to do properly.

Most of my games end up in 1-0 or 2-1, playing at TOP Player and 20 minutes matchs at speed -2 ( up until patch 1.12 i played speed -1 ). I dont let many goals in but i also dont score alot ( i play on full manual in everything, sometimes its tricky to do a good shot and perfect pass ).

Yeah.. it is better now, i had fun with yair's patch 1.6 during weekend, despite the constant unintentional foul :P. Great patch.

By containing i mean being in a defensive position and using the RT button. Notice i didnt said "just do jockey" because that is not a 100% solution. Trick is to do Jockey , how to position yourself doing jockey ( always defend the goal and pay atention to the attacker foot ) and then when to let go of jockey if the attacker starts running on another direction or passes the ball. If your player can "take the ball", he will do it automaticly , no need for pressing (X).

Seeing how real defenders do in TV helps, and try to do that in the game. Its something computer games players are not really used to ( jockeying in 2013 as very very easy and very speedy, now its harder and slower ).

Pressing (X) button is just a close onto the attacker player. I never trust it to take the ball.

One usefull thing to do is (X) + RB , to push the player using the body. ( also try using Right Stick, but that can end up in a foul ).

If a player is slow dribbling always have in mind that he can change directions at any time and you have to be prepared for that.

About me being the attacker, yes, if i want to beat a CPU Defender, first thing i do is to stop running :) Prepare the ball to the correct foot and then either just run in another direction / Prepare the ball with RT and choose run directions according to the position of the cpu defender ( the running after RT dribble is very powerfull ) / just do a good feint that i am used to do and know how to do properly.

Most of my games end up in 1-0 or 2-1, playing at TOP Player and 20 minutes matchs at speed -2 ( up until patch 1.12 i played speed -1 ). I dont let many goals in but i also dont score alot ( i play on full manual in everything, sometimes its tricky to do a good shot and perfect pass ).
Thanks again :)
I just tried a few matches, but it is quite a switch, playing with RT.
I always played with :x: and barging a player from the ball using the right stick.
But you can't expect instant improvement after a few matches. We will see how things go after 10 matches or so...
BTW, I can't find defending with RT in the manual.. How did you figure out?

Last edited:
Thanks again :)
I just tried a few matches, but it is quite a switch, playing with RT.
I always played with :x: and barging a player from the ball using the right stick.
But you can't expect instant improvement after a few matches. We will see how things go after 10 matches or so...
BTW, I can't find defending with RT in the manual.. How did you figure out?

It's been in both FIFA and PES for a few years now.

It's been in both FIFA and PES for a few years now.
Can be, but that is not a helpful remark.
Just found it in the manual under 'deft touch'.
It is supposed to be something if you have the ball ( slow dribble ) .
After reading on, it says you also can use it to run back, while looking at the ball ,when defending.

guys, what happened with adboards in last few versions of the game (PC)?

majority of stadiums now have static adboards with only "konami" logo or "shop.to" logo on it, no electronic rotating adboards anymore.

any clues? how to fix it?

:SMOKIN:

Another question is why they did remove Laudrup/Iniesta skill move? La Croqueta. :/

It was in 2013. Missing in 2014. Yet rest is still there... :?

Nope. EA has nothing to do with it as they never had that particular skill move nailed down (surprise!) as well as KONAMI did O_O.

Weird. I hope it comes back in 2015. It's esential signature move for Iniesta/Laudrup ffs :LOL:.

Guys can anybody make sure is the stamina system working in Ml or not. I am saying this because I cant see any difference between a full stamina of a player and no stamina of a player while sprinting. How could a player without any stamina run so fast I couldn't understand. Please some one answer,is it me or everybody is having this circumstances. By the way I am using official patch 1.13 and dlc6. Thank u .

So this new protocol in finishing the game, it's only about 2014, or has to be intended from now on? So sacrificing the southeast asia license, it's like to have we edition from may. Not a good move from them.

Last edited:
It's obvious PC wasn't included in the initial plan. The DLC is available ONLY on Steam right now because they don't have to handle the e-commerce stuff themselves. Which brings to the 2% of market share, less resources wasted.

Even that, the game is still region-restricted on Steam, just like the other Konami titles.

Pro Evolution Soccer ‏@officialpes · 12 de jun.
DP 7 is now available! It includes the official Dutch National Team kit and over 200 reworked faces! Download it now! pic.twitter.com/WUrI4TACyT

Mus TAFA ‏@Muske1980 · 5 h

@officialpes for PC?

‏@officialpes @Muske1980 At the moment we have no exact information. Please keep an eye on our page for the latest news.

Hi guys

Can someone share a link to the new Yair gameplay patch as the one I find doesn't actually have a download button

Thanks in advance

Back
Top Bottom