PC PES 2014 discussion thread

Hmm, after playing the game some more on regular basis, I guess that I'm starting to get it (very, very slowly).

Even though there are still some hillarious (or annoying) bugs here and there, overall I find that game gets quite intense at the moments, I love how one misplay in defence, or one greatly timed pass up front can entirely change the game.

You know, being a man who played only PES 6 pretty much since it came out, it was a bit hard to change habits and get to play PES 2014. But despite all the quirks and fails I definitely enjoy playing it (much more than FIFA, but that's a matter of preferences).

I guess it's a good starting point for PES 2015, hopefully KONAMI will push it to the limit and get back on track. Sadly, I'm not so sure about it - this autumn is KONAMI's last chance to challenge FIFA I'm afraid. The fanbase is shrinking already, and while now we might cope with some bugs here and there, oh boy, the next year might prove troublesome.

Hopefully it won't. Well, worst case scenario I always have PES 6 on my HDD. ;)

Best to ask in yair thread, but hes announced no more updates for 2014 now.

Friday is up to konami update the pc version but...

konami_release_update_date____by_animalbear-d7n8bo0.png

Friday is up to konami update the pc version but...

konami_release_update_date____by_animalbear-d7n8bo0.png

5mmaq3.jpg

Hmm, after playing the game some more on regular basis, I guess that I'm starting to get it (very, very slowly).

Even though there are still some hillarious (or annoying) bugs here and there, overall I find that game gets quite intense at the moments, I love how one misplay in defence, or one greatly timed pass up front can entirely change the game.

You know, being a man who played only PES 6 pretty much since it came out, it was a bit hard to change habits and get to play PES 2014. But despite all the quirks and fails I definitely enjoy playing it (much more than FIFA, but that's a matter of preferences).

I guess it's a good starting point for PES 2015, hopefully KONAMI will push it to the limit and get back on track. Sadly, I'm not so sure about it - this autumn is KONAMI's last chance to challenge FIFA I'm afraid. The fanbase is shrinking already, and while now we might cope with some bugs here and there, oh boy, the next year might prove troublesome.

Hopefully it won't. Well, worst case scenario I always have PES 6 on my HDD. ;)

+1

Pro.Evolution.Soccer.2014.World.Challenge-SKIDROW

don't they say it will be only for console ?

So, to warm up to todays matches I decided to give this game yet another chance. Passing assistance 2 (previously only tried 1 or none), Match Length 15, Superstar.

Now it suddenly felt like an interely different game. I even defended better for some reason... probably because I wasn't as frustrated at not managing to string three passes together.Oh well, I scored a lot of really nice goals and came second in the WC with Argentina. Lost 3-1 to Italy in the final but that's fine. I didn't feel cheated once.

It's just weird how this game changes in the most unexpected areas when you change a setting...

I've also decided to give this game another chance (as a result of world cup fever) and, similar to you, I've found playing on higher assist settings really helps this game. It feels as though it's meant to be played this way. Less annoying, less frustrating, more fun.

I don't think PES at its core is designed for manual control just yet.

Less annoying, less frustrating, more fun.

I don't think PES at its core is designed for manual control just yet.

I disagree, because if you want to make it a bit more easier because its difficulty becomes annoying for the user and frustrates them, any game with assists does this, even driving games, thats why that option exists.

Pes is designed for manual because many manual players like it, like the challenge and wont find that a frustration.

I dont think its a case of the game was built for assisted and not ready for manual at the core, its a case of the user preferring a more simulated control as opposed to the user that prefers some assistance for what they perceive as annoying. One mans annoying is another mans simulation and more control.

For example I play manual (switched off assisted as soon as a purchased and installed so I didnt get used to being helped). That was back last november time and recently I tried using some assisted features, and funny enough I found it frustrating and less enjoyment. I felt passes (through balls) werent getting to who I wanted, close contact 1v1 situations I didnt feel I could get out of as well and so on.

Its about the users pref and taste, the game regardless of the user works well in both modes if you get used to it.

Last edited:
Yeah, I agree with Jamezinho (YAY :D). It's not that it's difficult that I don't like manual, it's because it's not precise enough and highly error prone. When the game engine frequently register a slight tap on the passing button as a power pass across the field for example. Also that the stick isn't accurate enough as there is no reliable way to know whether your pass is aimed slightly ahead or slightly behind the player you're aiming at. The manual passes are also generally much slower and gets intercepted on a regular basis, even if you go overboard on the power bar.

So my conclusion is that it's there but it isn't properly tuned and not fully ready to be enjoyed.

PS. I also like to add that passing assist 2 feels more like passing assist 1 on 2013 and older versions. There is definitely something "wrong" or unfinished with 0 and 1.

Completely agree with Zero, that's one of the main reasons why I can't enjoy the game - the passing is simply broken.

Even on 2 bars it's not really how it should be in my opinion (i.e. still misplaced passes because the game can't transform the input correctly into the gameplay).

It will be unacceptable if they don't fix this in PES 2015...

What I don't like about the passing is, that sometimes through balls come way too hard even I tapped the triangle button for like 0.1 seconds.

I never tried it, but is it possible to kick the ball out of the pitch when you do a long pass (circle) on manual from one wing to another with a full loaded power bar?

I feel a bit like a n00b (well, I'm technically one) seeing as you guys all play on passing assistance 2, when I use 3. I kinda seem to get it by now, sometimes I still fail horribly, but I guess it goes in a good direction and sonner or later I'll try 2.

Actually I enjoy how the build-up works in this game so much that I slip into tiki-taka unconsciously :CONFUSE: I've spent last ML game passing the game in midfield most of the time, just because it was somehow amusing.

In the end it killed me as Milwall equalised and well, it ended up 1-1 :D

But what I still don't get is defending. Somehow I cannot get to win 1 v 1s often, I don't really know how to bait the attacker into making a move and snatching the ball. I tried containing a few times, but then usually the pass goes next to me, someone takes it and well, congratz, I conceeded.

I believe there is a way to do this, I am simply absolutely overwhelmed by the amount of things I have to learn. I learn something new every day and I absolutely enjoy the game despite not winning on a constant basis, but sometimes I just dunno what to do :OOOH:

I tried playing on Top Player - scoring isn't much of a problem, but here my defence gets torn apart constantly and I end up with ridiculous scores like 3-3, 4-4 every second game :lol:

Any defensive tips? Usually game goes so fast I have no idea what's going on. And yeah, analog input is kinda skewed, or maybe it's my pad...I'll get the xbox pad next month, hopefully it will help a bit.

EDIT: Just started playing with tricks a.k.a skill moves a.k.a feints. Omg that's soo funny :D

Last edited:
Check out the advance videos in the training section of the game, crap reply but it shows how to use 2 players to block (or one), how to time a blocking move, how to run with player and tackle/push off ball.

New patch released to fix Data Pack 7

As some of you may have already noticed, after downloading Data Pack 7 (released on June 12 for consoles and available soon for PC), the new World Cup kits for the Dutch national team were not added for some users.

While today's patch doesn't provide any improvements to gameplay (according to the release notes anyway), the update will fix any issues you may have regarding unimplemented strips for the Oranje.

As I write this, the patch is only available on PS3 but is expected to hit PC and Xbox 360 shortly. As soon as we know more, we'll make all announcements on our Twitter page as well as updating this post throughout the day.

Patch release notes:

- Fixes
Previous issues regarding the Netherlands national Team strip not being correctly updated.

(Once this latest patch is applied, the team strip will be correctly updated regardless of its previous state) PUI3DogGHeY

I'm getting so bored for a update never they release a time for PC users.
Let's see on PES 2015 if they release it at the same time.

Get used to it already, lol.

Water is wet, sky is blue and KONAMI releases updates for consoles and PCs at different times.

I'm sure we'll have the same thing with PES 2015.
That's the smallest concern I have about the next release though.

yea, cause with the old patch 1.16 the settings.exe was broken.

like the new patch and for me pes2014 offline ageinst friends without heart its a really nice game !!! :COOL:

Getting the itch to play again, don't think I played since 1.12. Are the keepers better or do they still react way too late to most shots?

Since I am hearing from the new previews of 2015 that keepers are still an issue, I assume it is still sub-par in the new patch?

There's plenty of people complaining about the newer patches etc, well I'm playing on PC version 1.04, just haven't been arsed to do any updating or shit this year, and must say the game plays pretty well. Long shooting was a problem on release, and blundering keepers. But this 1.04 seems to have addressed these issues whilst still maintaining player individuality and the essence of the game whist fixing these initial problems. Just saying.

Getting the itch to play again, don't think I played since 1.12. Are the keepers better or do they still react way too late to most shots?

Since I am hearing from the new previews of 2015 that keepers are still an issue, I assume it is still sub-par in the new patch?

I feel like the keepers have been improved.
Give it a shot.

I quite enjoy the game with the latest patches, except for the amount of fouls.

But I don´t think that keepers are really an issue now.

Back
Top Bottom